Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Where do we go for power levelling now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sadly that new HUD doesn't really look any better than the current one aside from apparently not making you push a button once to be able to see your teammtes' health. It still looks like they just sort of picked random places to throw around numbers and picked a random font to go with it, instead of designing it so that the most important information is in places that will naturally draw your eye and make it easy to see what you need without looking away from the middle of the screen much. The font doesn't seem very warframey either.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Terbulus posted:

High level survival or mobile defense, same as before.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is it worth upgrading my Excalibur's Radial Javelin? At the moment it feels like I get more for my energy by just using slash dash four times, but I also have that fully upgraded and radial javelin is at base level.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Hooray, finally got my Hornet Strike fully upgraded! Now to work on my Serration :(

Holy poo poo, Sweeper is killing it:

hooah fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 14, 2013

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Terbulus posted:

Cyath is still a nice fat exp piñata. Just pick a place with resources you want and run mobdef or survivals.

I had my Galt jump from 10 to 23 after two near-40 survival runs on Saturn and a couple T3 keys. Having a Trinity perma-invuln your group rocks.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I didn't realize putting a forma in your weapon reset its level to 0. :(

Kind of dumb in my opinion, I often don't know if I want to forma something or not until I've played it up and see that I need more space or whatever. Guess I need to do some exp runs myself as well.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Clocks posted:

I didn't realize putting a forma in your weapon reset its level to 0. :(

Kind of dumb in my opinion, I often don't know if I want to forma something or not until I've played it up and see that I need more space or whatever. Guess I need to do some exp runs myself as well.

Did you put a potato in it first? I've found that the best route if you're not sure how much you'll like a weapon is to get it to at least 20, un-starched. If you like it, put a potato in it. If you then get it to 30 and REALLY like it but feel like you don't have enough mod energy, then you should forma it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

7c Nickel posted:

Hey, if you ever find yourself feeling unsure about DE's development chops, just remember, it could be much much worse.

Holy poo poo, I gave these idiots money for one of the founder packs.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

hooah posted:

Did you put a potato in it first? I've found that the best route if you're not sure how much you'll like a weapon is to get it to at least 20, un-starched. If you like it, put a potato in it. If you then get it to 30 and REALLY like it but feel like you don't have enough mod energy, then you should forma it.

Yeah I did, I put a potato in, got it to 30, realized it could use a forma or two because I was using some high-powered mods and still needed extra capacity, and, welp. But that's kind of my point, if you're at the stage where you're using a forma, you've probably used it enough to realize you want it, which makes it annoying because you need to re-level it...

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Clocks posted:

Yeah I did, I put a potato in, got it to 30, realized it could use a forma or two because I was using some high-powered mods and still needed extra capacity, and, welp. But that's kind of my point, if you're at the stage where you're using a forma, you've probably used it enough to realize you want it, which makes it annoying because you need to re-level it...

The forma makes it much stronger from the start so it doesn't feel like such a pain to level. By the time you have 5 formas your weapon feels godly at level 10.

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby

Fuzz posted:

Portal 2, on PS3. You can crossplay with people on Steam since it came out.

Main reason I'm switching from PC is that, while my computer can run this game easily, for the 2 months I played I could never find anyone online to play with and grinding with pubbies is just boring and not fun. The one goon I did manage to play with didn't have a mic, and typing in the middle of a boss fight is sort of not an option. Conversely, I have about 6 PS4 friends that all play this and have mics, and are on the same timezone as me, so... I'm a horrible monster for not wanting to lose all the progress and unlocks I got on PC so that I can play with my friends?

Oh god, I'm the worse than Hitler, clearly. :psyduck:

They tried to do Shadowrun on the 360 but because MKB is so ultimately superior for competitive shooting it was a complete clusterfuck and they had to disable it; then everyone quit playing overnight because the game was awful.

I'm excited about cross-platform play in co-op titles!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So I think I found something new they're going to try for the End Mission screen.

Looks like we might get Team scores, Skill values, and something about Honor in the future.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Team - did you stay close to the slow morons
Skill - what share of the damage did you do
Honor - how many revives did you make

Looking forward to farming honor by feathering revive keeping people on the brink of life and death

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Who knows, but that's nothing new, it's been popping up for at least several months now. I suspect that it's very old leftovers, rather than something they're planning to implement.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Cathair posted:

Who knows, but that's nothing new, it's been popping up for at least several months now. I suspect that it's very old leftovers, rather than something they're planning to implement.
They've said repeatedly that they plan to implement it, it just kinda keeps taking a back burner to other stuff while they try to figure out exactly how they want to make it relevant.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I've only used 2 forma on my Dera and 1 on the Twin Vipers. How often do you guys forma things? I'd forma a lot more often if it didn't take so long.

I wonder if they will ever add harder content where you'll have to be using formaed equipment.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

CODChimera posted:

I've only used 2 forma on my Dera and 1 on the Twin Vipers. How often do you guys forma things? I'd forma a lot more often if it didn't take so long.

I wonder if they will ever add harder content where you'll have to be using formaed equipment.

I just used a 6th forma on my Ignis :shepface:

It does stupid damage now though. What a great gun.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Hey there, 6 forma Ignis buddy. What polarities did you pick?

I have:

V - - V
V -

Probably a terrible format, but eh, it's symmetrical.

The setup is:

Serration / Stormbringer / Infected Clip / Heavy Caliber
Split Chamber / Hellfire / Cryo Rounds / Firestorm

Corrosive Blast is fun.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Tallgeese posted:

Hey there, 6 forma Ignis buddy. What polarities did you pick?

I have:

V - - V
V -

Probably a terrible format, but eh, it's symmetrical.

V - - V
. - . V

:v:

Exact same mods as you too. Although I just got my Heavy Caliber last night so it isn't fully leveled yet. Having to basically level up 2 Serrations is ruining my bank account and fusion core stash.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 14, 2013

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The only problem is that Blast only has penalties now, it gives no boosts to anything. They had better fix that.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

So how many times did you all re-level the ignis? Coincidentally that was the first weapon I tried putting a forma into. Maybe I should put several more in before I level it up again. :allears:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Clocks posted:

So how many times did you all re-level the ignis? Coincidentally that was the first weapon I tried putting a forma into. Maybe I should put several more in before I level it up again. :allears:

You can only forma at level 30, so that isn't really an option.

I've gotten 210 total levels on mine. Shame it doesn't count for mastery.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
You have to level it fully for each forma since you can only forma them when they are maxed out. I think to get the full potential of the weapon you need 5 or 6 formas. I have 5 now but once I max out serration I will need more, I don't know if I have my polarities set up optimally though so you might be able to do it with 5?.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Tallgeese posted:

The only problem is that Blast only has penalties now, it gives no boosts to anything. They had better fix that.

It has a worse resistance/weakness spread because the status effect is so good. Radiation's the same way.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Male Man posted:

It has a worse resistance/weakness spread because the status effect is so good. Radiation's the same way.

Well yeah, but even Radiation has a bonus to something.

It also makes it a strict downgrade if you're using a weapon that does not have a high status effect proc chance. You really shouldn't be effectively penalized for throwing an elem damage mod on.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

It also makes it a strict downgrade if you're using a weapon that does not have a high status effect proc chance. You really shouldn't be effectively penalized for throwing an elem damage mod on.

Technically it's additional damage either way, just less additional damage :eng101:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

I feel like this is exactly what should be happening. You have to trade some damage for a good status effect, and some weapons are better at specific elements or statuses because of that. it's almost like there's thought involved.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I feel like this is exactly what should be happening. You have to trade some damage for a good status effect, and some weapons are better at specific elements or statuses because of that. it's almost like there's thought involved.

This is true, but what happens when you spend four formas on an elemental layout, and then they decide to change the damage values again?

It wouldn't be that bad if DE were not changing it up as much as they do.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Bruc posted:

You have to level it fully for each forma since you can only forma them when they are maxed out. I think to get the full potential of the weapon you need 5 or 6 formas. I have 5 now but once I max out serration I will need more, I don't know if I have my polarities set up optimally though so you might be able to do it with 5?.

:downs: Guess I am forma-stupid. I was pissed that it makes you re-level it and that I didn't think to use a forma earlier but apparently it has to be level 30 anyway so no harm. I still think it sucks to have to relevel it afterwards, it's not exactly adding much to the game. In fact, I wonder if there was no releveling aspect, if some whales would just buy more formas at once to forma all their weapons. More money for DE, but more balancing issues as well I guess.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
It's surprising to me that DE chose to implement a classic "fun pain" F2P thing (foundry build times), and yet they haven't monetized the grind they built into formas. One can easily imagine a "hyper forma" that does the usual thing, except it only resets your level to 15, or whatever. It makes me wonder what game design decisions went into making formas so costly to use in terms of time spent grinding.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Feenix posted:

Any high levels on PS4 up right now want to help me get Neural Sensors or Orokin Cells? :)

I'm not high level but I'm gonna need some neural sensors for my upgrades, also a control module. If you want to hunt some with me, add me. My PSN is seiferguy.

General question - I'm at the "intermediate" planets. Which one is the best for farming credits? I'm going to need a lot of them for this trinity warframe.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

^^^ Void missions are the best way to get money. If you don't have any keys, then do survival levels to 15 minutes until you get a few.

Dilkington posted:

It's surprising to me that DE chose to implement a classic "fun pain" F2P thing (foundry build times), and yet they haven't monetized the grind they built into formas. One can easily imagine a "hyper forma" that does the usual thing, except it only resets your level to 15, or whatever. It makes me wonder what game design decisions went into making formas so costly to use in terms of time spent grinding.

I really don't understand why they picked the useless things that they did to put a platinum cost on (revives, rushing etc) while letting you get almost everything important in the game without ever buying platinum, but I'm glad that it seems to be working because for a F2P game it seems really generous. Most of the game is just working to get some weapon or warframe or whatever, so you never have to actually pay for any of it when it's what you're working toward anyway.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The Paladin was my favourite set in Dark Souls, and my favourite class in Diablo. As long as they keep that aesthethic and it's a offensive/defensive balanced class, I'll be so happy to forma the gently caress out of it. :allears:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Magnus is kind of sexy, what mods work well with this bad bitch?

Also, drat is the Hind ugly as gently caress.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Male Man posted:

Radiation's status effect really isn't that good. Confused enemies still generally target you if you hurt them, and coincidentally you're hurting them when you're putting the effect on them. For them to even start attacking other enemies, you have to run away as soon as the effect starts so that they lose interest in you, and usually by the time they're effected they've already taken enough damage to not last very long against other enemies. The best it can do for you in most cases is divert a little bit of the other enemies' attention for a few seconds until the effected enemy dies.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Flipswitch posted:

The Magnus is kind of sexy, what mods work well with this bad bitch?

Also, drat is the Hind ugly as gently caress.

Barrel Diffusion, A really good Hornet Strike, High leveled elemental mods, and I put extra crit chance on mine to get it up to 40% crit chance. When I get a crit headshot, it regularly hits for about 10k (so 20k if both shots land).

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Checked the this page but didn't see it mentioned: Sedna Invasion - Charbydis have a orokin catalyst as reward right now, 27.5% left of it(help the Grineer).

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I used credits for the akimbo Aklato pistols because I was sick to loving death of the default Lato.

I'm sure I probably overlooked something obvious (or not obvious) but I'm enjoying using them more and things feel like they go down faster...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Casnorf posted:

Since that was an advertised feature, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that version parity might be in order. If it comes at the Master Race's perceived expense, I really don't see anything wrong with that. Especially after a few of those posts.

Yeah, seriously.

I want cross-platform coop, dammit. Valve did it in 2011, it's now 2013. WHERE'S THE PROGRESS?