Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
We'll just say that Valentine losing all that fat was a Dirty Deed Done Dirt Cheap !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I started the anime three weeks ago, and now I'm halfway through Diamond is Unbreakable and buying anime avatars.

Araki has ruined me, and stolen my dignity.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Pomp posted:

I started the anime three weeks ago, and now I'm halfway through Diamond is Unbreakable and buying anime avatars.

You'll regret it when you get to Part 7 and realize you should've had a Gyro avatar instead.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Pomp posted:

Yeah, I finished part 4 a while ago and loved the hell out of it too. Duwang was a fun town after the scenery changing so many times in Part 3.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Momomo posted:

Yeah, I finished part 4 a while ago and loved the hell out of it too. Duwang was a fun town after the scenery changing so many times in Part 3.

Duwang isn't a setting. It's a state of mind.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarcophallus posted:

You'll regret it when you get to Part 7 and realize you should've had a Gyro avatar instead.

Gyro an Johnny have the best relationship dynamics in all Jojo. They're just such good buddies (extra points to Johnny for being able to stand Gyro's occasional idiocy).

Best villain is still Kira. They guy just wants to have a peaceful life and to enjoy a picnic here and there with his girlfriend.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

trucutru posted:

Gyro an Johnny have the best relationship dynamics in all Jojo. They're just such good buddies (extra points to Johnny for being able to stand Gyro's occasional idiocy).

Best villain is still Kira. They guy just wants to have a peaceful life and to enjoy a picnic here and there with his girlfriend.

It`s funny that despite Kira`s goal of a peaceful life he lost because he was too loud and arrogant. Because when your goal is to remain unknown saying your full name all the time is not the best idea. Seriously he was only caught by Josuke because he could not shut up about how awesome "I Yoshikage Kira" was.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 16, 2013

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Okay now JoJolion, what the gently caress ?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Yeah I also just started reading jojolion, and it's pretty :psyduck: so far.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

legendsuper posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, I think I missed something there...
Valentine looked fat at the beginning of the part, but now he's not anymore ? When did he...

Araki decided to fab him up when he became the main villain.

Can't have an un-fabulous bad guy, now can we?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Jojolion is loving weird.

If Jojo's itself is weird to regular series, then Jojolion is as weird to Jojo's as Jojo's is to other series.

Jojo2. Jojojojo.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
JoJolion makes me realize that Araki realized he's published in a seinen magazine, so he can talk about even more bizarre stuff.
Like balls, dicks, tits.... Sequestrating people, rape ? :smith:
e: Even if he also did that by the end of SBR. Still, the part wasn't based around that

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I just got caught up.

:stonk: JoJoLion is really out there. It's one of my favorite parts so far, though. It's so different, but very interesting and mysterious.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
JoJolion is really weird and it fluctuates depending on whether it's good or bad.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
HEY GUYS

PART 3 poo poo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
OH MY GOD it looks awesome, Polnareff especially.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I was worried about Kakyoin's look, because he's FABULOUS :allears:
He looks fine, so all is good in the best of worlds.

I can't read Japanese, but does that say it's aired at 7 PM ? :aaaaa:

Ledgy fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 17, 2013

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

legendsuper posted:

I can't read Japanese, but does that say it's aired at 7 PM ? :aaaaa:

Far as I can tell, it's talking about the start time for the special Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency marathons they're doing over New Years.

God, Polnareff, your face is just so perfect in that headshot.

Ketchupface
Aug 1, 2010
Joseph's eyes are like half the width of every other character's eyes, and it's weirding me out.

I was expecting the worst when the only thing we had to go by was that awful promotional shot of Jotaro, but this is making me feel a lot better. It's like the perfect update of part 3's style, especially Jotaro and Kakyoin. I'm hyped.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I just love that expression on Kakyoin's face whenever it appears. :allears:

This is going to be so great. I wonder if they'll leave out any trivial enemies, like the OVA did? They must adapt Oingo and Boingo, at least. Speaking of the OVA, I hope the voices are at least similar. If it did anything other then the final battle right, it was the voice acting.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 8, 2014

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I hope they crudely animate some of the Oingo Boingo comics pages. I know they're static comic pages, but still.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
I'll bet the voice actors will be the same from ASB. Not really a fan of ASB's Polnareff or Oingo & Boingo, but everybody else sounds perfect.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't really care for Sugita's Old Joseph, but if they keep Suwabe as Gamer then everything will be just A OK.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
What I like most about those designs is that Joseph actually looks like an older version of himself. Previous versions of older Joseph felt like different people, for whatever reason.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

HEY GUYS

PART 3 poo poo

Bigger scan :woop:

They really nailed the style for Pt.3, the designs look straight out of the manga.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

El Belmondo posted:

Bigger scan :woop:

They really nailed the style for Pt.3, the designs look straight out of the manga.

Those full-body poses lack fabulousness, but I am sure that won't be a problem in the show itself. Again, after part1, part3 is the least fabulous of them all (If you don't count Dio)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The full body shots are probably just from the character design sheets, which usually use neutral poses to show the basics of how a character looks, along with a few headshots in various expressions. Fancying it up with a Jojopose would complicate matters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That being said, Avdol's totally got his "YES I AM" pose going on there. I can't say I really care for Jotaro's outfit being black, but that's such a small detail it doesn't really effect anything.

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp
Kakyoin looks a little too mature with his big chin but other than that pretty great.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I don't really care for Sugita's Old Joseph, but if they keep Suwabe as Gamer then everything will be just A OK.

You really should hear his "Ohhhh nooooo! :smith:" when he misses with his GHA in All Star Battle. You just can't hate that guy...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tobaccrow posted:

You really should hear his "Ohhhh nooooo! :smith:" when he misses with his GHA in All Star Battle. You just can't hate that guy...

His theme song in All Star Battle is even called "Can't hate the Old Guy."

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sex_Ferguson posted:

That being said, Avdol's totally got his "YES I AM" pose going on there. I can't say I really care for Jotaro's outfit being black, but that's such a small detail it doesn't really effect anything.

If David are gonna stick to their guns I think that we're gonna see Jotaro's outfit in every colour imaginable, so I'm not that concerned.

Also those designs are mostly hella sweet, but what's up with Kakyoin's face? It looks stretched out somehow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cerebral Bore posted:

If David are gonna stick to their guns I think that we're gonna see Jotaro's outfit in every colour imaginable, so I'm not that concerned.

Oh no, I'm not doubting David at all on pulling that again, it was a loving genius way to pay homage to Araki's coloring style. It just feels weird for Jotaro to be the character with the most consistent colors (Like he's blue in so much stuff) and he's gotten it changed for the anime, although I don't mind too much.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Oh no, I'm not doubting David at all on pulling that again, it was a loving genius way to pay homage to Araki's coloring style. It just feels weird for Jotaro to be the character with the most consistent colors (Like he's blue in so much stuff) and he's gotten it changed for the anime, although I don't mind too much.
Maybe he'll get the blue one after the Wheel of Fortune fight.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Perigryn posted:

Maybe he'll get the blue one after the Wheel of Fortune fight.

Jotaro and the technicolored coat.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Sex_Ferguson posted:

That being said, Avdol's totally got his "YES I AM" pose going on there.

I can already hear the tch tch :tinfoil:

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp
The real question is if Iggy will look actually cute or be an ugly mutt like in the OVA.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

ADullMin posted:

The real question is if Iggy will look actually cute or be an ugly mutt like in the OVA.

I hope it just progresses the same way it did in the manga where Iggy just looks different later just because.

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp
I hope they get that one Iggy pannel where he is exceptionally disgusting while he chews his coffy flavored gum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ADullMin posted:

Both is the only acceptable answer. Ugly Iggy can be done cutely, too, and I'd be disappointed if they went one way over the other.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 18, 2013

• Locked thread