Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Allatum posted:

I'm getting an unknown command prompt for "hue" when I try that. Did they change any command names recently?

Make sure you put the files in the right places. Colorshift.txt goes in champions online/live, but commandaliases.txt goes in champions online/live/localdata.

I had that problem initially too, that fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Do YOU want to be as obnoxious looking as possible?

Then you want to follow Kelp Plankton's four step program for being a horrible goddamn eyesore!

Step 1: Buy the 'three slot' aura unlock on your character of choice. This actually unlocks all six locked slots, but we're only using the in-combat ones.

Step 2: Buy your four aura set of choice. I prefer the Krackle aura, but anything garish and obnoxious will work. Put all four of them in your Combat Aura slots.

Step 3: Use this 'Rainbow Powers' bind. This was designed to change the colors of your powers at 'random' whenever you use one, but it will also change the color of your auras.

Step 4: Fight things. Your auras will change colors constantly, as they activate and deactivate with every single attack you make- and they won't all do it at the same time! They'll inherit entirely random colors, all four of them different from one another, and all of them changing every time you attack. And sometimes during attacks, depending on the power.

Congratulations, you're a crazy rainbow laser lightshow rear end in a top hat

and sorry about the double post, but this was worth posting

Dammit, you're going to make me spend craptons of money to get rainbowy auras on this character:

Though I am glad to see that the way auras work, they don't necesarially stack. That way I don't have to worry about suddenly crashing when getting nearby someone with like 8 consecutive auras running at once......?

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I was dumb and had the .txt as part of the file name. :downs:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bluhman posted:

Dammit, you're going to make me spend craptons of money to get rainbowy auras on this character:

Though I am glad to see that the way auras work, they don't necesarially stack. That way I don't have to worry about suddenly crashing when getting nearby someone with like 8 consecutive auras running at once......?

They do stack, 4 non-combat and 4 in-combat, but you can't stack two of the same aura simultaneously. So you can't have Sparkle Aura and Sparkle Aura, but you can have Sparkle Aura/Krackle Aura/etc all together. Or Krackle Hands, Krackle Torso, Krackle Head, and Krackle Aura all at once to overlap the same effect multiple times (this is what I do with the rainbow bind, it looks crazy).

There are already 8-aura people running around ingame, I'm sure.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

It turns out that with even the crappiest super-PRE build, Celestial Conduit is overpoweringly strong healing in alerts. Like, just with heirloom gear, Aura of Primal Majesty and Compassion, I'm doing 900-1000 HP a tick. And with Illumination, I can do that to my entire party at once, almost perpetually. I was able to keep people alive while they were attacking into Cimitiere's block. Also, pubbies absolutely love anyone who keeps them from dying in an obvious way. :3:

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
I think they patched out the wacky rainbow powers bind. It wont work for me. :(

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I love how everyone is getting on the PRE-buffing bandwagon. :allears:

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Is there no healing that can be done with gun models? It all looks like it is mind-healing or hand-healing?

Would love to do something like the Medic from TF2.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cuchulain posted:

I think they patched out the wacky rainbow powers bind. It wont work for me. :(

Unfortunately my computer's processor flipped the gently caress out so I can't log in to confirm(it's getting looked at by people who know what they're doing before I replace something that expensive). Is there anyone else the bind worked for who can double-check this? Because if so, that sucks.

Though I imagine the reason they changed it is because they probably didn't intend for power-recoloring binds to also affect auras. There's a chance that, if it was changed, someone could figure out a new command to do the same thing maybe?

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

jerichojx posted:

Is there no healing that can be done with gun models? It all looks like it is mind-healing or hand-healing?

Would love to do something like the Medic from TF2.

I wish there was a healing gun, too. Doctor-based support builds do great at shielding and defense, but hell if you're going to find a reliable heal that doesn't involve mystical energies/the target getting hit.

I guess I'm just weird; I'm a guy who was originally quite into the PRE primary tree, but now after learning all the cool stuff others can do (INT's defense ignore, END's high health, STR's defense and super-powerful severity) it just seems a little too mellow for solo-based builds.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Unfortunately my computer's processor flipped the gently caress out so I can't log in to confirm(it's getting looked at by people who know what they're doing before I replace something that expensive). Is there anyone else the bind worked for who can double-check this? Because if so, that sucks.

Though I imagine the reason they changed it is because they probably didn't intend for power-recoloring binds to also affect auras. There's a chance that, if it was changed, someone could figure out a new command to do the same thing maybe?

Unless something was literally patched just this day, the binds should still change your aura color - considering that going into the power menu and setting all your powers to be the same color will also do it for your aura.

Bluhman fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 10, 2013

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Anyone here have a workaround for party binds not working in alerts apart from asking everyone to form a "real" team? I just wanna heal with a gamepad.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
So I have my power armor character up to 30 and I'm feeling a bit fragile. I have endurance as my PSS and dexterity/intelligence as my SSSes. I was thinking about dropping the intelligence for constitution instead but I'm not sure how much that would help. I can't run 3 toggles at once even with endurance and intelligence, but I don't know how much things change once you get to 40 and get level 40 equipment, any advice?

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Here's some questions

1) Are you using Wrist Bolter and Automated Assault? With that, you can run Mini Gun and Micro Munitions with little difficulty.

2) What passive are you using? I have on Colbert Invuln and by toggling Reconstruction Circuits with Micro Munitions, I can tank rather well even without threat advantages as the raw damage from Mini Gun, Micro Munitions and Plasma Beam is absolutely spectacular.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The patch tomorrow changes it so you can stack multiples of the same aura, even in different colors. Rainbow bind still seems to work on the test server from what I'm told, so this just makes it possible to be even more of an eyesore. I'm going to be spending a lot of zen on Krackle Aura packs, I guess.

Also seems to bring a new Victorian costume pack with it? The dress from it is huge, I can't imagine what the kicking animations look like with geometry that big.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

jerichojx posted:

1) Are you using Wrist Bolter and Automated Assault? With that, you can run Mini Gun and Micro Munitions with little difficulty.

Also Kickback from the END tree. You need Kickback to make Automated Assault work well.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So I have my power armor character up to 30 and I'm feeling a bit fragile. I have endurance as my PSS and dexterity/intelligence as my SSSes. I was thinking about dropping the intelligence for constitution instead but I'm not sure how much that would help. I can't run 3 toggles at once even with endurance and intelligence, but I don't know how much things change once you get to 40 and get level 40 equipment, any advice?

In every instance I've used it as a secondary, Con's made a huge difference. Decently statted Con is going to give you around 40% more health to work with. Something like that is the difference between an unblocked charge attack being a minor setback and a life ender.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

jerichojx posted:

Here's some questions

2) What passive are you using? I have on Colbert Invuln and by toggling Reconstruction Circuits with Micro Munitions, I can tank rather well even without threat advantages as the raw damage from Mini Gun, Micro Munitions and Plasma Beam is absolutely spectacular.

1. No, I do have kickback but I'm looking to run three toggles at the same time if that is possible, so wrist bolter seems to be right out, not to mention I hate it's animation/feel. I'm just not sure if it's even possible to run three toggles at once, right now I can run concussor beams and micro-munitions while only using the energy builder occasionally.

2. Targeting Computer, this is a damage dealing character, not a tank.

I'm just not sure if it's viable to spread out a bit with stats with level 40 equipment. Can you get away with some extra constitution/ego with the extra mod slots level 40 equipment has or do you need to focus all of those slots on your primary/secondary super stats?

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

You can definitely get away with level 40 equipment focusing a bit on other stats.

Personally, I'd actually drop Dex from your current End/Dex/Int set. You're really not getting everything you can out of the Dex stat if it's not a primary. Inversely, it's really easy to boost your critical chances to high enough without dex, especially given you're using Targeting Computer (already +5% chance after you lock on) and the fact that top-tier gear can be specifically engineered to boost your severity and chance. Keeping INT, meanwhile, is going to maintain more of your energy efficiency and provide more of a damage boost through Concentration.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

The patch tomorrow changes it so you can stack multiples of the same aura, even in different colors. Rainbow bind still seems to work on the test server from what I'm told, so this just makes it possible to be even more of an eyesore. I'm going to be spending a lot of zen on Krackle Aura packs, I guess.

Also seems to bring a new Victorian costume pack with it? The dress from it is huge, I can't imagine what the kicking animations look like with geometry that big.

Costume set doesn't look to have gone live, unless it's not in the Z-Store.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

1. No, I do have kickback but I'm looking to run three toggles at the same time if that is possible, so wrist bolter seems to be right out, not to mention I hate it's animation/feel. I'm just not sure if it's even possible to run three toggles at once, right now I can run concussor beams and micro-munitions while only using the energy builder occasionally.

Automated Assault makes Wrist Bolter into a handslot toggle, which makes it (with Kickback) build energy while firing your actual weapons. It means your handslot rarely gets to do anything cool, but whatever, you can just rank up Wrist Bolter and never ever stop shooting.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

LordSaturn posted:

Automated Assault makes Wrist Bolter into a handslot toggle, which makes it (with Kickback) build energy while firing your actual weapons. It means your handslot rarely gets to do anything cool, but whatever, you can just rank up Wrist Bolter and never ever stop shooting.

This. My PA dps guy runs three toggles with two sets of pets out and never dps below 90% energy unless I stop wrist bolsters for something.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
So I left right before the Major item overhaul and minor stat introduction.

Anything really new that I just HAVE to see?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That is indeed a big skirt.

(Those white shoulders are part of the blouse underneath. They clip through the jacket.)

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 13, 2013

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Is Automated Assault on Wrist Bolter bugged? I was under the impression that you were not able to generate energy while maintaining toggles but lo and behold it does.

I found so many bugs in this game. Like how One Hundred Hands does not proc Overdrive when it is a maintain.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

jerichojx posted:

Is Automated Assault on Wrist Bolter bugged? I was under the impression that you were not able to generate energy while maintaining toggles but lo and behold it does.

I found so many bugs in this game. Like how One Hundred Hands does not proc Overdrive when it is a maintain.

It doesn't. But kickback still does.

James_Bonnell
Sep 20, 2013
Yeah, some folks seem to not like Automated Assault + Kickback - but on my PA guy, END primary, huge end pool... Micro Munitions + Minigun, with spamming of charge hand slot... works really well.

Get low - turn on Wrist Bolters, keep on with micro munitions + minigun, never actually STOP attacking (sure, sure, wrist bolters is lower dps.... which matters how much in almost anything except the Forum Malvanum's duraclad round really?).

But it's subjectively not for very long, and then I'm back to full and can charge-spam again for a good while. Moreso when I am spec'd in Avenger Mastery.

Heck, I lose more DPS in Ranged mode when I have to block/heal (cancel toggles, hit heal, restart toggles). BUT my damage is higher when everything is on. And that's only in harder stuff like Gravitar mostly anyway - a geared out 40 should have NO trouble with mobs in unity missions in my experience.

OTOH - he used to be Int primary, with overdrive (which actually goes off REC anyway), and Circle of Arcane Power prior to 40. It was HARD to run out of energy then. Might have to try that again, the defense penetration was pretty spiffy.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

jerichojx posted:

To be totally clear, the Kickback thing is this:

Kickback sets up a buff that pops itself for energy. The buff procs when you hit with your energy builder, and pops when you hit something else. Automated Assault means that you're hitting with your EB on a regular basis, so Kickback keeps setting off the buff - but you're also hitting with your other powers, so it keeps going off, too.

It's not a bug, just a secret way to make Automated Assault good.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Wow, thanks for the explanation.
I did not realise that it wasn't the EB that was proccing the energy but it was a buff that procs off of other attacks.

As mentioned, I am really impressed by PA's damage potential even in Hybrid Mode with Invuln. There is a huge difference when I go full blast with Mini, Micro and Plasma Beam.

The boss's HP just melts.

In true Colbert fashion, the relentless assault of the World's Most Famous Catholic withers even the most stoic supervillain!

jerichojx fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 13, 2013

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
any indication when we're getting more auras? Not a fan of the ones they released, really. Hopefully the ice effect from ice form, fire from fire form, and the glowy from ego form shows up soon. :ohdear:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Do you mean on the C-store? You can already buy all the old auras for 80kQ each.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

There's a fire set and an electrical set for auras on the test server, presumably those will go live before too long. I'm sure they'll keep adding more as time goes on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LordSaturn posted:

Do you mean on the C-store? You can already buy all the old auras for 80kQ each.

With one free per character.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Kelp Plankton posted:

There's a fire set and an electrical set for auras on the test server, presumably those will go live before too long. I'm sure they'll keep adding more as time goes on.

If only they'd add actual content at the same pace they're adding just about everything else lately...

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Sure, if there was money in it.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
I dunno, given the game's free now they probably could get away with it. Especially if it was a 'free to subscribers, paid for everyone else' deal. Which it never would be with PWE in charge but still, I can dream.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
The backlash when they hinted that they'd release Vibora as a paid expansion probably shot that notion down pretty heavily. In retrospect it probably wouldn't have been a bad 5 or maybe even 15 dollars if they had included just a bit more, maybe thrown in some costume parts with the package.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

The highpoints for running vibora included:

1. Running the Apocalypse for the first time
2. Being a cool location with a nice, darker atmosphere
3. Therakiel's Temple, and its bosses being fairly well designed

Running the apocalypse repeatedly becomes a chore, especially when you have multiple other characters, and the sequence of Vibora missions to unlock Therakiel's Temple (and also Unity 2) involves a bunch of grindy and/or buggy missions.

It was a big addon, but it probably was the right move to not charge money for it - people probably would've been incredibly angry if they had paid money for this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

General Maximus posted:

If only they'd add actual content at the same pace they're adding just about everything else lately...

They've added like 2 things in a month.

And while that would still be a huge improvement for content, the game is basically in holding now.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Bluhman posted:

The highpoints for running vibora included:

1. Running the Apocalypse for the first time
2. Being a cool location with a nice, darker atmosphere
3. Therakiel's Temple, and its bosses being fairly well designed

Running the apocalypse repeatedly becomes a chore, especially when you have multiple other characters, and the sequence of Vibora missions to unlock Therakiel's Temple (and also Unity 2) involves a bunch of grindy and/or buggy missions.

It was a big addon, but it probably was the right move to not charge money for it - people probably would've been incredibly angry if they had paid money for this.

True, but they did have the adventure packs be paid things for free players for a while. Also I hardly bother with Vibora on my alts because of the Apocalypse. It was okay the first time but the fact that it can't be skipped is a huge pain after about third or so time. I think I stopped bothering after four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, but Vibora came out before the adventure packs were a thing.

A good part of the backlash was that Champs was even more content starved (if that was even possible- I mean, look at the game NOW :v:) at that point and here was some much needed content the and we had to pay for it?

It was a really dumb move on Cryptic's part- of course most likely forced by Atari. But still, really dumb.