Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

thehappyprince posted:

what's the score in the moral ashes guys im in morocco and haven't been able to keep up
Australia because our players are well trained to not to urinate on pitches when they have won the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
I just received an amusing forward email titled 'Broad's foot X-ray' and I opened it up and it was an X-ray picture of a foot in high heels, hyuk hyuk

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Captain Matchbox posted:

I just received an amusing forward email titled 'Broad's foot X-ray' and I opened it up and it was an X-ray picture of a foot in high heels, hyuk hyuk

Get it because he's a girl

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Ha and girls can't play sport, clever.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Aargh posted:

Opening one beer with another isn't that hard but you're always left with the last beer you can't open.

Thats when you hit up Warnie for his lighter and use that.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Aargh posted:

Opening one beer with another isn't that hard but you're always left with the last beer you can't open.

Yeah, but by then you're drunk enough you don't mind using your teeth. Why do you think Warner always smiles with his mouth closed?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

As requested.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Captain Matchbox posted:

That was a headline article on news.com.au :psyduck:

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Mister Chief posted:

As requested.

Tops

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
In non ashes news.

Anyone else hoping the saffies absolutely smash India ?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Burn Down Canberra posted:

In non ashes news.

Hell yeah. The only team that makes me like South Africa more than Australia does is India.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Burn Down Canberra posted:

In non ashes news.

Hell yeah.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

And so ends the Flower regime http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-18/flower-declines-to-commit-beyond-ashes-series/5164258?section=sport

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Enter the king of Spain.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hey guys,

We won the Ashes.

:toot:

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Coq au Nandos posted:

Hey guys,

We won the Ashes.

:toot:

Gonna be 5-zip in the moral ashes too

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Word coming out that Pieterson and Bell had a massive bust up at the end of day 4 in Perth.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

A few years ago whoever would've thought there'd come a day where, in a choice between Bell and Pietersen, you'd rather have Bell in your side.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

gabensraum posted:

I enjoyed the dig at Mike Whitney in this footpath ad:

Actually the Mike Whitney biography is called Whiticisms and for some reason I owned it and read it when I was like 9 years old.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Word coming out that Pieterson and Bell had a massive bust up at the end of day 4 in Perth.

Presumably Bell won the fight by pretending to be Peter Siddle.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
:iceburn:

Do we have a source, btw?

Coucho Marx fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 18, 2013

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters

gabensraum posted:

cracked & spineless? trott's autobiography would be a great gift, imo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel Richie posted:

A few years ago whoever would've thought there'd come a day where, in a choice between Bell and Pietersen, you'd rather have Bell in your side.

Imagine a time when Ian Bell would be the best batsmen in an England team.

And thats not because hes batting with the under 11 girls team.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Imagine a time when Ian Bell would be the best batsmen in an England team.

And thats not because hes batting with the under 11 girls team.

He is though really

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NeoNaoNeo posted:

He is though really

Yeah but tell that to someone in 2009.

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

If there is a fast bowler running rampant at 150+ and you're having trouble scoring runs off him then maybe you shouldn't try to hook everything to fine leg

regards, everyone

Clugg fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 18, 2013

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Clugg posted:

If there is a fast bowler running rampant at 150+ and you're having trouble scoring runs off him then maybe you shouldn't try to hook everything to fine leg

regards, everyone

I've been keeping an eye on final results not the detail but i'm guessing that this is petierson who was constantly getting out this way?

So bell for captain?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

notaspy posted:

bell for captain?

Oh, the times, they are a-changing...

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

notaspy posted:

I've been keeping an eye on final results not the detail but i'm guessing that this is petierson who was constantly getting out this way?

So bell for captain?

Nah, Pietersen this series has mostly got out mistiming shots on the onside, nothing to do with intimidation or any of that. Impatience, mostly. I'm not ragging on KP.

The point my previous post was trying to make was that England batsmen have offered bat to a lot of balls that they could have just ducked under.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Bell was considered captain material all through age group cricket, he was thought of as an Atherton type steely character, amazing as it sounds.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I could see it happening.

Well, these days, anyway.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Every time I have seen Imran Tahir bowl, he's bowled long hops and full tosses. Not sure why SA keep picking him.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I am not old enough to have seen the West Indies in full glory so I don't know if they had some rubbish bowler just hanging about but Tahir has to be the worst bowler compared to the talent of his teammates in history.

Also Australia will move ahead of Pakistan to fourth for sure and ahead of England into third if we can win 4-0 or better. Things are looking up for the good guys of world cricket.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Captain Matchbox posted:

Gonna be 5-zip in the moral ashes too

Agreed but England have never lost those so it's a bit moot

gabensraum posted:

Would unironically read Chats on Rowing.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW
We won A grade last season. The club fixed us up with a couple of kegs a bar tab and rooms for the night.

You gotta figure Cricket Australia is fixing them up with all you can drink bourbon and whores. Why are there no big scandals? I think Cricket Australia is loving the lads over. Tubby would have cooked off if he didn't have whores after the win.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

notaspy posted:

So bell for captain?

I think almost every one of Pietersen's dismissals this series has been him trying to go after Siddle for whatever reason

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

How the hell am I supposed to pronounce Brathwaite?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Brayth-weight

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lnigc08J6FI

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Brayth-wait

I'm more confused by "Kraigg" personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Windies are really bad.

They should play England, we could have a competitive series.

• Locked thread