Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Ooh, new posts about a half-hour ago about upcoming warframe balance changes:

(DE)Megan posted:

Take a look at what’s coming for Ember!

Fireball (First Power) - Deals Direct damage with a 100% Fire proc, on impact deals radial damage with 50% Fire Proc, has a faster travel time.
Accelerant (New Second Power - was Overheat) - Accelerant affects all enemies in a radius to have knockback + it coats them in fire damage amplifier!
Fire Blast (Third Power) - Initial radial damage now has 100% fire proc.

These changes will be coming soon and we are looking forward to your experiences and feedback!

:geno:
Doesn't look like nearly enough. Accelerant better be something amazing.

(DE)Megan posted:

Take a look at what’s coming for Saryn!

Venom (First Power) - Now does viral damage.
Molt (Second Power) – The Molt Decoy now gets increased health with fusion level.
Miasma (Fourth Power) - Damage increase and changed to corrosive damage type.

These changes will be coming soon and we are looking forward to your experiences and feedback!

Good to see an okay but relatively underpowered frame getting a use against mid-level Grineer, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cathair posted:

Ooh, new posts about a half-hour ago about upcoming warframe balance changes:

:geno:
Doesn't look like nearly enough. Accelerant better be something amazing.

Good to see an okay but relatively underpowered frame getting a use against mid-level Grineer, at least.

Isnt corrosive damage only effective against grineer? Wheras saryns current setup seems to be good for most things, seems like a downgrade. Also infested are strong against viral damage, so the 1 will be only good against corpus people and grineer.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

You'd think that Contagion would be most in need of a change. :geno:

I feel like Accelerant needs more of an immediate effect to be useful. Something other than knockback because come on.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 18, 2013

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

bald and fail II posted:

Isnt corrosive damage only effective against grineer? Wheras saryns current setup seems to be good for most things, seems like a downgrade. Also infested are strong against viral damage, so the 1 will be only good against corpus people and grineer.

Saryn's 1 is good against precisely nothing right now so if it was good against Corpus and Grineer that would be a pretty big improvement. :haw:

I'm hoping there's numbers tweaks in there for those abilities. They managed to make Volt's Shock a really good basic nuke without giving it the crazy Pull treatment, so maybe they can do it again.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Sleepy Owl posted:

You'd think that Contagion would be most in need of a change. :geno:
That's probably pending the so-called melee overhaul... so sometime middle of 2015.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

bald and fail II posted:

Miasma does Toxin damage right now, if I'm not mistaken, and Toxin damage does +25% to Armor, +50% to Flesh, and -25% to Robotics, with a -health DoT proc. It's okay, but it's not great. Corrosive damage does +75% to Armor, with no weaknesses and a -armor proc.

It's not reccomended to put Corrosive on your guns when you're not fighting Grineer simply because few other things have armor to take advantage of it's bonuses and proc, but it's not ineffective against anything. Compared to Toxin, you're not likely to notice the difference against non-Grineer, and it's a hell of a lot more effective against Grineer.

The reason why Viral damage has sub-par modifiers is because it has a ridiculously powerful proc that reduces max hp by 50%. Who gives a poo poo if it does -50% damage to Infested? Infested are trivial, and Viral is still quite good against Ancients and the like due to the proc.

If you look at any viable 1 ability in the game, the reason it's viable is because it does something other than just flat damage. Volt's 1 makes a really good stun vs heavies and small groups. Slash Dash not only does good damage with no target limit, it also makes you invulnerable while you're in it and is a great movement/escape ability. Mag's Pull would still be really good if all it did was damage, but what makes it completely overpowered is that it also incapacitates enemies or even flings them off high places.

So, making Venom do Viral damage is a straight upgrade that might make it actually worth using. The proc ignores armor, ignores shields, and its percentage-based hp cut both scales with high levels/bosses and works synergistically with any other damage outputs you've got going on. This makes it far more useful than a flat-damage power.

You may find this an interesting read, as well.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Well, the changes to both sound OK in theory, but I get the feeling that once again it'll all go to pot once it's actually implemented. You'd think Gas would be a more handy damage type for Saryn's powers as it completely dominates both small Infested and Ancients, but ah well...

Tombstone Monarch
Dec 21, 2006

Here comes the pay!
I have 2 Nvidia codes for 465 platinum that I am selling for $10, if any of you are interested. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3595075

Tombstone Monarch fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 18, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

fookolt posted:

What mods should I put on a Grakata (other than the ammo capacity one obviously)? I feel like the damage numbers are so low that Serration won't really make a dent so maybe focus on crit chance and crit damage since it already has such a high crit chance?

And is Mag really as good as people say it is?

Serration is just as mandatory on the Grakata as any other gun. Ammo capacity is just as useless on the Grakata as any other gun.

It notably also has one of the highest status effect chances in the game, so Hammer Shot (if you have one) is a good choice even neglecting the boost to crit it offers. Stick at least one decent elemental effect on it, jack up its damage and crit, and carry a whole lot of ammo restores (they're cheap, don't worry).

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Looks like the update's not coming out today, but it can't be that far off... E: So we're going to be scanning everything. Trees in a jungle. Yeah, that'll work.

Serpentis fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 19, 2013

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I think they need some more nebulous faction leaders for their story stuff, you know, ones you haven't killed 50 times.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Gazaar posted:

I think they need some more nebulous faction leaders for their story stuff, you know, ones you haven't killed 50 times.

Lot of people thought the same about Alad V to begin with, and to be honest, that would have probably been better.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
New Valkyr changes coming

DE_Megan posted:

Paralysis (Third Power) - Now only takes 1/3rd of shields but still calculates damage based on 1/2 shield use.
Hysteria (Fourth Power) - Now has life regain/regeneration as damage is being dealt to enemies.

Life regen at least gives Valkyr a purpose to having such high HP (though I suppose it depends on how much HP it gives back). Paralysis is a bit less self-murdering, so that's better.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Serpentis posted:

Looks like the update's not coming out today, but it can't be that far off... E: So we're going to be scanning everything. Trees in a jungle. Yeah, that'll work.

Vay Hek is gonna look weird

E: He has a cyber-nose

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Went with Loki and stupidly didn't read that the PS+ boosters activate on login... working nights the next few days, so that sucks.

At least they give you enough credits to get a Braton right out of the gate. Good lord the Mk1 is poo poo.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Come on PlaneteersTenno! We've got to stop Looten PlunderVay Hek from destroying the rain forests!

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcJI87u3DoQ

edit: I almost forgot, no serration just makes critguns better because a decent critgun is then twice or three times as good as a noncritgun, ending up in the same place as Damage 1.0 AP except with crit in the place of ap and also still having 4 slots dedicated to elemental damage(transformative damage types are the only way this doesn't happen).

Denzine fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 19, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fuzz posted:

Went with Loki and stupidly didn't read that the PS+ boosters activate on login... working nights the next few days, so that sucks.

At least they give you enough credits to get a Braton right out of the gate. Good lord the Mk1 is poo poo.

Yeah, I made the same mistake with my boosters. Make sure to send one of us a message to get an invite to the PS4 clan. We have just about all the research done.

Also for you or any of the other PS4 goons, we can run you guys through to get any warframe that you might want as well as the stuff to build it. So if you don't like your starter, we'll get that fixed for you. And I have quite a few duplicates of the basic damage mods if anyone needs them (serration, hornet, hellfire, etc.)

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

quote:

edit: I almost forgot, no serration just makes critguns better because a decent critgun is then twice or three times as good as a noncritgun, ending up in the same place as Damage 1.0 AP except with crit in the place of ap and also still having 4 slots dedicated to elemental damage(transformative damage types are the only way this doesn't happen).

I was thinking this too, but it should be easy to just change the numbers :shrug:

As for elemental damage, it might work to make it so they don't affect damage at all and just add procs? v:v:v Of course, that'd also need rebalancing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, I made the same mistake with my boosters. Make sure to send one of us a message to get an invite to the PS4 clan. We have just about all the research done.

Also for you or any of the other PS4 goons, we can run you guys through to get any warframe that you might want as well as the stuff to build it. So if you don't like your starter, we'll get that fixed for you. And I have quite a few duplicates of the basic damage mods if anyone needs them (serration, hornet, hellfire, etc.)

Cool, yeah.

My name is DocFuzz on PSN. I was gonna try to beeline straight for Ash, but then some people complained he was terrible while others say he's great. I just like idea of a speedy, hardier than Loki, ninja style frame that I can run around doing flips with and killing rooms of dudes while looking awesome in a huge cloud of smoke.

I'll see how I like Loki, though... need to level him up and see how he feels, the only frames I played with on PC were Excalibur and Rhino like 6 months ago, Rhino only because he was easy as poo poo to farm up.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fuzz posted:

Cool, yeah.

My name is DocFuzz on PSN. I was gonna try to beeline straight for Ash, but then some people complained he was terrible while others say he's great. I just like idea of a speedy, hardier than Loki, ninja style frame that I can run around doing flips with and killing rooms of dudes while looking awesome in a huge cloud of smoke.

I'll see how I like Loki, though... need to level him up and see how he feels, the only frames I played with on PC were Excalibur and Rhino like 6 months ago, Rhino only because he was easy as poo poo to farm up.

I added you to the clan. You'll have to accept it in the in Warframe interface and then build a key to get access to the clan hall.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Ash isn't horrible by any means. I'm running it right now and am probably going to forma it a couple times. It's a drat fun frame to use. Craft it, use it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Sleepy Owl posted:

it should be easy to just change the numbers :shrug:

This has never been true in any video game ever.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Male Man posted:

This has never been true in any video game ever.

It wouldn't be any more unbalanced than it already is :colbert:

j5mello
Jul 23, 2008
payment sent

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Update 11.5.0: The Cicero Crisis.

Event: Cicero Crisis! https://warframe.com/news/cicero-crisis

Additions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAc1tXpH6Ns
- New Warframe: OBERON – the Paladin Warframe! Equally adept at healing friends or striking down the enemy. Oberon embodies the balance Tenno are sworn to uphold. Find him today by fighting Vay Hek!

- New Forest Tile set reveal! Within the Cicero Crisis Event node on Earth is a first look at the new Forest tileset!
- Corpus Gas City Expansion.
- New primary weapon: Karak, a Grineer rifle!
- New secondary weapon: The Stug, a Grineer goo-gun!
- New melee weapon: The Magistar, a Tenno mace!
- New Infested Whip: now in Clan Research!
- Burston Prime! The Void’s influence has further permeated the Orokin Derelicts… bringing loot with it! Visit The Orokin Derelict Survival missions today to find the Burston Prime!
- The Void’s influence is still strong on the Orokin Derelicts – and some Prime items have a new home. You can now search Orokin Derelict Defenses for the Sicarus Prime BP, Ember Prime BP, and Boar Prime Receiver!
- Forest Weapon Skin pack!
- Ho-ho-ho! Candy Cane Scythe skin & other holiday goodies! Look around, Tenno!
- Network optimizations for melee and beam weapons added!
- Added and replaced old Lotus lines (thanks for letting us know in the forums!)

Warframe Changes:

Valkyr:

Paralysis (Third Power) - Now only takes 1/3rd of shields but still calculates damage based on 1/2 shield use.
Hysteria (Fourth Power) - Now has life regain/regeneration as damage is being dealt to enemies.

Ember:
Fireball (First Power) - Deals Direct damage with a 100% Fire proc, on impact deals radial damage with 50% Fire Proc, has a faster travel time.
Accelerant (New Second Power - was Overheat) - Accelerant affects all enemies in a radius to have knockback + it coats them in fire damage amplifier!
Fire Blast - Initial radial damage now has 100% fire proc.

Saryn:
Venom - Now does viral damage.
Molt – The Molt Decoy now gets increased health with fusion level.
Miasma - Damage increase and changed to corrosive damage type.

Changes:

- Infested Invasion missions now only require 3 completions for Battle Pay instead of 5.
- Infested Invasions will always inherit node mission type if the preexisting node was: Exterminate, Defense, Mobile Defense, or Survival. If the node being Infested was not one of those, game will decide randomly out of the 4 (Exterm, Defense, M. Defense, Survival).
- Increase limit on the number of rooms allowed in your Dojo. The limit is now 100 rooms!
- Trinity’s Blueprint drops have moved to Iliad on Phobos to be dropped by Kril and Vor!
- Armour/Shield/Health/Damage curves have been modified. We’ve lowered the “bullet sponge” to high level enemies, but they now deal more damage. The armour curve was radically dropped. The health and shields curves dropped slightly as well. However, damage output went up.
- Adjustments to enemies targeting when using melee attacks – they go for you now, not the camera!
- Adjustments to frequency of Lotus dialogue.
- All Sentinel Weapons now respond to fire-rate mods, magazine-size mods, and reload-time mods.
- Host election made a little bit more robust (corner cases, like interrupting election just before level starts, then restarting lobby etc)
- Changes to weapon projectile logic. The motivation of this change is that we want weapons like grenades that explode to end up in the same spot on host and client (in sync) without having the traditional delay of a replicated projectile (in particular, we have grenades that can be remotely detonated and this requires more or less precise timing on the part of the local client). This should fix some random self-inflicted deaths!

Fixes:

- Fixed issues with Sentinel weapon stats not showing correct values.
- Fixed Arsenal stats for weapons that have projectiles with complex damage (Ogris, Penta and Torid).
- Fixed random enemy patrols stopping and spinning in doors.
- Fixed Phorid level not loading.
- Fixed Loki’s Switch Teleport giving Target Obstructed message when target isn't obstructed.
- Fixed issue where Social menu goes off screen if opened closed in quick succession.
- Fixed voice chat still being heard/usable when disabled in Settings.
- Fixed scanner breaking on last scan charge.
- Fixed Codex title not updating after navigation.
- Fixed enemy tier getting reset after host migration
- Fixed Trinity clipping with the Grakata for the Noble Animation set.
- Fixed invasion missions sometimes resulting in no allies spawning.
- Fixed Mobile Defense console context action showing up in other game modes.
- Fixed issues with message box causing other screens to go wonky, even if it wasn’t visible!
- Fixed missing mini-map components in Gas City tile set.
- Fixed issue where dying players would not get a Revive or Forfeit prompt.
- Fixed percent completed text in the Operation meters clipping the Attacker/Defender icons.
- Fixed some issues where the happenings of the Warframe world (Alerts, invasions) were not being updated in real-time.
- Fixed logic with Nova’s Wormhole cast – it is generated from your camera and the height of the cast has been adjusted.
- Fixed Cameras not functioning correctly after being shot once, they’d get stuck trying to play pain animations. Cameras can’t feel pain… yet.
- Fixed max deployable resource drones:
- Amount of deployable drones varies – you get one for every five mastery ranks.
Mastery 0 – 4, 1 drone
Master 5- 9, 2 drones
Master 10 +, 3 drones.
- All Founders/Primes Access get +1 to each tier. So if you are Mastery 14 and Founder, you get 4. If Mastery 14 and no Founder status, you get 3.
- Fixed texture issues, seen here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/149613-missing-texture-or-something-along-those-lines-on-phobos/
- Fixed issues where having Reflex Guard mod equipped could result in rank-up test failures.
- Fixed crashes caused by disabling local reflections.
- Various crash fixes.
---------------------------------

Karak is currently impossible to build due to an "unknown error" when clicking "build".

Circero/forest tiles crashing like a motherfucker across many machines.

Current crashing "fixes" in the order you should try: Turn off multithreaded rendering, run in 32-bit mode, run Solo.

edit: Latest hotfix claims crashing fixed, apparently was due to using the scanner. heh.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Dec 19, 2013

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
Well, that's very exciting! The patch came to about 314MB.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Denzine posted:

- Burston Prime! The Void’s influence has further permeated the Orokin Derelicts… bringing loot with it! Visit The Orokin Derelict Survival missions today to find the Burston Prime!
- The Void’s influence is still strong on the Orokin Derelicts – and some Prime items have a new home. You can now search Orokin Derelict Defenses for the Sicarus Prime BP, Ember Prime BP, and Boar Prime Receiver!

About loving time they started moving items there.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Oberon looks pretty neat but his support skillset sounds reaallllllyyyy lovely.

I don't think there's any situation I would want "slow health regeneration and maybe pops a few health orbs every once in a while?" over "restores hell of energy, fully restores shields and health, and makes you immortal for 15-30 seconds".

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Crowbear posted:

I don't think there's any situation I would want "slow health regeneration and maybe pops a few health orbs every once in a while?" over "restores hell of energy, fully restores shields and health, and makes you immortal for 15-30 seconds".

Oberon sounds like a much worse Trinity. Hallowed ground looks like an especially useless skill. It's not effective practically everywhere but defense missions since warframes don't hang around a set area, they just shoot enemies in the face while sliding around the map.

Is the Lecta any good? I always like the look of energy whips whenever they appear.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Crowbear posted:

I find it kinda funny that they moved the character who does this much better to a more distant planet than you get Oberon now. It's like they know Trinity is better at that but I can't ever really tell what they're thinking.

Cool looking update though and he actually looks like a kind of fun warframe unlike the last 2 (I haven't been able to motivate myself to get Valkyr and I've had a Nekros sitting at level 29 for awhile that I can't bear to use for one more mission).

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Only requests I would have is they buff Trinity to represent her later place in where you get her, and also raise the drop rate on Banshee helm, since, you know, she still will only reliably drop in ODD Survival.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

mechanicalFactory posted:

Is the Lecta any good? I always like the look of energy whips whenever they appear.
It hit multiple enemies but it's got a really weird swing arc and doesn't really do a ton of damage. The best thing I can say about it is that it looks kinda neat and can be used for ghetto zorencoptering.

Jun 29, 2009

Denzine posted:

I love the Burston, but I was not expecting a Prime, wish I had known so I didn't end up using 5 forma, ah well.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Oberon is visually neat and Hallowed Ground sounds like a good way to hurt bosses/heavies.

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010

The new system accurately displays damage up to 6 decimal places.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Looks like a good all around frame with 3 useful skills. Let's just play and see. Necro was great on paper

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Desecrate is still useful on survivals.

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

Running Alad V with pubbies is one of the worst things I've ever had to do. Either they all just hop on Zanuka from the start, or they focus on Alad V himself until he is downed and regens repeatedly; meanwhile, they're all just taking tons of damage from all the other mobs spawning. Last run, I had 28 revives from my teammates going down so often.

I only need Valkyr Chassis still, and then I am never going back to that place.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Synathaesia posted:

Running Alad V with pubbies is one of the worst things I've ever had to do. Either they all just hop on Zanuka from the start, or they focus on Alad V himself until he is downed and regens repeatedly; meanwhile, they're all just taking tons of damage from all the other mobs spawning. Last run, I had 28 revives from my teammates going down so often.

See, players asking for more complex boss fights will just end up segregating the community: those with good teammates and those who are crying pubbies. Any time I'm on Alad V, seems like I'm the only one dealing with the loving laser gun drones floating outside the arena and actually fighting Zanuka. I always brought Frost Prime and fought Zanuka inside the snow bubble where I am safe from the drones and Zanuka is slowed to hell. The pubbies just stood there pumping bullets into Alad V.

Most of the population cannot process anything more complex than "find target, stand there and shoot forever".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Synathaesia posted:

He's basically the first boss that breaks the pattern of "Shoot Man, Collect Loot, Extract", so I don't really blame pubbies for sucking at it so much as I blame DE for not making that clear.