Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
So I'm tossing Requiem in favor of trying something new ala SkyRe + Morrowloot + Skyrim Unbound. ReProccer is amazing.

Anyway, haven't really played SkyRe at all yet, how's the base combat module? Can I just use that?

The one thing I liked from Requiem was Dragons being deadly and rare'ish, whats the preferred alternative to accomplish the same thing (I'm aware of the 'big 3', but not sure which are up-to-date etc.)?

Lastly, is there a patch for Morrowloot 4 + SkyRe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Having a little problem with SPERG. I just bashed open a lock and my follower decided to attack me. I had this happen once before, but I was alone so I just got a bounty. Any way to fix this?

I also think I might be having a problem with ASIS and Deadly Dragons not working well together. I seem to be getting more dragon spawns than I should. There were two at Shearpoint and three at Bonestrewn Crest. Deadly Dragons is in the list of exceptions in the ASIS ini file, so I don't know why this is happening. It probably wouldn't be a problem with vanilla dragons, but three Deadly dragons at a time is ridiculous.

IoCaster
Feb 19, 2011

Praetorian Mage posted:

Having a little problem with SPERG. I just bashed open a lock and my follower decided to attack me. I had this happen once before, but I was alone so I just got a bounty. Any way to fix this?

That doesn't sound like it's mod related. Is your follower a member of the hold faction for wherever you happened to be when you broke the lock? Most of the vanilla followers are set to no crimes/criminal behavior.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

IoCaster posted:

That doesn't sound like it's mod related. Is your follower a member of the hold faction for wherever you happened to be when you broke the lock? Most of the vanilla followers are set to no crimes/criminal behavior.

I'm playing through Helgen Reborn, doing the quests where you have to take the new city guard recruits out to random dungeons. I was with the Khajiit guy in Harmugstahl. I think you find that guy in Solitude, so if he belongs to any hold faction, it should be either Haafingar or Falkreath, and the lock I broke was in the Reach. I also broke another lock in the same dungeon without him turning on me.
Also, when I got a bounty after bashing the lock, that was in Falskaar. But I'm pretty sure I bashed other Falskaar locks with no problems. It seems to be pretty random.

If this is just inter-mod wackiness, I can deal with that. It's no problem to just console-unlock something if I have to. I'd just like to know.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The followers from the mod might be set to no crime whatsoever. That could be the problem.

IoCaster
Feb 19, 2011

Praetorian Mage posted:

I'm playing through Helgen Reborn, doing the quests where you have to take the new city guard recruits out to random dungeons. I was with the Khajiit guy in Harmugstahl. I think you find that guy in Solitude, so if he belongs to any hold faction, it should be either Haafingar or Falkreath, and the lock I broke was in the Reach. I also broke another lock in the same dungeon without him turning on me.
Also, when I got a bounty after bashing the lock, that was in Falskaar. But I'm pretty sure I bashed other Falskaar locks with no problems. It seems to be pretty random.

If this is just inter-mod wackiness, I can deal with that. It's no problem to just console-unlock something if I have to. I'd just like to know.

That does sound weird, but it may be a combo of factors with a follower set to no crime, trespassing and possible theft on your part. Any one by itself may not get a response but if they start to stack it becomes an issue. Or yeah, maybe it is just mod wackiness as you say. *shrug*

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

Raygereio posted:

You can try the SKSE function for this. Go to Skyrim/Data/SKSE and create a SKSE.ini file if there isn't one with this setting:
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

This worked perfectly, thanks a lot.

And for another question. Is SPERG compatible with combat mods like Duel? I'd like to get something to shake up Skyrim's combat a little as its getting a bit dull, but I don't want to give up SPERG.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Is it just me or is Skyrim Unbound plus Immersive Creatures a dangerous combination (in-game, that is)? I started as a hunter on some mountain and as soon as I wander away from the campsite a mechanical dragon appears and devours me pretty much instantly. Is this just par for the course with alternate start mods or do I have something set up wrong?

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
That's pretty much par for the course with Immersive Creatures. It adds all sorts of dangerous stuff all over the place. Your hunter start probably just put you near one by fluke.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

IoCaster posted:

That does sound weird, but it may be a combo of factors with a follower set to no crime, trespassing and possible theft on your part. Any one by itself may not get a response but if they start to stack it becomes an issue. Or yeah, maybe it is just mod wackiness as you say. *shrug*

Scyantific posted:

The followers from the mod might be set to no crime whatsoever. That could be the problem.

It still seems pretty random, so I don't know if it's a simple answer. It's not really a big deal in any case, as I hardly ever use followers anyway unless they're mandatory.

The Immersive Creatures talk reminded me of something else. I've encountered a couple of Draman, and they never seemed to do anything. They float around like vampire lords but don't attack. Anyone else noticed this?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Is anyone else using resplendent racials alongside SPERG? The race mod gives my khajit a bunch of bonus claw damage and some special abilities while sperg gives me some "fist" weapons to hold so that my unarmed attacks can utilize one-handed perks and bonuses.

So I'm trying to figure out if I should be fighting completely unarmed or using the "fist" weapons. Not sure if sperg even messes with the basic unarmed attack scores (ex: the increase in unarmed through the pickpocket skill) and I don't know where to look to find out. Does any of this make sense?

Mage Ham
Apr 28, 2010
Hello, modding thread!
After being out of the game for a considerable period, I'm now getting back into the swing of things with a drastically stripped-down setup, focusing on gameplay with a minimum of persnickety texture mods (although I am using both AMB and SweetFX).

Overall, it's going great- my framerate is more stable than it's ever been. However, I'm having two specific issues.

First: SMIM is only partially operational. Some items, like lanterns, clearly display their SMIM-enhanced forms, while others (like those damned ropes) look precisely, damningly identical to the 'before' screenshots. SMIM is loaded after every other mod that deals with textures/meshes, and I'm not using any mods (like better dynamic snow, last I checked) that conflict with it that I know of.

Second: I'm randomly getting increases to my armor skills as I walk around the world (i.e. not when I'm taking damage).
I'm certain it's not SPERG quest-completion points (an early theory), both because it's consistently armor skill, and because I...haven't completed any quests.
My working theory is that it's somehow related to Frostfall, but since I'm not actually taking any damage from exposure, I'm really not certain. I'm not that familiar with the mod, as it's my first time trying it out.

As these are the only two flies in the ointment, I'm hoping somebody can solve it. As an assist, here's my left and right MO panes:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Uh, does anyone know why Bandit Plunderers are spawning when my character is only level 4? It's mathematically impossible for me to beat mobs intended for level 20+ characters. I'm not using anything that tampers with the level lists, so :psyduck:

futile
May 18, 2009

Mage Ham posted:

As these are the only two flies in the ointment, I'm hoping somebody can solve it. As an assist, here's my left and right MO panes:
Why are all of your mods missing the install date/version thing? Did you install them manually or NMM migrate or something? There's really no reason SMIM shouldn't work. Try to just download and reinstall it. As for your armor xp that's a SPERG feature to give xp to the armor you're wearing as you walk around. You can configure it in the MCM.

poptart_fairy posted:

Uh, does anyone know why Bandit Plunderers are spawning when my character is only level 4? It's mathematically impossible for me to beat mobs intended for level 20+ characters. I'm not using anything that tampers with the level lists, so :psyduck:
Where are they spawning?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mage Ham:
The armor leveling is a SPERG feature. You'll automatically gain increases in your armor skill as you're walk around. Think of it like leveling Oblivion's Athletics skill. It happens naturally

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

What's your difficulty setting? I had a Dragur Deathlord spawn at the end of Bleak Falls Barrow when I was around level 5 on Legendary. :smithicide:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just playing on Normal at the moment.

futile posted:

Where are they spawning?

In the mines near that first town. :v:

A restart fixed it but good grief that was weird - if it kicked in after a couple dozen hours I'd be pissed.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mod...review%3D&pUp=1

Looking forward to seeing this crash and burn!

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Dongicus posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mod...review%3D&pUp=1

Looking forward to seeing this crash and burn!

:psyduck: These screenshots look like someone gave MC Escher the creation kit.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

kedo posted:

:psyduck: These screenshots look like someone gave MC Escher the creation kit.
Escher's stuff didn't look anywhere near that soulless. This is more like the landscape equivalent of the anime-faced nude mods.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

LtSmash posted:

Use MO. Really.

It doesn't keep an unzipped library, it just doesn't install mods into Skyrim/data but their own MO/Mods/<mod name>/ folder. It then uses black magic to turn all of those into the /data/ folder skyrim sees. Wrye bash and nmm and anything else just spray all of a mod's files into /data/ when you install them. The only way a MO install will take up more room than a wrye install is if you have tons of conflicting files that would get overwritten as wrye installs the mods.

I'm taking the plunge and ditching Wrye and using Mod Organizer (though Wrye of course still makes a bashed patch). So far it's proving easier to use than NMM and Wrye, and it's fast.

I'm now trying to setup the Texture Pack Combiner, but it breaks if you don't use very specific, usually older versions of many mods. Is there a poor man's guide such as, "Here's a bunch of texture packs. Just give them this precedence order and things won't look terrible."?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Scyantific posted:

The default followers are amazingly inconsistent and weird wrt not only to crime tolerance but their combat packages and leveling as well. I basically went through all of them in the CK and ironed things out myself; that combined with Extensible Follower Framework has made things much less arbitrary and frustrating.

Mage Ham
Apr 28, 2010

futile posted:

Why are all of your mods missing the install date/version thing? Did you install them manually or NMM migrate or something? There's really no reason SMIM shouldn't work. Try to just download and reinstall it. As for your armor xp that's a SPERG feature to give xp to the armor you're wearing as you walk around. You can configure it in the MCM.
I've never used NMM; all of my mods were downloaded from Nexus, renamed (to be as clear and concise as possible), then installed using the MO install dialogue.
Am I mistaken, however, or do they indeed have install dates and (in some cases) version numbers in the left pane? They certainly seem to- i.e. 3.1 for COT, 4.1 for SKYUI, etc. although some only have install dates- those little calender icons, there.

As to SMIM, the issues is that it mostly IS working. I have better lanterns, a barrel-opening animation, etc.; I haven't checked every single thing it changes (since it changes a lot and I want things sorted out before I go wandering too far) but thus far it seems like just the ropes aren't working. I'm going to try re-installing it using a custom install rather than the default 'install everything' and specifically enabling 3d Ropes, so we'll see if that helps.

Aha! So that's what that is. As long as it's working as intended that's actually a great feature. SPERG truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Scyantific posted:

Mage Ham:
The armor leveling is a SPERG feature. You'll automatically gain increases in your armor skill as you're walk around. Think of it like leveling Oblivion's Athletics skill. It happens naturally
That's excellent, then! No longer will leveling armor be a huge pain in the rear end.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Are there any mods out there that allow you to create a folder structure for your save games... in game? The current save organization system is retardedly lazy and makes even keeping up with one character's antics a huge pain, much less anything more complicated than that.

Ideally, it would be awesome if you could arrange characters and their save games like this:

code:
-Mains
   -Mage
     -save1.sav
     -save2.sav
   -Thief
     -save1.sav
     -save2.sav
-Gimmicks
   -KillAllNPCsOnSight
     -save1.sav
     -save2.sav
   -NeverEnterTownsEver
     -save1.sav
-Cheater
   -GodModeMaxStatsLizardWizard
     -save1.sav
...and so on. Does anything like that exist?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 16, 2013

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Mod Organizer profiles can be used to separate characters, but you have to re-launch to access characters on different profiles.

How do I move Bashed Patch, 0.esp to its own mod? I need to keep separate versions for separate profiles. For some reason it's being made in the Skyrim Data directory rather than in the MO overwrite directory (I just reinstalled and last time it was definitely in the overwrite directory, I dunno what's different).

Can I just put Data\Bashed Patch, 0.esp in a zip and delete it from the Data directory?

edit: this seems to be working but I have to copy&replace into the correct "Bashed Patch" mod every time I rebuild the patch. If there's a simpler way I'm keen to know.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 16, 2013

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Theoretically you can set up MO to make mod profiles, and it will migrate your saves into directories tied to that particular profile. I've tried it, but unfortunately in practice it seems hit or miss; it seemed to launch the intended profile about half the time I intended it to.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

What do you mean "intended profile"? Can you set it as a command line option somehow? I only use the dropdown and (while I've only been using it a bit over a week) it's never launched a different profile than the one I have selected so far.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Does anything like that exist?
No, there isn't. And even if the save & load menus can be accessed, given how much of a giant pain the flash-based UI in Skyrim is to mod, I doubt anyone is even concidering making something like it.

I believe Mod Organizer does allow you to keep seperate saves for different profiles. That should make it more easy to keep track of multiple characters.
Also if you want to save for specific antics, you can also save via the console command Save "<name>". When using the "save" command, be carefull not to add a "1" parameter after the name. That will make the game write a debug dump alongside the save file, which is a function that appears to be somewhat broken in this engine because it can make the game freeze for up to 30 minutes.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

kaschei posted:

What do you mean "intended profile"? Can you set it as a command line option somehow? I only use the dropdown and (while I've only been using it a bit over a week) it's never launched a different profile than the one I have selected so far.

I don't launch from the dropdown because it closes MO, and it won't let me change SKSE's shortcut to not close MO when it's executed, so I made a shortcut to SKSE that fires independently of MO's window. The drawback is that the shortcut never seems to have a clear grip on which profile I want to launch.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

The Mad Archivist posted:

I don't launch from the dropdown because it closes MO, and it won't let me change SKSE's shortcut to not close MO when it's executed, so I made a shortcut to SKSE that fires independently of MO's window. The drawback is that the shortcut never seems to have a clear grip on which profile I want to launch.

Uncheck the Close MO on launch button in the skse executable setting then click modify?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LtSmash posted:

Uncheck the Close MO on launch button in the skse executable setting then click modify?

I tried that and it never takes. v:confused:v

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

I've found you have to untick then click modify and then OK. If you play full screen it's probably a bad idea to leave it running in the background. MO stupidly grabs focus (minimizing Skyrim) when the little error overlay message pops up.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Xik posted:

I've found you have to untick then click modify and then OK. If you play full screen it's probably a bad idea to leave it running in the background. MO stupidly grabs focus (minimizing Skyrim) when the little error overlay message pops up.

Just run it in borderless windows?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

I tried that and it never takes. v:confused:v

Make sure you click "Save" "Modify" or "OK" or whatever after you change it.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

The Iron Rose posted:

Just run it in borderless windows?

I'll just continue to have MO set to close when launching Skyrim. I haven't found a reason to keep the application running once Skyrim has launched. It's probably a bug though for MO to grab focus on non-critical errors, either that or a poor design decision I guess.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Since the last throwing weapons mod broke my character, I've restarted my Simon Belmont gimmick for going through Dawnguard, and right as I started I found the combat cross mod that tosses in whips from Castlevania too! Does anyone else have it and do they know if the perks for swords are what I need to level to increase their damage? It says in the description that its really just a sword with an invisible blade but want to make sure first.

Also, I am so glad that the game supplies all the armor I need to make my half naked barbarian vampire hunter. I've got my leather skirt and whip, and with the throwing weapons mod I have knives, axes, and holy water too!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Hahaha, I have no idea what's causing it, but I'm getting precog enemies: I sneak, line up a shot, and when I loose the arrow the enemy will just slide to the side and then slide back into position when the arrow passes; it doesn't happen every time and the enemies even move with the running animation when "dodging", but just really sped up.

It still tells me I'm hidden. :v:

Zippy MacPhearson
Aug 5, 2007
Ahahaha I get the same exact thing. Although I don't ever remember the running animation, when it happens they just sort of slide 10 feet to the side. I am running STEP core mods and SPERG and honestly with the dozens of mods I can't be bothered troubleshooting the cause. It happens so rarely that it's not too annoying and usually just makes me laugh when it happens.

Petah
Aug 24, 2006

Keeping the American Imperialists at bay since 1948
So I was wondering why there wasn't any discussion of SkyRe in the OP and I'm guessing that's because most goons use SPERG? Is there any general consensus if any overhauls are much better than others?

I used to play Skyrim with deadly dragons but that was over 18 months ago. I remember Deadly Dragons having a much more thorough description and it added lots of new dragon loot and armor. Has the scope of this mod been scaled back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
No. The armor and spell parts of the mod has been spun off into the Deadly Dragon Armory and Forgotten Magic mods respectively, though.

• Locked thread