Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

TheJoker138 posted:

You obviously haven't seen Ultimate Spider-Man if you think this. The MTV one looked like poo poo but at least it was watchable. USM is like if they combined the worst parts of Family Guy with...with I don't know what. loving terrible, though.

I enjoy it, but I've been known to enjoy things that most people think are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wolverine vol 1 #85Uncanny X-Men 1999 #2.
Wolverine likes to show his Canadian bacon to young girls.

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 18, 2013

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Say Nothing posted:

Wolverine vol 1 #85.
Wolverine likes to show his Canadian bacon to young girls.

Are you sure this is Wolverine Vol 1 #85? I tried googling to see who thought writing that was a good idea, and I'm not getting that issue, unless that is the Phalanx issue. In my attempts to find out I did find a whole bunch of stuff I didn't want to see though.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Leper Residue posted:

Are you sure this is Wolverine Vol 1 #85? I tried googling to see who thought writing that was a good idea, and I'm not getting that issue, unless that is the Phalanx issue. In my attempts to find out I did find a whole bunch of stuff I didn't want to see though.
Google has lead me astray more than once. Can someone confirm the source?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There's an editor's box telling you go to see the events of Wolverine #146-147, so very unlikely it's from #85.

I'm going to guess Uncanny X-Men #377 since Comicvine says it's the only issue after those two in the Apocalypse: The Twelve crossover that features all three of those characters.

e: found it - Uncanny X-Men 1999 #2

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 17, 2013

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Jubilee should never not have a yellow trench coat.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
THAT'S who that is? I was thinking Spider-Woman had a new costume...

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Soonmot posted:

Jubilee should never not have a yellow trench coat.

Seriously, that is one of the worse costumes ever.

But who wrote that? Googling Uncanny X-Men 1999 #2 doesn't tell me who the author is, even on that link. Is it Claremont? After everything I hear about him, it makes me think it's him.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 17, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Seldom Posts posted:

I think this is important to remember. The kids I know all love USM and are lukewarm on the other versions. I think it's important that Marvel actually produce superhero stuff for kids. If they don't like it they will go somewhere else, whereas we already have a ton of stuff for manchildren.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold was clearly written for a young audience but wasn't nearly as stupid or lazy as USM. Of course it got canceled, so what do I know?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Leper Residue posted:

But who wrote that? Googling Uncanny X-Men 1999 #2 doesn't tell me who the author is, even on that link. Is it Claremont? After everything I hear about him, it makes me think it's him.
Ben Raab.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Wow, he writes for Warehouse 13, which until the fourth season I've actually liked.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Batman: The Brave and the Bold was clearly written for a young audience but wasn't nearly as stupid or lazy as USM. Of course it got canceled, so what do I know?

BatB ran for 3 seasons and only got cancelled when they wanted to make a new series (which got cancelled way way faster.) It was pretty successful by kids show standards.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm still slightly bitter they cancelled the show before actually making a Neon Talking Super Street Bat-Luge toy.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Three pals at the end of the world. Keeping mind of the important things.

Source: Rover Red Charlie 01

Oh God such a dark book, almost too dark, but I laughed out loud at this scene and it's worth sharing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's Jubilee's costume from Generation X after they opened the Massachusetts Academy up to normal humans so the Gen-X kids got new costumes with masks.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Peeps at Marvel need to know that Wolverine was a father figure for Kitty AND Jubilee.

and yeah Jubilee should stay early 90's as gently caress, forever.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lurdiak posted:

Kids shows typically only run for a couple of years (with the noted exception of Spongebob). Brave and The Bold did fine.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Numero6 posted:

Peeps at Marvel need to know that Wolverine was a father figure for Kitty AND Jubilee.

and yeah Jubilee should stay early 90's as gently caress, forever.

Yeah, but Jubilee has always had a subtext of wanting to jump Wolverine's adamantium bones.
If you go back to the 90's Hamma Wolverine stuff, there's an issue where Jubilee decides to follow Wolverine to a bar, and then a cheap motel afterwards "just to see what he's up to."
(The answer was, having sex with Mystique.)

It's funny, Jubilee becoming a vampire who is dependent on Logan's blood has only dialled down the crazy subtext to their relationship.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

ImpAtom posted:

BatB ran for 3 seasons and only got cancelled when they wanted to make a new series (which got cancelled way way faster.) It was pretty successful by kids show standards.

Beware The Batman hasn't been cancelled...officially yet anyway. The Network doublespeak claims it'll be back in January.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Question IRL posted:

Yeah, but Jubilee has always had a subtext of wanting to jump Wolverine's adamantium bones.
If you go back to the 90's Hamma Wolverine stuff, there's an issue where Jubilee decides to follow Wolverine to a bar, and then a cheap motel afterwards "just to see what he's up to."
(The answer was, having sex with Mystique.)

I'm almost positive there's at least one alternate future where they hook up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Question IRL posted:

I never got that sense at all from them and I far prefer to remain ignorant of it being in any way an intended thing.

The Question IRL posted:

Jubilee becoming a vampire who is dependent on Logan's blood

I had no idea this was the way things had gone :cripes:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It's not that she's dependent on HIS blood, just that Wolverine can spare a few pints because of his healing factor. UHOH!!

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

Soonmot posted:

It's not that she's dependent on HIS blood, just that Wolverine can spare a few pints because of his healing factor. UHOH!!

Also, the regenerative qualities in his DNA keep Jubilee from being destroyed by the Sun while she has it in her system.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Nycticeius posted:

Also, the regenerative qualities in his DNA keep Jubilee from being destroyed by the Sun while she has it in her system.

:eng101: Actually she has an anti-sun magic amulet she boosted off some evil vampires in the storyline where she became a vampire.

Comic books.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Fell # 1

Why isn't this a show yet?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Fuego Fish posted:

:eng101: Actually she has an anti-sun magic amulet she boosted off some evil vampires in the storyline where she became a vampire.

Comic books.

Don't be so stupid, she's got anti-sun field technology thingies built by Beast now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

Fell # 1

Why isn't this a show yet?

Hard drive crash destroyed Fell. People cant even remember reading the comics.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Soonmot posted:

Wouldn't drinking his blood cure her of her vampirism?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jerusalem posted:

Wouldn't drinking his blood cure her of her vampirism?

Maybe if she could get Ultimate Captain America to help out.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What would he do? Punching her out so hard all the vampire blood infecting her would leave while yelling "does the letter in my head stand for France!?"

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Dracula. Does this letter on my head stand for Dracula.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ultimate Captain America's Shameful Secret is that he never learned to read and he's desperately trying to find out what the letter on his head stands for. :smith:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Guardians of the Galaxy #17 (the good run). The Inhumans at war against the Shiar explode a bomb powerful enough to rip the damaged fabric of the universe allowing gigantic Lovecraftian things to come out of a cancer-verse. Maximus and an unexpected helper save the day, though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's on his head, he cant see it unless its in a mirror and he cant figure it out. :smith:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Fell was too good for this sinful earth.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Wait really, so there will never be any more Fell?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

It's on his head, he cant see it unless its in a mirror and he cant figure it out. :smith:

And then it's backwards. He really has no chance.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It is an A...

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Congrats, you spotted
:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PJOmega posted:

Wait really, so there will never be any more Fell?

Any time Ellis writes a book people enjoy he hates it. I vaguely recall him and Templesmith not being on speaking terms for a while as well.

• Locked thread