Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Fyrbrand posted:

Apparently Episode 2 of the PP podcast, they talk about new Jacks of Renown? Looking forward to listening.

They also mentioned that iron gauntlet may change quite a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

A new Backer Update is available for the WMH vidja game KS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_cjWGah2Cw

e: 2:30 is the gooniest brony holy poo poo :ughh:

S.J. fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 13, 2013

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Why would you wear a brony shirt to your workplace. Who are these people.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I watched this earlier today, didn't notice the shirt the first time :suicide:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I want to pick up those plastic Trenchers :( Maybe I can put them next to my Stormblades :v:

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Putting together my Woldwrath and the entire pelvis is gigantic eggshell thin resin air bubble. I can see right through it if I hold it up to a light source. Left shoulder already has cracks in the log, and when I tap it, it sounds super thin, and the half circle of runes above the log are actually a flap of resin that pushes in.

I think I can maybe save the shoulder if I can figure out a way to inject something that won't expand when it dries. The pelvis is a horror show, I tried to fill it with water to find the leaks and it was like a sieve.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

Cyclomatic posted:

Putting together my Woldwrath and the entire pelvis is gigantic eggshell thin resin air bubble. I can see right through it if I hold it up to a light source. Left shoulder already has cracks in the log, and when I tap it, it sounds super thin, and the half circle of runes above the log are actually a flap of resin that pushes in.

I think I can maybe save the shoulder if I can figure out a way to inject something that won't expand when it dries. The pelvis is a horror show, I tried to fill it with water to find the leaks and it was like a sieve.

If it is that bad ask for replacement parts, from what I understand PP is very good about the gargs/colossals having bad casts and parts in general. Just snap some photos of it and send a request to parts replacement mispack.privateerpress.com I wouldn't bother trying to repair it as long as you don't mind waiting.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Agreed, their replacement team is top notch.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Oh my God I just got introduced to the copyright notices in the Warmachine books :stare:

This is amazing.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

S.J. posted:

Oh my God I just got introduced to the copyright notices in the Warmachine books :stare:

This is amazing.

Huh?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Open your books to the table of contents, the copyright notices and information should be right below that or near it. Then read the last few sentences of that block of text. It's magical :allears:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gay Polymers posted:

Agreed, their replacement team is top notch.

Thirding this; I got the WM two-player battle box, and one of the Khador jacks had two right legs instead of one right and one left. I took a pic and asked for a replacement left leg via their website's "replacement parts" section so I could finish building the jack.

When the replacement package arrived a few days later, it had two left legs in it. So not only was I able to finish putting together my jack, but I have an extra pair of legs to boot. :v:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

S.J. posted:

Open your books to the table of contents, the copyright notices and information should be right below that or near it. Then read the last few sentences of that block of text. It's magical :allears:

I'm looking at the one from In Thunder Forged (page before the dedication) and I'm not seeing anything unusual? :confused:

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Pyrolocutus posted:

I'm looking at the one from In Thunder Forged (page before the dedication) and I'm not seeing anything unusual? :confused:

He means in the army books, they're amazing. I like the cygnar one the most.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
"Wracks? Cleansing Fire? Being chained to a warjack? There is no end of terrible from this book awaiting those who steal our stuff. Don't do it."

E: "Steal our material and we'll tell Karchev you failed him. He's not a guy you want to disappoint."

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I had never noticed that.

The Convergence one is pretty darned good as well!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Elblanco posted:

He means in the army books, they're amazing. I like the cygnar one the most.

A-ha, now I see!

Cygnar: "You remember that whole deal where Stryker put a bunch of Menites on a barge and floated them to a prison? Well, he's got a second barge for folks who violate our copyrights. You don't want to know where that second barge goes."

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Love them, what are the others?

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Circle: "Use our copyrighted material without permission and you might find yourself becoming Wurmwood's next human sock puppet."

I swear I'm getting back into this game soon.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
They have them for each of the expansions too. Wrath/Domination/etc.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

S.J. posted:

This is amazing.

I just opened up my Trollbloods rulebook and found what you were referring to. That was a good find.

EDIT: Trollbloods. "It would be unwise to steal our copyrighted material. Full-blood trolls can regenerate mutilated limbs, shattered bones, and lacerated organs. Copyright violators cannot. They don't even get a Tough roll."

Peroxide Cowboy fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 14, 2013

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Raised $1,188 at Foodmachine today, plus decent pile of food. Feels good man. Especially since we best our 40k and Fsntasy event from last week. :hellyeah:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Woot! Great to hear! It's always good to know when we turn our hobby into helping those that need help.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Raised $1,188 at Foodmachine today, plus decent pile of food. Feels good man. Especially since we best our 40k and Fsntasy event from last week. :hellyeah:

gently caress yessss, Foodmachine owns hard. Congrats man.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

We had our Foodmachine today as well, and even with a startling number of people having to cancel and only having 6 people present, we still got over 120 cans of food to donate.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Another club member did a video during food machine today- http://youtu.be/HXoafCJFcAI

Everyone should watch for my sweet trophies that I am super proud of!

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Crosspost from the painting thread:

I decided to unpack everything I painted this year and take a shot. Everything you see, including the terrain and table, was made this year - my first Warmachine miniatures arrived in the end of january, and I've been busy since then painting up 124 points of models and 4 warcasters.

The picture quality is too bad to make out much of anything, but I wanted to see it all on the table for once :P

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Gratz on the foodmachine. We did one as well and raised a little over $300. Which was good considering the weather up here and the fact that 4 guuys showed up not realizing it was a foodmachine event and basically played while donating everything they had in their pockets.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Another club member did a video during food machine today- http://youtu.be/HXoafCJFcAI

Everyone should watch for my sweet trophies that I am super proud of!

Grats on raising even more money this weekend. GS is a really good place and probably has the best community of gamers I have ever met, I really want to make an effort to get up there more next year. I saw at least one goon hoodie in there too!

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Khorne Flakes posted:

Grats on raising even more money this weekend. GS is a really good place and probably has the best community of gamers I have ever met, I really want to make an effort to get up there more next year. I saw at least one goon hoodie in there too!

The goon hoodie was Geneguard. I was wearing the maroon Skorne tshirt

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Can someone write some words about Circle and Trolls? I've not played WarmaHordes in about 6 months and I kind of want to get back into it.

Used to play Cryx & Legion, and I was just starting Cyriss. Half of my Cyriss is back in my old home town though, and my Cryx and Legion are mostly falling apart. Want something new that I can take my time with and really put effort into them not falling apart.

Also considering Gators. Have newer releases made them any more viable?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
So me and two friends decided we wanted to try warmachine. They got the battlegroups for Cygnar and Khador while I went for Cyriss because how could I not choose clockwork robots. Unfortunately I have no real idea what I'm doing, I just picked the army based off the aesthetic so I don't know what my strengths and weaknesses are. Any advice on how to not get stomped when we play?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

ActionZero posted:

So me and two friends decided we wanted to try warmachine. They got the battlegroups for Cygnar and Khador while I went for Cyriss because how could I not choose clockwork robots. Unfortunately I have no real idea what I'm doing, I just picked the army based off the aesthetic so I don't know what my strengths and weaknesses are. Any advice on how to not get stomped when we play?

You will get stomped. Love the stomping, learn to embrace the stomping, then out stomp the stompers

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

ActionZero posted:

Keep in mind your induction waterfall at all times. This is the biggest advantage Cyriss has. Your jacks are super efficient. And the released heavies are some tough cookies.

Playing the battlebox, I like to put up hot shot and synergy on turn one, move up a bit and start havin the Cipher lay down rough terrain AOEs. The next turn, if charges are still too far out, put some hot shotted POW 6's into their guys.

If you can charge and feel you can do some good damage, activate Syntherion, put reconstruct on the Cipher, and pop your feat. Have the mitigator shoot a boosted shot at your target an hopefully get the knock down. Trickle focus to galvanizer. Have galvanizer charge for free and boost some damage or buy a second attack, whichever seems better. Trickle focus to Cipher. Have Cipher charge in and do 5 POW 19 attacks and shoot some poo poo too.

All that above is only having 3 focus on the your jacks.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Can I use the Shifting Stones to teleport a Warpwolf Stalker behind enemy lines, then use Lightning Strike to retreat it?

Lightning Strike lets a model make a full advance after it kills something, at the end of its activation

edit; Alright, read through all of the books. Looks like I want to run eKaya and some wolves and druids probably. Anyone able to point out what to stay away / any must-have's in the faction?

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 16, 2013

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Can I use the Shifting Stones to teleport a Warpwolf Stalker behind enemy lines, then use Lightning Strike to retreat it?

Lightning Strike lets a model make a full advance after it kills something, at the end of its activation

Totally can. The best part is having a second unit of shifting stones waiting for it to sprint into, and then teleport it completely to the other flank.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Sab669 posted:

edit; Alright, read through all of the books. Looks like I want to run eKaya and some wolves and druids probably. Anyone able to point out what to stay away / any must-have's in the faction?

Are you looking into the eKaya tier? 'Cause that's a pretty amazing tier, and can let you destroy a whole lot of opponents out there.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I prefer her out of tier but yeah, it is a legit tier list if you're so inclined.

Ysera
Feb 19, 2012

Playing and painting poorly.

Sab669 posted:

First question: Yes.
Second question: I personally love eKaya, if you like the idea of her tier, which is fairly fun, in my opinion, you need a unit of Skinwalkers, living beasts, and a unit of Druids if you're going for tier 4. Otherwise, I like to build her with lots of beasts and animus options.

My top beasts for how I play circle in general: Stalker, Ghetorix, Gorax.
Favorite units: Bloodtrackers > Shifting Stones > Druids > Skinwalkers.
Solos I enjoy: Gallows Grove, Blackclad Wayfarer > Druid Wilder

If I were to collect Circle again the models I would buy first would be: Kromac, eKaya, eKrueger, Warpwolf Kit, Warpwolf kit, Ghetorix upgrade, Gorax, Bloodtrackers + Nuala, 2 x Shifting Stones + Stone Keeper, Gallows Groves, Blackclad Wayfarer.

Also, from my past experience, I'd stay away from the Tharn Wolfriders. They are a fun unit and I keep trying to make them work, but they just suffer for what they really want to do. They want to assault a guy, bite and stab another two guys then light cavalry move away. But they are large bases with .5 inch melee ranges. Which doesn't lend itself too well to killing 3 guys. Also, perhaps the Reeves of Orboros. Not to say they they are garbage, they are fairly good, but they are expensive and fair. The Bloodtrackers fill a similar role, however the trackers are cheaper and have more defenses. The Reeves do, however, have combined ranged attack, which is very nice in certain situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StErN
Jul 19, 2004
Thoughts on the list below as a starting point for 35pt, just friendly play with friends. Building off the battle box and wanting to play pMakeda

Faction: Skorne
Casters: 1/1
Archdomina Makeda (*5pts)
* Cyclops Savage (5pts)
* Molik Karn (11pts)
* Titan Gladiator (8pts)
Cataphract Arcuarii (Leader and 5 Grunts) (9pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
Agonizer (2pts)
Mortitheurge Willbreaker (2pts)

I'm really not sure about the Arcuarii units, thoughts?

• Locked thread