Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I have the SS/SC and I can't stand the center gauges in the Ion Reline. The Redline looks pretty aweosome in black though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

The Cobalt looks a lot better too.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Shai-Hulud posted:

Nah taillights dont look like that on an Insignia. I'd say Volvo V40.

Ah could be, I'm in the U.S. so I'm not familiar with many of the cars in Europe.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ror posted:

Anyone who was looking at a Cobalt SS should have gone for the supercharged Saturn ION Redline. Same engine, but a higher plastic:power ratio for true performance.

Can't tell if trolling, or serious.. :iiam:

I like the non-Redline Ion coupe body a lot more than the Cobalt coupe body (can't stand the Redline's body kit). And I'm one of the few who actually likes the center cluster, also like the Ion's interior a bit more (at least on my Ion 3, anyway - the 1 and 2 feel a lot cheaper).

The 2.2/NA and 2.4/NA are completely different engines, the 2.4 has a shocking amount of power for what it is. The 2.2 is kind of :flaccid: in comparison. (mine has the 2.2 :saddowns: )

You could get the 2.4 in 06 and 07 on the Ion, but they're pretty rare.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There were 300 different duct tape designs you could have chosen, and you used THAT to fix it?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'd do that just to piss my wife off

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Powershift posted:

There were 300 different duct tape designs you could have chosen, and you used THAT to fix it?

I bet that was done by someone who thinks leopard skin pants are the height of fashion

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Search either Lowes' or HD's sites for duct tape. You'll be horrified.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

roadsalt.jpg

This thing also had a really goofy stance front to back. It looks like bad plastic surgery.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bitchtard posted:

roadsalt.jpg

That loving exhaust. :lol::lol:

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That loving exhaust. :lol::lol:

I am willing to be its like that because there are so many holes in the body the exhaust was leaking in.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Stolen from the schadenfreude thread

Kirk Muscle posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2524659/Fast-Furious-fan-sets-Ford-Focus-ablaze-tribute-Paul-Walker.html

Some dumbass decides to pay tribute to Paul Walker at a boy racer meetup by revving his engine for 20 minutes & unsurprisingly his car bursts into flames in front of a large crowd of people. There's a vid on the article & its schadenfreude at its finest

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Bitchtard posted:

This thing also had a really goofy stance front to back. It looks like bad plastic surgery.

This reminds me of the forester I saw yesterday, but could not get a picture. From the back, the left rear wheel looked to have a similar stance to this thing, but the tire was super skinny. I was very confused until I got along side it and realized that it was the space saver spare tire on the back, that someone had put on backwards, so it was sticking out farther than all the other wheels. I had no idea it was even possible to put the spare on like that, so I was sure to put lots of road between that car and mine waiting for the spare to go flying off the car.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Bitchtard posted:

Considering how terrifying those blazers are to drive stock, I'm surprised how someone thought it was a brighter idea to make them taller.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Octopus Magic posted:

Considering how terrifying those blazers are to drive stock, I'm surprised how someone thought it was a brighter idea to make them taller.

I still think someone just tacked on a blazer body to some frame, everything about it was just wrong.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Octopus Magic posted:

My 95 I had was not bad.....well until that one day I was driving with the cruise control on locked at about 45 then it decided it wanted to hit the governor (which was 99) and not disengage, had the ebrake on full on press of the brakes themselves and it barely got it down to 76 eventually got away from traffic enough to cut off the ignition and coast into a corner shoulder that was right before flying off into a bayou.

Keyed on the thing 20minutes or so after stopping and it instantly red lined, got a tow to the local to the place where I broke down mechanics shop, left it there for the night the next day they drove it around town for a bit and had no issues.

That was an interesting day I must say.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

why

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

If that car was a tennis shoe it'd look pretty sharp.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Bone_Enterprise posted:

Keyed on the thing 20minutes or so after stopping and it instantly red lined, got a tow to the local to the place where I broke down mechanics shop, left it there for the night the next day they drove it around town for a bit and had no issues.

The throttle position sensor in my cherokee got fried from a deep puddle and did this in a more minor way. Wouldn't go below 2500 rpm no matter what and sometimes higher for no reason. I had to drive it out of the woods like that which was interesting and then coast to a stop in neutral. I had to fight the engine with the brakes when we loaded it on a friends trailer as it wanted to go to fast to safely load and wouldn't stop while in gear.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Bone_Enterprise posted:

My 95 I had was not bad.....well until that one day I was driving with the cruise control on locked at about 45 then it decided it wanted to hit the governor (which was 99) and not disengage, had the ebrake on full on press of the brakes themselves and it barely got it down to 76 eventually got away from traffic enough to cut off the ignition and coast into a corner shoulder that was right before flying off into a bayou.

That was an interesting day I must say.

Shifter didn't work? Flipping to neutral and coming to an uneventful stop would have been an easier method..

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

angryhampster posted:

Shifter didn't work? Flipping to neutral and coming to an uneventful stop would have been an easier method..

Let's not kill a good story here.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The hem on those pants are unconscionable.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Uhhh...Speed brake? :v:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

PainterofCrap posted:

Uhhh...Speed brake? :v:

4WD simulator!

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Faux by faux

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

What FWD vehicle has a beefy rear solid axle like that? I don't understand what going on with that thing, but I guess that's why it's in this thread.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Given what looks to be an engine sump overhead, I think that's actually some sort of solid front axle 2WD truck?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Given what looks to be an engine sump overhead, I think that's actually some sort of solid front axle 2WD truck?

But 4wd trucks don't use a front pumpkin, do they? Or do I just know nothing about 4wd truck transmissions?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I'm definitely not an expert on this but if it has a solid front axle I believe it usually will like so:

Galler fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 17, 2013

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Looks like the front axle from a 2wd Jeep Cherokee. It's just a tube with spindles on each end. That's what you get when you tell lazy engineers to convert a 4wd design to 2wd.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Did everyone miss the fact that that's just a plate bolted onto the axle? Like 6 of the bolt holes are unfilled.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
It's a fake diff bolted to a RWD Jeep.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Did everyone miss the fact that that's just a plate bolted onto the axle? Like 6 of the bolt holes are unfilled.

no, that's obvious. I'm just confused as to why.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Probably the same reason there's a market for those turbo noise makers you can stick on cars.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Linedance posted:

no, that's obvious. I'm just confused as to why.

I have to admit after seeing that, that I am now thinking about doing that on my 2WD Cherokee, just for the troll factor.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

este posted:

Faux by faux

:golfclap:

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if this exactly fits the topic but a buddy of mine was bragging on Facebook that he's now slammed his car so much the wheel is sticking out farther than the wheel arch. Seems like a good way to gently caress up the wheel arch of your car, but maybe I'm wrong.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Rolled? Where we're slamming we wont need rolled. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ultra realistic flame paintjob.