Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
Rule One of the fantasy genre: if there's not a body, they're not dead.

Really though that whole sequence didn't make a lot of sense to me. Why was the dagger required, and why did both of them have to get shanked? I don't remember their lives being magically tied or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

foxatee posted:

Ahhhh! Next season! :supaburn:

Well, not really. More like a couple of months. I'm wondering what's supposed to take OUaT's place at 8 Eastern on Sundays.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
I accidently over-psyched myself with that one year later jump. I was certain they were gonna have Pinochio show up and be all "We have to go back!" Was very disappointed to see it was just Hook.

I'm also on board for your riot now, 3 months til the next episode?!

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
WE HAVE TO GO BACKKKKKK

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just realized, when Pan and Henry switched bodies, shouldn't they have switched accents as well?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Pan was awesome. Best villain by far.

Looks like there's going to be another season. I wonder if the writers wrote this episode the way they did because they weren't sure.

nelson fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 16, 2013

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

It sure felt series finale-ish.

Was the Blue Fairy playing possum or something? "Sorry guys, I was pretending to be dead because I didn't really want to use my magical powers to help you in any way".

I did not understand why Neil had to leave. He didn't arrive with the curse.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ashez2ashes posted:

Was the Blue Fairy playing possum or something? "Sorry guys, I was pretending to be dead because I didn't really want to use my magical powers to help you in any way".

He was born there.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

bobkatt013 posted:

He was born there.

So was Emma. I didn't quite understand that either. He had nothing to go back to. Assuming Rumple is really dead. Which I loving goddamn refuse to believe.

In fact when Emma got the knock at the door I was like "please be Rumple, please be Rumple" and was pretty disappointed when it was Hook (even though I think Hook is awesome).

I really want to know how the series is gonna go now? I mean there must be a way to reverse all that right? I don't know if I can deal with a whole new set of episode where Emma doesn't believe in the fairy tale stuff. And if Rumple is actually dead I swear to god :argh:

FamDav posted:

WE HAVE TO GO BACKKKKKK

Haha now I'm so disappointed that Hook didn't say that. When the One Year Later scene started I was like "this feels like a Lost scene" right down to the 8:15 on the alarm clock. Hook saying "We have to go back!" would have been perfection

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Macaluso posted:

So was Emma. I didn't quite understand that either. He had nothing to go back to. Assuming Rumple is really dead. Which I loving goddamn refuse to believe.

Emma was sent through the cabinet protecting her from the curse.

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I think Neal had to go back because he was born in The Enchanted Forest but Emma had a choice because she was the Savior. She could have gone back with everyone but she wanted to stay with Henry.

Goodbye Peter Pan, you were the best villain One Upon a Time had.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Emma was sent through the cabinet protecting her from the curse.

And Neil was sent through a portal hundreds of years before the curse. I guess the Savoir thing makes some sense though.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Macaluso posted:

And Neil was sent through a portal hundreds of years before the curse. I guess the Savoir thing makes some sense though.
Yep, my studies in fairytaleology lead me to believe Neal didn't have to go back. He definitely wasn't part of the curse. Maybe everyone just forgot. David: "Hey Neal, I just thought of something! If you cross..." *green smoke* "Hi! I'm Prince Charming, who are you?"

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Given a few things from the Wonderland series, it seems that the Darlings might be from NOT normal Earth, and actually from a perpetually old-time London place, suggesting that Neil might not have spent hundreds of years in Neverland (and making the timeline make a little more sense, maybe).

That said, I haven't seen the latest episode, so I don't know if that was specifically discounted.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Merlinicus posted:

Given a few things from the Wonderland series, it seems that the Darlings might be from NOT normal Earth, and actually from a perpetually old-time London place, suggesting that Neil might not have spent hundreds of years in Neverland (and making the timeline make a little more sense, maybe).

That said, I haven't seen the latest episode, so I don't know if that was specifically discounted.

Ya know I wondered about that but I don't watch the Wonderland series. So if that's the case I'm actually pretty happy to hear that because I'm not a big fan of Wendy and her brothers being from regular earth instead of from a fairy tale land of some sort. Also wasn't a huge fan of the dude who just had a bottle of magic for some unknown reason but I can accept that more than the Darlings thing for some reason.

Also a lot of people seem to be endorsing the Wonderland spinoff, maybe I should give that a shot.

nelson posted:

Yep, my studies in fairytaleology lead me to believe Neal didn't have to go back. He definitely wasn't part of the curse. Maybe everyone just forgot. David: "Hey Neal, I just thought of something! If you cross..." *green smoke* "Hi! I'm Prince Charming, who are you?"

I'd be okay with this being the first scene we see next episode

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Surely Hook, Tinkerbell, Ariel and Neal all could have left Storybrook with no repercussions? So I assume Mulan, Aurora, Prince Phillip & Robin Hood will all be unaffected when everyone reappears?

I really hope that isn't the end of Storybrook, I really loved the location.

Still, it was a great episode, felt much more like a series finale.

Macaluso posted:

Hook saying "We have to go back!" would have been perfection

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ashez2ashes posted:

Blue's shadow got returned (not properly 'dead' I suppose) so Pan's shadow dying caused hers to return to her body I guess. But then that means LOL Greg is alive in a rotten body in Neverland. Now I want to see Zombie Greg.

It really felt like a series finale in a sense and honestly if you told me that was it and you cut out the WE HAVE TO GO BACK epilogue I would've believed you. But I guess the writers realized that Storybrooke had served its purpose in the story in S1 and was what was dragging it down in the second half of S2, so they decided to just throw it out, so props on them if that's the case. Plus the whole Rumple/Pan "death" scene was so goddamn vague and ambiguous (did he make his father the new dark one then? or is it a loophole because the one who wants to take the position has to stab him so :psyduck:) that Rumple is definitely coming back no matter what. But I guess everyone from the Enchanted Forest remembered their time in Storybrooke so stuff like ridiculously over-the-top Evil Regina will only live in flashbacks.

Also LOL at Hook getting his answer, Emma didn't love him as much as he thought he did (or her artificial memories getting in the way the same way cursed Snow and Charming didn't suddenly fix the curse)

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

"Hey, mom; who was at the door?"

"Oh, no one. Some insane man with a hook for a hand tried to sexually assault me, but I closed the door. I'm sure he'll let himself out. Let's eat!"

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Aaaaag why do we have to wait till March? :argh:

I think the book is going to end up in Henry's hands again. Maybe the stories will be altered to include Storybrooke?

E: I'll prob watch Wonderland in the meantime to get a partial fix (and be up to date on any potential crossovers).

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

fork bomb posted:

Aaaaag why do we have to wait till March? :argh:

I think the book is going to end up in Henry's hands again. Maybe the stories will be altered to include Storybrooke?

E: I'll prob watch Wonderland in the meantime to get a partial fix (and be up to date on any potential crossovers).

Apparently Wonderland isn't returning until March 6th. Contains mild spoilers for the last Wonderland episode.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Xealot posted:

"Hey, mom; who was at the door?"

"Oh, no one. Some insane man with a hook for a hand tried to sexually assault me, but I closed the door. I'm sure he'll let himself out. Let's eat!"

Emma is (presumably) still a bail bondswoman who lives in New York City. She deals with weirder poo poo than that all the time.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Those last few scenes were so sad. Season 3 has really rebounded from the lows of the second half of season 2.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

You guys, I'm pretty upset right now. :( that was pretty emotional...

Did anyone notice what time Emma's alarm went off?

:lost:

Ela
Jan 10, 2011
That was incredibly emotional! I shed a tear even.

I'm glad Storybrooke is gone, I agree it was kinda dragging the show down a bit (even though it still worked well). I'm looking forward to some present day events in the enchanted forest and other such lands now.

Will Pinocchio go back to being wooden? Coz if they stay as they are with their memories intact etc but literally just move lands, then he could just stay as a kid? Curious..

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Kiss. KIIIIISSSS!!!!

:aaaaa:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I really enjoyed Emma's 'memory' scenes. I'd have to watch again to make sure but it seemed like the original memories of giving up Henry were lit very harshly with blue. Then the 'new curse' memory was done with a soft orange, and I half wanted Emma to recognize the trick and balk at it.

I never watched Lost (and from what I've heard this continues to be the correct decision) but the past few episodes have been good at getting pointless poo poo out of the way without much verbiage. Charming stuck? Drink this. Pan's Shadow? Fly up, grab it. Black wand? Here you go, have fun stormin' the castle!

So I'm not too worried they'll blow half a season on Doubtful Emma again.

Love it.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
I'm confused on the distinction between "never happened" and "no one will remember this happened."

If it literally never happened, wouldn't that mean that all of the character development is just gone, people that died come back, etc? That's confusing, so I assume that isn't the case.

If no one remembers, Regina hates everyone and vice versa.

And random Hook with memory. It will be interesting to see how this plays out when it starts up again, to say the least.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

You'd think Emma showing up with the kid she gave up for adoption while his legal mother is nowhere to be found would cause some trouble with authorities... :black101:

Merlinicus posted:

I'm confused on the distinction between "never happened" and "no one will remember this happened."

If it literally never happened, wouldn't that mean that all of the character development is just gone, people that died come back, etc? That's confusing, so I assume that isn't the case.

If no one remembers, Regina hates everyone and vice versa.

And random Hook with memory. It will be interesting to see how this plays out when it starts up again, to say the least.

I might misremember but I think everyone but Emma and Henry just get put where they came from with their memories still intact. Regina not remembering Henry would lessen her sacrifice considerably so for the narrative it makes sense for her to remember.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
what the actual gently caress

foxatee posted:

EVERYBODY RIOT!

I am 100% down with this. Kitsis and Horowitz better have some drat ANSWERS come March.

edit: Although I think what is meant by "it will never have existed" only applies towards our world, not the Enchanted Forest. Those years have to have gone somewhere, right?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

There is no way that he is dead. He is the reason anyone watches the show.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Avalerion posted:

You'd think Emma showing up with the kid she gave up for adoption while his legal mother is nowhere to be found would cause some trouble with authorities... :black101:

"Authorities" don't question that kind of stuff. If a woman says it's her kid and the kid says she's his mom, people tend to believe it.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Everyone born in the Enchanted Forest has to go back to the Enchanted Forest. It doesn't matter when or how they came to Storybrooke. Emma is the exception because she's the savior. Somehow that creates a loophole for her.

Emma and Henry forget everything however everyone else keeps their memories intact.

Storybrooke is gone and it's as if it never existed. I'm guess it's just a forest there now.

The Blue Fairy came back to life because Pans shadow was destroyed and it released her shadow, which it had stolen, back to her body.

They explained all that pretty point blank. The only thing that doesn't make sense is Rumple, who is totally not dead, having to stab his father to kill himself which kills Pan?

I got spoiled on the Black Fairy and it's going to be awesome! If you hadn't heard and want to be spoiled too: It's a twist on the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz played by the hot red head from Lost whose name I can't remember. The one that came with the research/rescue team.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

KilGrey posted:

I got spoiled on the Black Fairy and it's going to be awesome! If you hadn't heard and want to be spoiled too: It's a twist on the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz played by the hot red head from Lost whose name I can't remember. The one that came with the research/rescue team.
Oh nice maybe this time Rebecca Mader won't immediately be written off in less than two episodes like every other guest role she has had that I can remember..

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.
Huh, having never watched Lost that final scene to me sounded like "We have to go back! It's your kidsparents MartyEmma!"

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

KilGrey posted:

Emma and Henry forget everything however everyone else keeps their memories intact.

I hope to heck this is the case because Regina's full circle of undoing the curse was just the icing on the cake of a wonderful season 3 for her, and if all that growth was lost I would be pissed.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Tupping Liberty posted:

I hope to heck this is the case because Regina's full circle of undoing the curse was just the icing on the cake of a wonderful season 3 for her, and if all that growth was lost I would be pissed.

Regina said it was the case when explaining to Emma how she and Henry would lose their memories. I really hope the first we see of them in the Enchanted Forest is all of them working together, Regina as one of them. She and Snow have more in common now than ever.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
So who exactly should Emma believe Henry's father to be at this point? If Neil never existed then Henry is now Jesus.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Inspector 34 posted:

So who exactly should Emma believe Henry's father to be at this point? If Neil never existed then Henry is now Jesus.

Maybe Regina replaced her memories of the Neil road trip with a series of drunken one-night stands.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
No wonder she didn't want him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Inspector 34 posted:

Neil. I don't think Regina was saying Emma's memories are all fabrication, just those designed to handle discrepancies in the timeline now that she's always been Henry's guardian.

Presumably, she still had a relationship with Neil that ended with her going to jail. Only now, Neil is just some random scumbag who abandoned her, who Henry has never met and Emma hasn't seen since.

How *would* the real world documentation for Henry work, though? All official channels would confirm he was put up for a blind adoption, and is named Henry Mills, wouldn't they? I mean, genetic testing would confirm he's Emma's son, but that'd be a weird case. Regina Mills vanishing 10 years earlier, around the time Emma got out of prison, would be very suspicious indeed...

• Locked thread