Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Captain Matchbox posted:

God bless the WACA

Last test best test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
gently caress you Cricket Australia with your poo poo website.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Test Cricket Best Cricket

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Really...

Outside leg surely

\/ not for me :(

Crawfoot
Oct 21, 2010

Black and Blue

V for Vegas posted:

gently caress you Cricket Australia with your poo poo website.

It's up again!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
poo poo review, continue comedy of the day

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Reminder that the ABC scoreboard has audio clips of the wickets.

E: err it used to.

E2: the days play blog does.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
That was a bit of a waste, oh well.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

-Spiffy- posted:

Reminder that the ABC scoreboard has audio clips of the wickets.

E: err it used to.

E2: the days play blog does.

Link to the blog? Cant find it on the grandstand website.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Cook's first golden duck.

100th test is good a time to get it as any.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Sorry its the mobile site but its on the front page of ABC.net.au/news/sport

http://scribblelive.mobi/Event/Third_Ashes_Test_Day_Four_in_Perth?Theme=10699&lang=en

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Crawfoot posted:

It's up again!

The ABC audio stream has been up for me the entire time :confused:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

webmeister posted:

The ABC audio stream has been up for me the entire time :confused:

same.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Think it was the page hosting the stream rather than the stream itself.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Their FX microphones are picking up a lot of the on-field sledging as well which is pretty funny

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Lyon after only 6 overs??? Does Clarke have a few bucks on England lasting till tomorrow or something?

Edit : Still one hell of a session. Had it all!

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 16, 2013

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
That was an incredible session, all the way through.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

Cat Terrist posted:

Lyon after only 6 overs??? Does Clarke have a few bucks on England lasting till tomorrow or something?

Edit : Still one hell of a session. Had it all!

There was in interview with Johnson the other week where he said he has improved because he only has to bowl short spells now.

Might have something to do with that, maybe.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This has been such a drubbing it has extended back in time and retrospectively awarded Australia victory in the last series. Commentary like Boycott's are just about how Australia fought well in England and, despite some bad luck, the Aussies had a moral (and morale) victory, setting them up ready to win this series.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

V for Vegas posted:

This has been such a drubbing it has extended back in time and retrospectively awarded Australia victory in the last series. Commentary like Boycott's are just about how Australia fought well in England and, despite some bad luck, the Aussies had a moral (and morale) victory, setting them up ready to win this series.

Well because Broad cheated you see, and furthermore

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

From Cricinfo commentary:

quote:

It can't get much worse but England keep finding new ways to fail. Join us again in half an hour to see what they come up with.

:laugh:

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
audio clip from the ABC - Aggers "Goodbye to our Western Australia regional listeners and goodbye to the Ashes"

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

This is absolutely perfect

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

MaoistBanker posted:

Newb question: How close has someone come to a 36-run over?

The conversation this started has to be some kind of Spoonboy.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

So is Leg Byes going to be the highest scorer for the English team this innings?

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Just came back to my desk after a wander, turned on TMS, and turned up the volume on my computer. It was Agnew and Boycott commentating, but with the saddest, etherial music playing in the background. It felt like an elegy, like a memorial for English cricket, and I felt quite sad. We hadn't lost already? Were we still on lunch, and they were lamenting the death (again) of English cricket?

Turns out I'd left a Sigur Ros album playing on my iTunes. One I'd not heard before, so didn't recognise.

I've left it playing. :smith:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao you should email that to the guardian over by over guy, he would publish it definitely.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The pitch really is misbehaving now.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

-Spiffy- posted:

Think it was the page hosting the stream rather than the stream itself.

I closed the page and now it won't reload after lunch. If you are going to make everyone who wants an online audio stream use your lovely website you'd think you'd arrange for enough bandwidth so that it didn't crash under the weight of all the listeners. Death to Cricket Australia.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I'd put money on the media server having shitloads of overhead and the page with the mp3 players running on an old 486.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Also just from TMS, someone said that if we get to 86 in this innings, then we will be less that 1000 runs behind Australia for the series. So there's that. :unsmith:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

gay picnic defence posted:

I closed the page and now it won't reload after lunch. If you are going to make everyone who wants an online audio stream use your lovely website you'd think you'd arrange for enough bandwidth so that it didn't crash under the weight of all the listeners. Death to Cricket Australia.

The app is less poo poo than it was. I've been using it all weekend.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

-Spiffy- posted:

Lmao you should email that to the guardian over by over guy, he would publish it definitely.

He did.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Ha, poo poo - did he?! That's going on the CV - published sport commentator.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Mootallica posted:

Recorded off screen with a mobile, but better than nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksEY51zv01M

Haha Bell loves Bresnan so much now

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

MacDougall posted:

Haha Bell loves Bresnan so much now

Watson reminds me of that bloke who plays Castle in that Castle tv show.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Next Ashes series is in 18 months :stare:

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

If I see anywhere on social media, internet forums or another dumb news article that creates a hilarious sentence by combining the English players surnames I am going to loving flip out

and then he JOHNSON'D COOK-CLARKE up his CARBERRY ROOT

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

How about this then?
http://boysandmitchell.tumblr.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Haha owns.

• Locked thread