Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Awesome! The Gipsy I ordered that was scheduled for February is out for delivery! Someone must've cancelled.

I must've appeased the Pacific Rim gods or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

How are they? I'm still on the fence if I want to order from tru.com.

I haven't opened them yet but they look great. The Classics Turtles have pissed me off though, their shoulder joints are stupidly tight and it felt like I was going to break them trying to get them to move.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Bushifox posted:

At normal retail price I am thrilled and have no regrets. If I had to pay ebay markups or something I would be pretty annoyed at some of the corner-cutting. I've never owned a figure that needs a wash to bring out texture like Bebop does.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I got some Power Lords in the mail!

I knew what i was getting into articulation-wise, but that t-crotch still hurts pretty bad. Though that sculpt makes up for that easily, I'm totally into those masks (especially black's) and 4H did an amazing job with the muscle detail. Also it doesn't hurt at all that I can mix them up with my glyos like in the above pic.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

vkeios posted:

I got some Power Lords in the mail!

I knew what i was getting into articulation-wise, but that t-crotch still hurts pretty bad. Though that sculpt makes up for that easily, I'm totally into those masks (especially black's) and 4H did an amazing job with the muscle detail. Also it doesn't hurt at all that I can mix them up with my glyos like in the above pic.

So question on these, couldn't you use the glyos joints to give them better articulation in the t-crotch area? Maybe just replace the upper hip?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Yeah, I could easily make substitute thighs with just a single axis joint set for the joints and a hub set for padding, but I don't got any glyos in black or white. Also it doesn't really excuse 4 Horsemen for bad hip joints, especially when they threw in lateral tilting for the ankles.

Just to note, these guys break up into: head, neck, torso, pelvis, arms, forearms, hands, thighs, legs, and feet. And since those are glyos pegs, there's a swivel joint at each one of those (excluding the head-neck point, thats a balljoint).

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

vkeios posted:

Yeah, I could easily make substitute thighs with just a single axis joint set for the joints and a hub set for padding, but I don't got any glyos in black or white. Also it doesn't really excuse 4 Horsemen for bad hip joints, especially when they threw in lateral tilting for the ankles.

Just to note, these guys break up into: head, neck, torso, pelvis, arms, forearms, hands, thighs, legs, and feet. And since those are glyos pegs, there's a swivel joint at each one of those (excluding the head-neck point, thats a balljoint).

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's an excuse, I'm just glad there's an easy fix. I was hesitating on buying any of them because of that stupid joint.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Here's a quick pic of a replacement I tried out. I can't remember if the bottom piece is in the hub set, but i know there's 1 of it in the axis. Sadly, thats the smallest axis joints get and its still bulging out a bit (though that little axis does fit perfectly in the shoulder area).

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
The new Kotobukiya Psylocke looks amazing, can't wait until I get mine in the mail!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Jet Ready Go posted:

The new Kotobukiya Psylocke looks amazing, can't wait until I get mine in the mail!

I told myself I was only going to buy the Power Ranger releases and that was it, but I don't think I can turn down a Psylocke statue. Surely just one statue won't open the floodgates, right? Right? :(

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Agrias120 posted:

I told myself I was only going to buy the Power Ranger releases and that was it, but I don't think I can turn down a Psylocke statue. Surely just one statue won't open the floodgates, right? Right? :(

Well my biggest limit is shelf space so I think I can get maybe two or three more before I'm hosed and my home becomes nothing but shelves.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Finally got the 18inch Gipsy! I'll have to wait until Christmas to open it up, since it's a gift, but hey. At least it's mine.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Yay more props!

Finally got my hands on some metal batarangs in the refined gold version to go with my rough steel ones. They aren't 100% accurate; particularly the head and ears are off. But they are good enough and feel great.

Also as seen in the above photo, some new mini-mines. I already had a couple of officially licensed mini-mines from the Noble Collection (meant to be paperweights), but those were missing some fun details and were way too big. These are correct, made of metal, and have magnetic spikes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For $15 Jeremy Renner will now protect my office.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Lookie at what Daddy finally got.

Worth every penny. I guess I need to finish my pyramid that has been sitting half finished for 4 years now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nice! I was interested in those a while back, but they were long gone by the time I found out.

You should post more pics, if you can!

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
This may be slightly off-topic for this thread but does anyone here own Weta's Barad-Dur environment, or has seen one in person? Is it worth it?

I am seriously debating if it's worth the cost, but it seems so incredibly nice.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

CelticPredator posted:

Nice! I was interested in those a while back, but they were long gone by the time I found out.

You should post more pics, if you can!

They are still for sale, free shipping with Prime too.

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamash...words=daft+punk

Tell me what you want to see and I'll make it happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has anyone bought these replica Dragonball balls that have popped up on Ebay and Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GM97F0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1SBRL8QFZ9X4E&coliid=I2AOZQVYD8R3O2

$13.50 seems a little salty but on Ebay they're running $18 a pop.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 14, 2013

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I just grabbed the 4 ball so I can give my impressions once it arrives, which will apparently be Wednesday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bandit64 posted:

I just grabbed the 4 ball so I can give my impressions once it arrives, which will apparently be Wednesday.

I was able to get 6 of the 7 via Prime, so those will be here early next week but the 3 ball was not available that way so I'll be seeing it sometime in January. I think I have a wooden box they will fit in and I'll add some LEDs and pillow stuffing to make it look glowy.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Bushifox posted:

I was at a TRU today for gift-shopping, and I had no problem passing on Rocksteady and Bebop. They just look dull.

The Rocksteady is the inferior of the two - you can tell his wifebeater is just painted on, and there's no molding/sculpting for the shirt. It just looks lovely.

The Bebop is much, much better, but again, it looks dull and cheap. It looks as though the belt on his lower torso piece is also painted on, while the belt on his upper half is sculpted.

I was so jazzed for these guys to come out, but they're just poorly done. :(

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Djarum posted:

They are still for sale, free shipping with Prime too.

Tell me what you want to see and I'll make it happen.

Oh nice!

Maybe pics of them together, and some detailed stuff. Just want to get a decent look at 'em if I decide to get them.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Red posted:

I was at a TRU today for gift-shopping, and I had no problem passing on Rocksteady and Bebop. They just look dull.

The Rocksteady is the inferior of the two - you can tell his wifebeater is just painted on, and there's no molding/sculpting for the shirt. It just looks lovely.

The Bebop is much, much better, but again, it looks dull and cheap. It looks as though the belt on his lower torso piece is also painted on, while the belt on his upper half is sculpted.

I was so jazzed for these guys to come out, but they're just poorly done. :(

Bebop is very good. Good sculpt, poses properly, satisfyingly chunky proportions, nice amount of paint apps. Rocksteady is weirdly lovely by comparison. His hat is removable for some reason and falls off if you look at it. He can't stand up properly. He's low on decent paint apps.

funtax fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 15, 2013

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

funtax posted:

Bebop is very good. Good sculpt, poses properly, satisfyingly chunky proportions, nice amount of paint apps. Rocksteady is weirdly lovely by comparison. His hat is removable for some reason and falls off if you look at it. He can't stand up properly. He's low on decent paint apps.

Rocksteady's issues standing are related to the fact his shins were installed backward. This morning, I finally worked up the nerve to boil and pop them to install them properly. I'm happy to tell this thread it was much easier than I anticipated (from boiling and popping WWE figures), and he stands much better now. I'll probably tackle the paint apps over the christmas break.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Maybe I should just buy my rocksteady from you.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Rocksteady's issues standing are related to the fact his shins were installed backward.

Holy crap, you're right. I assume the lower legs need to be switched as well, since he's insanely bow-legged when the shins get turned?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

funtax posted:

Holy crap, you're right. I assume the lower legs need to be switched as well, since he's insanely bow-legged when the shins get turned?

Nope. All the parts are on the correct side (i.e., right parts with right parts, left parts with left parts), just gotta turn them shins around. I'd be glad to post pics for skeptics.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Nope. All the parts are on the correct side (i.e., right parts with right parts, left parts with left parts), just gotta turn them shins around. I'd be glad to post pics for skeptics.

I'm not a skeptic, but that would be a pretty cool "how to" series.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Legacy Dragonzord is up for pre-order on TRU.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28741796

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

The Rage posted:

Oh my.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The Rage posted:

That's a beautiful thing. I'm hoping Figuarts does one to go along with their Megazord.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The nice thing about these Legacy Zords they've been doing, is they're diecast, and they still combine. So if you have the Legacy Megazord they released last year, you'll be able to combine it with it this. And the Dragonzord is diecast too.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Are they the same designs as the 90s original ones or new molds?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Don't forget https://www.mattycollector.com is having its monthly sale today. You likely missed out on Spirit of Hordak, but you can still get a Plundor, Standor, or Strong-Or.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Red posted:

Don't forget https://www.mattycollector.com is having its monthly sale today. You likely missed out on Spirit of Hordak, but you can still get a Plundor, Standor, or Strong-Or.

I hear "sale" and think "on sale" not "for sale".

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm having that proton gun.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Bushifox posted:

I'm not a skeptic, but that would be a pretty cool "how to" series.

Someone beat me to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x939XqzsCw

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Are they the same designs as the 90s original ones or new molds?

They're the Japanese 90's releases basically. Same molds, just Japan got diecast ones where we got plastic.

The_Doctor posted:

I'm having that proton gun.

I had to buy two after the review video mentioned they react when you cross the streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Castle Greyskull is the size of an endtable.

Like I wish it had a roof so I could serve drinks on it.