Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firestarter
Nov 3, 2002

Cliff Yablonski hates me!
Having fun with this. Will take an invite on Skira if available.

I seem to have pieced together gear to get me to 424 Hit so I guess I'm technically allowed to start doing T1 raiding but I've really got no idea what's going on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Firestarter posted:

Having fun with this. Will take an invite on Skira if available.

I seem to have pieced together gear to get me to 424 Hit so I guess I'm technically allowed to start doing T1 raiding but I've really got no idea what's going on!

We often take new people through some FT and EE so if you have the hit and various useful specs I'm sure we drag you along with some vague directions.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2013/12/13/fae-yule-grab-bag-changes-and-a-budgie-mount/

Fae Yule bags going to drop in the world and also be tradable... Also check out that fukkin bird mount.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Goon Squad Raid Schedule
-All raids reset on Wednesdays around noon server time
-We aren't a hardcore raiding guild, we just enjoy raiding
-This list is only for those who get confused about when we raid
-If you're close to the hit requirement, tell us and we'll help bump you up
-We use Suicide Kings loot system:
--https://tinyurl.com/GoonSK
--If you want a piece of gear, you x when it's called and if you're higher on the list you get it.
--After you get the loot, you're dropped to the bottom of the list
--If no one wants loot it gets sharded

Wednesday - 20 man Farm Night
Start time: 6:00pm PST, 9:00pm EST

On Wednesdays, we do our best to bring a mix of new raiders and a general backing of people who have cleared these fights multiple times. Most nights, we will sit a few people due to the amount of people showing up so it's necessary that you show up in mumble before the raid starts if you want to get in. Our goal for Wednesdays is to fully clear Frozen Tempest and kill up to Goloch in Endless Eclipse (4/5).

Duration: Wednesdays normally go for a full three hours, but can be cut short for emergency or if we just can't kill a boss after a ludicrous amount of attempts.

Thursday - 10 man core

On Thursdays, our core raiders attempt a full clear of the Tier 2 raid Grim Awakening. We don't currently have a second raiding team to tackle this raid. If you want to lead/participate we can help set this up so just mention it to someone. Please keep in mind that you will need 520 hit to participate in this raid.

Duration: Two hours max

Sunday - 10 man core

We raid on Sundays only if everyone from the team is available and if we didn't finish the raid on Thursday.

Duration: Dependent on Thursday raid.

Monday - 20 man Progression

For Mondays we do our 20 man progression. Normally, if we didn't kill Regulos on Wednesday, we'll take care of him. Afterwards, if we have enough people geared, we will attempt to do one of the Tier 2 20-man raids, either Planebreaker Bastion or Infinity Gate. These raids require at least 520 hit.

Duration: Dependent. If we have the raiders for Tier 2 raiding, it will be longer. Max three hours.

Tuesday - 10 man core

We raid on Tuesdays only if everyone from the team is available and if we didn't finish the raid on Thursday or Sunday.

Duration: Dependent on Thursday and Sunday raid.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
You should let me know if you want to try to set up a second group (of people who have the gear requirement and have some understanding of the fights) for GA or something. I'm always glad to help people get through GA and sometimes I don't get locked to it!

Good luck getting tanks though.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Zoness posted:

You should let me know if you want to try to set up a second group (of people who have the gear requirement and have some understanding of the fights) for GA or something. I'm always glad to help people get through GA and sometimes I don't get locked to it!

Good luck getting tanks though.

gently caress it, I'm going to try to set up a second GA group. Email Stumblywumbly in game if you have over 500 hit, let me know your class and if you can tank/heal, and what days will be good for you. I think we can get the first 2 bosses down without too much pain.

Folks should know that GA is tough. On the first boss, if you get called out and don't run away you will literally wipe the raid.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

StumblyWumbly posted:

Folks should know that GA is tough. On the first boss, if you get called out and don't run away you will literally wipe the raid.

That's the easy one though, you have like 12 seconds to move. Glare doesn't wipe the raid but you miss out on a HUGE dps buff and it makes the stone droppers job aannoying. And you have less than 6 seconds to move for that one.

edit: wait until Kyzan. That was a fun fight before we all "got it".

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

necrotic posted:

That's the easy one though, you have like 12 seconds to move. Glare doesn't wipe the raid but you miss out on a HUGE dps buff and it makes the stone droppers job aannoying. And you have less than 6 seconds to move for that one.

Missed Glare makes tanking kaliban a nightmare of 80k powerful blows once you're at 7 stacks or so. Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Kyzan was awful when inquisitor couldn't keep up with shaman in dps.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

necrotic posted:

It is an easy mechanic, I just picked it because it's the clearest example of how you have to pay attention. Missing a glare or getting hit by a tear or expanding aoe or any of that are harder mechanics but they're less certain to wipe the raid.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

StumblyWumbly posted:

It is an easy mechanic, I just picked it because it's the clearest example of how you have to pay attention. Missing a glare or getting hit by a tear or expanding aoe or any of that are harder mechanics but they're less certain to wipe the raid.

That's fair, I guess. GA is definitely a huge "personal responsibility" raid. I love it.

Dreki
Oct 11, 2003

I am a dangerous monster
Could I get a guild invite please? Character name is Fimafeng.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

StumblyWumbly posted:

gently caress it, I'm going to try to set up a second GA group. Email Stumblywumbly in game if you have over 500 hit, let me know your class and if you can tank/heal, and what days will be good for you. I think we can get the first 2 bosses down without too much pain.

I'd be interested (time permitting). I have 508 hit.

I also don't have internet for the next few days because gently caress Comcast.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Whoa, how do you get that bird mount linked above? As a bird owner that is perfect for me.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

jadebullet posted:

Whoa, how do you get that bird mount linked above? As a bird owner that is perfect for me.

It's a tease of something to come, so no idea yet.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I want that bird mount. Give me that bird mount.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

skystream92 posted:

I'd be interested (time permitting). I have 508 hit.

I also don't have internet for the next few days because gently caress Comcast.

That's awesome who are you

Egeus
Jun 2, 2011

StumblyWumbly posted:

I'd dps on Downsy

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Hey guys, real quick. How do I tell how many unique snowflakes I have. I picked up a bunch of them, but they are not in my inventory so I don't have any idea how many I have.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

jadebullet posted:

Hey guys, real quick. How do I tell how many unique snowflakes I have. I picked up a bunch of them, but they are not in my inventory so I don't have any idea how many I have.

You should be able to see them at the bottom of your currency window (there's a button for it next to your bags, right above the search button).

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

StumblyWumbly posted:

Sochun.

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp

StumblyWumbly posted:

I'm interested on Pavement, but I will need a week or two to get to 520 hit depending on my luck.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Hey guys, can I have a guild invite? In as "monowhat"

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Where can I get "The Mythical Ice Shard Pendant"?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Drowned halls?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Ah. What is Drowned Halls? A raid, chronicle, dungeon or something else?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Datasmurf posted:

Ah. What is Drowned Halls? A raid, chronicle, dungeon or something else?

Intrepid drowned halls is the New 10 person raid. It is a straight copy of one that used to be run at level 50. 4 bosses, pretty quick, but there are mechanics to know

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
So... Rift took a poo poo. All the servers are down :( At least we finished up GA

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Emphasis on the "elite". Kings of poo poo Mountain.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Murvin posted:

Emphasis on the "elite". Kings of poo poo Mountain.

Ah drat I missed an achievement run?

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

necrotic posted:

Ah drat I missed an achievement run?

It's ok, I missed GA. I'd rather have that loot than wardrobe

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Can I get an invite to the guild username is Jacada.

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009
Invite for Xiphe, please.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Invite for Skuoz, please.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I've made a Mage and have been queuing up for random dungeons as a Chloromancer healer. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong until I reread the description for the two Veil spells... They trigger a heal when you use a life skill, and the heal is larger when it's a skill with a cast time. It does not care how much damage you do, does not care if it's a DOT... just as long as it's a spell that does life damage, in addition a spell like Nature's Fury that hits multiple targets is still just one cast. (Luminous weapon just modifies your melee attacks, so it should not work.)

Granted I'm only level 30 so things might get better later.

My biggest problem so far is that I don't have a good short instant heal, as Bloom has a cast time and cooldown. And Vile Spores took an agonizing two seconds to get out. I started spamming Blazing Light from the Harbringer Tree in my heal macro and suddenly things are so much easier, sure my DPS is lower but it's much easier to keep the tank topped off.

I also realized that my heals need LOS and have a range based on my distance to the party member, not distance from my target like it would seem, so just because I am hitting the monster does not mean my heals are proccing.

Long story short, there's a disconnect between the way Chloromancer 'should' work based on intuition and the way the mechanic actually works. Are there any goons that have Cholomancers at high level that have any other wisdom to share? I'm really curious if Chloro can continue to be the main healer in 5-mans at higher levels or if I should only queue for support.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

kzin602 posted:

Long story short, there's a disconnect between the way Chloromancer 'should' work based on intuition and the way the mechanic actually works. Are there any goons that have Cholomancers at high level that have any other wisdom to share? I'm really curious if Chloro can continue to be the main healer in 5-mans at higher levels or if I should only queue for support.

Chloros are the best overall healers in the game in endgame raiding, they can have a hard time at lower levels due to Synthesis scaling and not having all their cooldowns/talents though.

At level 30 you should be able to have the talent that lets you charge up an Instant Cast Nature's Fury which doubles as a secondary instant heal cooldown.

I haven't played a mage in a while but my understanding is that if you skill your first 28 points something like this your low level healing shouldn't be that hard to handle. At 31, take Essence Surge and your life should be a lot easier. Make sure to pop Entropic Veil when you need more heal output.

Tank healing gets very easy once you have void life and even easier with Corrosive Spores and Synthesis.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 17, 2013

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

kzin602 posted:

It worked how you think it works back at release. But they nerfed it so that it would be easier to keep it balanced. Ruin can also work okay as an emergency button. But yeah you can totally group heal all the way through to 60 and in experts.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
poo poo, why not. Catchphrase could use an invite on Deepwood. It's been a while, I quit after the Extra Life event cause 48 hours of RIFT burned it all out of me.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

kzin602 posted:

Granted I'm only level 30 so things might get better later.

They will. First of all, you should have bloom talented to be an instant cast for topping people off or helping with the tank. Later on you will get essence surge, which is a big instant oh poo poo button on a 60s cooldown. Also around 50 you get void life, a channel that tank heals like a motherfucker. Void life ticks, vile spores, and ruin also stack up if you talent into boon of life, so you get an instant nature's touch that you can either cast when up or save for a big tank heal while on the move.

Chloros have gone through a ton of changes over the years, and sometimes they don't consider sub-50 healing when making them. Rest assured, you will be a powerful healer.

Edit: Also, hot off the presses (Tricksy Trion, I am going to be forced to do this)

quote:

Grandfather Frost is watching all the presents gifted through the RIFT Store now through the end of the year. Each time you send a present he makes a note, and when you reach new gifting levels (set at 3,500-Credit intervals now tracked in your Loyalty screen), he’ll send you a relic-level Gift of Giving supply crate!

In addition to its regular loot, this holiday crate holds 50 Unique Snowflakes good for a variety of Fae Yule rewards. The first time you hit this generous milestone, he’ll also send you a Yulebot 9000 pet and well-deserved title, “The Gifter”!

I'm gonna set up Stampy's wishlist if anyone wants a gift target and to keep my slutty outfit game on point

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Eltoasto posted:

Edit: Also, hot off the presses (Tricksy Trion, I am going to be forced to do this)

I'm gonna set up Stampy's wishlist if anyone wants a gift target and to keep my slutty outfit game on point

Someone in chat said sending gifts to your alt works towards this as well. I guess if anyone has an alt they want to kit out.

• Locked thread