Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Chuck was never good and Adam Baldwin may be the worst human being in Hollywood.

(also Deadpool please check your pms.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I would say Queen's Blade is a show filled with assholes, but that's the one part of the female anatomy they didn't show off to the audience.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zaggitz posted:

Chuck was never good and Adam Baldwin may be the worst human being in Hollywood.

(also Deadpool please check your pms.)

I think rather you should probably check yours.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I thought Breaking Bad was great.

Except for Skylar. Ugh.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Outside of Earth Final Conflict, was there ever a show that started with almost an entirely different cast than it ended with (disregarding extremely long running shows like soap operas?)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also I was being honest in my opinion earlier re: Adam Baldwin.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Slamhound posted:

I thought Breaking Bad was great.

Except for Skylar. Ugh.

Skylar wasn't that bad imo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The only reason anyone ever mentions anime is to honeypot people* into admitting they like some of it. I think the less anime you're exposed to in your daily life, the less you're likely to hate it. The only person I know who watches it is my wife, seriously. Most people I know are aware of it though. And I don't ever see it on the Internet because I don't get bored and look up terrible things (I'm lying, I totally do that).

*"people" often being myself

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I know exactly enough about anime to be able to make fun of it in context.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

Also I was being honest in my opinion earlier re: Adam Baldwin.

He's pretty bad but it will always be Ed Norton.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

As far as I'm concerned, most anime is for kids and the only other adults I've heard of on the internet really into cartoons as adults are bronies so there you go.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I once saw an honest to god child buying a My Little Pony toy. At this point that surprised me more than Bronies.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

I once saw an honest to god child buying a My Little Pony toy.

I know there's a lot of really outrageous posts going up now but come on. Nobody believes that.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

He's pretty bad but it will always be Ed Norton.

Counterpoint.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Doctor Butts posted:

As far as I'm concerned, most anime is for kids and the only other adults I've heard of on the internet really into cartoons as adults are bronies so there you go.

It's just like any other cartoon really, it's just from Japan. That's like saying cartoons are for kids but well, look at something like Archer. There's good anime, and bad anime. It's just something the internet has stupidly latched onto.

Also, it's a shame about bronies, me and my younger sister still watch that show together, oh well, there's always Adventure Time and Phineis and Ferb reruns for kids shows that aren't maddening. You know what wasn't half bad? Hannah Montana. I can say that, I'm a man. :colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

It's just like any other cartoon really, it's just from Japan. That's like saying cartoons are for kids but well, look at something like Archer. There's good anime, and bad anime. It's just something the internet has stupidly latched onto.

Also, it's a shame about bronies, me and my younger sister still watch that show together, oh well, there's always Adventure Time and Phineis and Ferb reruns for kids shows that aren't maddening. You know what wasn't half bad? Hannah Montana. I can say that, I'm a man. :colbert:

Career ending post right here.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

zoux posted:

Career ending post right here.

You don't know lovely kids shows like I do. There is some garbage.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Battlestar Galactica was just a cheap rip off of the awesome Space: Above and Beyond.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Which was just a rip off of the Wing Commander video games.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh I know what he was referring to. I read the Chuck thread.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

zoux posted:

If you walked down the street and just stopped random people, how many of them do you think could tell you what "anime" even means?

Oh Zoux, you are so manly and cool with you suave disdain for those things which went mainstream years ago. *swoon*

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Oh Zoux, you are so manly and cool with you suave disdain for those things which went mainstream years ago. *swoon*

I know right? I mean, maybe I only hang out with geeks but I'm always more surprised when people think somethings not common knowledge.

Because of the internet, everything is mainstream these days. Or maybe nothing is mainstream anymore. Like, whoa.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kinda my whole point is that anime isn't mainstream and it's only those people who spend their days steeped in it think it's some sort of cultural wellspring from which all other media arises.

But in your haste to bag on me you have aligned your self with anime likers.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

zoux posted:

Kinda my whole point is that anime isn't mainstream and it's only those people who spend their days steeped in it think it's some sort of cultural wellspring from which all other media arises.

anime is the terror that creeps the night, we must fight against it.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Black Lagoon was alright.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Austrian mook posted:

Avatar the Last Airbender is an anime show

There was a person on this forum who asked for Korra in the original Japanese and not the dubbed American crap, and I broke into a cold sweat because I couldn't tell if he was joking.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Update: The Office gets better and better, what a brilliant cast. Everyone is so drat great, especially Dwight, Creed and Kevin.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This thread has become the abyss that stares back into you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

Darkwing Duck was American, stupid.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Aphrodite posted:

Darkwing Duck was American, stupid.

I never watched that show, how was it?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

zoux posted:

How do you define mainstream?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Austrian mook posted:

The night is dark and full of anime

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Epi Lepi posted:

How do you define mainstream?

"If you go down the street and ask a bunch of random people about a thing..."

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

I never watched that show, how was it?

I liked it as a kid, but I'm not sure how well it's aged. Nostalgia glasses are powerful.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Joramun posted:

The night is dark and full of anime

get ready for friendship speeches and cartoon breasts.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=688681021155565&l=126c86ac1a
This is relevant.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

zoux posted:

"If you go down the street and ask a bunch of random people about a thing..."

I'm pretty sure most people would be able to at least say "Isn't that that pokemon thing?"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Epi Lepi posted:

I'm pretty sure most people would be able to at least say "Isn't that that pokemon thing?"

I guess you're right, Anime is the craze that's sweepin' the nation.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Deadpool posted:

I know there's a lot of really outrageous posts going up now but come on. Nobody believes that.

Oh yeah? My 8-year old stepdaughter went to Hot Topic and came home with THIS as her new school bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

zoux posted:

It's like you're posting through a hole from 2003. A stupid reactionary hole.

• Locked thread