Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

CarForumPoster posted:

$65?!?!!!?!!!

Do you have any idea how much it costs to hire somebody to pick up Hello Kitty drift charms? They don't come cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Based on how much they paid our lovable OP I know this is not correct.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I didn't get paid anything to post that flyer, other than that I have no idea what the gently caress you are talking about this time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

65 is reasonable for the drivers, he's confusing it with the $12 spectator admission. I think.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I have no idea what the problem is this time.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

One of my little projects is researching if there's a market for C6 Corvette turbo kits.

Edit: Not on a high volume.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Is anything you make "high volume"? Also what do you consider to be high volume?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Can you make 2 before the ADD kicks in?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I have to make 10 of anything for it to be worth my time. I want to sell 30 RB manifolds per year, for example.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Cakefool posted:

Can you make 2 before the ADD kicks in?

Usually the stuff I do has so many steps that, although they are similar, there's enough variety to keep me focused.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Doing some research, I'd want to do a single turbo kit. The market is flooded with really lovely twin-turbo kits. $700 Garrett T3/T4s as far as the eye can see.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Yikes, this is an example of a Corvette turbo kit.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
So they just use the stock exhaust manifold or what? (I.e. not pictured?) That has to be far from ideal. Seems cheap for the power you would be going for in a twin turbo kit.

Materials question:
When I had my A4 I always kind of wanted to get the APR kit with the inconel manifold, even though its probably overkill. Purely out of curiosity - I imagine you typically use just 304 SS?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

They use the stock manifold or a Hooker factory replacement with the Hooker logo ground out (seriously). For what it is that is perfectly fine. V8 headers aren't really doing much unless you are actually tuning them for a specific length. Usually space is the primary concern.

Look at the factory Ford Coyote headers in the new Mustang.

Yowza!

For my manifolds I use 304SS. Nothing fancy.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
C3 vettes are pretty cheap and can look really sweet.

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/featuredvehicles/1304_chpp_1972_chevrolet_corvette_stingray/

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

C3s are the worst, even worse than a C4.

ironblock
Aug 23, 2013

Screw practicality, best 1 mile commute ever.

ultimateforce posted:

C3s are the worst, even worse than a C4.

:colbert:

There's nothing bad about a 1969 Stingray 427 convertible with factory side pipes.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

ironblock posted:

There's nothing bad about a 1969 Stingray 427 convertible with factory side pipes.

How much 40 year old fiberglass resin patched with 20 year old bondo have you fixed? I haven't fixed any because I don't hate myself or do futile things. And yes basically everyone likes all mint condition muscle cars pre-1974. Of course that's not really an option for most of AI or this thread.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

ironblock posted:

Well, they're garbage to drive, so there's that.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Wow trying to get dental insurance sure is harder than I expected. Also coming early to my cleaning has backfired as the staff is at lunch.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Cool guest wifi with a password!!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
This thread is Molarious!!!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
:eng101: Have you tried "NoSugarySnacks" or "BRSH3TIMS" yet?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Getting dental insurance that doesn't cost more than the total amount of benefits they would pay out over a year seems to be impossible from what I've seen.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Said a perspn who doesn't have genetically garbage teeth like me :(

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

rscott posted:

Getting dental insurance that doesn't cost more than the total amount of benefits they would pay out over a year seems to be impossible from what I've seen.

I currently get a cleaning 3 times a year. I have 4 wisdom teeth to get pulled and 3 "soft spots" that need to be addressed. I could use the insurance.

For non-America readers: It cost me $180USD for my routine checkup and yearly XRAY today.

Edit: Not sure why I thought Xray should be in all capitals.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I was looking into it because I have a couple of impacted wisdom teeth and a couple of cracked molars plus various other poo poo and I came to the conclusion that the only way I was going to be able to afford it is to win the lottery or something. I pay $25/month for a plan that covers basically nothing but cleanings and braces. Actual dental procedures have a maximum benefit of like $1000/year and 50% co-insurance.

Considering an abscessed tooth can get infected and actually kill you, I wish this poo poo was covered by medical insurance like it should be.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ultimateforce posted:

I currently get a cleaning 3 times a year. I have 4 wisdom teeth to get pulled and 3 "soft spots" that need to be addressed. I could use the insurance.

Are they impacted or in fairly straight? Asking because two lovely dentists here in FL said I should have all four of mine pulled, then when I was in NY and saw a real dentist he said it was horse poo poo and they were just trying to rape my wallet, because my wisdom teeth weren't hurting anything and to go into surgery for basically no reason was dumb. I'd get a few opinions before shelling out the money and getting put under.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Nah, my wisdom teeth need to go. My jaw aches pretty much every day and makes wearing a welding helmet the drizzling shits. They also said that the years I wasn't being so tooth crazy have basically ruined them and they are going to rot out anyway.

A year ago they had to numb my whole mouth to properly scrape the poo poo off my teeth, this time my gums hardly even bled when they flossed them (except for these loving wisdom teeth again). :smug:

Hey if I wasn't such a dumbass my whole life I'd have nice teeth right now. Wowee!!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

The dentist and the assistant cleaning my teeth did a total good cop bad cop on me and it was weird.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Good luck with the wisdoms when you get them removed. Boost meal replacement stuff was a savior for me while they were out.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Try to avoid saying incriminating things about yourself while you're coming down off the painkillers :v:

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T loving FLY ANYWHERE HOLY poo poo

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Hypnolobster posted:

Try to avoid saying incriminating things about yourself while you're coming down off the painkillers :v:

My wife took a video of me waking up. I swore. A lot.

But in a good way. :ducksiren:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Post wisdom teeth I woke up at home feeling thirsty so I went to get some water. When I bent over the sink the gauze in my mouth fell out and it was so blood soaked I freaked out because I thought I'd bitten off my tongue.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

You guys are babies. I've had 13 teeth pulled total. Four baby teeth ripped out so the adults would grow in faster. Then I got those ripped out because my jaw was too small and I needed braces. Then I got my wisdom teeth yanked out. And before all this when I was very little I ripped out a baby molar trying to bite two Lego apart. It wasn't even loose and the entire root was still attached. My mom was more freaked out than I was.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

^^^^^ Haha suck it dude, I had eleven baby teeth pulled over the course of a single summer to make room for the adult teeth, then the tragedy below for a total of fifteen. Who can topple my record??

I had my wisdom teeth out at 18 on my mom's Cadillac insurance plan. They gave me a valium drip to calm me down, then nitrous to put me out. Guess what? I loving woke up during the middle of the surgery (four impacted teeth that all needed to come out), with the surgeon gripping the tooth cracker with both hands and one foot up on the tray next to me for leverage.

The best part? I was so drugged up at the time I thought it was hilarious, not terrifying at all. I promptly closed my eyes and drifted back into dreamworld. Soon thereafter I flirted poorly with the recovery nurse, flipped her off jokingly on my part but she thought I was serious, and sang "How Sweet It Is" to no one in particular.

Drugs are fun!!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I am seriously afraid of the terrible things I might say at the dentist while on gas.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
I don't remember the gas making me loopy, it was all the drugs afterward. Then again, I hated the gas and would just become a mouthbreather when they strapped the nasal cannula on. gently caress that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I remember the gas making me feeling amazing just before they injected whatever to knock me out. Woke up groggy but otherwise fine and took one of the vicodins they gave me later in the day just because they said to. Woke up the next day and nothing hurt so I didn't take any more pain killers and all was fine.

I'm not entirely sure I needed my wisdom teeth out but in the end it wasn't an unpleasant experience so oh well.

• Locked thread