Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Skuto posted:

This is why you're not getting laid.

I don't know what you're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx7eqdkwxEw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
I don't get that "mother, father, serpent, the beast" thing. Is that a reference?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Wow holy poo poo the Hysteria chart is flat out terrible and goes out of its way to make the song as difficult to play as possible.

Supermassive black hole has some weird thing going on too where your guitar is extremely silent.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Which chart? Guitar or Bass? The bass chart is the first time I've seen anyone get something that sounds right, every custom I've ever tried of the song does a good job with the main riff and then falls apart for the chorus.

The guitar solo charting seemed a little odd though, like it could've been charted elsewhere easier.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
keyframe, are you planning to update/expand the OP anytime soon?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Fina posted:

Which chart? Guitar or Bass? The bass chart is the first time I've seen anyone get something that sounds right, every custom I've ever tried of the song does a good job with the main riff and then falls apart for the chorus.

The guitar solo charting seemed a little odd though, like it could've been charted elsewhere easier.

Guitar. The solo and intro are ridiculous.

Fire Safety Doug posted:

keyframe, are you planning to update/expand the OP anytime soon?

People usually pop in and ask questions here and get more up to date info that way. I don't have the time to make a NeoGaf style OP but if you feel something is missing post it and I will copy it to the OP.

keyframe fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 18, 2013

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Hey rocksmith bros.

I just started messing with the Muse pack tonight (yes!) and have been having a good time with muscle memory and hysteria. I am pretty bad at this point, but I connect well with these songs. It is amazing what rocksmith has done for me so far. Pulled my strat out from 10 years of dust, restrung it with some silver bullets, and it has been a blast ever since. I hope the bass support is as good as the rhythm/lead because I got some strings for my old bass and that is next up on memory lane. My only gripe is that my old amp is not that great and I am way too cheap to upgrade that right now.

If only this had existed years ago. :(

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

keyframe posted:

Wow holy poo poo the Hysteria chart is flat out terrible and goes out of its way to make the song as difficult to play as possible.

That's kind of the song *shrug*

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Freaking uPlay Launcher process didn't actually close when I closed its window a few days ago, so now Steam thinks I've played Rocksmith more than any other game I have by a fair margin. Thanks for making me a liar uPlay.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Brightman posted:

Freaking uPlay Launcher process didn't actually close when I closed its window a few days ago, so now Steam thinks I've played Rocksmith more than any other game I have by a fair margin. Thanks for making me a liar uPlay.

Yeah I'd get something like that sometimes too... I'd play Rocksmith, quit the game, and when I tried to load it again later it said it's still running.

I'd be so happy if companies just let Steam be the only DRM, but ah well.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

toymach1ne posted:

That's kind of the song *shrug*

I think Matt goes out of his way to play things the hard way. I picked up the lead riff of Knights of Cydonia by ear and verified it with the tab, playing it low on the fretboard, but Rocksmith has it charted higher (lots of 7 and 10s). Even the tabs for the song showed low frets... but, I found some performance videos and there he is laying down those licks high on the fretboard.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Tarq posted:

I think Matt goes out of his way to play things the hard way. I picked up the lead riff of Knights of Cydonia by ear and verified it with the tab, playing it low on the fretboard, but Rocksmith has it charted higher (lots of 7 and 10s). Even the tabs for the song showed low frets... but, I found some performance videos and there he is laying down those licks high on the fretboard.

Yeah the people that do the tabs in Rocksmith look at performance videos and if that's how they actually play it, that's how it'll be in the game.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So is there a way to get the RS1 export/DLC on Mac as of yet? Just switched over from 360, and I want to play The Thrill is Gone so much... (Gave my 360 copy to a friend. Still owed 'em for loaning me a decent bass for a few months to play RS2012 anyway.)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Can't you still buy a copy of RS1? If not, get a key from Amazon when they have it on sale again?

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

Dewgy posted:

So is there a way to get the RS1 export/DLC on Mac as of yet? Just switched over from 360, and I want to play The Thrill is Gone so much... (Gave my 360 copy to a friend. Still owed 'em for loaning me a decent bass for a few months to play RS2012 anyway.)
Well, RS1 doesn't work on Mac, but you don't need to launch it to use the import tool. You just have to own it on Steam.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Dewgy posted:

I ended up getting RS1 on sale, and buying the import tool. IT ended up being like $17.50 total. Then it unlocks all the content and any DLC you purchase for RS1 will show up.

I was going to hold out and try to find a cheap PC copy with cable to do 2 player but it never came up before the sale hit. Then I ended up getting lucky and finding a bare cable at target close out price for only 8$

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

Dewgy posted:

I can confirm what the previous posters said, if you buy RS1 on Steam along with the import tool then those songs will play in your Mac Rocksmith 2014 along with any RS1 DLC. Works great!

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I get so loving angry when the Rocksmith crowd starts chattering over my playing so loud I can't even hear it. If a real crowd did that I'd walk off, I swear to god I'd go full Morrissey and tell them all to gently caress themselves and go home.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Tempo 119 posted:

I get so loving angry when the Rocksmith crowd starts chattering over my playing so loud I can't even hear it. If a real crowd did that I'd walk off, I swear to god I'd go full Morrissey and tell them all to gently caress themselves and go home.

I went into the settings and disabled that stuff altogether.

That is the only thing I miss from RS1, is having normal mode and then you do your concerts later and if you do well you get an encore song.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
My girlfriend walked in on me playing yesterday and exclaimed "OH It's Guitar Hero!". :smith:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Toadsniff posted:

My girlfriend walked in on me playing yesterday and exclaimed "OH It's Guitar Hero!". :smith:

There's nothing wrong with that. It's how I explain the game to people who have no knowledge of it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Tempo 119 posted:

A real crowd shouldn't be able to drown out your monitor so it's all good for our future rock stardom.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Nocheez posted:

There's nothing wrong with that. It's how I explain the game to people who have no knowledge of it.

We are aspiring MUSICIANS not floozies playing plastic guitars.

:smuggo:

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!
I was at a Guitar Center the other day with the boyfriend to buy him a strap and strap locks, and we chatted up with this sales associate which eventually brought up Rocksmith.

Apparently Guitar Center is endorsing Band Fuse, she(Sales Associate) told us "Well, unlike Rocksmith where you use use a cheap plastic guitar you can use a real guitar with Band Fuse."

I can't blame her for not knowing, Rocksmith's not that popular and everyone that correlates video games with music = Guitar Hero.

:smith:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Well it's more popular than Bandfuse. :smug:

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
The last time I was in Guitar Center, they had a Rocksmith Kiosk setup to demo it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I hope they both get popular so that there's some competition and they can steal features from one another.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Rusty posted:

The last time I was in Guitar Center, they had a Rocksmith Kiosk setup to demo it.

Same but that was (a) year(s) ago when Rocksmith had just come out.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.

Edward_Lapine posted:

I can't blame her for not knowing, Rocksmith's not that popular and everyone that correlates video games with music = Guitar Hero.

I'd expect people who work in a music store to know it by now because of people coming in to buy guitars for it, but eh. As for not as popular, it's no Guitar Hero in its heyday but their sales were apparently quite well enough to do a sequel and market it a lot harder.

Among the people you know that play guitar, who hasn't at least heard about it by now?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Skuto posted:

I'd expect people who work in a music store to know it by now because of people coming in to buy guitars for it, but eh. As for not as popular, it's no Guitar Hero in its heyday but their sales were apparently quite well enough to do a sequel and market it a lot harder.

Among the people you know that play guitar, who hasn't at least heard about it by now?

If my mom knows what Rocksmith is without me telling, a music store employee should drat well know.

But then again, this is Guitar Center we're talking about. I swore to never walk in there again after an employee basically insulted me in my face when I told him that, no, I don't want to spend $120 to have you file my nut down when I can just do it myself.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Renegret posted:

If my mom knows what Rocksmith is without me telling, a music store employee should drat well know.

But then again, this is Guitar Center we're talking about. I swore to never walk in there again after an employee basically insulted me in my face when I told him that, no, I don't want to spend $120 to have you file my nut down when I can just do it myself.

Dude just wanted to touch some nuts.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
Has anyone here played Bandfuse?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Renegret posted:

Is it possible they were mixing up Rock Band and Rocksmith, cause I could see that happening

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I had unlocked some sections in master mode, but today I got better at some of those. After experiencing what it was like for the hints totally disappear it was a little crazy but awesome. This game makes it feel like riding a bike. First you have your training wheels on and then you have your dad holding the back of your bike and suddenly he lets go and you are riding on your own.

I don't think I ever got this far with RS1, but now I feel pretty confident that once I work on master mode on a track like this it will ween you away from being dependent on the game which is what I was hoping.

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006

Tarq posted:

I did and let me tell you, it's far beyond a game. It's a lifestyle. A calling. A calling that eventually becomes a voice and a desire. A desire to reach down and look at crowds up at across the world and rock them to the very core. It's the siren of youth and experience sounding off as a single unit, as a band. You, are the band. We are the fuse.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Tarq posted:

I couldn't even review the game, it's really not for me

If you are interested in our sites 3.5/5 review though http://www.theriffrepeater.com/review-bandfuse-rock-legends-guitar-bass-vocals-xbox360-ps3/

tl;dr it's a good supplement to Rocksmith but outside of playing the songs the game doesn't offer very much

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
I just noticed that Bandfuse is getting substantial Hendrix DLC (15 songs worth, to be released gradually). Really hoping we can expect some of that in Rocksmith.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Rocksmith 1 PC is back on sale for $15 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GKT2W2/

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Toadsniff posted:

Rocksmith 1 PC is back on sale for $15 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GKT2W2/

Same price on Steam. Also all Rocksmith (the first one) DLC is 50% off right now. The winter sale has begun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dude
Nov 18, 2000
Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude.

Elenkis posted:

I just noticed that Bandfuse is getting substantial Hendrix DLC (15 songs worth, to be released gradually). Really hoping we can expect some of that in Rocksmith.
I suppose you can hope for people to convert them into Rocksmith customs, but for now I'm pretty sure Hendrix is Bandfuse-exclusive: http://home.bandfuse.com/news/32104/

Exclusive deals are the reason competition is not necessarily better for players in the music game genre.