Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
Maximum Romes. C!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Romes for the people, C!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

A Pax Hindustani

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Voting A

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

A!

I want to see India colonising the West for once.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

A. Native-ruled India rather than another furriner dynasty would be a wonderful change of pace.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
voting A
Its India's time to rise.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Ofaloaf posted:

A. Native-ruled India rather than another furriner dynasty would be a wonderful change of pace.

This. Also, considering I was having trouble with vassals in my playing at the Timurids, I think C is super unlikely. And if Samarkand is a Rome, I wouldn't have tried so hard for Constantinople.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
C.

A: 21 (mcclay, Ofaloaf, MinistryofLard, Jimmy4400nav, PrinceRandom, Necroskowitz, Erwin the German, HrungTheGi, Magni, the JJ, Wyld Karde, Aeromancia, JGBeagle, Mr. Peepers, Alikchi, Drink Cheerwine, my dad, Bobbin Threadbare, RabidWeasel, WilliamAnderson, JT Jag)
B: 10 (catlord, LordGugs, Technowolf, Patter Song, Vaga42Bond, alcaras, sureaboutthatthing, Ethiser, Camoes, AJ_Impy)
C: 23 (Sniper4625, NewMars, Dry Hump, Blackunknown, Defeatist Elitist, Reveilled, SirPhoebos, Thordain, Sky Shadowing, SeaTard, DivineCoffeeBinge, Captain Foo, Civilized Fishbot, Icecream Jane, ForeverBWFC, Ovo, General Antares, sebzilla, Jeoh, Caustic Soda, Luhood, TheMcD, Fuligin)
D*: 2 (Serpentis, The Sandman)

Should be accurate as of my post. If I missed you, I apologize - I'm a little rusty at this whole vote counting thing.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 14, 2013

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I guess I need to be more explicit. A.

Also B people, pick A if you want to avoid C!

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
I don't understand why people are voting A for a strong India. It sounds like C-India is way stronger and threatening than A-India.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

C sounds interesting.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'll actually change my vote to C if you post the mod in here. I wanna play a state in India and it often gets ignored in modding.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Huh. A, since this is so close. A unified India will give the Timurids problems along their southern borders.

Vaga42Bond
Apr 10, 2009

Die Essensrationen wurden verdoppelt!
Die Anzahl der Torpedos wurde verdoppelt!
Conditional Vote Change from B to A, unless B might win.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
Voting A for a native-ruled India.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I don't understand why people are voting A for a strong India. It sounds like C-India is way stronger and threatening than A-India.
If you vote for C you aren't voting for India, you're voting for a bunch of separate Timurid successor states.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I feel like I must reveal what I read in these alternatives:

ZearothK posted:

a) Hindustan, the Great: (120% Tech Costs)
The Karnata Empire dominates India. It was born from alliances to fight back the Mohamedians, and as these suffered under invasions from Orthodox Mongols the Karnata seized the opportunity to become the hegemon of the region, expelling the invaders to beyond the Indus, guarding the eastern and southern realms from Muslim and Mongol alike. As the Karnatas entertain themselves in border skirmishes with Persia and the Timurids, the lesser Hindu and Buddhist realms abuse their safety to compete amongst one another, proving that despite their peculiar beliefs the human nature of their rulers is equal to our own.

The Indian peninsula is united under the HRE-like Karnata Empire, an alliance of states that seek to keep out the Mongols and Muslims alike. I don't think this is as united as it sounds, but I digress.

ZearothK posted:

b) Mongols, Mongols Everywhere: (130% Tech Costs)
My grandfather, unsatisfied with vanquishing the Golden Rus, turned his attention to the rising power of Hindustan. This too did he conquer, leaving one of my uncles to establish the Mughal Empire and spread the Orthodox faith into India. I was an honoured guest in his palace, but what I found in India proved distressing: Religious warfare between Orthodox, Muslim, Hindu and Buddhists had ravaged the lands far and wide. These factions, respectively led by the Mughals, the Deccan Sultanates, the Kingdom of Mysore and the Sena Empire, each with their own allies and client-states, see no end to their struggle but the total annihilation of their rival faiths. In the grim darkness of India, there is only war and the laughter of a thousand gods.

Four equally great camps, probably one "big" power with 2 or 3 vassals each or something similar. This is probably the "weak" India, at least it sounds like that.

ZearothK posted:

c) Samarkand: Third Rome: The Renaissance: (110% Tech Costs)
The Samarkand of my extended family is a marvel to behold, set upon the silk road and capital to the greatest empire of our age, it is the meeting grounds of scholars and philosophers from all over the world: Rome, Arabia, India, Tibet and China. There they are sparking a cultural and scientific revolution, a true renaissance of the human spirit. This... Zeitgeist has found its most fertile soil in the Indian states, where peace has been enforced by the successors of Timur, whose military endeavours dream of western, not southern, conquests. India is fragmented, diverse and tolerant of every creed, spared from the spectre of regular warfare, this plurality has granted them a prosperity without equal and it would take a man many lifetimes to describe their variety.
In this scenario the Timurids will begin in the Indian Tech Group, rather than the Nomad one.

The new Rome, where India is, as always, divided. It sounds, however, as if the Timurids' war in the west have brought peace and prosperity to India and Samarkand alike, thus in the long run making the two of them stronger for it. And, going with the pseudo-masochistic world ZearothK claimed to have wanted, I do think C is the stronger choice what with it strengthening the Timurids and all, as well as the Indian peninsula (in a lesser degree than say A, perhaps, but still).

If ZearothK disagrees with the way I view stuff he is free to correct me. I'm merely flinging out guesses here.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
C.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
C.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
B

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
C!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

C.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
A.

As per Rohm's Law, adding Romes means disturbing the balance of Venices and Alexandrias. If we keep it up, we might reach critical mass, where it is impossible to leave your house because everything is blocked by amphitheatres and baths. That would be against the laws of thermaedynamics.

Stalingrad
Feb 5, 2011

C

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
C sounds pretty interesting. Also echoing the request the mod be posted in here.

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 14, 2013

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Tevery Best posted:

A.

As per Rohm's Law, adding Romes means disturbing the balance of Venices and Alexandrias. If we keep it up, we might reach critical mass, where it is impossible to leave your house because everything is blocked by amphitheatres and baths. That would be against the laws of thermaedynamics.

But as any greek can tell you, is very possible within the laws of themadynamics. Anyway, I too wish to see the mod of this. Also, will we be voting on the situation of the new world as well? If we are, are we going to delay that until conquest of paradise is released, or what?

tallboarLittlehand
Sep 7, 2011
A

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Luhood posted:

I feel like I must reveal what I read in these alternatives:

If ZearothK disagrees with the way I view stuff he is free to correct me. I'm merely flinging out guesses here.

You are pretty much right on the money, with the exception of the Karnata being a blob around western India, rather than another HRE/Shogunate system. I am aware that "Karnata Empire" was an alternate name for Vijayanagara (so-named after its capital in southeastern India), but it's actually a play on that name and a reference to the Karnata Kingdom of the Mahabharata. It is meant to be a power capable of holding its own against would-be invaders and of consolidating its position in India, possibly even doing some imperialism in the areas surrounding it. The 120% tech cost is equivalent to Muslim tech, while 110% is what I am using for Western/Eastern, for the sake of comparison.

I am doing a rebalance of the units across tech groups, but Nomads still have the best units in the early game, which would certainly help the Timurids in the short-term. The result of the C option is more akin to making the region similar to Italy (hence the Renaissance): a lot of rich and produtive small states, which means that unless a local power can emerge before colonialist empires reach it (or the Timurid AI figures it might as well), it is going to be ripe for some conquering. It will most likely result in a stronger Timurid Empire in the long term. Do note that the "years of peace and stability" is the region's background, but even if I am generous with making people historical friends it will still turn into "India: Total War" the moment the game is unpaused, as I am not setting AI Aggression to Low in the settings, so who knows, maybe we'll get a local power from the thunderdome.

And yeah, I am certainly releasing the mod publically, and we will be voting for the new world as well. I am indeed leaving that one for last, since I shouldn't really bother modding it until the DLC is out.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 14, 2013

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
A

We have already had a game where India was literally Rome.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

Veryslightlymad posted:

A

Valid point, A.

Muskatnuss
Mar 17, 2013
C For maximum Rome.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

A. for a Native ruled India

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
A Voting for that because C just seems boring and B is not going to win so rather have A win.

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
A, so the non-abramatic faiths have a chance.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

ZearothK posted:

I am doing a rebalance of the units across tech groups, but Nomads still have the best units in the early game, which would certainly help the Timurids in the short-term. The result of the C option is more akin to making the region similar to Italy (hence the Renaissance): a lot of rich and produtive small states, which means that unless a local power can emerge before colonialist empires reach it (or the Timurid AI figures it might as well), it is going to be ripe for some conquering. It will most likely result in a stronger Timurid Empire in the long term. Do note that the "years of peace and stability" is the region's background, but even if I am generous with making people historical friends it will still turn into "India: Total War" the moment the game is unpaused, as I am not setting AI Aggression to Low in the settings, so who knows, maybe we'll get a local power from the thunderdome.

Changing my vote from C to A in response to this. I thought that C implied a greater and more peaceful union.

Veryslightlymad posted:

What game was this?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

A, for an independent India.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Changing my vote from C to A in response to this. I thought that C implied a greater and more peaceful union.

What game was this?

I think they're referencing the Hohenzollern game where the Byzantine Empire had a communist uprising and the surviving royalists retrated to India and and remade the Empire from there.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Changing my vote from C to A as well, misunderstood what C was!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
A: 32 (mcclay, Ofaloaf, MinistryofLard, Jimmy4400nav, PrinceRandom, Necroskowitz, Erwin the German, HrungTheGi, Magni, the JJ, Wyld Karde, Aeromancia, JGBeagle, Mr. Peepers, Alikchi, Drink Cheerwine, my dad, Bobbin Threadbare, RabidWeasel, WilliamAnderson, JT Jag, nweissmuller, Teverybest, tallboarLittlehand, Veryslightlymad, meatbag, Bguy32, Ramba Ral, Vander, Civilized Fishbot, Byzantine, Ovo)
B: 11 (catlord, LordGugs, Technowolf, Patter Song, Vaga42Bond, alcaras, sureaboutthatthing, Ethiser, Camoes, AJ_Impy, Hogge wild)
C: 29 (Sniper4625, NewMars, Dry Hump, Blackunknown, Defeatist Elitist, Reveilled, SirPhoebos, Thordain, Sky Shadowing, SeaTard, DivineCoffeeBinge, Captain Foo, Icecream Jane, ForeverBWFC, General Antares, sebzilla, Jeoh, Caustic Soda, Luhood, TheMcD, Fuligin, Hutter, mrit, Danny Glands, SIGSEGV, Stalingrad, Flesnolk, Muskatnuss)
D*: 2 (Serpentis, The Sandman)

• Locked thread