Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

YellerBill posted:

Has the Jackal been really really buggy for anyone else lately? It doesn't move for me, just glides around the arena (and sometimes doesn't fall down when you shoot out one or more legs) and then apparently every time I fight it my HUD freezes because I got from full health/shields to REVIVE? in literally an instant, nothing in between, nothing to tell me that I've been downed and am bleeding out despite me still shooting the Jackal with my primary.

Yes Jackal is buggy for me too a lot.

Crowbear, thanks for Rollin with me. I'm learning. Lots of fun. Yes I had Streamline. Yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Hotfix 11.3.3

Changes:

- First steps of cleaning up Invasion Progress bars: amalgamate outbreaks into 1 progress bar per region affected, show tooltip listing all affected nodes when hovering over label.
- Rollback much of minimap changes – back to clear and minimalist!
- Reduced bleed proc/Status chance on Grineer Butchers.
- You can now use mouse "Thumb 1" button to navigate backwards in UI (simulates pressing ESC).
- Changes to Penta aiming reticule – firing trajectory should better align with reticule.

Fixes:

- Fixed armor resistances stacking onto health - armor resists are applied the armor value instead. Tone down infested resistances a bit.
- Fixed in-game stats for weapons that fire continuously (Flux, Synapse etc). Made fire-rate mods actually increase damage output and ammo consumption rate for these weapons (not only is this intuitively what you would expect it's important to maintain the balance for corrupted mods like Critical Delay).
- Fixed incorrect chat timezone timestamps appearing for some users.
- Fixed Infested Defense missions running as 15-wave countdown instead of normal defense flow.
- Fixed enemies spawning and dropping to the floor (spawn point too high).
- Fixed the Operations list popping back to the first element when it resyncs, but the scroll still being in the same position.
- Fixed the Operations list occasionally being redraw at an incorrect offset (it would be too high up, would intersect with the Operations title) when it resyncs.
- Fixed missing Lotus DSP lines for Orokin Assassinate mission.
- Fixed the tint-ablity of the white section of the Dakra Prime.
- Fixed floating helmets when killing Corpus enemies in Orokin Void.
- Text corrections for Orokin Cells, Dread, Despair & Hate .
---------

I guess they removed resistances from armored enemies because enemy armor is the best resistance in the game?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Aw, I really liked the new minimap look.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
So we've got a zerk, a necro, and a pally. The gently caress is this. Stop making Diablo warframes and make your dozen other warframes balanced and useable

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Aw, I really liked the new minimap look.

The only problem with it was red enemy dots blending in on the edges of hostile rooms. It was so much clearer otherwise though, I'll miss it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone know why my Sentinel disappeared mid-match? Was that just a glitch? (I also couldn't swing my sword...)

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Feenix posted:

Anyone know why my Sentinel disappeared mid-match? Was that just a glitch? (I also couldn't swing my sword...)

Sentinels can take damage and die (particularly from explosions), and there's a longtime glitch where getting knocked down sometimes disables melee for a few minutes.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Feenix posted:

I don't know but I've definitely noticed my sentinel missing multiple times. One time had to run a whole mission without it, which sucked. That or it just stops sucking things up for a bit, which is noticeable with the Carrier.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

sleeptalker posted:

Sentinels can take damage and die (particularly from explosions), and there's a longtime glitch where getting knocked down sometimes disables melee for a few minutes.

Ah, thank you (and you Clocks)

What would be the easiest/soonest place to get an Orokin Cell? I'm gonna need 2.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Feenix posted:

The best way to solve this is to get knocked down again, I've been able to reproduce this bug by casting a spell while a heavy grineer is doing their stomp, you dodge the stun but are unable to melee until you are knocked down again.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
I was kinda hoping the Paladin frame was an upgrade of the Stalker from darkSector.

Is it me, or does the new HUD teased in the Livestream look way too... I don't know how to put it, too modern? It reminds me of something from Planetside/Battlefield, and I feel like a giant grognard for saying this.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Clocks posted:

That or it just stops sucking things up for a bit, which is noticeable with the Carrier.

Yeah, Carrier's well-known for getting lazy. I haven't been able to figure out what makes him fall asleep on the job, or what snaps him out of it. Has anyone else figured that out or heard anything about it?

JackMackerel posted:

I was kinda hoping the Paladin frame was an upgrade of the Stalker from darkSector.

Is it me, or does the new HUD teased in the Livestream look way too... I don't know how to put it, too modern? It reminds me of something from Planetside/Battlefield, and I feel like a giant grognard for saying this.

No, I feel you on the HUD, too. I can't say about those two games since I haven't played them, but yeah, it feels too... I dunno, clean? Sterile? I would like something a little more organic, I think. Or maybe just a different font.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

On volt I only have 1 mod slot to improve movement, whats going to give me the most bang for my buck sprint speed, max stamina, stamina regen, or power duration to boost the superspeed power?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

madpanda posted:

On volt I only have 1 mod slot to improve movement, whats going to give me the most bang for my buck sprint speed, max stamina, stamina regen, or power duration to boost the superspeed power?

You might be misunderstanding, the mod polarity just means if you match it you get half off the mod price, if you don't you pay 150% the mod price. You can still fit whatever mods you want wherever. Of course if you mean you have all the mods you definitely want and only one left to fit something in, sprint speed is the way to go.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

JackMackerel posted:

I was hoping for the other Warframe-like that appears in darkSector, but apparently Nyx' helmet is already based on that. It would be cool if Nyx were anything like Nemesis; useless melee weapon boost ability, but a super shield power and maybe something involving throwing normal melee weapons.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
There were only two 'warframes' in Dark Sector and they look vaguely like Excalibur and Nyx. There was a Stalker, Jackal, and a guy that looked like an Grineer, but nothing like any of the other warframes.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Whoops, I keep loving up 'Nemesis' with 'Stalker'.

Nemesis looks more like an armored knight and more fitting as a paladin, really.

If anyone wants a laugh, go look at the melee concept submissions and chortle at all the ripoffs of anime poo poo when the devs specifically say ORIGNAL artwork.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

hooah posted:

No, I feel you on the HUD, too. I can't say about those two games since I haven't played them, but yeah, it feels too... I dunno, clean? Sterile? I would like something a little more organic, I think. Or maybe just a different font.

Just having the goddamn energy bar and powers in the centre of the screen would be a godsend. That new UI can look like whatever the hell it wants, but it needs to be in the game yesterday.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kessel posted:

Just having the goddamn energy bar and powers in the centre of the screen would be a godsend. That new UI can look like whatever the hell it wants, but it needs to be in the game yesterday.

Seriously...
They could font the UI in Comic Sans and I wouldn't mind, as long as it got more user friendly.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Christ, everything with parkour and physics is hosed on the PS4 since the patch. You can endlessly run up walls. Backflipping doesn't seem to work unless you use hold to wallrun. You can do some weird stuff with sprint to superspeed faster than sprint everywhere forever. And you now blackflip out of a horizontal wallrun frequently. I won't even go into the weird poo poo happening with ability physics either. Just all so hosed right now.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lawlicaust posted:

Christ, everything with parkour and physics is hosed on the PS4 since the patch. You can endlessly run up walls. Backflipping doesn't seem to work unless you use hold to wallrun. You can do some weird stuff with sprint to superspeed faster than sprint everywhere forever. And you now blackflip out of a horizontal wallrun frequently. I won't even go into the weird poo poo happening with ability physics either. Just all so hosed right now.

It's pretty hosed up on PC, too. There's a room type I dread where there's these three progressively taller pillars you have to climb up and half the time the game glitches and launches me across the room. I basically dread any sort of parkour-based room because it either glitches out or wallrun doesn't work half the time.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm trying to farm some morphics against the boss on Mercury. He's suddenly gotten super hard against me. What the hell :(

Edit: just beat him and he didn't drop any :argh:

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 14, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It's pretty hosed up on PC, too. There's a room type I dread where there's these three progressively taller pillars you have to climb up and half the time the game glitches and launches me across the room. I basically dread any sort of parkour-based room because it either glitches out or wallrun doesn't work half the time.

It worked perfectly fine in the previous patch too. No idea why or what they did to break it so completely. To be clear though what we're seeing on PS4 is gravity reversing and us sliding up walls instead of down them.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I don't know if it's my connection or the game being buggy or what but here lately the framerate has just been shitastic on PS4. I assume it's a bit of both, wasn't nearly as bad prior to U11, and it's weird cause I'll have like intermittent moments where it's fine, and also just whole rounds where it's okay.

I feel sorta bad cause I got in on that alert earlier that had Orkin Cells as a reward and my framerate was like 5. I also joined in to a match that was basically over, it was infected mobile defense, and I was running around as fast as I could like a chicken with its head cut off shooting at whatever, maybe hitting things, I dunno. I make it to a door that needs two people to open and have to run around with a giant group of infected right there waiting for someone. A few minutes later, a guy in a Rhino warframe comes along and kills most of the enemies, I sort of help, maybe, and we get out and end up having to wait for like a minute or two for the others. I think I killed 11 things in the end, and I received 2 Orkin Cells and an Orkin Reactor blueprint, along with some other poo poo I can't remember.

Also not even sure if that was happening on a node I have unlocked, or if alerts just don't give a gently caress about that.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Brightman posted:

I don't know if it's my connection or the game being buggy or what but here lately the framerate has just been shitastic on PS4. I assume it's a bit of both, wasn't nearly as bad prior to U11, and it's weird cause I'll have like intermittent moments where it's fine, and also just whole rounds where it's okay.

I feel sorta bad cause I got in on that alert earlier that had Orkin Cells as a reward and my framerate was like 5. I also joined in to a match that was basically over, it was infected mobile defense, and I was running around as fast as I could like a chicken with its head cut off shooting at whatever, maybe hitting things, I dunno. I make it to a door that needs two people to open and have to run around with a giant group of infected right there waiting for someone. A few minutes later, a guy in a Rhino warframe comes along and kills most of the enemies, I sort of help, maybe, and we get out and end up having to wait for like a minute or two for the others. I think I killed 11 things in the end, and I received 2 Orkin Cells and an Orkin Reactor blueprint, along with some other poo poo I can't remember.

Also not even sure if that was happening on a node I have unlocked, or if alerts just don't give a gently caress about that.

U11 definitely broke frame rate really badly. It could be bad before after 30 minutes on survival (especially with Nekros) but it's much worse now. We think it has something to do with the physics/effects being broken as well because if you bring a physics heavy warframe in (Vauban especially), your framerate drops to poo poo within 5 minutes and people start crashing.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

JackMackerel posted:

Whoops, I keep loving up 'Nemesis' with 'Stalker'.

Nemesis looks more like an armored knight and more fitting as a paladin, really.

If anyone wants a laugh, go look at the melee concept submissions and chortle at all the ripoffs of anime poo poo when the devs specifically say ORIGNAL artwork.

That first submission is incredible.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Hey, if you ever find yourself feeling unsure about DE's development chops, just remember, it could be much much worse.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How do I use the keys to the tower thingies I earned?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Feenix posted:

How do I use the keys to the tower thingies I earned?

Up in the top right is an icon on the main bar that looks like a key sorta. Go in there, click on one, it'll set up the lobby that you can invite people to. Just make sure to always invite me (if you play PC).

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any high levels on PS4 up right now want to help me get Neural Sensors or Orokin Cells? :)

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I just failed the rank 8 test :saddowns:

Any tips? Other than to not be bad at shooting stuff while wall-running.

Feenix posted:

Any high levels on PS4 up right now want to help me get Neural Sensors or Orokin Cells? :)

I'm logging off right now but I'll be around a bunch tomorrow if you still need that stuff.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Crowbear posted:

I'm logging off right now but I'll be around a bunch tomorrow if you still need that stuff.

Cool. Yeah, sounds good. :)

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Crowbear posted:

Bring a weapon with a high fire rate and decent accuracy, and stack max stamina mods on whatever frame you take. Also take it slowly on the slopes that go up and down.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Crowbear posted:

You can actually be too fast on this. If you're using a fast frame or have a high level Rush mod equipped, take it off.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Also, if you're using a control pad, just don't for this test. I had to switch to a keyboard and mouse myself just to make it at all doable, and I actually prefer the control pad for general control of the game. Just not precision parkour that needs you to aim and shoot on the fly.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Ah, I actually liked the new minimap. Shame. Hopefully they'll put it back in with 11.5 once they make it a tad more transparent round the edges.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Can I have an invite to the PS4 clan?
psn: impendinglawsuit

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Denzine posted:

Hotfix 11.3.3

Changes:
- Rollback much of minimap changes – back to clear and minimalist!

Why would you remove the best part of the new patch, DE?

edit: VV That makes some sense. VV

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 14, 2013

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Wales Grey posted:

Why would you remove the best part of the new patch, DE?
The fade-in of unexplored areas is still there, they just nixed the new art style on it. It looked like it'd fit better with the concept of the new HUD they showed off during the live stream, which makes me think it'll be come back with that after some refinement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

madpanda posted:

Power duration, definitely. It will also help Electric Shield.