Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Deadpool's first appearance was in New Mutants, so that put him in the X-Men camp early.

I wonder if Hawkeye could cameo in the new Cap movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What does a Hawkeye solo story even look like? I mean, I know what a green arrow story looks like but Hawkeye in his private life is basically just a mercenary isn't he? Who's his nemesis, Bullseye I imagine?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bullseye would be a perfect nemesis for Hawkeye, but I can't help but say I want to see Taskmaster on screen as well. Maybe he should be in the Iron Fist series.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

What does a Hawkeye solo story even look like? I mean, I know what a green arrow story looks like but Hawkeye in his private life is basically just a mercenary isn't he? Who's his nemesis, Bullseye I imagine?

Hawkeye's nemesis is himself.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hawkeye, quick! Bullseye is robbing a Target!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

greatn posted:

I guess you could use Trickshot as the antagonist?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

greatn posted:

If only there was a Hawkeye solo series that might answer this question. One that is critically and commercially acclaimed, even.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

If only there was a Hawkeye solo series that might answer this question. One that is critically and commercially acclaimed, even.

M.A.S.H?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

greatn posted:

M.A.S.H?
That was clearly an ensemble cast. :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

M.A.S.H?

bro?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Bro! Seriously! Seriously. Bro.

Bro. Brobrobro.
Seeeeriously.

You can't have a Hawkguy movie without Kate :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
A Hawkeye movie that does not have Pizza Dog is a pointless movie.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Jason Momoa is in talks to join Batman vs Superman.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Pegg doesn't want to be Antman :(

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Well, he doesn't exactly have a nemesis in said series. Kate has Madame Masque, but all Clint has is the Tracksuit Mafia, and I don't think they could really lead a movie, since superhero flicks usually like to have a big established lead villain from the comics, and Teardrop Eye Mask guy doesn't even have a supervillain name yet.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Aren't they like filming that already or does it just seem that way because of the teaser?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I thought Rudd was already confirmed to be Ant-Man? Oh well. I agree with Pegg in the article; he's too old for the role and Wright should go work with other people besides Pegg. Just because they made good movies together in the past doesn't mean they need to do every movie together.

datingvolcanoes
Jan 22, 2006

getting real tired of your shit, steve
I completely disagree on the age aspect, but I wholeheartedly support him on the separation. I would watch Wright-Pegg movies until I scatter to dust, but they are both incredibly viable individuals and no one enjoys being typecast.

Edit: drat it, y'all, I got all excited about unexpected Hawkeye news.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Mahasamatman posted:

Was it Rodan?

I think this was it. It wasn't Mothra, I'm pretty sure.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Batman's Shameful Secret › BSS Movie Thread: America Isn't Ready For A British Ant-Man

Flater
Oct 20, 2006

Ask me about sucking Batman's dick
Why the hell would anyone want Pegg to be Antman in the first place? What would he bring to the role? Heedlessly mashing together two separate things you enjoy should stay in the realm of fanfic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well Pegg and Wright are a will known and well regarded team, they aren't really separate unrelated things.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Pegg wasn't in Scott Pilgrim either. I don't see why this even needed to be brought up.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Scott Pilgrim is really the only work Wright has done disconnected from Pegg since they started working together on Spaced. It's not an unreasonable thing for Pegg to say.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Imagine an alternate universe where Pegg was Scott Pilgrim.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I still think it woulda been fun for Pegg and Frost to have cameoed as the Vegan Police.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

greatn posted:

He is not in the suit for action sequences very much at all until near the end of Iron Man 3, so maybe you wouldn't like it, but I think this actually made the movie better and the out of suit action sequences are very inventive and show off the character's ingenuity and improvisation really well.

Check it out. Bonus: It's a christmas movie, so it's a perfect time.

Yeah, I had some issues with Iron Man 3 but it definitely has the most and best action sequences of the trilogy. The Barrel of Monkeys scene is pretty amazing.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Electromax posted:

Imagine an alternate universe where Pegg was Scott Pilgrim.

What are you now, Scott, like, 28?

So you've been out of high school for like fourteen years.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

TwoPair posted:

I thought Rudd was already confirmed to be Ant-Man? Oh well. I agree with Pegg in the article; he's too old for the role and Wright should go work with other people besides Pegg. Just because they made good movies together in the past doesn't mean they need to do every movie together.

At 44, Rudd is actually a year older than Simon Pegg.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Real age doesn't matter on screen. Paul Rudd looks like, 32.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Real age doesn't matter on screen. Paul Rudd looks like, 32.

The real answer is that Pegg isn't 'leading man material' in the US. His looks are going to pigeonhole him as a supporting player. He can be the wacky sidekick to Chris Pine or Tom Cruise, but I don't see any big studio getting behind him to anchor a tentpole picture.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I thought Rudd was already confirmed to be Ant-Man?

He says he's not.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/12/11/paul-rudd-denies-ant-man-casting-rumors/

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's because he has important work to do.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Remaking 'Mac and Me' so he can show the clips on Conan.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

That feels like fluff to play it off, especially if that rumor about two Ant-Mans being in the movie is true and he plays only one of them. Much different from Pegg saying "I wouldn't pick me."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

It's because he has important work to do.

Never not going to make me chuckle.

I'm pretty sure the 'multiple Ant-Man legacy movie' thing died the second Marvel started making their 'cinematic universe' a reality.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dan Didio posted:

Never not going to make me chuckle.

I'm pretty sure the 'multiple Ant-Man legacy movie' thing died the second Marvel started making their 'cinematic universe' a reality.

Wasn't that Ant-Man concept talked about well after the cinematic universe started with Iron Man?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That concept was first talked about before Iron Man was made, it's been hinted at since, but the most recent reports were that Ant-Man was undergoing rewrites, specifically because the existing scripts/concepts predated the marvel cinematic universe.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Adam Scott for Antman. There's my fantasy casting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Sockser posted:

Adam Scott for Antman. There's my fantasy casting.

Avengers 3 can be a Parks and Rec reunion.

• Locked thread