Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
New tileset really makes me feel like I'm playing the original PSO again. (In a good way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

7c Nickel posted:

New tileset really makes me feel like I'm playing the original PSO again. (In a good way)

Did PSO crash 9 times out of 10 as well?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

The Jumpoff posted:

Did PSO crash 9 times out of 10 as well?

I have a feeling you didn't really get to know sega.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Azzanadra posted:

I have a feeling you didn't really get to know sega.

A company that released an update for PSO2 that literally deleted the contents of players' hard drives until they managed to pull it.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I am having a really hard time caring about this event even with Wraith Twin Vipers as the top reward.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Am I understanding this right that you only need to do this 4 times if you coordinate well?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Enough to get one of each scan, so that's a minimum of three. (Two scans are available during each half of the cycle, and they're freely available to everyone in the group.)

That said, two of the scans (one per cycle) are rather rare, and they don't show up on Thief's Wit.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I'm just having fun smiting everything with the minty goodness of my candy-cane skinned scythe.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The new tileset just makes me ever more aware that they made a game with a cool parkour system and then promptly shoved invisible walls everything.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
You can solo all the legwork quickly enough, and then you only have to do one defense with four lapis antitoxins to get the max reward. The only thing stopping you from finishing it in a half hour is the six hour day night cycle.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kokoro Wish posted:

I'm just having fun smiting everything with the minty goodness of my candy-cane skinned scythe.

What scythe is the skin for?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Reaper Prime, Ether Reaper, and Hate.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Accelerant is Radial Flash but with a +100% fire damage debuff. Cost and cast time and stun are all exactly the same.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Does the Karak seem like a decent weapon? I have no idea how to judge these things anymore, I took a long break and came back after damage 2.0.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Dec 19, 2013

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Haerc posted:

Does the Karak seem like a decent weapon? I have no idea how to judge these things, anymore I took a long break and came back after damage 2.0.

I took it to 30. It's pretty alright. Looks like a decent alternative to a Braton style weapon; it's no Soma, but it's not at all bad from what I saw.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Kanos posted:

I took it to 30. It's pretty alright. Looks like a decent alternative to a Braton style weapon; it's no Soma, but it's not at all bad from what I saw.

I'll have to check it out after I've ground out a few more neurodes, I just started a Hind.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
New stuff trip report:

-Oberon is pretty decent. He's solidly durable, looks to be average speed. His power set makes him kind of a mishmash of other frames; his 1 is like a better Soul Punch, his 2 is like a wide line Ice Wave/lingering damage field like Fire Blast, his 3 is a ghettofied Blessing(no shield restore, no invuln, regenerates rapidly over time), and his 4 is like a much faster Crush + Desecrate(big aoe stun/nuke, anything it kills turns into a health orb). The ult in particular is quite nice because of how fast it comes out and it does quite a lot of damage if you're built for it. He's certainly no Rhino, Mag, or Nova, but nothing in his kit is insultingly useless, at least. I rather like him.

-Karak is a solid Braton alternative. It won't light the world on fire but it does a lot of damage and fires quickly, making it decent if you want a good assault rifle and don't want to give in to the Soma Siren Call. I was able to get some mileage out of it with no formas all the way up to level 60 or so enemies before it wasn't cutting it.

-Stug is a weird gun. It looks like a loving explosive cum gun and when fired rapidly it pretty much blankets an area in constant micro-explosions. It seems to do very solid damage but the armory display for it is super glitched and doesn't seem to register elemental damage mods. It's probably my favorite of the new stuff and I used it with some effect in Tower 3 Defense but I have no idea how good it actually is compared to more reliable weapons.

-The new mace(Magistar, I think?) is a waste of time. It's a melee weapon that does neither exceptional normal damage(its damage is okay but the swing is too slow and it has no real crit) nor exceptional charge damage, meaning it's another ornament you wear on your back because it looks cool. Skip it unless you really want a big mace.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

OH wow, the new map is nice. DE are really not pulling punches with level design.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I heard that this event gives Twin Viper Wraiths. Is this true? If so, I will grind the gently caress out of this event for them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So I got a Braton and am not sure what to be aiming for next, gun wise... I know I didn't like the finicky aiming of Lex, and the Lato is so lovely I'm not too interested in getting an Aklato... any suggestions? I'm using Loki.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Fuzz posted:

So I got a Braton and am not sure what to be aiming for next, gun wise... I know I didn't like the finicky aiming of Lex, and the Lato is so lovely I'm not too interested in getting an Aklato... any suggestions? I'm using Loki.

If you're talking secondaries, I believe Kunai's still pretty good.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

InfinityComplex posted:

I heard that this event gives Twin Viper Wraiths. Is this true? If so, I will grind the gently caress out of this event for them.

It does if you score high enough for the third tier reward, yes. Get to work on the bonsai fast, though, you've got some work to do.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Looking at this event and the forums, anybody who does not get the best anti-toxin AND three other people who also have the best anti-toxin, will never get 100 event points. The event only tracks the highest points you have gotten on a run (25 max per person), and is not cumulative. Why would you ever make an event like this, especially when there are still people who can not reliably play multiplayer missions?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
:siren: ~100 minutes to go on this :siren:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Kanos posted:

-Stug is a weird gun. It looks like a loving explosive cum gun and when fired rapidly it pretty much blankets an area in constant micro-explosions. It seems to do very solid damage but the armory display for it is super glitched and doesn't seem to register elemental damage mods. It's probably my favorite of the new stuff and I used it with some effect in Tower 3 Defense but I have no idea how good it actually is compared to more reliable weapons.

:hawaaaafap: SOLD

Fuzz posted:

Kraken goddamn owns.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

hooah posted:

If you're talking secondaries, I believe Kunai's still pretty good.

Primaries too.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So are Wraith weapons usually better than the original? How much so? I quite like the Twin Vipers and have 1 forma on it.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
The Wraith Strun is absolutly brutal compared to the normal Strun, the Wraith Machete is still better than the normal Machete but it's still a longsword so it sucks. I'll aim for the Wraith Vipers, cause the normal Vipers are already brutal and the Wraiths seem to just a solid boost in damage output.

Edit:
Also that Titan Prime Extractor is totaly broken, not because of the increased income but because it costs 500 Alloy Plate and 300 Nano Spores to craft which is a lot cheaper than the 500 Polymer Bundle and 300 Ferrite price of the vanilla one. First 4h and he got me enough Spores to craft another 10, not that I've got a shortage of spores and alloys to begin with.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 19, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Looking at this event and the forums, anybody who does not get the best anti-toxin AND three other people who also have the best anti-toxin, will never get 100 event points. The event only tracks the highest points you have gotten on a run (25 max per person), and is not cumulative. Why would you ever make an event like this, especially when there are still people who can not reliably play multiplayer missions?

Oh, that's... sort of weird, but at the same time the two events I did do, everyone complained about them being too grindy.

So if I get this right, I'll have to find the components to make the rare anti-toxin, then find 3 other people who did the same. So, hopefully goons.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, that's what you have to do. Get the scans for the lilies (the rare anti-toxin needs four types of lilies, going by the forums), which will take like 12 hours because of 6-hour day/night plant differences. Make the rare anti-toxin, then get 3 other people who have it. Then, complete the defense mission that requires putting the anti-toxin into a machine and defending it.

So instead of pure grinding, it's luck-based (a guy ran 16 times and got no rare components), and you have to rely entirely on other players to get anything more than a participation badge.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Note that you can check the first water area for the lilies/lotusleaf (it's always the same tile with the wet area and the narrow passage to the left) and if you don't find any there just restart until you get what you need, then finish the mission. It shouldn't take too long that way.

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

wid posted:

See, players asking for more complex boss fights will just end up segregating the community: those with good teammates and those who are crying pubbies. Any time I'm on Alad V, seems like I'm the only one dealing with the loving laser gun drones floating outside the arena and actually fighting Zanuka. I always brought Frost Prime and fought Zanuka inside the snow bubble where I am safe from the drones and Zanuka is slowed to hell. The pubbies just stood there pumping bullets into Alad V.

Most of the population cannot process anything more complex than "find target, stand there and shoot forever".

I figured that's exactly what it was. I even had to go to the Wiki to read up on why the fight seemed so hard. Turns out I had just gone in with the faulty assumption that it was point and shoot like every other one, and most other people don't take the initiative to learn after getting their asses kicked repeatedly.

Also, turns out the fight is pretty buggy sometimes. Last round, Zanuka fell off the edge of the map during the fight and couldn't be killed, so Alad V just went down and cried indefinitely instead of dying.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
You can get Phased weapon skins, Asa Syndanas and Vaubans as a Steam holiday sale reward.
http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/snowglobefaq

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Improbable Lobster posted:

You can get Phased weapon skins, Asa Syndanas and Vaubans as a Steam holiday sale reward.
http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/snowglobefaq

Oh good, a skin for a frame that's broken right now. Hooray. Poor, poor Vauban, I can't wait until I can use him properly again.

Though I do hope that someday i can use any steam sale rewards I get for Warframe on my PS4. (Never got into warframe on pc, I always end up playing TF2, but am playing the poo poo out of it on PS4).

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Doji Sekushi posted:

Oh good, a skin for a frame that's broken right now. Hooray. Poor, poor Vauban, I can't wait until I can use him properly again.

Though I do hope that someday i can use any steam sale rewards I get for Warframe on my PS4. (Never got into warframe on pc, I always end up playing TF2, but am playing the poo poo out of it on PS4).

Wait, how's Vauban broken now?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

hooah posted:

Wait, how's Vauban broken now?

Someone said on the PS4 Vortex semi-reliably crashes the game.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Male Man posted:

Someone said on the PS4 Vortex semi-reliably crashes the game.

Oh, didn't notice the PS4 bit.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Plat is half off on Steam for the duration of the sale, though it might come up as a daily/flash sale for even cheaper.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
The Saydiada... the back thingy looks realy nice, as does the warframe skin. All frosty and ghosty with an animated layer above the actual skin. Guess the weapons look nice too, but dunno if I'll ever see those in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Only $30 on the Steam market for the Akvasto skin :shepface: