Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Literally anything can be a punk name if it has enough consonants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

bigperm posted:

You should name your band Red Handed Herring

Chainsaw Scumfuck

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new State Faults (formerly Brother Bear) album came out the other day. It's pretty good skramz.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Metallica 2

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
It really depends on the type of trash you play and how you want people to think of your garbage. Also Greg Ginn already owns the name False Flag.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Call your band Mayor McChode.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

was looking up Burning Spirits hardcore and found this:

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/04/core-values-2-japanese-hardcore-and-burning-spirits/

If you look at the page I think the best stuff is Tetsu Arrey and Lip cream. All of it is pretty great though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Has anyone else checked out Foxing's debut yet? It's one of the best emo albums of the year.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

NinetySevenA posted:

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/04/core-values-2-japanese-hardcore-and-burning-spirits/

If you look at the page I think the best stuff is Tetsu Arrey and Lip cream. All of it is pretty great though.

This will always be my favorite hardcore. Most things just pale in comparison.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I highly recommend everyone check out the Fest 12 split 10" if you haven't yet. If you can spend the money, it all goes toward Cystic Fibrosis, but if you can't it's at least worth a listen. It's got Dikembe, The Hotel Year, Modern Baseball, Old Gray (it's just a short instrumental unfortunately), Empire! Empire! and Pentimento.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
New Self Defense Family song. It owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auF0qt8Og18

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

bigperm posted:

You should name your band Red Handed Herring

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Quick Poll:

We are still in the never-ending debate for a punk/hardcore band name. Some of our (better?) ideas:

False Flag
Conduit
Red Handed
Tough Luck
Vicious Cycle

Any thoughts?

Vicious Cycle was taken by a band from Sudbury Ontario that nearly achieved Pitchfork-level popularity, now the two principal components run a graphic design firm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4DAoL5rweA

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
And the Black Flag silliness continues http://punknews.tumblr.com/post/68233115510/ron-reyes-and-black-flag-split

Ron Reyes was fired, supposedly in part for not having a problem with the Kieth Morris version of the band.

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009

NinetySevenA posted:

Love this stuff. Selfish put out a great album earlier this year. Perfectly done japanese hardcore via finland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYz6Qy4OUrI

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
So I just learned that Self Defense Family that keeps getting touted in here is End Of A Year. Weird. Just listened to that 7" on DW (looks like it's pretty old now) and can't get into it though. I still rock Sincerely pretty regularly though.

EDIT: So as to not double post, I saw Modern Life Is War and Ceremony last night. Fun show. Ceremony is loving weird now though, I haven't listened to them since Violence Violence and their new stuff is all so different. They only played about 2-3 songs from the first 7" and Violence Violence, sadly.

rivals fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 30, 2013

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I don't know if there is a dedicated Pop Punk thread so I'll just complain here: I'm going to be out of town next time Man Overboard plays here in Philly and I'm super bummed about it. Man.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dammit, I knew nothing about White Lung's concert at NYU on Thursday. It was only $5 for non-students (free for NYU students) and it had Perfect Pussy, one of the bands Mish Way mentioned in this interview with NPR. I had a great time that night, but seeing them would have been cheaper and maybe better.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

I don't know if there is a dedicated Pop Punk thread so I'll just complain here: I'm going to be out of town next time Man Overboard plays here in Philly and I'm super bummed about it. Man.

We have a Scenecore megathread that is more concerned with the sort of pop-punk Man Overboard plays!

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Die Young (TX) has a new song up, http://toxicbreedsfunhouse.blogspot.com/2013/12/song-premiere-die-young-chosen-path.html. I'm really confused about it lyrically since it's not along the lines of "gently caress humanity". But it rules and I'm glad they're back together.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Y-Hat posted:

Dammit, I knew nothing about White Lung's concert at NYU on Thursday. It was only $5 for non-students (free for NYU students) and it had Perfect Pussy, one of the bands Mish Way mentioned in this interview with NPR. I had a great time that night, but seeing them would have been cheaper and maybe better.

Yeah, I only just found out about that today and was pretty mad at myself.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

:getin: Can't wait to see Caravels again with... Touche Amore? hell yes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The lack of an Ohio date is killing me.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Y-Hat posted:

I was there and got in for free :q: Left before Ceremony's set because I and my partner were both exhausted, though. White Lung were tight as always but I thought Perfect Pussy kind of stole the show. Had never heard their music before then. Lots of stage presence and the synth was awesome live.

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

Nitevision posted:

I was there and got in for free :q: Left before Ceremony's set because I and my partner were both exhausted, though. White Lung were tight as always but I thought Perfect Pussy kind of stole the show. Had never heard their music before then. Lots of stage presence and the synth was awesome live.

Theirs might be my favorite punk album of the year. The singer and I think maybe one other member played in Shoppers who ruled pretty hard too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

alg posted:

Yeah, I'm fuckin' excited. Too bad mewithoutyou is terrible.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, I'm fuckin' excited. Too bad mewithoutyou is terrible.

t:mad:

mewithoutYou are great and also awesome live.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

alg posted:

Mewithoutyou is still around?? And thanks for the Minneapolis date, ugh. Sometimes I really miss living out in Portland.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Mewithoutyou GOT terrible. Their first two albums are still pretty great. I saw them a bunch around Catch for Us the Foxes coming out and they were great. Saw them again a couple albums later and there was too much flower throwing.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i fell asleep during them once, case closed

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Kevar posted:

Mewithoutyou GOT terrible. Their first two albums are still pretty great. I saw them a bunch around Catch for Us the Foxes coming out and they were great. Saw them again a couple albums later and there was too much flower throwing.

Yeah it's gonna be weird seeing them since I haven't listened to anything since "January 1979" was really popular.

Doesn't matter, Caravels/Touche Amore are gonna own own own.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ten Stories was a really good album y'all

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006
Missed TA last time they came to boston so jumping on this day one. Only shame is they aren't opening every show with ~ anymore.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

alg posted:

Yeah it's gonna be weird seeing them since I haven't listened to anything since "January 1979" was really popular.

Doesn't matter, Caravels/Touche Amore are gonna own own own.

If Caravels and Drug Church were on the same dates I'd strongly consider spending money I don't have to travel to a show.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New Masked Intruder single is fantastic. Their version of Silent Night is a true Christmas classic.

Firecube
Feb 15, 2012

"What do you mean we usually just play dead? Are you telling me I've been doing this whole opossum thing wrong for 20 years??!!!"
I waited until now to listen to the new Bad Religion Christmas album (because gently caress listening to any Christmas songs in October.) and it's not bad. It's weird to hear these guys sing songs this cheerful though.

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006
La Dispute has had a countdown on their page for the past week and it comes to a close tomorrow at 4. Was hoping for new music but it seems like it might just end up be a live streamed concert of some sort.

http://www.ladisputemusic.com/

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

scrooger posted:

La Dispute has had a countdown on their page for the past week and it comes to a close tomorrow at 4. Was hoping for new music but it seems like it might just end up be a live streamed concert of some sort.

http://www.ladisputemusic.com/

Looks like it is new music after all :woop:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

chaos rhames posted:

Literally anything can be a punk name if it has enough consonants.

I just dicovered Mcklusky, who existed forever ago but none of my friends ever knew about til recently. They are my new favorite punk band and have 4 consonants in a row.

Coincidence? No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys
I checked out the Bad Religion Christmas album. It's not bad at all.

I wonder if they were going for irony, since few of the selected songs are secular, of if after 30 years Bad Religion is tired of being angsty and did the songs they like.