Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I think it came with the shrubbery costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

IMJack posted:

The Cursed Contact Lense of Legato is gonna be a Thing, isn't it. Someone (Bacon) is gonna pick it up and it's going to come back to haunt everyone later.

That's how its power will be destroyed--overwhelmed by Bacon's all-encompassing Bacon-ness.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I'm going to be really disappointed in Gigi if someone learns a lesson from this.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I'll accept it if it's panpipe learning that being a complete total goon makes you a terrible person.

Also to not create situations where the protags can ignore the real antagonists.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

umalt posted:

I'll accept it if it's panpipe learning that being a complete total goon makes you a terrible person.

Also to not create situations where the protags can ignore the real antagonists.

Yeah, don't be a creepy shitlord is a lesson that's always worth learning.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Are those magic contact lenses?

I think it's just one lense. It fell out of his right eye, which was the one that kept doing the dramatic anime fire, too.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
New comic! http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-441/

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
If you haven't learned not to bully people in worlds where magic exists, you really deserve what you get.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I love Lute now. :3:
And it's oddly hilarious that Mandolin is calling Lute "Dude".

Also,Saturday's character card is up.

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 20, 2013

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I dunno, Cabbage gets away with bullying his son scot-free, and his son's even got magic power.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

I dunno, Cabbage gets away with bullying his son scot-free, and his son's even got magic power.

That's because Cabbage has the magical power of All The Money.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Lobe posted:

Man, have you SEEN his Jerk stat? You'd need more than a collection of macguffins to overcome that :haw:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If Saturday has other peoples stuff and Cabbage has a magic son and all the money what'd happen if Saturday tried to steal Cabbage's money?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

RandomPauI posted:

If Saturday has other peoples stuff and Cabbage has a magic son and all the money what'd happen if Saturday tried to steal Cabbage's money?

Cabbage go live in Saturday's tower so he still has all the money next to him.

Saturday, obviously, would not want that, so she'll never go against Cabbage's money. Far too dangerous.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tollymain posted:

Man, have you SEEN his Jerk stat? You'd need more than a collection of macguffins to overcome that :haw:

Yeah this mandolin must have like 1, 1.5 jerkface stat stars, tops.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
This whole arc could have been avoided if he was more effective at crushing nerds.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What if Saturday's real name is Sundae?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

The GIG posted:

This whole arc could have been avoided if he was more effective at crushing nerds.

Kill All Nerds
                 /

(alternate fast version)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The Leper Colon V posted:

What if Saturday's real name is Sundae?

http://inception.davepedu.com/

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

The GIG posted:

Man, Mandolin doesn't even recognize this chump. I bet Mandolin was just kinda standing around picking his nose when Panpipe tripped or something, maybe knocked over the girl he's got a crush on, and he decided it was Mandolin's fault because he was the closest scapegoat. This whole arc has literally been about the size of Panpipe's narcissistic streak (fun fact: You don't have to be pretty to have one of those).

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Buttass posted:

Man, Mandolin doesn't even recognize this chump. I bet Mandolin was just kinda standing around picking his nose when Panpipe tripped or something, maybe knocked over the girl he's got a crush on, and he decided it was Mandolin's fault because he was the closest scapegoat. This whole arc has literally been about the size of Panpipe's narcissistic streak (fun fact: You don't have to be pretty to have one of those).

"It wasn't serious or anything" definitely sounds like a bully.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Tenebrais posted:

"It wasn't serious or anything" definitely sounds like a bully.

I'm sure the community Panpipe has been terrorizing will feel much better knowing it's because he thinks one of the other kids was mean to him.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
It doesn't excuse his actions, but that doesn't change the fact that it's pretty evident that Panpipe was being bullied. (Just look at him - he's a perfect target. Also, Mandolin's panic at Lute finding out what happens confirms both guilt and acknowledgment of his actions, and he already called him a "nerd".)

I dunno, I feel sorta sorry for Panpipe. :shobon:

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 21, 2013

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Victim of bullying finds way to leverage power, becomes worse bully, news at 11.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The author comment killed me.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The comments by the servants kind of suggests that the lens exerts a degree of influence over the wearer. That is to say, perhaps the overwhelming narcissism was more an inherited trait from the real Legato.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Look, if we're really gonna do the after-school special thing and learn that bullies are the real monsters, can we at least have Mandolin turn into a hideous abomination? Please?

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Mandolin's face is absolutely glorious. :3:

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 22, 2013

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. Buttass posted:

Look, if we're really gonna do the after-school special thing and learn that bullies are the real monsters, can we at least have Mandolin turn into a hideous abomination? Please?

Being turned into the world's most terrible-looking monster has nothing on a well-deserved scolding from a mother who feels that you should really know better.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dr. Buttass posted:

I'm happy with leaving it at "Violence begets violence narcissistic musical numbers.", myself

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Dec 22, 2013

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Dr. Buttass posted:

Um, you're assuming this'll turn into an after-school special thing. An assumption that seems out of place with how the comic's been so far. And, no, what we've already seen so far doesn't qualify as "after-school special".

Besides, it looks like mandolin's getting his well-deserved scolding already.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm happy with leaving it at "Violence begets violence narcissistic musical numbers.", myself

Calvin & Hobbes posted:

I like maxims that don't encourage behavior modification.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Dr. Buttass posted:

But he IS a hideous abomination. Did you forget that he is ~UGLY BOY~?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

SexyBlindfold posted:

But he IS a hideous abomination. Did you forget that he is ~UGLY BOY~?

Oh my God, you're right.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
"Guess we should have hid it better, huh."

Yeah, I generally wouldn't put a cursed magical item, that I was trying to hide, on a pedestal.

What a bunch of loveable goofs those instruments are.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Meh, they're no worse than The dream Oracle and her employees at hiding plot-critical stuff.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Everyone in Dreamside has a kind of religious view of the Dream Oracle. Ten thousand years ago she left a doomsday weapon out because The Real World: Caketown was on. Everyone thought she was doing the whole "What is a hero without trials?" thing. Since then it has become a tenant of the various churches to leave magical objects on pedestals depicting the magnitude of their cursed nature and arcane power.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Meh, they're no worse than The dream Oracle and her employees at hiding plot-critical stuff.

Oh, God.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So no one posted the two new pages?

Page 444 may be the best page in this entire comic btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ahh Nautilus, you are so cheerfully honest. It's slightly terrifying.