Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I would love cross platform play, then maybe I can get more people in my parties on missions no one wants to do!

And my Orthos will finally be built tonight: that will be fantastic for infested missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
I just need one more goddamn part for Orthos Prime. :smith:

Is it me, or has DE's new XP gain system functions the same as the last one?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do enemies only drop certain mods at certain levels? I've been praying and praying for elemental rifle mods and have only managed to get Cryo Rounds so far while running through Jupiter. Meanwhile, I finally got a Serration mod drop from Kappa today, along with 2 Streamlines in a row.

I just want to do crazy damage like the rest of you. :negative:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

QuantaStarFire posted:

Do enemies only drop certain mods at certain levels? I've been praying and praying for elemental rifle mods and have only managed to get Cryo Rounds so far while running through Jupiter. Meanwhile, I finally got a Serration mod drop from Kappa today, along with 2 Streamlines in a row.

I just want to do crazy damage like the rest of you. :negative:

Drops are mob specific. Some mobs only exist on some planets/parts of planets. Some drops are only from certain tiers of missions. You can probably ask a kindly goon for the basic elemental mods.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Nova goons, help me out here. I've watched Novas crouch down and everything around them just disintegrated and I can't figure out exactly what they're doing to pull that off. Are they just shooting an antimatter drop straight down? I thought its uncharged damage was too weak for something like that.

Dr. Jackal
Sep 13, 2009

Valatar posted:

Nova goons, help me out here. I've watched Novas crouch down and everything around them just disintegrated and I can't figure out exactly what they're doing to pull that off. Are they just shooting an antimatter drop straight down? I thought its uncharged damage was too weak for something like that.

unless poo poo has changed, that would be Nova's #4 Molecular Prime, it can chain explode and kill everything.

Dr. Jackal fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Dec 15, 2013

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Dr. Jackal posted:

unless poo poo has changed, that would be Nova's #4 Molecular Prime, it can chain explode and kill everything.

Yeah, if you run a pure mage build with Focus, Stretch, Streamline and Flow mods, you can explode everything within a mile with Molecular Prime. Over and over again. Forever.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

These new invasion missions are quite fun, the rewards sweeten them quite a bit. Got a nice haul of a Catalyst, 4 Gallium and about 120k+ from last night whilst levelling up some weapons.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Yeah, I'm pleased to see that mutagen masses appear to be a common Grineer reward for infestation invasions (for now). Less reason to waste time farming derelicts, 's good as far as I'm concerned.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Vauban is my favorite frame by far, but gently caress this game when my casting my Vortex causes a crash (on ps4) when there's a lot going on.

Not fun being nearly done with an alert and having it error out three times in a loving row.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 15, 2013

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010
I started a little clan with a few friends of mine when we first started playing, and we've slowly advanced to the point where now we have all our labs up and running.

I was wondering about some of the energy and bio lab stuff. They've got so much more to build than the chem lab, and I'm not entirely sure what to go for. The investment it takes to get the stuff built is pretty ridiculous so I figured I'd ask here to see what you guys recommend.

Has anyone got the Djinn? It looks like it could be fun, but I'm wondering how effective it is. Right now I'm using a carrier and loving it.

Are any of the weapons worth getting? I heard a lot of good things about the ignis, so I built one of those. Other than that, are there any other 'must have' clan research weapons? Any mediocre weapons that are just really fun to use? Our research has progressed pretty far so I could grab almost anything I want, I just don't know what's worth it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Pokeylope posted:

I started a little clan with a few friends of mine when we first started playing, and we've slowly advanced to the point where now we have all our labs up and running.

I was wondering about some of the energy and bio lab stuff. They've got so much more to build than the chem lab, and I'm not entirely sure what to go for. The investment it takes to get the stuff built is pretty ridiculous so I figured I'd ask here to see what you guys recommend.

Has anyone got the Djinn? It looks like it could be fun, but I'm wondering how effective it is. Right now I'm using a carrier and loving it.

Are any of the weapons worth getting? I heard a lot of good things about the ignis, so I built one of those. Other than that, are there any other 'must have' clan research weapons? Any mediocre weapons that are just really fun to use? Our research has progressed pretty far so I could grab almost anything I want, I just don't know what's worth it.

Ignis, Embolist, Synapse, and Flux Rifle are pretty good. Supra isn't bad either.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

How is the ogris after Damage 2.0?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Ogris is still a rocket launcher.

Penta owns btw.

owns super hard.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I've been leveling my Synapse, and I like how they adjusted the ammo-eating rate. Did that apply to the Ignis too?

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Does anyone know what causes this? My screen turns black and I can't tab out/in to the game, annoying when I'm in a mission. It happens when I'm sprinting/sliding so I might be doing something with the shift/ctrl keys.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Pokeylope posted:

Djinn's weapon (Stinger) is probably second best of the Sentinel weapons, good for when you're running a shotgun and don't want to compromise mods with Sweeper. I haven't really tried Djinn itself, too busy leveling up all the other Sentinels who have secondary precepts that are useful or at least don't get you killed.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

JackMackerel posted:

I just need one more goddamn part for Orthos Prime. :smith:

Is it me, or has DE's new XP gain system functions the same as the last one?

Good news! The galatine's charge attack is twice as strong and the galatine can be obtained for some credits and crap resoureces.

(I'm only missing one o.prime blade, but literally quit when the galatine came out.)

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Androc posted:

Good news! The galatine's charge attack is twice as strong and the galatine can be obtained for some credits and crap resoureces.

(I'm only missing one o.prime blade, but literally quit when the galatine came out.)

The Galatine has a 400 damage charge attack, and takes 1.2 seconds to charge. The Orthos Prime has a 200 damage charge attack, and takes 0.5 seconds to charge. As you can see, the Orthos Prime actually has higher raw dps, though you also have to consider that the Galatine has a 25% crit chance on charge attacks only (yes, different from the crit chance of it's normal attack), and a higher crit modifier.

So basically, they're about the same in practical usage, it's just down to personal taste. The Galatine is a hell of a lot easier to build though, so by all means make one when you can.

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010
Thanks for the advice.

I noticed today while playing that my zorens no longer fling me across the room. Did they get rid of zoren-coptering? I mean, I saw this coming, but it still hurts.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Pokeylope posted:

Thanks for the advice.

I noticed today while playing that my zorens no longer fling me across the room. Did they get rid of zoren-coptering? I mean, I saw this coming, but it still hurts.

They've worked for me today. However, I have noticed that occasionally it doesn't work as well. Seems to be a host issue, as far as I can tell, since it's consistent through the match.

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010
Thanks goodness. I was worried there for a second. Do you think they'll ever fix it at this point? I imagine there'd be a good bit of community backlash. Might just be easier for them to sweep that particular bug under the carpet.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Pokeylope posted:

Thanks goodness. I was worried there for a second. Do you think they'll ever fix it at this point? I imagine there'd be a good bit of community backlash. Might just be easier for them to sweep that particular bug under the carpet.

If the Zoren haven't been graduated to bug-as-feature already then DE is beyond salvation.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Fixing the zorenjump would be fine as long as they introduce a rough equivalent to the game. Like another equip with its own slots etc that gives you a ninja boost or whatever.

They would also do well to make melee useful but that may be wishful thinking.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Honestly that's impossible unless they power up melee an incredible amount. There's a reason guns have taken over melee weaponry as the basis of combat.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Broniki posted:

Does anyone know what causes this? My screen turns black and I can't tab out/in to the game, annoying when I'm in a mission. It happens when I'm sprinting/sliding so I might be doing something with the shift/ctrl keys.

The text input on the top left makes me think it may be StickyKeys. Check those in your control panel.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Denzine posted:

Fixing the zorenjump would be fine as long as they introduce a rough equivalent to the game. Like another equip with its own slots etc that gives you a ninja boost or whatever.

They would also do well to make melee useful but that may be wishful thinking.

They should give zorencoptering ability to all daggers and dual daggers. Longswords get bullet and melee blocking ability with less blocking percentage when more than one enemy is attacking you. Also upped their damage to be close to dual wield weapons. Bigger weapons hit more targets, hits harder but slower, and not good at blocking.

It's logical if small weapons makes you go faster or at least more agile. Longswords should have more defense while bigger weapons are more offensive.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Broniki posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, if you're running Windows in a different language, this box pops up when pressing ctrl+shift. To disable this(For Win7 at least), go to your Region and Language settings > Keyboards and Languages > "Change Keyboards", then over to the, "Advance Key Settings" tab, then click, "Change Key Sequence", and select, "Not Assigned" for both.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sandweed posted:

How is the ogris after Damage 2.0?

It's more of a bug and hopefully it will be fixed once DE finally fixes crewman helmets being almost invincible, but very often explosions from the Ogris (and Penta) are interpreted as hitting a crewman in the head, so your 1000 damage ends up becoming 80 or something. But there's no apparent consistency so all you can do is keep firing rockets at the random survivors and hope it decides to do full damage.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It's more of a bug and hopefully it will be fixed once DE finally fixes crewman helmets being almost invincible, but very often explosions from the Ogris (and Penta) are interpreted as hitting a crewman in the head, so your 1000 damage ends up becoming 80 or something. But there's no apparent consistency so all you can do is keep firing rockets at the random survivors and hope it decides to do full damage.

I was playing with a pubbie who was using the Penta yesterday, and he kept randomly blowing himself up with it. His explanation was that there's a bug where occasionally the damage gets applied to you, regardless of how far from the explosion you are (I think he said it applies to Thunderbolt, too). Was he correct, or full of poo poo?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

keep firing rockets
Got it chief. :haw:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

hooah posted:

I was playing with a pubbie who was using the Penta yesterday, and he kept randomly blowing himself up with it. His explanation was that there's a bug where occasionally the damage gets applied to you, regardless of how far from the explosion you are (I think he said it applies to Thunderbolt, too). Was he correct, or full of poo poo?

I've noticed it happening to me sometimes, mostly when I don't have host. My thought was that the game wasn't properly tracking the location of the grenade, and it was registering it as being right next to you instead of in its actual location due to lag.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yeah that's accurate. It sometimes happens to me whenever my framerate suddenly tanks or when a mob or player runs in front of me while I'm firing, or if I aim and shoot quickly.

90% of the time it is or can be made a non-issue, but it's a definite drawback.

MrDude
Jun 23, 2011
Someone in this thread said to build the Kestrel because it is one of the most fun weapons in the game. This person was right. You have not truly begun The Warframe Experience until you have thrown a Corpus crewman into the horizon. It feels like a free disabling spell that sits in your melee slot, sorta like heavier weapons' jump attacks knocking enemies down, but at range. Damage is irrelevant (but actually quite nice, at 30 it seemed to be outdamaging my potato'd Strun with maxed out elementals...), just get a maxed out Reflex Coil and abuse the utility against anything that has the slightest chance of downing you. It even gives you the damned polarity for Reflex Coil off the bat, come on now.

Oh, and for whatever reason, putting Blast on it seems to multiply the ragdolling distance by 10x or more. It's not even a damage thing, it seems, since just fire + cold would send enemies flying while Corrupt Charge + Killing Blow would knock them back a few feet despite doing more damage. Again, gently caress the damage, fling enemies to the goddamn moon with Blast.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

So I've been playing this a lot, is there a point where I suddenly break into high damage via weaponry or is it a slow slog up?

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Ohhh, that explains a lot. I've been hearing reports of inconsistent damage like what you describe, and never knew what caused it. Experienced some of it myself, but I just figured it was weird lag behavior.

Re: Penta self-immolation, I can also confirm that it is a thing, and it does seem to have something to do with non-host connection issues. I've blown myself up at times when I was nowhere near an exploding grenade, and this is with my framerate never dropping below 50.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The Duggler posted:

So I've been playing this a lot, is there a point where I suddenly break into high damage via weaponry or is it a slow slog up?

The big thing is having a high-ranked Serration and a maxed Split Chamber. And a potato.

Putting these in a good gun doesn't hurt, but even the best guns don't do much without proper mods.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
So are anti-moas not going to start spawning until the entire Alad event is over? Because we've already cleared off Elara and several other planets and there have been no anti-moa spawns.

Edit: Finally saw one in an exterminate. But they don't seem to be spawning at all in survival on PS4.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 16, 2013

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
These Jupiter exterminate missions have nice rewards but I'm getting real tired of grinding the same mission over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Problems with melee:

No multishot.
You are standing next to 3 disrupters and a toxic, why the gently caress would you do that jesus christ?

There are a lot of work arounds to the second problem. Be Rhino, have a trinity spamming bless. Perma invis. No way to get around the first. They should just jack up the damage on melee weapons by a huge amount, but make normal enemies hella punish trying to melee them. Tune them so they are really good against bosses, but kinda worthless for regular mobs. Guns are already kind of useless against most bosses because they spend 90% of the time invulnerable, so they are already 1/3rd of the way into this idea.

Harrower fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 16, 2013