Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Just put in fake info and take the test anyway?

I don't think I can do it this year. There's a tiny chance I'd be around on the Thursday but I think even if by some stroke of luck all the questions were about geography and I did somewhat decently I don't think I'd be able to make auditions :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.
The Canadian won or was in the running for citizen of the year (I forget) but either way, that is so god drat Canadian it is ridiculous.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Yes lady, it was Washington that tried to sell West Point to the British.

uggh how do you get that wrong.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009
Alex sounded incredibly disappointed in everyone for getting that Final Jeopardy wrong.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Billy Idle posted:

Alex sounded incredibly disappointed in everyone for getting that Final Jeopardy wrong.

I think it was their performance in the game overall. The Final Jeopardy was pretty tough, so yet another 4 digit winner (I think this is the 3rd in a week) is disappointing to him. Keep in mind they film 5 episodes a day.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I hate this prince george guy. I auditioned twice while i lived there. That should be me, but i guess i was never nominated for a trophy that morons win in a town whose town mascot is made out of a septic tank.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bull loving poo poo, that was not a Hydrogen bomb. It was an Atomic bomb! :science: If they don't take away money after the commercial break...

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
THAT FJ WAS BULLSHIT

that's my default response whenever final jeopardy turns out to be something i totally should have known

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 19, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bull loving poo poo, that was not a Hydrogen bomb. It was an Atomic bomb! :science: If they don't take away money after the commercial break...

The footage may have been an a-bomb, but the clue was describing an h-bomb. "First tested in 1952" -- atomic bombs were used in 1945, so that was obviously not the answer they were going for.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

oh, I didn't even hear the question I just saw the video. Which was filmed in the late 40s during the Bikini Atol tests.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Recent observations:

1) Jerry, stop shrugging and smirking every time you answer a question! Show some confidence!

2) LOL at Alex having to semi-apologize for implying that all of Jerry's previous opponents were bad.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Stupid storm coverage preempted the show in boston yesterday

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Two true Daily Doubles. Jerry, you are my hero.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

jscolon2.0 posted:

Two true Daily Doubles. Jerry, you are my hero.

Yep. And they called that one lady who beat him the giant slayer. Bullshit. Jerry beat himself. Can't wait to see him return on the ToC!!!

Also, tonight's episode (Friday the 3rd) was really, really tough, even when you exclude the baseball category.

But Final Jeopardy was way too easy.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Shameful lack of baseball knowledge and shameful going too slow to get to all the questions

I liked the guy who thought Ryne Sandberg played in the 50s

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

ElwoodCuse posted:

Shameful lack of baseball knowledge and shameful going too slow to get to all the questions

I liked the guy who thought Ryne Sandberg played in the 50s

Baseball is a more dreaded category than Opera, for me.

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot

Riptor posted:

Stupid storm coverage preempted the show in boston yesterday

They don't even show jeopardy on friday anymore because of some lovely football news SPECULATE! show or something. Since baseball season. Apparently there's bandwagon fans that care about football outside of january? Jeopardy will forever and ultimately be sports and weather's bitch. I don't see why its acceptable to constantly interrupt jeopardy like people don't think it's a real show that actually follows through a progression or something??

yourafagpleasedie fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 4, 2014

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
This week is the online test. Don't forget to sign up. The first test is Tuesday.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
So if you're registered for the test you can take it any of the three nights right?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Riptor posted:

So if you're registered for the test you can take it any of the three nights right?

Correct, only once though.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
If you don't plan on taking the test on that day, do not log in during test hours. I was slated for a Thursday test last year, and ended up taking the Wednesday test because I had an email that said I should check my browser's compatibility, and it automatically put me in for the test.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Trebek is never allowed to recite rap lyrics again.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

zakharov posted:

Trebek is never allowed to recite rap lyrics again.

Worst opinion. Actually, there should be a rap category every day.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Wow, I can't believe none of them got the Final Jeopardy question today. I did a report on that guy in like 5th grade.

:siren: Also, central time zone folks, the test starts in an hour. :siren:

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Woohoo, almost time to see how dumb I am and how little knowledge I retained from school, then ask myself why I even wanted to take this test again.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
PREPARE YOURSELVES, GENTLEMEN! It's time for the ultimate validation of our existence

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Glenn_Beckett posted:

PREPARE YOURSELVES, GENTLEMEN! It's time for the ultimate validation of our existence

I wonder which of the three will be the easiest? Last year it was the Tuesday exam.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I've auditioned twice and never gotten The Call. THIS IS THE YEAR I CAN FEEL IT

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Good luck on the tests everyone. Join me in the contestant pool you clowns.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

zakharov posted:

I've auditioned twice and never gotten The Call. THIS IS THE YEAR I CAN FEEL IT

No live tryouts in New York. Closest is Boston.

This is the year I make it, I know. Jeopardy would be that much of a bastard to me.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

jscolon2.0 posted:

No live tryouts in New York. Closest is Boston.

This is the year I make it, I know. Jeopardy would be that much of a bastard to me.

I think I picked DC. But seriously why would they skip NYC that is lame.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
The best I've ever gotten on the online test was 28 or 29 correct. I'd imagine you need over 35 to even have a shot at being considered.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

railroad terror posted:

The best I've ever gotten on the online test was 28 or 29 correct. I'd imagine you need over 35 to even have a shot at being considered.

I looked back at my posts from last year, and I think I went 47/50 or something insane and didn't get a callback. Would it help if I was Canadian?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

It's a random drawing of qualifiers so...

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

jscolon2.0 posted:

I looked back at my posts from last year, and I think I went 47/50 or something insane and didn't get a callback. Would it help if I was Canadian?

No one should forget to check their junk folders, either. I think one goon nearly lost out on a tryout last year because of that.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The nearest audition site to me was Memphis. I live in Oklahoma. Quit whining.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

No one should forget to check their junk folders, either. I think one goon nearly lost out on a tryout last year because of that.

Gmail ate my registration reminder, so I didn't know that the test was this week until I checked the jeopardy site an hour ago. So this'll be fun!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I completely hosed up typing "Green Eggs and Ham" and I am sure that will be the difference in getting an audition :(

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I think I did okay this time. I'm probably doing better at the episode that's airing right now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I've auditioned three times and still haven't gotten the call. It doesn't help if you're canadian.