Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa8v7VsH0IM

1989 snypa, thats da poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

didnt click that

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

:allears:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

if it looks like it wasn't made by a dj or a black man there is no way im clicking a music youtube itt

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Last acceptable birth year posting

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
hare krishna

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d9FLEIQfME

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

President & Founding Member of Cardiac Crew (x2)

Butterfly Valley posted:

I've never roasted a bird before in my life, I'm going off the advice of one of my friends who cooks delicious juicy birds all the time

What's the pissflaps technique

Pissflaps knows poo poo all about cooking a turkey.

You want a good, juicy turkey, do the following:

Obtain the following ingredients now:

10 sprigs thyme
6 sprigs sage
4 sprigs rosemary
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons celery seed
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar

Use a food processor to mix it all up. Take the mixture and coat the turkey with it, using it with abandon, or generously.

Put the turkey into a seal able plastic bag (a 2 gallon size will likely be required).

Refrigerate for 3 days.

On the 4th day, take the turkey out of the bag and wash off all the mixture. Return the turkey to the bag and refrigerate for another day.

Cook:

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.

Put the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan.

Upon putting the turkey in the heated oven, reduce the heat to 325 degrees.

It will take 20-30 minutes a pound to be done; use an instant read thermometer to double check; should read ~165 in the thickest portion of the thigh.

When done, take out of oven and let it rest for at least a half an hour.

Carve and serve.

If you stuff the bird, the time will go up. I recommend not stuffing the bird and making stuffing, if desired, separately.

The dry brine will ensure a juicy and flavorful bird. gently caress pancetta as it will not give you the results the above will...

And a 4 kilo bird is loving small, by American standards.

Edit: the heat should be reduced to 325, not 350, so I fixed it.

BTW, this dry brine never fails.

GOM fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 20, 2013

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
bach is amazing i love him so much

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
suzuki is also a fantastic conductor ive seen him live once but i think hes a bit to fastidious and lacks a bit of creativity

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Thanks gom I'm going food shopping tomorrow I may just do all that.

Should I wrap it in tinfoil or anything while it's cooking? Or just when it's resting?

Also other issue is we have an aga and it's kind of poo poo for adjusting cooking temperatures it's either really loving hot or not at all

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Butterfly Valley posted:

Should I wrap it in tinfoil or anything while it's cooking? Or just when it's resting?

Also other issue is we have an aga and it's kind of poo poo for adjusting cooking temperatures it's either really loving hot or not at all

put it all in your butt

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
nice cooking posts, now i want to cook a turkey

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
chaz knows most about turkey tbh

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Adulterous Hitler posted:

chaz knows most about turkey tbh

I do

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

literal tonnes of knowledge materiel

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

You can tent the bird with tinfoil, meaning take a length of tinfoil, put a crease in it and place over the bird, but I generally don't do this at all. Don't wrap it, ffs. It will still be warm after a half hour rest, trust me.

As for the temp issue with your stove, if you have a proper thermometer, you can test how well your oven achieves temps and figure it out.

I've seen advise to have the initial temp as high as 500, reduced to 300 after introduction, but I'm not in favor with that.

The basic idea is that the initial higher heat seals the surface of the bird and keeps the bird juicy. How that would work with your aga is an issue I would suggest you could figure out, via experimentation.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

GOM posted:

The basic idea is that the initial higher heat seals the surface of the bird and keeps the bird juicy.

lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

the sex ghost posted:

someone spent the entire uk defence budget on custom goon wallets and shivadas bongs? what the gently caress

Lol

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I'm borrowing a meat thermometer from a friend, I've looked up some stuff and it suggests fast cooking times for a bird of my size are about 2 hours so I'll get my family to put it in a couple of hours before I get back from work then test it when home and stick it back in for a bit if needs be

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

bach is amazing i love him so much

he was from some higher planet for sure

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

T. Finninho posted:

nice cooking posts, now i want to cook a turkey

m8, they have brilliant turkey breast alone selections from Foster Farms at most grocery stores. I was looking tonight at a nice 8 pounder, which you could cook and provide leftovers to ~~anyone~~ you fancy.

And, I can help you maintain a 'bitching single dude who cooks' appearance, which the ladies like. Just pm me...

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

What about rubbing butter and lemon underneath the skin

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Mr. Mambold posted:

he was from some higher planet for sure

that sporano in the 2nd vid i posted got some chinky chink teeth but shes loving amazing

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
turkey tips from me, hitler

put the meat in at the highest temperature possible
keep it in there as long as possible
buy cheap knockoff shirts and hoodies

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

that sporano in the 2nd vid i posted got some chinky chink teeth but shes loving amazing

I was just :staredog: at the gay 1st tenor he looks like a giraffe but sings like a bird

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Mr. Mambold posted:

I was just :staredog: at the gay 1st tenor he looks like a giraffe but sings like a bird
its a great recording but the tenor at 25:58 is a bit lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
28:14 is one of my fav things ive performed ever

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

its a great recording but the tenor at 25:58 is a bit lol

dat girl do got dem buck teeth I can't not stare at them when she sings

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Butterfly Valley posted:

Should I freeze the bird until Christmas Eve? It's fresh today and says use before 26th

Thats gonna be gross

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Bobby this woman is playing hard to get you've got to wear her down eventually she will break

Here is a link that I think might help you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting

Haha

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Uhh, sorry if I hit a nerve I guess, I'm not trying to start poo poo, but I've literally never talked to a guy that liked tattoos on girls (except like kat von d or whatever, but I mean I general), I mean this isn't the jezebel forums so you do that have to white knight to please your feminist overlords here. I'll make you all a deal, you cry about your rape culture somewhere else please and I'll stop commenting on fighter appearances? I'm not talking about they're worth, I'm talking about their sexual market value, that is not the same as their worth as a human. Mother Theresa was a great person with a low SMV, most girls want both, and IMO tattoos decrease both, but SMV in particular

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Mr. Mambold posted:

dat girl do got dem buck teeth I can't not stare at them when she sings

i hope you power through its bachs masterpiece imo

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i wonder what my SMV (Sexual Market Value) is

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Mean Bean Machine posted:

i wonder what my SMV (Sexual Market Value) is

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
i have a lot of energy irl atm

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

i hope you power through its bachs masterpiece imo

I've not watched this version, I think it's quite good.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
mods rename me Mother Theresa was a great person with a low SMV

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

T. Finninho posted:

i have a lot of energy irl atm

Can you give me some cause I'm going skiing tomorrow and i am tired and don't feel good, mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

vaginal culture posted:

Thats gonna be gross

I'm hearing so many conflicting things!! atm it's all sealed in the bag from the farm in the fridge

• Locked thread