Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

qntm posted:

All or nothing. Pixar Superman. I know what the rights situation is and I don't care.

They can make an Incredibles movie that takes place in the Marvel Universe!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
And all pretense that they're not a fantastic four ripoff can be dropped.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Angry Walrus posted:

And all pretense that they're not a fantastic four ripoff can be dropped.
Name a single way they're like the Fantastic Four besides being a family and some of their powers.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Name a single way they're like the Fantastic Four besides being a family and some of their powers.

That's the gist of it, yes. The end product isn't quite the same, but it's pretty clear that the FF were the starting point.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
That's not clear at all. They are fairly generic powers, the starting idea for Pixar is usually a simple one. "A family has superpowers." "What do toys do when they're alone?" "What if a rat liked fine cuisine?"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Olibu posted:

That's not clear at all. They are fairly generic powers, the starting idea for Pixar is usually a simple one. "A family has superpowers." "What do toys do when they're alone?" "What if a rat liked fine cuisine?"

Their costumes are very close to the FF and the last frame of the film is a homage to Fantastic Four #1.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 16, 2013

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009
Yes, The Incredibles were partially based off the Fantastic Four. It isn't a ripoff, it's an homage, and it isn't a bad thing. But holy cow, yes, they're clearly based on them, how could you argue otherwise?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
One person having super strength, one having stretching, and one having the combination of force fields and invisibility ain't really generic. Especially that last one, especially combined with the other two. Oh and also a super powerful ill defined baby.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009
The goddamn Mole Man shows up at the end, too.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

greatn posted:

One person having super strength, one having stretching, and one having the combination of force fields and invisibility ain't really generic. Especially that last one, especially combined with the other two. Oh and also a super powerful ill defined baby.

Haha I must really know nothing about the FF then. That last one is a thing?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Olibu posted:

Haha I must really know nothing about the FF then. That last one is a thing?
Franklin, yo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah Sue and Reed have a kid that's like, an alpha level mutant or something.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
Well I admit to being fully wrong then.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Electromax posted:

Imagine an alternate universe where Pegg was Scott Pilgrim.

We don't have to imagine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kLk9gfK_w

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

greatn posted:

Yeah Sue and Reed have a kid that's like, an alpha level mutant or something.

His super power is omnipotence. He clearly won the genetic lottery with that one.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Boogaleeboo posted:

His super power is omnipotence. He clearly won the genetic lottery with that one.

Is he like Scarlet Witch but with more control?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

greatn posted:

Is he like Scarlet Witch but with more control?

He also has a pet Galactus.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Does he have his powers back again? Or are you talking about adult Franklin from the future that has a pet Galactus?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

Does he have his powers back again? Or are you talking about adult Franklin from the future that has a pet Galactus?

Yes he has his powers back. Also the Future Franklin has the pet Galactus. Hickman's run was so so good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don Cheadle confirmed for Avengers 2.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Who do you think they'll get to play Don Cheadle? I hope it's Idris Elba.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

greatn posted:

The Rock.

No wait! Gina Carano!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Michael B. Jordan as Idris Elba as Don Cheadle

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

greatn posted:

Typical. I hope it's Michael Fassbender.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Even though I haven't seen Winter Soldier, since no one has, I want Falcon to be in it as well.

Buuut I guess we know one of who the rumored "deaths" are going to consist of.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

greatn posted:

Terrance Howard

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

greatn posted:

Jon Hamm.

Opopanax posted:

Terrance Howard

:drat:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'll believe it when I'm sitting in the theater opening night.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Are the rights for that with DC? Because if it is so, than its once again, DC missing the mark by a mile.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently he's confirmed it via Twitter:

10 years ago I would have been incredibly excited about this but eh, we'll see how it goes.

Edit: I remember reading one of Neil's interviews years ago where he talks about a failed Sandman movie pitch which tried to turn him into a superhero with a cape and ended with a fistfight between Morpheus and Satan.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Dec 17, 2013

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yeah there's been so many attempts at a Sandman or Death film film that I'll believe it when I see it in the cinema. I wouldn't have any issue with Levitt being Morpheus though I can't image him directing a film as visually interesting as the source material.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

greatn posted:

Ryan Reynolds.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Stop making movies, Goyer and Nolan. Make more movies, Guillermo del Toro.

Did anyone see the trailer for Interstellar? It was as if it were made with assets copy-pasted from Man of Steel.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I wonder if Morpheus is forever bound by a bunch of girls at a sleepover in this version of the script.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Please can Warner Bros. stop hiring David Goyer, thanks in advance.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

lomzus posted:

Please can Warner Bros. stop hiring David Goyer, thanks in advance.

How can you dislike the creative genius behind Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ufarn posted:

Did anyone see the trailer for Interstellar? It was as if it were made with assets copy-pasted from Man of Steel.

But you barely see anything from the movie itself in that teaser until the very end. Most of it is NASA footage.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

e X posted:

Are the rights for that with DC? Because if it is so, than its once again, DC missing the mark by a mile.
Yes, Sandman was a work for hire series and lots of the characters were well established before the series. They have something of a gentleman's agreement with Gaiman on using the characters he created for it, but I don't think there's anything contractual.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Oh man :(. And I wouldn't even pin this on Goyer, because in a post-Avengers environment people have certain expectations when it comes to a comic book adaptation. Sandman is a very different matter altogether, because it is a) an actual story instead of just a general concept that is adapted and b) people like superheroes, not comic books in general.

Superhero movies are basically perfect for summer blockbuster action movies due to their structure, but Sandman is basically more of an oscar bait kinda movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I just hope they ease on the CGI and use some costuming for friggin' once. Directors have grown so lazy with supernatural movies.

• Locked thread