Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Iron Crowned posted:

In areas where you don't see many $2 bills, strippers love them, and can't get enough of them.

In areas where you see a lot of them, and/or the club actively distributes them, they hate them because they can't get rid of them.

Why would it be hard to get rid of them? Can't you just take them to a bank or shop like any other notes or coins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
...I'm embarrassed how long that one took me to figure out. :v:

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Rollersnake posted:

...I'm embarrassed how long that one took me to figure out. :v:

Jesus Christ is that a Morgan Freeman death threat?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's an obituary for Mandela

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
Oh. Phew.

Joebungaloe
Apr 3, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

"Pika! Pika Pika Pika! Pika Pika!"
"What?"

At the police morning briefing the next morning, I do hope the Chief uttered the sentence "Ok guys, you gotta catch 'em all."

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The odd one out is Mother Teresa. She was a bad person.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SplitSoul posted:

I dunno, Ghandi had a hell of a thing for nuclear weapons.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah but who hasn't had that wet dream?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

I've heard that she had lost her faith decades before her death and was faking it so she could keep getting funding to heal the sick. I've also heard that she wasn't really trying to heal anyone and was just using her hospital as a front to try and convert the sick to Christianity. I'm just going to assume anything anyone says about her is just hearsay.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Haven't played that game in forever. What a dick.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

rodbeard posted:

I've heard that she had lost her faith decades before her death and was faking it so she could keep getting funding to heal the sick. I've also heard that she wasn't really trying to heal anyone and was just using her hospital as a front to try and convert the sick to Christianity. I'm just going to assume anything anyone says about her is just hearsay.

She lost her faith and didn't give two fucks about pain management but she must have cared a bit about saving lives. Still want to believe that she wanted to prevent the people of Calcutta from dying though.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

rodbeard posted:

I heard she didn't run hospitals, but hospices. A hospice isn't a place to get better in.

Rids!
Aug 20, 2006

picture this if you will...
http://www.nouvelles.umontreal.ca/udem-news/news/20130301-mother-teresa-anything-but-a-saint.html

quote:

The missions have been described as "homes for the dying" by doctors visiting several of these establishments in Calcutta.
The doctors observed a significant lack of hygiene, even unfit conditions, as well as a shortage of actual care, inadequate food, and no painkillers. The problem is not a lack of money—the Foundation created by Mother Teresa has raised hundreds of millions of dollars—but rather a particular conception of suffering and death: “There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ's Passion. The world gains much from their suffering," was her reply to criticism, cites the journalist Christopher Hitchens. Nevertheless, when Mother Teresa required palliative care, she received it in a modern American hospital.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Shut up and post pictures.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Maytag posted:

Shut up and post pictures.

:ironicat:

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Had to be done

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Say Nothing posted:

"Pika! Pika Pika Pika! Pika Pika!"
"What?"

This is beyond funny to me. I'm sure it's not for the people who were there, but two scary gunmen running in saying, in their most threatening voices, "Pika! PikaPikaPika! PikaPika!" makes this such a wonderfully absurd image.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Bored posted:

This is beyond funny to me. I'm sure it's not for the people who were there, but two scary gunmen running in saying, in their most threatening voices, "Pika! PikaPikaPika! PikaPika!" makes this such a wonderfully absurd image.

Unfortunately, it's a photoshop. :(

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Magic ruined

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

DangerDongs posted:

Magic ruined

Yeah, sorry. I did a reverse GIS to try to find the associated article, and well, yeah. :(

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
As we all know on the Something Awful forums, Photoshopped images are never funny.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ensign_Ricky posted:

:(
Lying scumbag internet. Here's some funny movie credits, hopefully they're not fake.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Say Nothing posted:

Lying scumbag internet. Here's some funny movie credits, hopefully they're not fake.

I vaguely remember seeing this one somewhere... I'm trying to remember which Jim Carrey movie involed penguins. (EDIT: probably Mr. Popper's Penguins)

I do really want to know what the other ones are though.

Tiggum posted:

Why would it be hard to get rid of them? Can't you just take them to a bank or shop like any other notes or coins?

Well, yes, but the average person encounters one or two $2 bills and holds on to them as if they're magical (you can go to the bank and ask for them if you want some). I think it's more of a stigma thing since most people don't usually carry a stack of them around.

Iron Crowned has a new favorite as of 14:30 on Dec 20, 2013

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Tiggum posted:

I work in retail and anytime I get them I ask the next person with cash if they want it, and that I hear they're lucky. %90 of the time it'll work.

Those drat dollar coins though, ugh. No one will take them.

piiicctuuuuurreeee

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Cart posted:

Had to be done

I had one of those in the dorm when I was in college. One of the Classics majors added Latin, too. (It's on a carpet because it was outside of a bathroom that had just been mopped.)

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Cart posted:

Had to be done

Found while at my cardiologist a few months ago.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Iron Crowned posted:

I do really want to know what the other ones are though.

Say Nothing posted:

Mongrels

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Airplane II

Sea of Love

Naked Gun 2½ (obviously)

Mr. Popper's Penguins

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Dec 20, 2013

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
E: didn't check page numbers...

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Those responsible for the fault in the subtitles have been sacked.

Captain Trips has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Dec 20, 2013

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

DangerDongs posted:

Magic ruined

Naw. It's still a really great image, just for the "pikapikapika" in low, bank robber voices.

Edit: I was just worried that it was real and someone would be like, "Yeah, that's hilarious. People's lives are being threatened." And then I would feel bad for upsetting strangers on the internet.

Bored has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Dec 20, 2013

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Bored posted:

Naw. It's still a really great image, just for the "pikapikapika" in low, bank robber voices.

Edit: I was just worried that it was real and someone would be like, "Yeah, that's hilarious. People's lives are being threatened." And then I would feel bad for upsetting strangers on the internet.
Things have changed a lot around here over the years, but I'm pretty sure "upsetting strangers on the internet" is still somewhere on SA's coat of arms.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Things have changed a lot around here over the years, but I'm pretty sure "upsetting strangers on the internet" is still somewhere on SA's coat of arms.

A troll rampant on a field of butts, actually

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Binge
Feb 23, 2001

Those cuddly animals are stoned out of their non-existent minds.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Yeah and I kinda want one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

What am I missing here?

• Locked thread