Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
This is an interesting relationship Isabel and her grandfather have. I assume the "you did that on purpose" was her realizing that his spoken prediction caused her to completely throw away the fight.

I mean, counting your moves is pretty brazen, all your opponent needs to do is evade, and let you overextend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
It usually takes about 10 volumes of the hot-headed protagonist trying to solve problems by hitting them with their face before the mentor figure's lesson sink in.

"C...could it be? I might have to think when I fight? Impossible! Thinking is for stupid people! Master, why do you speak in riddles?"
"Jesus christ kid, just... ugh, you know what, go get your rear end kicked by your cool-headed rival a couple more times and get back to me."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
This is the animest thing I've ever seen and girlgeta is the animest character ever.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Calaveron posted:

This is the animest thing I've ever seen and girlgeta is the animest character ever.

Come on. You know both of those are wrong.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I want Max's face in panel 8 as an avatar.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

That deer lady is coming back and she is totally hooking up with Isaac.

It is going to be gross and freakyweird and not just because of the bestiality thing.

That said I do kind of wonder what sort of powers she would confer on someone with a suitably pink aura.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

It's just a freaky deer spirit thanking you for collecting seven plot items. This is something that happens in Paper Mario.
This latest page has a spiky-haired scarred karate lady pinning someone with her chin and blasting her with a single ki blast from her index finger. There is nothing animer.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

The Leper Colon V posted:

I want Max's face in panel 8 as an avatar.

anime?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:worship:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

So who else was expecting a Buttlord GT link here?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Calaveron posted:

This comic has been pretty anime from moment one, I think.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

RabidWeasel posted:

So who else was expecting a Buttlord GT link here?

I was actually expecting KC Green's "too anime to drive" strip.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, that's some more information about Isabel. Though Isabel's statement about her father seems to imply he's still alive. And panel 10's layout confused me for a moment. Thought Isabel had teleported from the lawn to porch all of a sudden.

And I love random gasping face in the background there.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 13, 2013

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Every time I read pages with Isabel's grandpa, he sounds like Keith Michael Richardson in my head.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Well, that's some more information about Isabel. Though Isabel's statement about her father seems to imply he's still alive. And panel 10's layout confused me for a moment. Thought Isabel had teleported from the lawn to porch all of a sudden.

And I love random gasping face in the background there.

I still don't understand that panel. It looks like she's in 2 places at once.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I still don't understand that panel. It looks like she's in 2 places at once.

I think it's just a close-up. It's just not indicated very well, so it's a bit confusing.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Christmas came early

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Calaveron posted:

It's just a freaky deer spirit thanking you for collecting seven plot items. This is something that happens in Paper Mario.
This latest page has a spiky-haired scarred karate lady pinning someone with her chin and blasting her with a single ki blast from her index finger. There is nothing animer.

Isaac spontaneously goes into an anime freeze frame on the next page.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Every time I read pages with Isabel's grandpa, he sounds like Keith Michael Richardson in my head.

Are you combining Keith David and Kevin Michael Richardson? If so, that's one hell of an actor you just made up.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Patchwork Shaman posted:

Are you combining Keith David and Kevin Michael Richardson? If so, that's one hell of an actor you just made up.

Yeah I meant Kevin. Specifically the voice he used for the principal in American Dad/an old earthbender in Avatar.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I'm not sure how one of the panels slipped out of the comic and ended up as the comment, but the original, unadulterated version of the update is pretty special.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-62/

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Spender being a big loving dweeb.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
What the hell is going on in the background of the last panel :stare:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Bwhahah. Gramps is the best. Oh Spender. When aren't you a dork.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh god the alt text, this is the best comic.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I dig Lady Vegeta. She's OK.

I imagine Isaac and Max just crouching inside the car in embarrassment.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Spender made them boost him onto the roof.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

He made Max magnet lift him up there.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Man, these last two strips just make me feel bad for Isabel. :(

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
One mentor's a cryptic old man who may or may not resent her, the other is a massive dork. She's caught between a Rick and a hard place.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Angry Walrus posted:

She's caught between a Rick and a hard place.

Boooooooooooooooooooo

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Oh my god Spender is such a gigantic dork.

I love it. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Poor Spender, trying so hard to be cool and failing miserably at it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rhonne posted:

Poor Spender, trying so hard to be cool and failing miserably at it.

Messing up being cool and explaining his obvious special power, Spender is in top form today.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Mr. Spender just read an anime book on how to be a good mentor to children, and it just doesn't work without the emotional detachment or the aura of mystery. Or being in an anime.

But at least he calmed down Isabella a bit.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

SlothfulCobra posted:

Mr. Spender just read an anime book on how to be a good mentor to children, and it just doesn't work without the emotional detachment or the aura of mystery. Or being in an anime.

But at least he calmed down Isabella a bit.

I'd say he diffused the situation nicely. Everyone always stops what they were doing to look at a massive dork.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I'd say he diffused the situation nicely. Everyone always stops what they were doing to look at a massive dork.
I'd almost say that's giving Spender too much credit.

But I know that one day, he'll say that's exactly what he's been doing. And then someone will call him out with "you're just saying that to excuse how much of a dweeb you are, aren't you?"

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

The Leper Colon V posted:

I'd almost say that's giving Spender too much credit.

But I know that one day, he'll say that's exactly what he's been doing. And then someone will call him out with "you're just saying that to excuse how much of a dweeb you are, aren't you?"

Well now, I didn't say he did it intentionally now did I.

The line between being a dweeb and distracting people by acting like a dweeb doesn't exist.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Spender is an effective mentor, just an entirely different kind of one than he wants to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is it just me, or is every major character basically a parody of their nearest anime stereotype?