Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

TFSS gift complete, shipping out in the morning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also speaking of lesser known market six robots. How much of a redeco is Generations Wreckloose? The one that came in the wave with the redco Backstop and the repackage of Undermine?

I thought Wreckloose was a straight repackage up until now. But I can't find any comparison videos or images. Because I have Backstop and always thought he was the lone redeco in the group.
As far as I know you're right, cheap store Wreckloose is identical to original Wreckloose.

http://tformers.com/transformers-backstop-undermine-and-wreckloose-transformers/15913/news.html

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Knormal posted:

As far as I know you're right, cheap store Wreckloose is identical to original Wreckloose.

http://tformers.com/transformers-backstop-undermine-and-wreckloose-transformers/15913/news.html

Wreckloose and Undermine are both repackages of the original figures. Backstop is the only one that weirdly got a repaint.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So apparently in the wave that contains Rattrap, Tankor is actually a new mold representing the Beast Machines character, and is even branded as a vehicon.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

So apparently in the wave that contains Rattrap, Tankor is actually a new mold representing the Beast Machines character, and is even branded as a vehicon.

We are officially through the looking glass on this one, folks. Maybe Hasbro's just buttering up the fanbase in preparation for unveiling the movie toys.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.
Wow, what's next? Will the fandom finally get the Botanica toy it's always wanted?

In all seriousness, I actually don't have as much hate for Beast Machines as a lot of people do, so I think this is kinda cool, but how are we getting stuff like this before a proper Arcee or Shockwave? Crazy.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CyRaptor posted:

In all seriousness, I actually don't have as much hate for Beast Machines as a lot of people do, so I think this is kinda cool, but how are we getting stuff like this before a proper Arcee or Shockwave? Crazy.

Personally I'm hoping for a Deluxe Jetstorm 2.0. With at least five repaints, only one of which is a seeker.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blackheart posted:

The Transformers Collector's Club magazine with Rattrap on the cover apparently has pictures of Tankor and Crosscut inside, but the Club has asked for websites to not post the scans.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Countdown until Banzaitron repaint is shown.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Imgur is down. Hopefully these work!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Tankor's shoulder mounted rocket launcher looks a little weird. But other than that it looks like a solid figure. Crosscut looks like one hell of a retool and Rattrap looks good.

Still Crosscut is the only G1-ish guy. I'm going to be sad if they don't get to the weird rear end pretenders and powermaster bots as the focus for a few waves. We now have more Beast Wars guys than actual Target master guys.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 17, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I went to wrap up my Christmas shopping today and I didn't see any signs of Waspinator or Rhinox. I'm sad now.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Rattrap and especially that Crosscut look amazing!

I'm not sure about Tankor though, but that's probably because i'm comparing it to the Beast Machines mold which is one of my favorites(despite being inaccurate...).

Maybe Tankor should have been Titan class!:haw:

Quick question on the Skids/Crosscut mold:

Are those wrist guns removable?

Lepecard fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 17, 2013

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Lepecard posted:

Quick question on the Skids/Crosscut mold:

Are those wrist guns removable?

Nope, they're geared so that when you lift one, the entire pair deploys.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got my TFSS gift today! Thanks Doctor!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Tch, I keep forgetting to sign up for Secret Santa.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Third-party FoC Swoop is out ahead of schedule and with surprisingly little fanfare:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=PLNX10002&mode=retail

I got mine on order because I can't pass up Dinobots, early reviews seem positive.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

My Beast Wars Returns Tankor is suddenly worthless....gently caress.

Edit: But this still rules, I prefer cool new toys to the old ones gaining value.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I wrapped and sent out my Secret Santa presents on Thursday, they have to travel from Texas to the east coast, so they should be there tomorrow or Wednesday.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rei_ posted:

Tch, I keep forgetting to sign up for Secret Santa.

I forgot to sign up this year, too. Oh well, maybe next year.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So, since all of those American Megazeros were destroyed by a guy playing with the toy while moving shipping crates around, Vangelus reviews a Korean re-release of the toy.

That's loving brilliant, Fansproject.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rei_ posted:

So, since all of those American Megazeros were destroyed by a guy playing with the toy while moving shipping crates around, Vangelus reviews a Korean re-release of the toy.

That's loving brilliant, Fansproject.

I passed on the Glacial lords last TFCon because they weren't all out, and I had to exercise some amount of restraint and stop myself from buying things at some point and at least feign to be a responsible adult, but I really hope they're back this year. They're like my #1 target this year and the second I get through the door I am making a bee-line towards the fansproject table.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gammatron 64 posted:

I forgot to sign up this year, too. Oh well, maybe next year.

It's not like there weren't three announcements!

So glad you got it, Rage! Those huge KO minicons were a must buy :)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

It's not like there weren't three announcements!

So glad you got it, Rage! Those huge KO minicons were a must buy :)

Those and Mini-Devastator are going on my desk at work first thing this morning.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Speaking of the Glacial lords, I hope this is a successful experience and more people start making original G1 figures.

In addition to combiner dudes, imagine if somebody started making new diaclone style cars with die cast metal, clear windows, rubber wheels and chrome. They could do more 80s cars, for example, imagine an early G1 diaclone style DeLorean, or maybe something wild and different like some 1950s Hot Rods in the style of the G2 Laser Rods. Also, notice how there's no Diaclone pickup trucks other than Trailbreaker and Hoist who have things in their beds? I want a diaclone style, 1980s boxy rear end pickup truck, complete with some stripes going down the side.

Plus, I've wanted a proper G1 Arcee forever. We've gotten toys that are more posable and show accurate, but no, I'm a weirdo who wants a G1 Arcee that has barely any articulation, is big chunky ABS and metal, and has old school G1 stickers that are like wires and poo poo and looks like she came from the same wave as Hot Rod, Kup and Blurr.

We also need more things that aren't just sports cars and jets, which are 90% of Transformers. Do some limos, garbage trucks, seaplanes, submarines, boats, forklifts, small propeller aircraft and so on. Of course, I'm basically describing the Gobots.

I'm probably the only person here who actually wants these things, aren't I?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

Those and Mini-Devastator are going on my desk at work first thing this morning.

Honestly, I'm now kicking myself for not getting any for me. There was a mini-Menasor with 2 Technobots limbs that I was tempted by.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Honestly, I'm now kicking myself for not getting any for me. There was a mini-Menasor with 2 Technobots limbs that I was tempted by.

That is incredible, I'll have to check around here to see if I can find that to add to the collection. Also my wife had the funniest reaction to your card, when she read who it was from her eyes went wide and her head popped up and she was like "THE Doctor?!?!" and I told her that yes, you were David Tennant (her favorite Doctor) and you sent us a Christmas gift.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

That is incredible, I'll have to check around here to see if I can find that to add to the collection. Also my wife had the funniest reaction to your card, when she read who it was from her eyes went wide and her head popped up and she was like "THE Doctor?!?!" and I told her that yes, you were David Tennant (her favorite Doctor) and you sent us a Christmas gift.

Check if you have a Tuesday Morning around. Also, that gives me warm fuzzies :3:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Check if you have a Tuesday Morning around. Also, that gives me warm fuzzies :3:

I found some crazy stuff in Tuesday morning. I found a KO Goldran and Dairugger XV (Vehicle Voltron) that actually said Goldran and Dairugger XV on the packaging. I guess they figure they can be so brazen with copyright infringement that they can use the actual names of the robots since nobody has ever heard of them in the US. They also had an undersized Bruticus, Defensor, Landcross and some robot I've never seen before.

I should go back to Tuesday Morning for some more. (Oh God what I am doing)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

I found some crazy stuff in Tuesday morning. I found a KO Goldran and Dairugger XV (Vehicle Voltron) that actually said Goldran and Dairugger XV on the packaging. I guess they figure they can be so brazen with copyright infringement that they can use the actual names of the robots since nobody has ever heard of them in the US. They also had an undersized Bruticus, Defensor, Landcross and some robot I've never seen before.

I should go back to Tuesday Morning for some more. (Oh God what I am doing)

Tuesday Morning has the best knockoffs. They had the 18 inch tall show accurate beast machine Optimus Primal on a 20 inch card for 5.99.

Sky garry was cheaper at 15 inches for 3.99

Also Yellow Lio Convoy and Voyager Sized Rattrap.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I bought the big-rear end beast hunters Optimus because it's only $18 on amazon right now. Why the gently caress not.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Gammatron 64 posted:

In addition to combiner dudes, imagine if somebody started making new diaclone style cars with die cast metal, clear windows, rubber wheels and chrome.

All of those are extra-cost features, and likely only to be seen on higher-end collector's toys nowadays. Diecast is gone forever, man.

quote:

They could do more 80s cars, for example, imagine an early G1 diaclone style DeLorean, or maybe something wild and different like some 1950s Hot Rods in the style of the G2 Laser Rods. Also, notice how there's no Diaclone pickup trucks other than Trailbreaker and Hoist who have things in their beds? I want a diaclone style, 1980s boxy rear end pickup truck, complete with some stripes going down the side.

You and literally hundreds of other people in the world!

I'd like to buy them too. But you have to be honest about the size of that market.

quote:

Plus, I've wanted a proper G1 Arcee forever. We've gotten toys that are more posable and show accurate, but no, I'm a weirdo who wants a G1 Arcee that has barely any articulation, is big chunky ABS and metal, and has old school G1 stickers that are like wires and poo poo and looks like she came from the same wave as Hot Rod, Kup and Blurr.

Remember how I said that last group was really small? Yeah, we're going wayyy further in that direction now.

quote:

We also need more things that aren't just sports cars and jets, which are 90% of Transformers. Do some limos, garbage trucks, seaplanes, submarines, boats, forklifts, small propeller aircraft and so on. Of course, I'm basically describing the Gobots.

I'm probably the only person here who actually wants these things, aren't I?

TFs are a little broader than you're giving them credit for, as they've done poo poo like biplanes, LCAC style hovercraft, and garbage trucks in the last few years. But I agree wholeheartedly. I'd love to see some of the goofier, different toys be available; but at the bottom line, this is a toyline aimed at 6-13 year old boys, and idea people have to justify something like a CHUG version of Spoons to the beancounters on a dollar basis.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

I bought the big-rear end beast hunters Optimus because it's only $18 on amazon right now. Why the gently caress not.

Hoist is also $5 right now, so I guess if anyone wants to army build him...

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...nerations+Hoist

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

GD_American posted:

All of those are extra-cost features, and likely only to be seen on higher-end collector's toys nowadays. Diecast is gone forever, man.

3rd party toys are generally high end collector's toys made in limited numbers. I'm not suggesting that Hasbro should try this.

GD_American posted:

You and literally hundreds of other people in the world!

I'd like to buy them too. But you have to be honest about the size of that market.

I know. :smith:

Then again, I mentioned the idea of people doing new original G1 figures and found a surprising amount of people on twitter who were really into the idea (and proposed G1 brickified versions of newer staple characters like Bulkhead, Rung, Drift and Lockdown.) But, again, that's like 10 people and I'm surprised that anybody else thinks that it would be cool, as most people aren't into big goofy looking bricks with no articulation anymore. Me, well, I kind of like their charm. I might be the only guy in the SA thread who really loves big stupid looking G1 bricks.

I wonder what the sales of the Fansproject Glacial Lords are and if they're making a profit off them. The general reception of the Glacial Lords seems to be fairly positive, and they're both retro G1 figures AND original characters, so you'd think they would be a hard sell. It's a crazy idea and you would think it would never work, but... maybe it could?

We all know the market for these things would be really small, but I'm sure there are some guys out there with G1 collections that would really want a G1 styled Arcee, Alpha Trion and Devcon, and maybe even some comic characters like Straxus, Emirate Xaaron and Scrounge.

I guess these Glacial Lords are fansproject testing the waters, but if these guys are successful (and I really have no way of telling) it would be awesome to see them and more 3rd party companies try this.

While I'm on the subject of cool retro action figures, Super 7 made these 1979 styled Alien figures that are super cool:
http://super7store.com/alien-reaction-figures.html

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

After watching the review, I still love how FP Menasor turned out, but he's like waaaaay too fiddly for me. I like some complexity in my figures but wow, Diesel looks insane. I might still get it if they sell it in a set.

On to simpler figures, I got BH Knock Out the other day on a whim and christmas discount. It's one of those figures that are so crazy and out of nowhere, that it ends up being awesome I think, like Fish Megatron. He turns into a crocodile car. He has a biting flail that becomes a tail in car mode. I wish the original Knockout came in this nice shade of red however, I feel it was too bright and show inccurate and the BH version nails it much better. I like BH mostly for the Predacons, but a lot of the remolds are actually pretty fun.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Menasor is probably next on the list for stuff Hasbro is going to do anyways. We have 4 Different versions of Bruticus already, they could easily squeeze out six with Menasor. Also the Stunticons have had more figures in Classics and other lines next to the combaticons. We got two Stunticons themed combiners in Power Core Combiners.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Wow that Tankor looks like rear end.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

check dat bomb storage

Aw yess.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TheDK posted:

Wow that Tankor looks like rear end.

This is just the Beast Machines designs in general.

Granted it's a perfect rendition of the figure, but the original character looked like garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
If you look at renders from the show you'll see the tank mode is really, really inaccurately proportioned.

This is a brick with treads and a dinky canon, show tankor's tank mode was more brutal looking.