Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Yeeeeeeeeeeess. :getin:

This looks great, but I'm curious: When you use Arenovalis' WRP to change the default weapon textures, I think it also affects mods that cobble together various vanilla meshes, like AG Supplementary Uniques. So, does changing the default outfit textures end up affecting mods that add cobbled together outfits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If those mods refer to vanilla texture files, yes. I've got a couple which do, I believe.

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 15, 2013

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54398/

So a mod came out that's a compatibility patch between FOOK, PNV, WME, WMXUE, EVE, AWOP, and Weapon Mod Recipes. I'm going to try it out with some Companion mods and let you guys know what I think.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

This should be on the Steam store page for New Vegas.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

At first I thought that the little thing below the guys foot was just a dog chilling in the explosion. I'm dissapointed now. :saddowns:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I've played for about twenty hours now, and a thing has come up. I didn't feel like trawling through the previous 400-odd pages for a solution.

Some people (EDIT: black people, children and ghouls especially. I get a CTD whenever I try to remove the robes from the Bright Brotherhood people) have purple/pink bodies. I think this might be a missing texture, but how do I fix it? Here's my load-order:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
More Perks.esm
Companion Core.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
RX-Auto Incremental Save.esp
BetterLoadingText.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
wpn_servicerifle_burstfire.esp
DynamiCamera.esp
Dalls_NV_Better_Faces.esp
LexFONVclothingI.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
Portable Tent.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
enclaveradio.esp
conelrad 640-1240.esp
More Perks Update.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
Omegared99-M2081.esp
PancorJH.esp
AirForceArmorT57C.esp
Brotherhood Armor.esp
Blck_Fx NV-- Add Implants Occulaire SM style.esp
Cables Derby Hat.esp
Colossus T49.esp
Journeyman Armor.esp
LFox Invisible Armored Vests.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
1nivVSLArmors Cheat.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
UrgeWasterScarf.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
Companion Module Pack.esp
Follower Home Marker.esp
Dynamic Quantity Prompt.esp
SPECIALer.esp
HighGrass.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Fellout-OWB.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp
WEG - Wasteland Essential Gear.esp
NVBS.esp
JRougeRangerCoats4Free.esp
XV Enclave Armour.esp
Cables Plasma Pistol.esp
LeatherRiotArmor.esp
The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp
Wasteland Soldier - NV Edition.esp
LFox Infinite Companion Ammo.esp
LFox Infinite Companion Ammo Repair.esp

Total active plugins: 69
Total plugins: 99

Also, with the clothing/accessories mods, New Vegas has stopped being an RPG, and started being a Pretty Dressup Game. It's just so fun to play dollies with your squad of mans.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is there a way to turn off the "food dehydrates you" aspect of the Project Nevada rebalance? I've been able to find switches and sliders for everything else, but not that. I really only wanted the rebalance so I could reduce exp gain, so if there's no way to alter that I may just go with a different mod solution.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

Is there a way to turn off the "food dehydrates you" aspect of the Project Nevada rebalance? I've been able to find switches and sliders for everything else, but not that.
Grab FNVEdit, load up the Rebalance plugin. Go over all entries in under Ingestible and remove the DamageDehydrationLevel effect it adds certain foods.

Traveller In Time
Apr 4, 2009

You got anything to eat? I haven't eaten anything since later this afternoon.
Is there anything to help get rid of managing the tedium of hardcore needs? I've gotten to a point now in my save where I'm comfortable with resources and it's just devolved into 'open inventory; press button' every so often. I've tried mods that reduce loot and such, but all that does is make the above process take longer to get to, but it's inevitable I'll reach that point eventually.

For reference I'm using the JSawyer mod changes alongside a custom plug-in that makes food rarer.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Gimmie your best mods to make my character look like The Governor from The Walking Dead.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Mr E posted:

Has anyone with New Vegas Bounties and Freeside Open with the compatibility patch had trouble with the Ben quest? It says I need to find out what happened to Ben, but when I go to the alley and see his corpse, and go to where the quest arrow is, nothing happens. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I think there's a compatability patch on the freeside open page on nexus. You need to track it down to get that to work right. that and go into freeside through the opposite gate to the one near where you are supposed to find the guy.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

So, now I'm addicted to new weapon mods. I got the Mare's Leg, a pretty good Pancor Jackhammer, and of course all the cool stuff from PN. Sadly, there's no Dragunov on Nexus. There are updates/reskins for a Dragunov, but it looks like that Dragunov mod is long gone. I did find a VSS Vintorez that's pretty cool, though.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Not sure why the HeroinZero Dragunov (along with the most of his other mods) is gone, but there are other Dragunov mods on Nexus. Just need to search for "SVD."

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43498/
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49378/

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Are there any mods that let you access the Long Fifteen and/or Dry Wells in their un-nuked state? It would be a humongous project but considering the scope of the mods that exist it wouldn't surprise me, and I'd really like to see a pristine California.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Traveller In Time posted:

Is there anything to help get rid of managing the tedium of hardcore needs? I've gotten to a point now in my save where I'm comfortable with resources and it's just devolved into 'open inventory; press button' every so often. I've tried mods that reduce loot and such, but all that does is make the above process take longer to get to, but it's inevitable I'll reach that point eventually.

For reference I'm using the JSawyer mod changes alongside a custom plug-in that makes food rarer.

Bottle That Water gives you reusable canteen that you automatically drink out of as long as you have water available. You can also bottle water from sinks and nozzles, but you can ignore the ability to do that if you want to just buy/find/craft water the normal way.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Oh, those SVDs are nice. Thanks for the heads up. I ended up giving Boone the Vintorez, and he's hell on wheels with it. Of course now the Jackhammer is crashing the game again, so I need to find a better place for it in the load order.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Traveller In Time posted:

If you use project Nevada, you can just configure the need for food/drink to be basically nonexistent so you can just ignore the whole system.

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
Or you can just eat 8< meals of "sugar bombs" and "soda" per day just like in real life and deal with it. :colbert:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Anyone know what might make a weapon mesh randomly crash a game when equipped? I'm tinkering with the shotgun from this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36407/

And sometimes equipping my gun after editing the mesh will cause a crash. All I've done was added a heatshield, shell saddle, and a choke. Also I've edited the texture so the pump and stock are wood.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 17, 2013

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has the Download with Manager button not been working for anyone else these last few days?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Nexus changed something or another to protect from attacks. This has made MO and NMM not work so far as downloads are concerned. Google it for more details, MO has it in its list of things to do, should be fixed... eventually.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Gyshall posted:

Alright, what is your graphics setup here?

It's pretty much the Alpenglow ENB with APEX ENB's [Environment] settings in the enbseries.ini config file.

I removed the palette file and the lensmask files too, just because they were doin' weird things with my game's color.

For the explosions that are pretty blurred out and the blood spurts, it's EVE.

Also, something I really, really want just because:

MIGHTY FOOT ENGAGED

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So, I'm using that interesting Fook + PN patch and while I want maximum compatibility I'm not really sure about using WME, but I kind of want to try it out. Are the differences in mods enough to distinguish each gun?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fereydun posted:

MIGHTY FOOT ENGAGED

What is that oufit/kick from :eyepop:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Fereydun posted:

It's pretty much the Alpenglow ENB with APEX ENB's [Environment] settings in the enbseries.ini config file.

I removed the palette file and the lensmask files too, just because they were doin' weird things with my game's color.

For the explosions that are pretty blurred out and the blood spurts, it's EVE.

Also, something I really, really want just because:

MIGHTY FOOT ENGAGED

gimmie your mods

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

What is that oufit/kick from :eyepop:

The outfit is more or less the NVBS05 armor from the Desert Scorpion mod. I removed the armor insides and poorly tried to align one of the collared shirts into the jacket.
Unfortunately, the kick is just a pose. When I said "I really, really want" I meant havin' a mighty foot button.

The bag is from The Saboteur armor set.

With a little searchin' I found something that replaces the power attacks of unarmed attacks with kicks but none of 'em are a nice stomp to the chest like that.

Gyshall posted:

gimmie your mods

The snowy environment is from a combination of the ENB combination I described above (hopefully this works) and a bunch of snowy textures I cobbled together in this .rar (it's a fomod so uninstalling it is simple) plus the snowy weather setting from URWLNV

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fereydun posted:

MIGHTY FOOT ENGAGED

He'll kick you apart! He'll kick you apart! Ooo!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there a good mod that redoes addictions to the old Fallout model of slowly worsening and eventually going away if you quit cold turkey?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone know what might make a weapon mesh randomly crash a game when equipped? I'm tinkering with the shotgun from this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36407/

And sometimes equipping my gun after editing the mesh will cause a crash. All I've done was added a heatshield, shell saddle, and a choke. Also I've edited the texture so the pump and stock are wood.

I'd love to try that trenchgun out if you're willing to share.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

FO3 modding stuff since that thread is dead and also since it's this thread that got me interested in trying FO3 with FWE in the first place.

I'm playing through FO3 with FWE+MMM for the first time and I have to say it's a lot of fun. I never did get far in the vanilla game, Rivet City was it, and this is a completely different and superior experience when it comes to combat and survival. The decreased ammo drops + increased ammo prices, increased damage all around, bullet time instead of VATs, combined with lots of small detail (gun sway, limb damage, etc.) gives combat a very different, threatening, and more visceral feel. More FPSy, with a Metro-very-lite ofuckdoihavetheammoandrightweaponstosurvive feel.

The FWE-added bullet-time/AP-regen-rate perks are pretty important if you're playing it as a bullet-time FPS without VATS so Endurance becomes an important attribute again, leading to more varied builds than vanilla.

After NV, I'm surprised at how few mods it takes to get to a stable load out worth playing - FWE covers most of the gameplay changes by itself. Add in RH_IronSights, EVE, WMK, DarnUI, CASM, NMCs texture pack, along with FOIP+Blackened to cover compatibility and it was mostly done.

Project Reality and the brilliant new Vurt's Flora Overhaul for FO3 give the place a bleak, unforgiving look. Vurt's does more than improve the looks, since the decreased visibility due to the increased vegetation keeps you on your toes as you explore outdoors, especially with MMM's increased spawns active.

Many of the inane quests and characters remain, but the survival/combat experience is a lot of fun with FWE+MMM and the game can be played for that alone.

This has got me wanting to replay NV without CCO/jsawyer for a change and instead do a pure Project Nevada run with the FWE-esque preset from Project Nevada - Extra Options. That mod also includes an efficient implementation of the reduced world items plugins from Puce Moose: Unfound Loot.

e: ENB v237 works well with FO3 (even with AMD 7xxx cards!) if you want to add Detailed Shadows and Ambient Occlusion to make the setting even darker. If you don't want any effects beyond having shadows, use the vanilla 237 distribution, uncomment #define APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION in enbeffects.fx and set UseOriginalPostProcessing=true in enbseries.ini. Works a treat so far. Leave UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=false or you'll get weird transparency glitches. I've also enabled all the memory-freeing ENBoost stuff with no apparent ill-effects or crashes in a few hours of play.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 19, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Yeah, FWE + MMM + WMK is the only way I will play FO3 nowadays (unless I drop it straight into NV with TTW). FWE doesn't mess around, and it can make for a very brutal experience where you're counting bullets and legitimately scrounging for basic materials to make enough caps to buy things. It feels really good when you've saved up enough bullets to go crazy with a Lewis MKII or MG42 machinegun, though.

I also wish that New Vegas modding community had pushed out something similar to MMM. There's something really otherworldly (but hypnotic) about watching glowing corpseflies fly around, and the roaming bands of night ghouls make for some tense midnight cross-country trips.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I also wish that New Vegas modding community had pushed out something similar to MMM. There's something really otherworldly (but hypnotic) about watching glowing corpseflies fly around, and the roaming bands of night ghouls make for some tense midnight cross-country trips.
Lack of ready-made spawnpoints (there are only 7 in NV), and lots of killable useful NPCs to make dropping poo poo just anywhere a pain in the rear end. I don't have a problem with lots of things massacring shop NPCs or quest NPCs but there really are too few spawn points and the mods that have new ones acknowledge how much of a pain in the rear end they are to set up and not destroy everything in the engine.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Dear Enhanced Shaders: you had one job.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

turtlecrunch posted:

Dear Enhanced Shaders: you had one job.

I like to think it's just a cyber-goatee.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Vurt's Flora Overhaul for FO3 is literally his best work, I think. At least it turns the Capitol Wasteland into something more ~~~realistic~~~ with the overgrown vegetation and the like.

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Keeshhound posted:

I like to think it's just a cyber-goatee.

I blame Lady Gaga

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gyshall posted:

Vurt's Flora Overhaul for FO3 is literally his best work, I think. At least it turns the Capitol Wasteland into something more ~~~realistic~~~ with the overgrown vegetation and the like.

Well, if you want that same thing in the Mojave here you go, http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39856/

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there a good terrain mod anywhere that makes the desert not look like poo poo? I'm playing through again after coming from skyrim and my lord its ugly as gently caress.

I have NMCs texture pack installed already but the desert outcrops etc still look like brownish blobs.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Do I need to use FOMM to get Project Nevada to play nice with any other interface mods? Or is it just not doable? I've been trying to get them to work together with the Nexus Mod Manager and the Unified HUD mod, but it just crashes until I disable everything but PN again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Sylink posted:

Is there a good terrain mod anywhere that makes the desert not look like poo poo? I'm playing through again after coming from skyrim and my lord its ugly as gently caress.

I have NMCs texture pack installed already but the desert outcrops etc still look like brownish blobs.

NMC with Poco Bueno on top is what I use and it looks decent but comparing FNV to Skyrim's kind of an unfair deal. They upgraded the renderer significantly for Skyrim and it's always going to look shittier no matter what textures you put on.