Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

The governors daughter in the comic was half trained not to attack the governor if I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Wasn't it because he pulled out all of her teeth?

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

what a long strange thread its been
Yeah, she still lunges at him when he enters the room. Then I believe he pulls her last few teeth out, kisses her, then promptly throws up from the taste. I was waiting for that in the tv show.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
When they first started exploring the prison they noted that some zombies just layed there and made no effort to come after them or give chase. They would bite but only if you stood right beside them. They mentioned this on the TV show as well.

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

what a long strange thread its been

Bonzo posted:

When they first started exploring the prison they noted that some zombies just layed there and made no effort to come after them or give chase. They would bite but only if you stood right beside them. They mentioned this on the TV show as well.

That still doesn't stand out as remnant of human behavior.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

But it's still more interesting than magnetizing towards the nearest human.

I was probably conflating Father Stokes's church with the one from the show. I remembered a church in the comics style, and then that scene of the "praying" zombies. So I guess the only remnant behavior in the comics was when Duane ran off when Morgan shot his chain?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

goodfuldead posted:

That still doesn't stand out as remnant of human behavior.

You honestly mean to say you don't know of any humans who just lie around and make no effort in their daily lives?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Buzkashi posted:

You honestly mean to say you don't know of any humans who just lie around and make no effort in their daily lives?
Especially people trapped in prisons who can do almost nothing anyway?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Maybe there's a big pile of zombie-stamped license plates somewhere around there.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Buzkashi posted:

Maybe there's a big pile of zombie-stamped license plates somewhere around there.

They are all: HNNNRrRGG

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Oh hey another chapter in the ALL OUT WAR came out today.

There has been a serious lack of Negan of late but it is nice to see him back. I'm going to assume the sexy picture of Dwight on the cover means he most likely will be saving the day somehow.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

therealjon_ posted:

Oh hey another chapter in the ALL OUT WAR came out today.

There has been a serious lack of Negan of late but it is nice to see him back. I'm going to assume the sexy picture of Dwight on the cover means he most likely will be saving the day somehow.

Or dying horribly

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Not a bad issue.

Pretty convenient for the Holly zombie to be completely silent, it was also a pretty obvious thing to do but since no one ever did anything like this in the novels yet I suppose it is a pretty clever trick.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Not a bad issue.

Pretty convenient for the Holly zombie to be completely silent, it was also a pretty obvious thing to do but since no one ever did anything like this in the novels yet I suppose it is a pretty clever trick.

Also now Ricks side is doctorless

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Was it actually dead Holly? Sometimes I have a hard time telling characters apart.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Definitely her.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140108174351/walkingdead/images/d/d8/Holly_Zombie.JPG

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Definitely her.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140108174351/walkingdead/images/d/d8/Holly_Zombie.JPG

Welp! Negan saved her from a rape, but killed her anyway.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Not a bad issue.

Ah, Rick should have seen that poo poo. He's smarter than that. This was a good issue, though. I just read the last 5 or so in one go. I think the book's better now than it's been in ages.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Isn't Heath a physician's assistant, EMT, or something?

Also this was a pretty great issue.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

therealjon_ posted:

He may be a tyrannical evil gently caress but he's got standards!

That trick was indeed very clever and it's right up the alley of a cruel bastard like Negan to pull something like that.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

I don't think he much saved her from rape as punished his own man for breaking the rules, I actually thought they cut her tongue out after the first read but another look at when she bites the doctor, the tongue is still there.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The savior's entire economy pretty much uses rape as its main currency. Of course only Negan is allowed to actually partake.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

New issue today, Negan grenades the place, Dwight does some under cover stuff, and Hilltop comes and saves the day. Still gonna be sad when Negan dies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I can not wait for Rick to finally snap and be worse than Negan and the Governor.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Negan's minion trying to emulate his boss's psychopathic small talk was hilarious.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This issue was pretty inconsequential, but man I laughed at that dumb Negan action figure ad.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

The most interesting event of the issue was Carl calling his father a wimp for fainting from fatigue after the grenade attack. It was cruel given the context, and seems to hint at a child so damaged and scared that he can no longer bond with any sort of father-figure prone to failure and weakness. I predict that sort of hosed-up social Darwinism/Stockholm syndrome "bonding" between Carl and Negan will show itself again.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Rick thought Carl was calling Heath a wimp and started to get mad. But Carl was making a joke about how lucky they got off getting exploded by grenades. That was my read on it, anyway.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

Rick thought Carl was calling Heath a wimp and started to get mad. But Carl was making a joke about how lucky they got off getting exploded by grenades. That was my read on it, anyway.

Mine as well.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm starting to get the feeling they're simply NOT going to defeat Negan... :ohdear:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Little Mac posted:

I'm starting to get the feeling they're simply NOT going to defeat Negan... :ohdear:

We can only hope.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

We can only hope.

It ends with Carl killing Rick and allying with Negan

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I feel like it's all groan-inducing buildup to a punchline where Jesus leads the Saviors because lots of people think those words go together.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

moths posted:

I feel like it's all groan-inducing buildup to a punchline where Jesus leads the Saviors because lots of people think those words go together.

Or Jesus pulls a Judas and betrays Rick to Negan in an effort to end the war.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think it's pretty obvious that Dwight didn't dip his arrow in zombie stuff that he shot Rick with.

Doesn't this war thing end in like 2 more issues?

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

No, Babou, that was all sarcasm.
YES, ALL OF IT, YOU FOX-EARED ASSHOLE!

therealjon_ posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that Dwight didn't dip his arrow in zombie stuff that he shot Rick with.

Doesn't this war thing end in like 2 more issues?

It ends with issue 126 I think. 127 is supposed to start the "whole new direction. "

I would legitimately be suprised if Dwight just killed Rick though. He'll probably be out for the rest of the war though. Carl will end up killing Neegan.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Consistency in the walking dead is pretty much a deadend venue for discussion but wasn't it established numerous time that only zombie bites contain the magical fever virus? I mean, Rick, Carl and many others covered themselves up head to toe in zombie innards and many characters shoot a zombie that was lying right on top of them plenty of times, you'd expect some zombie filling to have found its way into an open wound/scratch at one point or another.

Brain Aged
Feb 10, 2005

Bridle all this indiscretion, Long enough to edify. And permanently fill this hollow
They all already have the virus. Zombie bites cause them to die from infection then turn.

E: I can't read.

Brain Aged fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 12, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Whargoul posted:

It ends with issue 126 I think. 127 is supposed to start the "whole new direction. "

I would legitimately be suprised if Dwight just killed Rick though. He'll probably be out for the rest of the war though. Carl will end up killing Neegan.

The new direction is Carl playing videogames with his zombie dad in the garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I know, I said 'magical fever virus' not 'magical zombification virus'. Geez!

Zombie bites contain magic zombie venom that makes people die within a day or two unless you amputate straight away, but we've had people cover themselves in zombie guts and didn't suffer the death fever symptoms at all. So I wonder why dipping a crossbow bolt inside a zombie is lethal all of a sudden.

• Locked thread