Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Troll Bridgington posted:

I got 3 days at the same time, I guess. So far they sent me 2 envelopes of cards, and one little baggy of coal. One of the envelopes had a slip talking about a puzzle contest involving the 12 gifts that get sent.

The videos on https://www.holidaybullshit.com/ for each day are pretty funny.

Oh man, I've only gotten one thing so far the second day. My post office is a bit weird about things, takes them forever sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Casu Marzu posted:

That is a surprisingly good looking Timex. Link to where you got it?

Thank you.
Sure:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261234354093

I think the link should work.
Otherwise it's from ebay and the seller handle is twinboom781. He was very nice and prompt, shipped fast and the packaging was good. A+ will buy again.

Edit:
Note that the chronograph only goes up to 30 minutes and what looks like the hour indicator is 1/20th of a second measurement (which moves into position after stopping the chrono). Also, it has a dial illumination thingy which is neat and useful.

Hellbeard has a new favorite as of 08:42 on Dec 13, 2013

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Palpatine MD posted:

Also, a fun little watch that I dare not post in the YLLS megathread. It was 5 dollars (free shipping) which is just ridiculous. Should serve me well for working out and when summer rolls around.

I don't know what YLLS is but this is sweet, where's it from?

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

concerned mom posted:

I don't know what YLLS is but this is sweet, where's it from?
You Look Like poo poo is SA's subforum about fitness, health, style and fashion. There's a megathread about watches there.

Anyhow, the watch is available at Miniinthebox or alternatively Lightinthebox. I've bought a watch there before for under 10 dollars and it's been standing up to a lot of abuse for months now. These guys ship worldwide from China for free, it's kind of insane.

E: That Timex from last page looks really good as well and the black NATO suits it very well. What kind of band does it originally come with?

Palpatine MD has a new favorite as of 12:15 on Dec 13, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Palpatine MD posted:

These guys ship worldwide from China for free, it's kind of insane.

These watches contain a complete monitoring system that will send all your personal info and communications to the People's Republic of China with the hope that there is valuable intel in the lot.

That's how they can afford such a price.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Can anybody recommend me a sturdy capsule of some kind, with a handle, that would be great for carrying/moving a large amount of coins?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Red posted:

Can anybody recommend me a sturdy capsule of some kind, with a handle, that would be great for carrying/moving a large amount of coins?

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Red posted:

Depending on what the purpose is, I'd just recommend getting a coin sorter/sleever to get your coins all organized and easily countable.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Red posted:

An old tube sock...also a great way to transport a bunch of D or C batteries.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
PYF coin/battery transportation device that doubles as a self-defense article

Content:

Slim Killington has a new favorite as of 17:27 on Dec 13, 2013

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Slim Killington posted:

PYF coin/battery transportation device that doubles as a self-defense article

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

No honest man needs more than 10 batteries

kanuck
Aug 27, 2004

I must remember to follow my own advice.

Red posted:

A big plastic water jug from a water cooler.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

this reminds me a lot of my dog as a puppy when I got her (5 years ago).

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Red posted:

Are you hoarding nickles? Be honest.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Bruxism posted:

Are you hoarding nickles? Be honest.

This person believes that in the hyperinflation scenario he is imagining, a nickel's worth of metal will still be with exactly 5 cents USD? :psyduck:

I bought one of these things used at a EB to play fighting games with. I think that's supposed to be a (really ugly) Rock and Triple H?

Geektox has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Dec 14, 2013

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

As a fellow FG player this is appropriate:

T-T-T-TABLE BREAKERRRRRRRRRRR!

(seriously, timg that)

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I heard about these and I figured I'd start getting them instead of finishing out what I do have:

One of my favorite manga ever. It's like reading storyboards for a samurai movie.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You're lucky I wish I could read Lone Wolf and Cub again for the first time.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

strangemusic posted:

As a fellow FG player this is appropriate:

T-T-T-TABLE BREAKERRRRRRRRRRR!

(seriously, timg that)

Woops, was posting from phone and I could've sworn I used timg tags. My b.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

For only $10.99 on Amazon. And it's the Japanese version which is manufactured and presented better than the usual box-sets.

I have Volume 2 because I love the Americanized Rubber Soul, but I never bought Volume 1 for some reason. Figured I'd snatch it now since a new U.S. albums box-set is slated to be released for the 50th anniversary of the Beatles coming to America and this box-set either becomes collectable or worthless. Either way, at $10.99 I can't complain.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

I grabbed a box of these for x-mas. There's at least one autographed card inside, so we'll see who it is. I'll be picking up a box from last year's summer games next year.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Did anyone else who bought the Cards Against Humanity 12 days thing get what I got today? A new card game about setting up 3 way sex with your friends!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Clusterfuck!

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Everlane sent me a $20 credit since I have never purchased anything from them, so I bought the cheapest thing they had, which was a $20 black tank top. With shipping, it was $1.75, so thanks Everlane!

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Tulip Candy posted:

Everlane sent me a $20 credit since I have never purchased anything from them, so I bought the cheapest thing they had, which was a $20 black tank top. With shipping, it was $1.75, so thanks Everlane!

I absolutely love everlane, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

This is my big Christmas present to myself this year. I used the laptop itself to take the photo of the box.

My sisters and BiL and I are pooling to get our dad an iPad Air, and I made the actual purchase on that last night.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

FishBulb posted:

Did anyone else who bought the Cards Against Humanity 12 days thing get what I got today? A new card game about setting up 3 way sex with your friends!

So far I've gotten a bag of coal and more cards for the game. I hope to god that I get Cluster gently caress, because that would be the best awkward game to play with my family.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Logitech Powershell iPhone controller.

All of the controls are analog, and it has a built in battery to charge the phone.

GTA San Andreas was the main reason I got it. But i'll also be using it for Bastion, Limbo, King of Fighters, Terraria, and Sky Gamblers.

Only caveat is the lack of a right thumbstick, but it's not a dealbreaker to me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ChocNitty posted:

Logitech Powershell iPhone controller.

All of the controls are analog, and it has a built in battery to charge the phone.

GTA San Andreas was the main reason I got it. But i'll also be using it for Bastion, Limbo, King of Fighters, Terraria, and Sky Gamblers.

Only caveat is the lack of a right thumbstick, but it's not a dealbreaker to me.
How does it work in San Andreas? That's my favorite GTA game ever and while it's cool that the whole game is on mobile devices now, I think I'd go mad trying to play it with touch controls. But if this thing works well to control it, I'd buy one of these and San Andreas and roll up on bustas on my phone.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

I needed new shirts and ties.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Something expensive: 800€ (2001 Ford Ka)

Something cheap: 20€ (Velleman soldering station)

I've been without car for a year, and while I could move around and make visits etc. using public transportation, nothing beats having a set of wheels for moving around! And the soldering station is a replacement for my 5€ cheapie that's falling apart.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
My Fiancee said she wanted a pocketknife for Christmas. What's a thoughtful Goon to do for his Fiancee who enjoys utility, classiness and Audrey Hepburn movies (Breakfast at Tiffany's was one of the first movies we watched together)? A Tiffany and Co. / Victorinox Swiss Army Knife. :colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Geektox posted:

This person believes that in the hyperinflation scenario he is imagining, a nickel's worth of metal will still be with exactly 5 cents USD? :psyduck:

I bought one of these things used at a EB to play fighting games with. I think that's supposed to be a (really ugly) Rock and Triple H?

I bought the fight stick version of this when it was one sale here for £25. I then ripped the sticker off the front and loaded it with a Sanwa joystick and buttons. It's now a cracking fightstick and for loads less than the official Sanwa ones were selling for.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

screenwritersblues posted:

So far I've gotten a bag of coal and more cards for the game. I hope to god that I get Cluster gently caress, because that would be the best awkward game to play with my family.

So far I still have only received the bag of coal, but I am hoping to just get a bundle of envelopes sometime this week.

In other news, I did get this for my mother for Christmas! American made bracelet from a cool company (Alex and Ani). I think she'll dig it.

HeySka
Jan 3, 2006

...or is it?
The wife let me go a bit crazy buying some new clothes this weekend so here is what I picked up.

Pike Brothers Utility Shirt

This is the most comfortable henley I have ever worn. I wear it as soon as I take my uniform off in the evenings. I am going to have to buy it in white too. It works as an amazing warm layer under button-downs. This is my second piece of Pike Brothers clothing and I am really impressed with the quality and feel of the fabrics. Their stuff feels like it will last for years.

Natural Selection Chapman Wool Jacket

Tried this on at a local shop in Nuremberg and I had to buy it. The fit is great (even better when I lose a few pounds) and it layers really nice.

If any of you Bavarian folks find your way to Nuremberg you should check out the shop Bube und Konig there. They have an awesome selection of Pike Brothers and 3sixteen gear there along with Wolverine 1000 mile boots. The guys who work there will hook you up and are really nice.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Dr. Light posted:

So far I still have only received the bag of coal, but I am hoping to just get a bundle of envelopes sometime this week.

I got more today speaking of which.

I got Clusterfuck, which another goon got, which sounds like a blast and some original artwork form cards from the games. I got two for the same, so in the White Elephant gift they go.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I haven't gotten anything since the first pack.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Any other Canadians not receive anything yet from Cards Against Humanity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Robawesome posted:

Any other Canadians not receive anything yet from Cards Against Humanity?

AB here, I haven't received anything yet either.

• Locked thread