Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Leroy Diplowski posted:

This little guy keeps popping up in my home town. The guy has been trying to sell it forever. I'm thinking about offering $800 just to see what happens. I'm a little bit worried about parts availability 'tho.

Its the same as the Chevrolet Sprint Turbo. I wouldn't call it impossible to get parts, but the turbochargers are a bit of a wear item, quite expensive to replace, and pretty rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Leroy Diplowski posted:

This little guy keeps popping up in my home town. The guy has been trying to sell it forever. I'm thinking about offering $800 just to see what happens. I'm a little bit worried about parts availability 'tho.

When I first saw that, I thought it was an early 80s Civic from that view.

Back in the late 80s The Chev/Pontiac version of those were quite common in Canada, even the Turbo version. I seem to recall they (some?) were intercooled.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Seventeen hundred United States Dollars for a 26-year-old econobox. Okay.

in fairness I had a Turbo Sprint back in 1991. I'd open the hatch and get two (or three) guys to sit back there and bounce... redline and dump the clutch. Silliest burnouts ever.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

buttcrackmenace posted:

Seventeen hundred United States Dollars for a 26-year-old econobox. Okay.

in fairness I had a Turbo Sprint back in 1991. I'd open the hatch and get two (or three) guys to sit back there and bounce... redline and dump the clutch. Silliest burnouts ever.

My friend used to drive a Turbo Sprint back in high school. We never did the burnout trick (although that sounds amazing), but we could get a few guys together and turn it sideways in parking lots.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You'd think for that amount of money it would come with a passenger seat. I'd offer him 500.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

My friend used to drive a Turbo Sprint back in high school. We never did the burnout trick (although that sounds amazing), but we could get a few guys together and turn it sideways in parking lots.

My friends pulled that one on me quite a few times.

If I parked it with the e-brake pulled but not in gear they'd roll it into a different spot, wheelbarrow style.

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 18, 2013

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Why the gently caress does the coolant go through the bumper? To burn pedestrians?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

Why the gently caress does the coolant go through the bumper? To burn pedestrians?

Just about everything with that truck starts with "why the gently caress...." The Y-block that truck would have had originally is a great motor. Reliable as hell. Why does the AC line go over the radiator support? Why does it even have AC? Is that hydroboost? :psyduck:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

buttcrackmenace posted:

My friends pulled that one on me quite a few times.

If I parked left it with the e-brake pulled but not in gear they'd roll it into a different spot, wheelbarrow style.

Hahaha, we did that with a friends '80something ford 2wd ranger in high school. We usually made it so it was parked near horizontal across two spots. In a super cramped parking lot it was hilarity to everyone but the owner of said ranger.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Do you guys know of a way to drag up the content of expired postings? There are two cars I was looking at that are still for sale but who's postings have expired, and I want to look at them again. Google cache doesn't seem to do the trick.

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4242338753.html

quote:

I purchased the car from a dealer and have had it for only 14 months
I have only put 7k miles on it, and it now has 121k miles which isn't bad for a 10 year old car
I put new STi mats in it, a short throw shifter, new race clutch, stage 2 tune, catless down pipe, HKS exhaust. I debadged the whole car, so it looks wayyy cleaner, and I medium/dark smoked the taillights. I professionally limo tinted all the windows (5%), and replaced the stock HID headlights with halo aftermarket, black incased head lights and put a nice smoke cover on those too. I professionally rewired the headlights from HID to standard bulbs too to attract less attention from cops. As for the sound system, I have Polk Audio components in the front, and MB quart components in the back....I also have a 1500 watt amp for those components I can include or install to make them even louder. And I have extra brand new Polk audio coaxials for the back ($50) I can include as well in case you ever want a different sound/tune than the rear components. I also have a competition Rockford Fosgate T1 12" (new series) that's around 800 watts rms and I have a decent 1000 watt rms amp and capacitor running it. I also have a $300 thick custom ported box, and 300 dollars worth of all weather dynomatt lining most of the trunk, even under the spare tire. I also put in a 500 dollar pioneer touch screen DVD double din receiver with blue tooth, pandora, phone mic installed, DVD override switch to watch movies while driving, etc. Everything was professionally installed and wired. The car was access ported when tuned, but I lost the access port and dyno papers. It has close to 350 hp and can easliy get to 500 with chabging the injectors and a few other things including a new tune. The car runs great, and is in amazing shape for being 10 years old.
This is one of the cleanest 04 STi s you'll come accross for this price.

I'm asking 16k, no low ballers please. NO TRADES. CASH ONLY
I live in Oakbrook, and I can give you a ride, but only serious buyers who know how to shift good can test drive it. My number is 916-833.6359 and I prefer txts.

lovely aftermarket headlights that'll probably blind everyone? Check
Removed the cat so it's illegal on streets, can't pass smog, and therefore can't legally change owner? Check
Stupid exhaust to go with the dumb cat removal? Check
Blacked out taillights so nobody can tell when you brake? Check
Limo tint on *all* windows? Check

Holy gently caress that poor car.

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

PhoenixWing posted:

I professionally rewired the headlights from HID to standard bulbs too to attract less attention from cops.

That'll work really well, along with the blacked out taillights to attract more attention from cops.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

PhoenixWing posted:

lovely aftermarket headlights that'll probably blind everyone? Check
Removed the cat so it's illegal on streets, can't pass smog, and therefore can't legally change owner? Check
Stupid exhaust to go with the dumb cat removal? Check
Blacked out taillights so nobody can tell when you brake? Check
Limo tint on *all* windows? Check

Holy gently caress that poor car.

So it has some smoked tails, a down pipe on it, and some cheap headlights? poo poo man, that's nothing compared to the typical abuse an AWD turbo car gets. The exhaust is fine. The headlights are probably fine. I'd be more worried about the wiring job on the stereo system and the tint than any of the other stuff.

Octopus Magic fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 18, 2013

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
I need more garage space

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4245818836.html

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

A running XR is worth $900.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Quantrill posted:

A running XR is worth $900.

Nonsense, there is no data to support this point since there hasn't been a running XR in more than 15 years.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Whats with the loving tags people are putting in their craigslist ads now. I do a search for BMW and Max Price $5000, only about half the results are actually BMW's. The other half are Fords, Chevys, etc. Is there a way to get around that?

e: Thanks, didn't realize that box was there to search titles only. I feel like a dumbass!

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 18, 2013

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Whats with the loving tags people are putting in their craigslist ads now. I do a search for BMW and Max Price $5000, only about half the results are actually BMW's. The other half are Fords, Chevys, etc. Is there a way to get around that?

Search titles only. Keyword bombing is nothing new

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
The search used to default to title only, now it doesn't, so the bombing is worse.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
edit: gently caress

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-heavy-equipment-heavy-trucks-Fire-truck-W0QQAdIdZ533810939

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
edit: gently caress

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Fire trucks are sold all the time. Especially 20 year old ones that aren't going to rate as high for ISO points (which affects your resident's insurance rates). And even more especially 20 year old ladder trucks that cost several thousand dollars a year in hydraulic service and certification to keep operational.

Am I missing something?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Motronic posted:

Fire trucks are sold all the time. Especially 20 year old ones that aren't going to rate as high for ISO points (which affects your resident's insurance rates). And even more especially 20 year old ladder trucks that cost several thousand dollars a year in hydraulic service and certification to keep operational.

Am I missing something?

I used to drive an old fire department water tanker around the farm, spreading water on the dirt roads to keep dust down. It was a 10 speed which was a lot of fun to drive. It also had a "cannon" we mounted that could spray water about 100 feet out to the side. Old firetrucks are cool.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Motronic posted:

Am I missing something?

One of the JDM dealerships here was selling a Mitsubishi fire truck from Japan (just a ladder truck I think). It had a four cylinder turbodiesel engine and a five speed floor mounted stick shift. Whole thing was about the size of a Dodge Caravan. I have never wanted a Mitsubishi more.

I bet it even has a wacky Japanese siren :3:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

It also had a "cannon" we mounted that could spray water about 100 feet out to the side. Old firetrucks are cool.

"Deck gun"

And hell yeah, old fire trucks are awesome.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Pham Nuwen posted:

I used to drive an old fire department water tanker around the farm, spreading water on the dirt roads to keep dust down. It was a 10 speed which was a lot of fun to drive. It also had a "cannon" we mounted that could spray water about 100 feet out to the side. Old firetrucks are cool.

I am most certainly not doing this "life" thing properly.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Motronic posted:

"Deck gun"

And hell yeah, old fire trucks are awesome.

Our was something we built ourselves, fixed in position, intended to spray water into dusty cattle pens. Proper deck guns look amazing though.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I found this one last night:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4248454460.html

Whining Fool posted:

Only mechanical issue is that the power steering whines in the cold like a lot of you fools out there.

(Click to embiggen)

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
A couple of interesting projects from the Northwest.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/4244612530.html
A mechanics horde, the Fiat coupe reminds me of a '68 I had. It has almost been long enough that I've forgotten most of the terrible things it did to me. I'll never forget the steering column joint separating while driving though... yeah, I'll never forget that. *shudder*
Also curious about the airdams on top of the jaguar.

and on the more ridiculous side:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4227393124.html
I've never seen an Alvis Stalwart around here. I can't imagine a worse thing to try to own in America, pretty much every part on them is bespoke. At least a Gamma Goat has an easy engine to source.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

"Trunk n floor boards soft" means "Trunk n floor boards gone" right?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/4237027890.html

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Shampoo posted:

Yes.

But Boattail rivera's are awesome.

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Shampoo posted:

The price on that is low enough for me to want to just buy it knowing that I'll only be able to enjoy it until my foot goes through the floor and I'm suddenly using the Fred Flintstone braking method.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/4253198274.html

1970 Opel GT

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

quote:

Nissan Skyline R32 1991, Trade for 350z - $10000 (Reno)
whats going on cl i have a clean nissan skyline R32 black in color stock as can be RHD from canada. previous owner drove down about 5 months ago.i have gotten over 100 differant offers on the car but what i really want is to get into a clean 350z the car comes NO MOTOR an RB20det is only 1300 from venus or JDM sites. i have a buddy that is selling a R32 with no paper work and motor for 20k im selling the shell for less than 11k slap a motor in and you can sell this no problem i have canadian title so you can register in 2 years no problem..i am only interested in the cash or trade if you have a trade let me know in an email or text. i can send piks when i am able to as i work alot of hours..thilos is my 5th nissan project so please dont call text or email me and try to school me on the laws or prices if you dont like it move on. if you want it let me know im not stuck up rear end in a top hat im pretty negotioable..im also located in reno so if your makin the time to drive out and buy it i may cut you a deal for driving out.. lmk if your interested

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hey $10,000 for this rolling shell

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

An illegally imported, not-street legal rolling shell.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Powershift posted:

An illegally imported, not-street legal rolling shell.

Sign me up!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

I could get one of those for free in Japan.

Seriously, people that love Skylines so much should just move to Japan or Australia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
You can get running R32s for less than 10k in canada, like closer to 6.