Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

wait untill the end of the sale and they will all be 0,05$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I'm not gonna lie, that Syandana looks alright.

I'm curious what the unparalleled prize is. Probably a Primed Chamber.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Kinda really getting into Warframe. Didn't expect that to happen. It's like a third person Diablo with space ninjas. Runs really well too.

Applied for the goon guild using the OP.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Oddly, I don't get trading cards. How do I make it so I do?

Duo
Aug 4, 2002
Is the strun still a pretty solid weapon to get? I know it was recommended in the thread before a while back. I was thinking of picking it up on my ps4 account since I already have the braton.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tallgeese posted:

Oddly, I don't get trading cards. How do I make it so I do?

Every $9 spent through Steam on F2P games gets 1 card drop, which periodically resets, IIRC.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Ahhh. I'm not a big spender, so no way I'll get these then. Thanks for the info.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Every $9 spent through Steam on F2P games gets 1 card drop, which periodically resets, IIRC.

Yes, and sometimes you get a booster pack for a game you own, which has 3 cards in it, for logging in at least once a week.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Duo posted:

Is the strun still a pretty solid weapon to get? I know it was recommended in the thread before a while back. I was thinking of picking it up on my ps4 account since I already have the braton.

Yeah, the Strun is still solid.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That scarf looks really cool so I guess I have to start using the steam market and stuff now.

Schubalts posted:

Looking at this event and the forums, anybody who does not get the best anti-toxin AND three other people who also have the best anti-toxin, will never get 100 event points. The event only tracks the highest points you have gotten on a run (25 max per person), and is not cumulative. Why would you ever make an event like this, especially when there are still people who can not reliably play multiplayer missions?

Because it's a multiplayer game. It sucks that the netcode is so bad but I don't really think it's unreasonable for them to expect people to play their multiplayer game with other people.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
They've just added a new antitoxin that's worth 100 points, for solo players.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Yup. Things that changed:

* Antitoxins are now tradable in dojo.
* Vermillion antitoxin added, 100pts -- 4 of each jadeleaf and dragonlily (i.e. same as if you built 4 Lapis).
* Clan leaderboards changed to average all players best scores.
(Note: If you cared about clan stats, you are allowed to use them Vermillion antitoxins in groups, to generate 400point games.)

They've also announced that Vor, Alad, and Zanuka will now have scaled difficulty to match the players' Conclave ratings. Hopefully this will make pubbie runs of it a little less painful.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Don't even bother with the steam rewards right now. It's day one, nobody really has much of anything so everything is massively overpriced just like during the summer sale. In 1-2 days the trading cards will be 8-9 cents and the actual items will likely only cost a couple of bucks. Consider that in just the first six hours 1600 syandanas have been crafted.

Raven65
Dec 31, 2008
Anyone know if the platnium packs on Amazon can be applied to a PSN Warframe account?

Seems like a decent price if so... http://www.amazon.com/Warframe-Fracture-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00FMB3EOQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
I seriously doubt it. The platform specifies Windows and Sony will probably want it to go through their system so they get a cut. It's possible we might see codes in the future like how Microsoft would sell MS Point Packs, but I wouldn't expect those codes to work.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So should I buy potatoes with my 150 platinum still, or is that not the suggested thing to do with cash anymore?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So is World on Fire still mitigated by armor and not ticking properly or whatever else was wrong with it?

I'm hearing good things about Accelerant but it'd be nice if WoF was working properly.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

WeaponBoy posted:

I seriously doubt it. The platform specifies Windows and Sony will probably want it to go through their system so they get a cut. It's possible we might see codes in the future like how Microsoft would sell MS Point Packs, but I wouldn't expect those codes to work.
MS dropped MS Points earlier this year, it's just in local currency amounts now.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Captain Oblivious posted:

So is World on Fire still mitigated by armor and not ticking properly or whatever else was wrong with it?

I'm hearing good things about Accelerant but it'd be nice if WoF was working properly.

You're hearing lies. Accelerant is broken in the "often doesn't work for no reason" way. World on Fire is still mitigated by armor when you're fighting Grineer or things with armor.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fuzz posted:

So should I buy potatoes with my 150 platinum still, or is that not the suggested thing to do with cash anymore?

Slots and potatoes are the best uses of your plat. Potatoing a warframe is never a bad idea (unless you absolutely hate it) but you probably don't want to potato any weapon before the kunai.

I wouldn't stress too much about wasting plat though. Currently PS4 players are paying premiums for mods and once you get further along you can probably make enough plat to buy anything you want. I've made over 2000 since update 12 went live on PS4.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

It seems like the original idea of the Cicero Crisis event was probably for players to first get a basic antitoxin in one or two runs, and then keep getting enough on each run to keep building those as well as enough rare plants to occasionally build the other antitoxins. This would've worked out fine if players accrued points from each antitoxin defense run.

Instead, since only your best run counts, there's literally no reward in building anything but the better antitoxins. The result is players just grinding the level for the rare plants, doing a single defense run, and calling it quits.

Somehow, DE managed to take what would be a semi-tedious grind event and make it even more tedious and grindy.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/151302-hotfix-1152/

Cicero Event Changes: Read me!

Firstly, just a heads up, ALL ANTITOXINS are tradable in the Dojo Trading posts.

Secondly, Clan leaderboards are now determined by the average of all participating players' best scores, not additive totals. Should the top clans result in a tie, the tie breaker will be determined by the clan that has earned the LOWER total missions run score, meaning that surgical strikes per mission are wiser than many minimum runs. The choice is yours!

And Lastly, changes to the Event point system overall. We have introduced the VERMILLION formula/antitoxin blueprint, an incredibly potent recipe that allows a single Tenno to receive 100 points when used! You can find this in the Market for purchase and craft it in the Foundry.
The VERMILLION Antitoxin formula has been added for Solo Players to achieve the required points for the event rewards, as well as to allow competitive clans to reach higher scores.

Changes:
- Adjustments and fixes to forest layout (holes, vines).
- Toned down scanner color correction for bright areas.
- New Sentinels now have the first shooting precept for free, and auto-equipped!
- Sound tweaks to Stug explosions.
- Eviscerator Bleed proc chance reduced by half.
- We now scale the difficulty of the following bosses:
Lephantis, Vor, Alad V, and Zanuka
Based on the Conclave ratings of the players.
- Upped health of defense objective in Cicero Crisis.

Fixes:
- Fixed unranked fusion cores being given as Survival Rewards.
- Fixed texture quality setting (was being ignored on game startup). Tweaked the budgets so that high-quality will be useful on large displays, medium (the default) is appropriate for almost all video cards, and low is tuned for 720p without thrashing HDD too much.
- Fixed Ember's Fireball level 4 not doing AoE damage on hit.
- Fixed Nekros’s Shadows of the Dead clones not attacking unless attacked first.
- Fixed Dojo rooms and decorations not being cancelable in the process of building.
- Fixed lingering Moa Railgun effects.
- Fixed bleedout icon not appearing on mini-map for teammates.
- Fixed players repeatedly being spammed if they want to bind their account to Steam economy. We now only ask once immediately after logging in.
- Fixed the Scanner icon having incorrect art when equipped.
- Fixed Aresenal stats not updating with Sentinel weapons.
- Fixed Ember’s accelerant not increasing fire damage against shields.
- Fixed issue where Carrier’s Vacuum would try and suck up ammo drops if you had maximum ammo and the scanner equipped.
- Fixed Cernos Bow offhand attachment showing an arrow incorrectly.
- Fixed a case with toggle sprint where if sprint was toggled on and you aim while standing still, then moving forward would cause you to sprint instead of walk and throw you out of your aim. Now, as soon as you aim you will be toggled out of sprint. This makes it consistent with what happens when you aim while sprinting.
- Fixed players being able to sell blueprints from their inventory that are currently in-progress in the Foundry.
----------

So Eviscerators will still kill you if you don't slot Vit, just not quite as often.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

sleeptalker posted:

It seems like the original idea of the Cicero Crisis event was probably for players to first get a basic antitoxin in one or two runs, and then keep getting enough on each run to keep building those as well as enough rare plants to occasionally build the other antitoxins. This would've worked out fine if players accrued points from each antitoxin defense run.

Instead, since only your best run counts, there's literally no reward in building anything but the better antitoxins. The result is players just grinding the level for the rare plants, doing a single defense run, and calling it quits.

Somehow, DE managed to take what would be a semi-tedious grind event and make it even more tedious and grindy.

You mean you don't like Metroid Prime, the MMO?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
So when it asks me to be part of the Steam economy, is that just for Winter Sale rewards or are we potentially selling mods/materials/etc. on the marketplace soon?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
As someone new to the series how quickly can I get my hands on a bow? I'm currently level 23/4ish Excalibur still using the Barton and Aklotas? Modding them etc of course but I really want to try a bow.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Tokubetsu posted:

As someone new to the series how quickly can I get my hands on a bow? I'm currently level 23/4ish Excalibur still using the Barton and Aklotas? Modding them etc of course but I really want to try a bow.

Step 1: Buy the Paris blueprint

Step 2: Have a higher level goon run you through a Mars survival mission to get the 3 Morphics you need to build it.

Step 3: Gather the rest of the materials.

Step 4: Build the Paris.

The Paris isn't super great compared to the other 2 bows but they're way, way more of a pain in the rear end to get.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
The bow appears to be quite niche. I made Paris and Cernos and have the BP for Dread but I couldn't even level one of them past 7 because the damage is dismal without getting properly modded. Even with Thunderbolt it still takes forever to kill things unless maybe if you're super good at headshots? But it felt like limiting yourself by adding a challenge. It would've been better if the ammo is easier to get and you have a higher cap. It was slightly better when it was armor ignore pre-damage 2.0 but now it just felt underpowered. And one of my my pet peeves is random players who brought a bow to an Infested mission. At least bring a Brakk or Embolist you lazy tards!! :argh:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

wid posted:

The bow appears to be quite niche. I made Paris and Cernos and have the BP for Dread but I couldn't even level one of them past 7 because the damage is dismal without getting properly modded. Even with Thunderbolt it still takes forever to kill things unless maybe if you're super good at headshots? But it felt like limiting yourself by adding a challenge. It would've been better if the ammo is easier to get and you have a higher cap. It was slightly better when it was armor ignore pre-damage 2.0 but now it just felt underpowered. And one of my my pet peeves is random players who brought a bow to an Infested mission. At least bring a Brakk or Embolist you lazy tards!! :argh:

The bow is a high critical strike weapon. Seriously, an element or two the Paris (I like Magenetic to deal with shields) and a crit damage and chance mod with Serration and it does ridiculous amounts of damage with a fully charged strike. Add multishot on that an you can get upwards of 9k with a well aimed double crit and even a half leveled Serration. I am of course biased because I love bows and archery and the Paris was a weapon that made me love this game.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 20, 2013

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You mean you don't like Metroid Prime, the MMO?

I actually kinda like the scanner. What I don't like is grinding a level for something that has a really poor chance of even appearing in the level at all. Even only checking the starting area before aborting and retrying is extremely tedious.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Lawlicaust posted:

Slots and potatoes are the best uses of your plat. Potatoing a warframe is never a bad idea (unless you absolutely hate it) but you probably don't want to potato any weapon before the kunai.

I wouldn't stress too much about wasting plat though. Currently PS4 players are paying premiums for mods and once you get further along you can probably make enough plat to buy anything you want. I've made over 2000 since update 12 went live on PS4.

Ah, I was really tempted to grab a Sentinel because building one seems inordinately annoying with all the parts/credits needed. Any suggestions on what would be the best one to grab? I'm actually really digging the whole ninja cloak Loki vibe... may not even bother with Ash if Loki stays this viable even to the later game!

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 20, 2013

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Crowbear posted:

Step 1: Buy the Paris blueprint

Step 2: Have a higher level goon run you through a Mars survival mission to get the 3 Morphics you need to build it.

Step 3: Gather the rest of the materials.

Step 4: Build the Paris.

The Paris isn't super great compared to the other 2 bows but they're way, way more of a pain in the rear end to get.

Bought blueprints and it turns out I already have the morphics =). Need a poo poo ton more nano spores and plastids though.

How is Nekros? Why are his blueprints so expensive?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Ember trip report.

Fireball, after the last hotfix, deals 186 damage to OD Chargers from the projectile and twice that from the AOE blast. The AOE seems to have a 8 to 10 meter range as well, and both projectile and AOE have around a 20% chance to proc a fire DOT. It's pretty spammable on the move and does reasonable damage to mid level non-armored enemies.

It also hurts Ember if you're in the aoe. Yes, Fireball does self-harm. You can kill yourself with Fireball. You can kill yourself with a Frame power.

we need a :de: smiley.

Accelerant actually seems to work more often than not now, but it's still blocked by LOS and that makes it kind of poo poo.

Fire Blast is more useful for the AOE than the ring DOT now, which means it's still poo poo but at least you can ignore duration on it and just spam that and Fireball. Why would you do that? Because...

World on Fire has a one unit target limit now. One.

Overall, Ember has been nerfed. Do not bother with this frame.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Step one with bows is never ever use Thunderbolt. While it seems great at first, it will hard cap your damage at 250 per mob when the explosion happens.

The Nekros frame is not great. He helps a ton in survival or general farming because his only real useful ability allows you to loot bodies twice. Lord knows why he's so expensive.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Doji Sekushi posted:

Step one with bows is never ever use Thunderbolt. While it seems great at first, it will hard cap your damage at 250 per mob when the explosion happens.

The Nekros frame is not great. He helps a ton in survival or general farming because his only real useful ability allows you to loot bodies twice. Lord knows why he's so expensive.

Thanks for the fast replies! I was mainly asking because I was thinking about trying a "caster" type frame for my next one. How's Trinity? I'm kinda leaning on Trinity, Mag or maybe Nova.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Tokubetsu posted:

Thanks for the fast replies! I was mainly asking because I was thinking about trying a "caster" type frame for my next one. How's Trinity? I'm kinda leaning on Trinity, Mag or maybe Nova.

Those are all really good choices.

Mag's 1 ability, Pull, is a nice panic button for when you need to knock down a group of enemies, and it can kill whole waves of lower level enemies. Her 2, Shield Polarize, is also nice when your shields are gone and you need them NOW and it also has the benefit of removing and dealing damage to anything with shields. Bullet Attractor is cool but I don't really use it, and her ultimate, Crush, is a room clearing AOE if you mod her right.

Nova is insane, especially her ultimate, Molecular Prime, which makes enemies explode when they die and that chain reacts, so if the damage from one explosion kills an enemy, it'll deal damage all around, and if they die... Otherwise she kinda strikes me as a one trick pony.

Trinity is the best support frame in the game, Well of Life is nice if people have low health, Energy Vampire can restore INSANE amounts of energy to your team, Link is nice if you're getting shot all over the place and want to return the pain to some enemies, and Blessing is one of the best skills in the game because it restores Shields and HP for your entire party, and makes your entire party Invulnerable for a period of time.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Tokubetsu posted:

With high end mods Trinity can make the entire team invulnerable forever. Actually she's probably the worst of those three but she's an excellent choice if you like support roles. Mostly because there are only two support frames, and the new one's from the same junk bin they pulled Valkyr and Nekros.

I have a bunch of frames leveled up and go through periods of playing different ones. Trinity is my jam right now, and the changes made since I last played her make her fairly fun. Energy Vampire is amazing (it easily pays for itself, turning you into an infinite energy battery with a little coordination), Blessing gives you spot heals (Well of Life is not so useful in that respect) and Link even gets you a little bit of durability when you need it. It can be tough to not have room-clearing AoE powers when you're used to them, but if you're playing with good players then just being able to keep everyone running at 100% is more than worth the loss.

Also if you want scans you can pop Well of Life on an enemy to keep your teammates from killing it for a second.

Male Man fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 20, 2013

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Mag has the best first ability in the game. She could clear up entire enemy mob in front of her. It's as good as the best ultimates of other frames. Her second ability, Shield Polarize, makes Corpus cry like a bitch as their gimmick of using shield drones is backfiring. Even when fighting Infested who don't have shields, you could still use Shield Polarize to heal your shield and your teams'.

Nova is the one you want if you wanted to clear the entirety of your vision of mobs in a second. Her ultimate is objectively the strongest nuke in the game. It slows the enemies down, makes them take more damage and when they die, they explode, creating a cascade of explosions. Her other abilities range from "meh" to "this doesn't work properly".

Trinity I have no personal experience with, yet. But I have never seen one dying even when mobbed and the team also survives a hell of a lot better unless they moved too far away from her.

;EFB

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fuzz posted:

Ah, I was really tempted to grab a Sentinel because building one seems inordinately annoying with all the parts/credits needed. Any suggestions on what would be the best one to grab? I'm actually really digging the whole ninja cloak Loki vibe... may not even bother with Ash if Loki stays this viable even to the later game!

Carrier is awesome because he has the best weapon, the shotgun. He can also vacuum up any nearby loot. Most people use carrier the majority of the time or at least have one for use during farming.

Shade has a pretty cool power for solo'ing content. It cloaks you whenever enemies are present. The cloak has some issues and doesn't work in certain circumstances but it's really useful if you are trying to speed run missions. His gun kind of sucks though.

The others are pretty hit or miss. Deathcube's gun is pretty good especially if you have Fired Up. Vaporize also does a pretty sizable amount of damage.

Wyrm is probably the weakest of the market sentinels. His gun is pretty awful. Crowd Dispersion isn't bad but it isn't great either.

Djinn is only obtainable through clan research (and we haven't finished it yet). Someone with the PC will have to comment on his abilities but all reports are that his gun is absolute garbage because it doesn't hitscan.

When you get your sentinel, make sure to upgrade the mod granting your sentinel an attack because that will increase the range. The exception to this is Djinn if you get it because increase Djinn's range just makes it even worse.

Edit: Something else important to mention about sentinels is that they use they prioritize abilities in the order they are in the mod grid with 1-5 being the top row and 6-10 being the bottom row.

Your mod priority should be: Ghost, Guardian, Sanctuary, Regen, Vaporize, Vacuum, Coolant Leak, then the attack ability. Passives can be slotted anywhere in between those abilities.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 20, 2013

Gunmuffins
Dec 5, 2003
Vaginamite Rave

Lawlicaust posted:

I added you to the clan. You'll have to accept it in the in Warframe interface and then build a key to get access to the clan hall.

I would like to join you guys as well, my PSN ID is gunmuffins. This game is fun but even at level 23 feel like I barely have a handle on what the hell is going on. Definitely has that pso vibe that keeps me coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Denzine posted:

Ember trip report.

Fireball, after the last hotfix, deals 186 damage to OD Chargers from the projectile and twice that from the AOE blast. The AOE seems to have a 8 to 10 meter range as well, and both projectile and AOE have around a 20% chance to proc a fire DOT. It's pretty spammable on the move and does reasonable damage to mid level non-armored enemies.

It also hurts Ember if you're in the aoe. Yes, Fireball does self-harm. You can kill yourself with Fireball. You can kill yourself with a Frame power.

we need a :de: smiley.

Totally gonna use this with the rocket launcher now! Is there a secondary or melee weapon that you can kill yourself with so I can complete this build?