Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

WHUR MUH JOHN CANNURS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
gently caress catching up with hundreds of replies, has the new book release date been announced or delayed? Will dany forever be making GBS threads herself?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Lord Twisted posted:

gently caress catching up with hundreds of replies, has the new book release date been announced or delayed? Will dany forever be making GBS threads herself?

No, no, yes

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I'm a friend of a maiden of three and ten. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?

Refused
Sep 6, 2005
speaking of Khaleesi, they're not just naming children after her anymore:

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=9113123&fulltextType=RA&fileId=S0025315413001586

quote:

A new species of the family Tritoniidae is described from the tropical South Atlantic Ocean. The animal was found off north-east Brazil. Tritonia khaleesi sp. nov. is up to 12 mm long, with a slender white body... the anus is located between the 3rd and 4th gills on the right side...

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

I'm a friend of a maiden of three and ten. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?

Get out of here, George. You're drunk.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I want to learn more about the khaleesi triton's anus.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

A sea slug :laffo:

Man, what kind of plasmid comes out of t. khaleesi?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
One with silver-colored hair and purple eyes, obviously.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

That's where all the Targaryen's anuses are. What you get from all that inbreeding.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord Twisted posted:

Wildcard jokes aside, there are several new books!

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/pa...4b1f89d4cc.html

http://grrm.livejournal.com/344674.html

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

So did Brienne (but more importantly, Pod) hang and get resurrected, or what? I was confused by that "twist"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I thought Pod and the other guy were straight up dead and Brienne was about to be saved because she said A WORD

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

CloFan posted:

So did Brienne (but more importantly, Pod) hang and get resurrected, or what? I was confused by that "twist"

No, she wasn't killed.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/6425

Edit: podrick didn't die either, not sure about Ser Hyle but he probably survived as well.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Pod was hung like hell.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
He was a pain really.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2425018/Game-Of-Thrones-star-Richard-Madden-targetted-angry-women-taking-space-Tube.html

King of the north deserves death. Brought to you by England's finest newspaper.
edit:a friend posted this on facebook along with the 'which character are you' quiz. I got robb stark. He laughed and said he had jon snow. I said: "well, doesn't matter right? they're both <spoiler spoiler spoiler alert> dead!"

His reply: OMG

redreader fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 19, 2013

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I thought Pod and the other guy were straight up dead and Brienne was about to be saved because she said A WORD

What was the word? What was the word? :allears:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

This is the saddest thing. That such a tumblr even exists is just frustratingly amazing. Yeah, some dudes take up a lot of space, more than they really should if they were trying to be courteous and polite. But why not call it "People Taking Up Too Much Space"? There's plenty of women who claim additional seats for themselves, but I guess it's because all contact with men is rape, right, tumblr?

And goddamn it, some of us dudes are just loving big guys. I'm 6'5" and not a narrow-shouldered beanpole, I'm going to be edging into other people's space on the bus, I literally can do nothing about this.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

This is the saddest thing. That such a tumblr even exists is just frustratingly amazing. Yeah, some dudes take up a lot of space, more than they really should if they were trying to be courteous and polite. But why not call it "People Taking Up Too Much Space"? There's plenty of women who claim additional seats for themselves, but I guess it's because all contact with men is rape, right, tumblr?

And goddamn it, some of us dudes are just loving big guys. I'm 6'5" and not a narrow-shouldered beanpole, I'm going to be edging into other people's space on the bus, I literally can do nothing about this.

Apparently you could castrate yourself, according to the tumblr.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Check your Sasquatch privilege. Two pregger womyns are denied seating because of you.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Actually, my city's transit system has preferred seating at the front of every bus for wombs, crips, and olds. So we're good. :respek:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

He was a pain really.

Book Pod and Show Pod are two very different characters", he started typing before he realized the pun :doh:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn2ofZ84tZI

I can't remember if this was written by Conan O'Brien or about him. Much like him I'm an inch shorter than you and I say "ha ha" to you.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
A Glistening Hodor was just probated for 465 days for a thread he did in GBS. Godspeed, you beautiful bastard.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Actually, my city's transit system has preferred seating at the front of every bus for wombs, crips, and olds. So we're good. :respek:

What about the fatties? Didn't think of them, did you?

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

TequilaJesus posted:

Apparently you could castrate yourself, according to the tumblr.

Or just stand up and offer your seat to a lady, that should go over well on the internet nowadays.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

p.crestmont posted:

Or just stand up and offer your seat to a lady, that should go over well on the internet nowadays.

Is there a door nearby? I hope there's a door available for which to be opened because they are heavy, ya'll, and there is no need for them to strain their lady parts and impact their baby-making abilities.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

AtAt-de-fay posted:

What about the fatties? Didn't think of them, did you?

No, I didn't. And I would rather keep that trend going, thank you.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

No, I didn't. And I would rather keep that trend going, thank you.

And, yet, you've read the books. You love the fatties. You are a fatty enabler. Ghod help me, I am too.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

You're right, I have read all the books. Arnold: Education of a Bodybuilder. The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story.

All of them.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

You're right, I have read all the books. Arnold: Education of a Bodybuilder. The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story.

All of them.

I almost shat myself doing weighted lunges once. Then I knew how hard it is to be Khaleesi, she is made of sterner stuff than I. I am shamed.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

No word of a lie, powerlifters wear those wide belts while squatting to keep all the faeces in.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

A Glistening Hodor was just probated for 465 days for a thread he did in GBS. Godspeed, you beautiful bastard.

He always talked the talk and rode the snake. Hope he sees this and knows he'll be missed.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Let's all pour out a 40 of KY Jelly in his honour.

Glisten on, you crazy manhood.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know your pain. I'm a bean pole and I have a choice between sitting down and taking up too much room and being uncomfortable because all the seats on public transport are built for average sized people, which is fair enough because average is average for a reason. I can sit down and squash up to take up only my seat and get aches for hours afterwards or I can stand up and get different aches.

Also, rest in piece Glistening Hodor, you're always my sticky prince.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

At least the next book will probably be out by then. :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

At least the next book will probably be out by then. :v:

465 days is only roughly one and a third years.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I think it's mostly about dudes sitting down and spreading their legs really wide, like 'look at my cock!' or 'oh no I can't close my legs because of my dick'. People do this and it's loving annoying. I'm a guy and I try not to do it because it's douchey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
or maybe it's about ladies who see monsters in every shadow and the shackles of oppression in every man whose knees aren't touching