Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Wand Lovers is still necessary to get to Wand Reactor, which is a must if you plan to use the wand as anything other than recovering PP while you're low. If you have to have it and it no longer has any drawbacks, I can't see why you wouldn't use it.

I'm curious as to why someone would play Te/Fo without using Wand Reactor, unless you're planning to spend most of the time casting... but in that case, why not use a Rod since they have much higher Tech, and many of them come with better casting-related potentials? And between PP regen potentials and the new unit set bonuses, PP Convert gets more and more obsolete, unless you severely need to make up for poor gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Rods are boring. :colbert:

But yeah, after maxing PP Convert, Elemental Weak Hit, PP Restraint 1, and Extend Assist, I don't have nearly enough SP left to touch Wand Reactor. I would if I could, but I like those other skills too much to give them up (yes, even Extend Assist). Also, I don't really like bothering with affixes very much (my most bold affix yet was putting both Ragne Soul and Tech III on my Evil Curst), and the only weapon I've ever used with an unlocked potential is the Rescue Gun. And my units are the Excube -dot c set, because I like HP/S-Def/Strike Resist more than PP. I like wandbonking things (usually for PP regen, but also if an enemy happens to present its weakpoint right to my face), but it just isn't very motivational when I know I could play a real melee class instead and have access to way more varied and interesting attack options.

Edit: I lied, I stopped at level 6 on PP Convert, but you get the idea.

Tengames posted:

Forces are boring, and tying thier damage to specific elements was the worst thing sega did. you get about 30 different attack techs, but you only get to do decent damage with 5 of them at a time.
I do find FO boring, yes, but I kind of really enjoy TE. This is the first game in the series where I have found attack techs actually enjoyable. PSO was just frustratingly worthless, and PSU was just bland. I actually really enjoy switching elements of techs based on the enemies I'm fighting. I really wish they would give a huge buff to Elemental Weak Hit, so that they would encourage people to use the correct element more often. Apart from ice, each element has at least 2-3 techs that I can enjoy spamming for an entire run.

I guess the bottom line here is that I'm lazy and not terribly good at the game, so the rebalances I'd like to see are not gonna be the same things that min/maxers would want.

Surprise Noodle fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Dec 17, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Forces are boring, and tying thier damage to specific elements was the worst thing sega did. you get about 30 different attack techs, but you only get to do decent damage with 5 of them at a time.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Surprise Noodle posted:

Rods are boring. :colbert:

But yeah, after maxing PP Convert, Elemental Weak Hit, PP Restraint 1, and Extend Assist, I don't have nearly enough SP left to touch Wand Reactor. I would if I could, but I like those other skills too much to give them up (yes, even Extend Assist). Also, I don't really like bothering with affixes very much (my most bold affix yet was putting both Ragne Soul and Tech III on my Evil Curst), and the only weapon I've ever used with an unlocked potential is the Rescue Gun. And my units are the Excube -dot c set, because I like HP/S-Def/Strike Resist more than PP. I like wandbonking things (usually for PP regen, but also if an enemy happens to present its weakpoint right to my face), but it just isn't very motivational when I know I could play a real melee class instead and have access to way more varied and interesting attack options.

Edit: I lied, I stopped at level 6 on PP Convert, but you get the idea.
I do find FO boring, yes, but I kind of really enjoy TE. This is the first game in the series where I have found attack techs actually enjoyable. PSO was just frustratingly worthless, and PSU was just bland. I actually really enjoy switching elements of techs based on the enemies I'm fighting. I really wish they would give a huge buff to Elemental Weak Hit, so that they would encourage people to use the correct element more often. Apart from ice, each element has at least 2-3 techs that I can enjoy spamming for an entire run.

I guess the bottom line here is that I'm lazy and not terribly good at the game, so the rebalances I'd like to see are not gonna be the same things that min/maxers would want.
Honestly, playing as a 65/65 fo/te with endgame gear (affixed Primra units, affixed +20 Kajiba Gokou), I find WHE more than strong enough. Now, 120% damage alone wouldn't be that much, but you can get Fire/Ice/Elec on the Force tree up to 114% with 5 pts in Mastery 1 and 1 pt in Mastery 2, and Wind/Light/Dark to 120% with maxed Mastery 1. Combined with Lv10 Tech Charge Advance 1&2 and Tech JA you're looking at

1.1 (Charge Advance) x 1.1 (Charge Advance 2) x 1.1 (Tech JA Advance) x 1.2 (Weak Hit Element) x 1.14 or 1.2 (that element's Mastery)

before either normal JA bonus (1.3) or the actual enemy weakness (1.2 to 2.0). That's some pretty ridiculous damage if your Tech stat is over 2000 (which it should be by the time you get anywhere near Lv60). All of that and you can still max PP Restraint which, combined with a PP regen weapon (Saint Feather, Volcano Mace, Kajiba Gokou, or if you are low level or can't get any of the above, Seitenheise) and ~140 PP (units/weapon affixes, PP Drink) lets you two-shot most small enemies with the correct element.

Playing 100% nuker is fun and overpowered. Gunnters may have the single-target damage, but nothing beats force group damage.

e: messed up a number, 1.14 not 1.4. For those who want to put all their points into a single tree, you do get 144% damage from maxing both masteries, but obviously WHE no longer applies most of the time. Still, it can be a nice change of pace if you're looking for more excitement in your nuking.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 17, 2013

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Here's my skilltree, for reference: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/sk...Ik00000ib000008

Might be a bit off on a few FO skills, but it's close.

Anyway, I'm a male robot, so my T-Atk at 65/65 TE/FO is somewhere around 1650. I'm not killing poo poo in 2 attacks, unless one of them is Namegid.

The TE tree is just such a complete loving mess. I mean, just look at all that useless garbage in there. Compare Elemental Weak Hit to Talis Boost. TE has to invest 31 SP to get a 20% damage boost for when you go out of your way to use the correct element, and FO gets a 20% boost just for using a certain weapon, and it only costs 6 SP. Yeah, that's totally balanced.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Surprise Noodle posted:

Here's my skilltree, for reference: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/sk...Ik00000ib000008

Might be a bit off on a few FO skills, but it's close.

Anyway, I'm a male robot, so my T-Atk at 65/65 TE/FO is somewhere around 1650. I'm not killing poo poo in 2 attacks, unless one of them is Namegid.

The TE tree is just such a complete loving mess. I mean, just look at all that useless garbage in there. Compare Elemental Weak Hit to Talis Boost. TE has to invest 31 SP to get a 20% damage boost for when you go out of your way to use the correct element, and FO gets a 20% boost just for using a certain weapon, and it only costs 6 SP. Yeah, that's totally balanced.

Talis generally have stats 25% lower than Rods of the same level, so all they are trying to do there is give people a reason to use them. They're still weaker than Rods, but at least they're not significantly weaker anymore.

My character is a caseal, and my mag isn't 100% Tech, but the biggest stats come from 1) the right weapon and 2) putting ragne/elder/wolgarda (for the rebel) soul + tech 3 on as many things as you can. A lot of the new units give pretty decent bonuses too, Primra for instance gives 60 Strike and Tech. Midia set gives 90 Tech, but good luck finding those...

A lot of people are underrating Kajiba Gokou because of the strike def requirement, but that's perfect for casts. It has the same PP Regen as Seitenheise, only much better stats. In fact its Tech is only a little under Saint Feather, the current strongest PP Regen rod.

Esuka Hermes and its 7% weak element boost is the ideal end-game nuker rod once you get your units in order. If you can kill stuff in one shot instead of two, who needs PP regen?

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Yeah but, I don't like Rods and I refuse to use them (except for when I am inevitably forced to level FO each time they raise the level cap), so that doesn't help me.

Also, I value HP and defensive stats way more than attack power, and I'm not really willing to buy and affix units. If I bother to affix most things, I just slap Ragne Soul on it and call it a day.

I guess it's just a playstyle thing. I'm content to sit back and spam slightly weaker techs almost endlessly. I don't really care to kill things instantly, since I don't like playing solo.

The TE skilltree is still complete bullshit, though.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
They really could do with completely overhauling the skills trees, since all of them have dud skills with no real utility and too many prerequisites that give negligible effects to get to the real meat.

That said, finding and upgrading/customizing gear is a core system, and if you're not willing to do that, then you're going to have a rougher time of things.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Protocol 5 posted:

That said, finding and upgrading/customizing gear is a core system, and if you're not willing to do that, then you're going to have a rougher time of things.

This is certainly true, but I can sympathize with anyone who's been turned off by the gear customization system. Aside from the possibility of breaking your equipment on failures, it's hard to think of a way to make customizing/upgrading more hateful and a bigger turnoff to players than what we have now (note: I haven't played anything else in the PSO series).

That said, gearing for a nuker isn't too terrible right now. The Luxe Soire (black wing) set provides fantastic PP bonuses and Ragne/Elder Soul and Technique III units and weapons are dirt cheap on Ship 2. You can probably afford to fully affix your units after one round of TACOs, two at the most.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
There is a hierarchy to upgrading equipment that really lets people do as little or as much as they want. In order of importance:

Grinding (+10 raises a 10* weapon's stats by 190%, only requires luck and money)
Attribute (50% element increases strike/shoot damage across the board, Techs are not affected so casters can skip this. Gives less of a pure damage boost than grinding, but this is actually far easier as it requires 0 luck)
Abilities (affixing has a somewhat steep learning curve and can end up potentially costing the most and taking the most time, but can also pay off with huge stat numbers)

You can absolutely get by with a final offense stat ([base x shifta]+weapon+units) under 2400. For people who don't want to drag down their party members, or who just don't like having to be carried by other players, there's always a little more you can do to get stronger.

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

Surprise Noodle posted:

The TE skilltree is still complete bullshit, though.

I think that the Techter actually has one of the better skill trees in terms of versatility - there are tons of useful skills that can complement your playstyle depending on how you like to play. PP Restorate is always useful, you've got the Shifta/Deband Advance and Extend Assist skills if you like to play more of a support role, Territory Burst can be used both offensively and defensively, and there are the Mastery/Element Weak Hit skills if you want to get more damage out of your techs. I do agree that the left side of the skill tree is pretty poorly designed right now, but with the upcoming change to Wand Lovers it'll be a lot more viable. I would like to see unique elemental bonuses like the fire tech charge speed or bolt tech PP save that Force has right now, but that doesn't look to be happening anytime soon.

Protocol 5 posted:

They really could do with completely overhauling the skills trees, since all of them have dud skills with no real utility and too many prerequisites that give negligible effects to get to the real meat.

If there's any class that needs this right now, it's the Ranger by far. Weak Bullet is extremely useful and Weak Hit Advance is really nice, but the other skills are very poorly-designed. Standing Snipe will deactivate anytime you move, which is something you'll be doing a lot, especially with PAs like Parallel Slider or Rodeo Drive. The other special bullet/trap skills are just not worth taking when Weak Bullet completely outshines them in every single way, and considering you can get Weak Bullet almost right out of the gate, the only reason to go down the right side of the tree is to get PP Save Bullet, which is a 14 SP investment before you can even start putting points into it.

On the plus side, it does mean that most Ranger items go for cheap prices, so it's not a problem to get yourself equipped at higher levels. Still, Ranger definitely needs to be revamped.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Standing Snipe being entirely useless with twin mechs is bullshit, too. You can't activate it after Stylish Roll (since you were moving), and even normal attacks move you too much to let the following attack get the benefit. You can get the bonus if you use a PA from standstill, but that means no JA, so there goes the rest of your damage.

And yes, the Techter tree has so much good stuff that it's often hard to choose, but look at surprise noodle's build link. Maxed WHE but no mastery at all for several elements, maxed Assist Extend but no Territory Boost. To be fair, it is difficult to make room for Wand Reactor AND Lv10 WHE and PP Restraint. Fortunately as Techter main, you'll be using using your weapon as a weapon a lot more than you would as a force.

Here's my WHE-centric Fo/Te build

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/sk...bic00009b000008

Fire/Ice/Elec/Wind/Dark all get 114% and Light gets 117% boost from masteries, giving you 137%/140% damage when using the correct element against an enemy. Maxed Charge and JA gives you an additional 133% modifier; that puts us at 182% damage (186% with Light) before regular JA bonus (1.3) and enemy weakness (x2). This ends up being 475% damage against every enemy in the game, and that's not counting if you have a weapon with a potential that further increases damage: element boost 116%, Tech JA bonus 105%, weak element 107%.

In addition to the masteries, I put points in the Ice tree to gain access to T-Atk Hi Up which is phenomenal for the points invested. Photon Flare also gives you nice burst damage against bosses.

My primary build actually removes the points from everything below Light Mastery 1, which allows me to max Wind/Light/Dark Mastery 1 giving them all 120% damage out the door, and a few more points into Resta Advance (which is always nice) or whatever you enjoy. Super Treatment is a nice little bonus in PP recovery though, when you have the chance to activate it. If you forego Super Treatment for pure damage, then Wind/Light/Dark ends up being 498%.

Of course, all of these modifiers mean nothing if your combined Tech isn't a certain amount above the enemy defense stat. Hence the importance of weapon grinding and offense stat affixes.

e: here's a Weak Hit Element build for Te/Fo, with wand gear.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/sk...oib00009b000008

e2: fixed links

also surprise noodle I noticed that you put 5 SP into Bolt Mastery 1 and 5 SP into Bolt Mastery 2, giving you 118% damage for electric techs. If you put all 10 SP into Bolt Mastery 1, you'd have 120%. Just something to consider.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 17, 2013

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN posted:

also surprise noodle I noticed that you put 5 SP into Bolt Mastery 1 and 5 SP into Bolt Mastery 2, giving you 118% damage for electric techs. If you put all 10 SP into Bolt Mastery 1, you'd have 120%. Just something to consider.
Yeah, I filled that tree out from memory, so that's probably one of the ones that I was slightly off on. I still very well may have done something that boneheaded though. I just haven't bothered to use a reset ticket yet, hence why I still have 3 SP in Shifta Advance even though I only need 1 now for Wand Gear.

I don't know, I think I'm just too set in my ways. My build is really centered more on convenience than power. I can't see myself ever giving up PP Convert, just because of how useful it is during bosses (especially since my equipment leaves with a max of...100 PP), nor do I really want to give up max level Extend Assist. As stupid as it sounds, I'm just holding out hope that they will one day buff the hell out of support and EWH, or give Techer a skill that approximates PP Charge Revival, so I can sub something other than FO without being super gimped in casting ability.

To be honest, I know my poo poo isn't quite up to par with the end-game stuff, but even with ~1650 T-Atk and my messed up tree, I never feel like I'm not putting out enough damage. In most areas, I can solo pretty effectively, even for bosses, but solo play bores me in a game like this. Really, the only time that I've felt that my equipment wasn't sufficient was when Super Hard was first released, and then it was my units that were the problem. Now that I no longer die in 2 hits from common enemies, I feel powerful enough to handle everything in the game, apart from certain bosses that still kill me too quickly.

That said, I'll definitely consider making some changes to my tree if I ever get around to popping one of those reset tickets.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Well, it's that time again, Nol Vacancy has somehow become full again despite not really having anyone playing all that much anymore, so some people are gonna have to get clipped. As before, I'll be listing the account names affected so we can keep track of who got cut.

The following game IDs are affected:
Megas XLR Mk 5
Vince Videogame
TheChimpyMan
Glenn565
AzMiLion
pushbselect
mordrid
snackchan
Shabloimps
ActionSandman
Harukiro
Piers Gatrie
General Morden
Ragnamuffin
Mars Volta
knowbee
Melomelon
Jana

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

AndyAML posted:

If there's any class that needs this right now, it's the Ranger by far. Weak Bullet is extremely useful and Weak Hit Advance is really nice, but the other skills are very poorly-designed. Standing Snipe will deactivate anytime you move, which is something you'll be doing a lot, especially with PAs like Parallel Slider or Rodeo Drive. The other special bullet/trap skills are just not worth taking when Weak Bullet completely outshines them in every single way, and considering you can get Weak Bullet almost right out of the gate, the only reason to go down the right side of the tree is to get PP Save Bullet, which is a 14 SP investment before you can even start putting points into it.

Pretty much. I have Ranger at 52, with WB/WHA/SS and everything all filled out and I still have a bunch of points to spare, nevermind the other 13 from levelling, but.. well nothing's really worth putting them into, I guess.

Actually, how does Standing Snipe work with hold/charge PAs like Master Shot, Penetrating Arrow, etc? It's never been entirely clear to me..

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

You can absolutely get by with a final offense stat ([base x shifta]+weapon+units) under 2400. For people who don't want to drag down their party members, or who just don't like having to be carried by other players, there's always a little more you can do to get stronger.

Leaving aside weapon classes with low base ATK, 2400 ATK with Shifta as the cutoff point for deadweight in Super Hard is kinda ridiculous, since multipliers from skills and latents make a much bigger difference than raw ATK except in large amounts. Shooting for boss soul and ATK affixes on your weapons and units for that 240 ATK is a good idea, and not too horribly expensive for the most part, but just stacking your ATK stat as high as you can go is not going to be anywhere near as cost effective as unlocking a latent that gives you a damage multiplier or boosts PP regen. The pay off is a lot better with less frustration than trying to triple affix for ATK Boost.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

kirbysuperstar posted:

Pretty much. I have Ranger at 52, with WB/WHA/SS and everything all filled out and I still have a bunch of points to spare, nevermind the other 13 from levelling, but.. well nothing's really worth putting them into, I guess.

Actually, how does Standing Snipe work with hold/charge PAs like Master Shot, Penetrating Arrow, etc? It's never been entirely clear to me..

In order for Standing Snipe to activate, your character must be still RELATIVE TO THE GAME COORDINATES for roughly one second before the attack, or the amount of time it takes for your reticle to return to normal in over-the-shoulder view. This has nothing to do with whether or not the reticle is actually dilated or not; Standing Snipe will not activate if you are being pushed/moved for any reason, for instance, on the back of a Kartargot or the hull of Big Varder.

Second, when Standing Snipe DOES activate for a Photon Art, the damage modifier applies to every part of the attack even if you begin to move again. For instance, if you activte Kamikaze Arrow from a standstill, even though the actual attack causes you to move, you will get the full benefits. Likewise, if you use Infinite Fire from a standstill (Standing Snipe is not possible after a Stylish Roll, obviously) you will keep the bonus even if you begin to walk around while firing.

For your question specifically, the attack is not considered to have begun until after you let go of the charged attack; you can be moving while you hold down the button, but you need to be still for roughly one second before letting go in order to get the Standing Snipe bonus.

When using consecutive PAs, it's important to consider whether or not the last one moves your character. Comboing out of Kamikaze Arrow or Tritt Shooter will not let the following attack get Standing Snipe bonus, but Master Shoot into Kamikaze Arrow will.

sources:
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A3%E3%83%BC#g4d52013
http://pso2wiki.net/%E3%83%AC%E3%83....82.A4.E3.83.97

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 18, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

For your question specifically, the attack is not considered to have begun until after you let go of the charged attack; you can be moving while you hold down the button, but you need to be still for roughly one second before letting go in order to get the Standing Snipe bonus.

When using consecutive PAs, it's important to consider whether or not the last one moves your character. Comboing out of Kamikaze Arrow or Tritt Shooter will not let the following attack get Standing Snipe bonus, but Master Shoot into Kamikaze Arrow will.

Ahhh right, good to know. Thank you!

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The patch should be available for download soon. Major additions for this update include the Mining Base Defense EQ, EP2 Chapter 4, and the new katana and bow PAs. Mining Base is going to have a bunch of new systems, so brace for bugs.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
I thought the story quest was next week?

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

You're right, I had thought next week was just the new AC/FUN scratch stuff.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
So tooling around with the new Bow PAs is interesting.

Nemesis Arrow (also known as Nemesis End or Final Nemesis, both of which are stupid names) is practically NaMegid with two very heavy draw backs. You're locked into position when using it, making you float and you can't keep the charge ala NaMegid. It also has travel time making it tricky to use. It's one of the most powerful PAs out there though.

Banishing Arrow on the other hand is your standard bubble of death that's similar to gravity point. When used, it attaches itself to a target and allows you to stack damage, as long as attacks (from what I can tell) are hitting the bubble. Or at least in it's direction.

A friend of mine has been using the new Katana PAs and seeing how they work.

Fudou-Kuchinashi is the stun move in the trailers. It's the bubble that instantly surrounds the user and it's pretty much a guaranteed stun. It works extremely well with Katana Combat obviously enough.

The other PA (which I don't know the name to) is pretty much Katana's Over End from my friend's perspective. When using it, you have to press and hold the direction to select which kind of attack you want and it deals a large amount of damage on each swing. Like Over End, it leaves you open to several attacks. Seems the kind of thing that's hard to master but can cause extreme damage.

Well that's my two cents on this.

Laksa
Sep 25, 2012
Played mining base defense a short while ago, its really fun. Final wave of enemies has a new boss in it.
Logged on after a long time out of the game, team seems kinda empty.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
The mining base defense EQ is fantastically fun and can even get legitimately tense at times. My first run of it had saw us lose two bases by early wave 5 and left everyone scrambling to desperately defend the center against waves of buffed, hyper-speed darkers, including Ragne and the new boss. Good stuff and a nice twist compared to the more bog standard gameplay we get with most EQs.

It also drops 10*s like crazy and vomits XP everywhere. I got six 10*s in two runs and finally have enough R-atk to use those Flamme Revolvers! :getin:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
alright here are some notes on the new defense mission for those of you who haven't done it yet.

the points to upgrade defenses are gained soley through collecting crystals that spawn all over the map all the time. grab what you can if they appear near you, or if you are set up to do one of the knuckle/dagger/double/triple dashes then you could almost devote yourself to that.

You do not spend points, they only serve as checkpoints to unlock new options. however, you can use each option only once per mission.

On Defense Grid spots the menu looks something like:
code:
Gatling Turret 		    : 100pts
Gatling Turret 		    : 1-2k pts (idk the exact amount)
Photon Particle Beam Turret : 5k pts (try to reach this by the final wave)
Photon Particle Beam Turret : ???(I don't know, I didn't bother to remember this)
The PPBs are new turrets that use the charge cannon model. you charge them up and a meter on you screen fills, at max you release to fire a huge gently caress-off beam that does a shitload of damage over a couple seconds. but be careful with it as you only get one shot, so make it count.

on the towers themselves you have the following options:
code:
Blast Barrier  : ???
Restore Energy : ???
Blast Barrier  : ???
Restore energy : ???

yeah I don't remember the point values.
Blast Barrier either completely shields the tower for a short time or knocks enemies away or something. I noticed some enemies near an active barrier had their feet frozen to the floor.
Restore Energy heals the tower a little, simple.

I think a Gwanahada spawns on Wave 3, a Ragne on wave 5, and the new boss on Wave 6, the final wave.

Oh also the Tier 2 Clone weapons drop here. each one has a weird random second class that can equip them too. also there are Clone Swords now.
Sword: Techer, Wired Lance: Ranger, Launcher: Braver, Mechguns: Fighter, Wand: Gunner.

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 18, 2013

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
The first time we played it we barely scraped by with a sliver of health left on the final tower for a C rank. The second time, about half health left, B rank. I got disconnected during the 3rd run :( but the 4th run we had about 75% of all tower health left, and got an A rank.

The new clone weapons have terrible stats compared to existing weapons, but they do have some unorthodox secondary class equips. I feel sorry for melee even more now, though, given how goddamn big the map is, and what a bitch it must be to zoom back and forth while nukers and Gunnters drop groups of enemies. War Cry has never been more useful, though.

If you could get communication going between the parties, instead of everyone just heading for the nearest dots on the map, I'm sure you could easily snatch S rank. That must be a truckload of items at the end...

e: nexttime, looks like the final photon cannon is available at 8000 pts

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E6%8E%A1%E6%8E%98%E5%9F%BA%E5%9C%B0%E9%98%B2%E8%A1%9B%E6%88%A6%EF%BC%9A%E8%A5%B2%E6%9D%A5

their is griefing potential in the fact thta people can activate the freeze barriers even when there are no enemies around, wasting them. Each tower has 2 heals and 2 barriers for the entire duration of the mission. I did see several people activating the barriers in between waves when there were no enemies around, not sure if it was by accident or on purpose.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 18, 2013

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Do the new Braver PAs come from the rare Dingles/bosses in quarry?

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

The first time we played it we barely scraped by with a sliver of health left on the final tower for a C rank. The second time, about half health left, B rank. I got disconnected during the 3rd run :( but the 4th run we had about 75% of all tower health left, and got an A rank.

The new clone weapons have terrible stats compared to existing weapons, but they do have some unorthodox secondary class equips. I feel sorry for melee even more now, though, given how goddamn big the map is, and what a bitch it must be to zoom back and forth while nukers and Gunnters drop groups of enemies. War Cry has never been more useful, though.

If you could get communication going between the parties, instead of everyone just heading for the nearest dots on the map, I'm sure you could easily snatch S rank. That must be a truckload of items at the end...

After the holidays pass, it might be worthwhile to try to organize some parties for this EQ. Surely there are enough Goons plus their friends that play so we could organize a full group of 12. As for communications, there is always the Camping the Stairs mumble or Skype.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Devour or Fire posted:

Do the new Braver PAs come from the rare Dingles/bosses in quarry?

No, Banish Arrow and Motionless Gardenia can be found in the Mine Defense EQ; Last Nemesis and Ribald Orchid drop from the rare version of Bibras.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
To clarify, those first two PAs are from the rare Goldrahda, which is Rinze Drahda or something like that. The other two are from Dark Rinzese.

Surprise Noodle fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 18, 2013

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
there are now a whole new set of 11* weapons from this mission, Sword, Double saber, Gunslash, Rifle, and Talis.

also there are reports of Elder's 11*s also showing up in that huge crystal, so more places for me to not get any of those weapons.

Railgun
Aug 12, 2010
New mission looks like defend pse burst crystals enhanced.

Railgun fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 18, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Bibras also drops his own set of 10* boss weapons and units that are really nice. The weapons are a Wired Lance, Launcher, Bow, and Rod, each takes 420 RDEF to equip, is multiclass (Hu, Ra, Br, Fo), and all of them have 900+ TATK in addition to the base stats. All of them have Immortal Fang as the latent (+X% damage to darkers), and are part of a set with the 3 Bibras units. The units take 395 DEX, high SDEF, mid R and TDEF, blow resistance, 8% Dark resistance, 40HP/3PP. The set effect is 60 all ATK/3PP for three, double that for four. Not quite as high DEF or PP as the SH sets, but slightly cheaper to upgrade and affix, and has high and useful resistances. With equipment extend coming up soon, these look like an excellent choice to boost up.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Railgun posted:

New mission looks like defend pse burst crystals enhanced.

I really should have quoted your original post.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What's on Bibras Soul? Also, does it look like there's any chance for it to pop up in normal fields or does it look like it's going to be really specific to tower defense?

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
If I had to guess, I'd assume Dark Vibrace will start spawning in free exploration areas once you defeat it the first time in the EQ. If so, it'll probably show up in the quest records in a couple days.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Bibras Soul is 20T-ATK 20R-ATK 5HP 1PP, so in line with the other 20/20/5/1 boss souls.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Ok, I give up. What is the secret to not being awful at the tower defense EQ? I've run it like 6 times now, and have yet to have more than 1 tower survive with more than 15% health. I think the parties I've been in have only managed to kill Vibrace once or twice out of those runs too. Usually the wave ends and he gets bored and runs away.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Surprise Noodle posted:

Ok, I give up. What is the secret to not being awful at the tower defense EQ? I've run it like 6 times now, and have yet to have more than 1 tower survive with more than 15% health. I think the parties I've been in have only managed to kill Vibrace once or twice out of those runs too. Usually the wave ends and he gets bored and runs away.

Uhhhh what? What block are you playing on, and who are you playing with? Can you even finish the mission with Bibrath surving? I've never seen it live for more than a minute after appearing.

Each person has 2 heals and 2 barriers, so that's 24 heals/barriers with the whole group combined. You've also each got turrets and photon beam things, but turrets are kind of weak and the photon beams should only be used towards the end. Even if no one is communicating and people abandon the towers to go run off and fight stuff on the other side, surely someone should have the sense to stick behind or realize that after a group spawns on that side, a new one will spawn on this side.

Ideally you would have a group of 4 in the middle that can have two people go to either side if they need, a group of 3 on each side tower, and two people dashing around picking up crystals. People have started calling roles/towers before the mission begins, so that helps. Be proactive and tell people "our party will take this tower" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
EDIT: ^^ that is also good advice

Surprise Noodle posted:

Pretty sure it is just that your Multiparty sucks. Are you getting 5k points by the wave Vibrace spawns (for Photon Particle Beams)? Are people actually shielding and healing the towers? Is there someone zondeeling/warcrying enemies off of the towers? Outside of things like that, the only other thing would be that the total damage output of your MPAs are crap.

• Locked thread