Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Serious Sam posted:

Any fix on this yet? :)

In the sense that it's not broken in the in-development Awful 2, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

How about the horizontal swipe-to-refresh? In landscape it takes an absurd mount of swiping, to the point where I'm not even sure it's possible without swiping part ways, stopping it from snapping back, and swiping again

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Sounds like PEBCAK to me.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Seriously though I'm sure it's poo poo, will play with it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Actually after some more testing it apparently isn't a problem? But I know for a fact it was, I was having to use two hands to swipe, hold the screen, and swipe again like I was climbing some nerdy rope.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Occasionally I get that with trying to change pages on the iPhone version.

So is old awful abandoned at this point?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
iPad 4 here, iOS 7.0.3(?). I've been getting a fairly frequent bug where the screen stops scrolling (like some people mentioned a few pages ago) and the only fix so far that I've used was to force quit and it would be fine.

Well accidentally found out today that when that happens, if I tap down with three fingers, hold two in one place and scroll with the third, it works. Sometimes persists to the next page, sometimes not, loading a new thread almost always fixes it. :catstare:

Anyone else with the page sticking bug care to try this? And uh, the hell causes that to happen?

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Dewgy posted:

iPad 4 here, iOS 7.0.3(?). I've been getting a fairly frequent bug where the screen stops scrolling (like some people mentioned a few pages ago) and the only fix so far that I've used was to force quit and it would be fine.

Well accidentally found out today that when that happens, if I tap down with three fingers, hold two in one place and scroll with the third, it works. Sometimes persists to the next page, sometimes not, loading a new thread almost always fixes it. :catstare:

Anyone else with the page sticking bug care to try this? And uh, the hell causes that to happen?

I've had this bug too. Instead of scrolling it just acts like i'm holding my finger down on the screen, like, if I start scrolling on an image, it won't scroll, and then will bring up the held-down-on-an-image context menu. This happens in threads with lots of GIFs and youtube videos. iPhone 4s ios7.0.3

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Javid posted:

Occasionally I get that with trying to change pages on the iPhone version.

So is old awful abandoned at this point?

Yep. I mean, if someone decided to put some work into it for some reason I'd release it. But I'm not working on it.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Is there a reason as to why the last post author description changes from 'posted by' to 'killed by' if it's a thread I've seen already?
Also, could you make yospos viewable in amber? :)

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

TINA TURNER posted:

Is there a reason as to why the last post author description changes from 'posted by' to 'killed by' if it's a thread I've seen already?
Also, could you make yospos viewable in amber? :)

So it's the same as the forums and bottom right button, respectively

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

TINA TURNER posted:

"Posted by" is the OP, "Killed by" is the last person to post. There isn't enough room for both, so the consensus opinion was that the OP's name is more useful for unread threads, and the last poster's name is more useful for read threads.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I can't remember if it has been reported before, but there have been a few times where scrolling wasn't working on a thread page (not even a bounce like you get at the top or bottom of a page). All of the UI buttons worked, and scrolling worked again after reloading the page or navigating away then back again. Is there anything that I can watch for next time this happen to help debug? I know it has happened on my iPhone 4S, and I don't think it has happened on my iPad 2 but I can't remember for sure.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

withak posted:

I can't remember if it has been reported before, but there have been a few times where scrolling wasn't working on a thread page (not even a bounce like you get at the top or bottom of a page). All of the UI buttons worked, and scrolling worked again after reloading the page or navigating away then back again. Is there anything that I can watch for next time this happen to help debug? I know it has happened on my iPhone 4S, and I don't think it has happened on my iPad 2 but I can't remember for sure.

I think it would be a quick fix if I took any look at it whatsoever. If you decide to look at the code, head for the latest version 1 tag and branch from there. My guess is some lovely interaction with gesture recognizers.

As I said I'll happily accept updates to Awful 1 up until Awful 2 is released, but I'm not spending any time on it myself.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

There's no way to report posts in the current App Store version, correct?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

a glorious hole posted:

There's no way to report posts in the current App Store version, correct?

Correct.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

The long wait is over.

The short wait begins.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Does that mean you submitted 2.0?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

quote:

⎬ Everything looks shiny and new, if three months ago means "new" to you!
⎬ Return you to where you were when Awful was terminated!
⎬ Images hosted on Minus are no longer "minus"-ed from the page!
:yayclod:

Are we still able to hit our previous thread's arrow, if we were linked to a new thread, after we return to awful?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

tentative8e8op posted:

:yayclod:

Are we still able to hit our previous thread's arrow, if we were linked to a new thread, after we return to awful?

Should work.

1997 posted:

Does that mean you submitted 2.0?

Yep.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yay, can't wait to try it out! :neckbeard:

Thanks for all your hard work, pokeyman & crew!

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

Yeeeeessss. Awful is the only app I regularly use without swipe UI functionality. I need it bad after coming over from Android.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

SaucyLoggins posted:

Yeeeeessss. Awful is the only app I regularly use without swipe UI functionality. I need it bad after coming over from Android.

Prepare for disappointment.

(If you're talking iPad.)

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Ohh, can't wait. Even if its lacking swipe, having an Awful that looks all pretty and iOS7-y is good

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

pokeyman posted:

Prepare for disappointment.

(If you're talking iPad.)

IPhone?

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Looks sexy! :fap:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
New to Awful, loving it. Posting from my iPad right now. Looking forward to v2.0!

...no bugs or anything to report, just effusive praise.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Hot drat do they review poo poo quick in December. Must be all hands on deck leading up to Christmas break.

Enjoy everyone. I look forward to your constructive criticism. And may no one ever suffer second system syndrome again.

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI
I don't see it yet. :(

Will it be an update to the existing Awful or a separate app to download?

And thanks for your work!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Posting from Awful 2 :D

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Yep just got the update myself. Very nice!

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

It's an update. It just showed up for me, but it's totally normal for it to take a few hours for it to make its way through Apple's CDN so everyone sees it.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Any chance of an option to change font size in app only? (As in not through iOS settings)

Serious Sam
Feb 15, 2008

Never underestimate the power of stupid things in large numbers!
Nice work!

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Small alignment issue:

Having upload images previewed is a nice touch over the img1 place holder

Terminal Entropy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 17, 2013

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Terminal Entropy posted:

Small alignment issue:

You can scroll it (unless I'm missing what you're pointing out)

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Didn't know it scrolled.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Not too shabby! I like the new look a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Did you remove the ability to turn off thread tags or am I just not seeing where the option is?

• Locked thread