Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:eyepop::stare::aaaaa::aaaaa::stare::eyepop:

I am putting together a hand written letter and sending it to Square Enix right now. It'll be an incoherent rambling demanding the translated game, with blood spatter and tear marks ruining the text here and there.

I can't loving wait for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So without spoiling anything, on a scale of "Nowe" to "Drakengard ending D", how would you guys rank this game?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

gently caress the Year of Luigi.

Oh, I left out a detail. The camera will move behind the heads of the Intoners (who grow out of Zero at certain points) as the fight goes on, meaning that you will not be able to see the rings approaching Mikhail. Because the creators hate everything.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So without spoiling anything, on a scale of "Nowe" to "Drakengard ending D", how would you guys rank this game?

Drakengard Ending D 2: Electric Boogaloo.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Okay, THIS is my last post. The final short story, focusing on One: http://kho-dazat.tumblr.com/post/70522248053/visitors-january-1st-999-a-d-on-this-the-first

It's been fun, guys! See you after I've played and beat every ending!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

SunAndSpring posted:

Drakengard Ending D 2: Electric Boogaloo.
I'm so ready. :getin:

Square better dub this. I'm going to try going in blind now because it really looks I should.

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I am putting together a hand written letter and sending it to Square Enix right now. It'll be an incoherent rambling demanding the translated game, with blood spatter and tear marks ruining the text here and there.

I can't loving wait for this game.

this this this this this. Looked at those spoilers, fought the urge to fistpump like a megadork. So this is what videogame-related hype feels like huh

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit since I haven't even played it yet but it seems like they've done everything right, given that it's a Drakengard game. If I could put up with the soul-crushing gameplay of the original way back when for the kooky-rear end atmosphere and music, this one's going to be a cool summer breeze in comparison. It actually looks sort of... fun. :eyepop:

Cloche fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 19, 2013

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

I'm so ready. :getin:

Square better dub this. I'm going to try going in blind now because it really looks I should.

Agreed, though I'd also love it if they had an option for the Japanese track as well. I don't normally care but I quite like the Japanese voice acting from what I've heard.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I made it through 3/4ths of Nier before my PS3 poo poo the bed and I lost the save. I've got a week and a half of vacation before New Years, I may have to sit down and try to replay it so I am fully prepared when this come to the US.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Some music for you all:

The two other songs from the Drakengard 3 website.
Unknown Ambient Theme (Very Nier-esque)
Unknown Battle Theme (Vocals kick in at 2 mins)

And Growing Wings - Drakengard 3 Version.

Man, I've not changed my avatar in years, but that's a tempting one.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Found a video of the Four boss fight and it has subs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5t3tD_DakQ. I really like how it seems that we're basically playing the villain.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I desperately want to avoid spoiling this for myself, but I thought I'd ask before the thread becomes even more of a spoiler minefield. Has this been confirmed for a EU release or just US? And if it is just US, is it physical, so I could at least import it?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
At this point my fear is that Zero is going to be such a monster as to be unlikeable. Caim really hit the sweet spot of sociopathic monster but still likeable because the world was so much worse than he was.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Would making a non-spoiler thread be overkill, do you think? To be honest, I'd like to keep posting things (like the contents of the 10th Anniversary Box when it reaches me) but I don't want to risk stepping on a spoiler mine. It might also be nice for people who are holding out for the English release but still want to stay on top of the news/discuss non-spoilery things.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

This isn't nearly a big enough game to merit a non-spoiler thread, it's no Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us. Just don't be a dick and use spoiler tags.

CottonWolf posted:

I desperately want to avoid spoiling this for myself, but I thought I'd ask before the thread becomes even more of a spoiler minefield. Has this been confirmed for a EU release or just US? And if it is just US, is it physical, so I could at least import it?

Apparently the US physical release is a Square-Enix store exclusive or something? You could always just make a US PSN account, buy a US PSN card, and buy it digitally through that if the physical doesn't work out for you. Speaking of which, if that Square-Enix store thing is true is it available for pre-order?

vvv Wow thanks, I'll pre-order this after the holidays.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 20, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Policenaut posted:

This isn't nearly a big enough game to merit a non-spoiler thread, it's no Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us. Just don't be a dick and use spoiler tags.

Apparently the US physical release is a Square-Enix store exclusive or something? You could always just make a US PSN account, buy a US PSN card, and buy it digitally through that if the physical doesn't work out for you. Speaking of which, if that Square-Enix store thing is true is it available for pre-order?

Yes.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Oh, that's annoying. They won't ship to the UK. I guess I may have to go the 'set up a US account' route. But cheers.

E: The EU will be getting a digital release after all. I was just suffering from momentary blindness.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 20, 2013

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

At this point my fear is that Zero is going to be such a monster as to be unlikeable. Caim really hit the sweet spot of sociopathic monster but still likeable because the world was so much worse than he was.

That's exactly what I was thinking after watching that video Genocyber posted. Despite being a bloodthirsty mad dog Caim really worked because the antagonists and supporting cast alike were either disgusting monsters or frustrating incompetents. Most of Zero's sisters seem either pretty cool, or funny, or whatever. Definitely not hitting the same notes as Inuart/Verdelet/etc. I get the feeling that some of the violence against them is going to be hard for a weenie-baby like me to stomach.

I'm guessing her relationship with Mikhail is going to be a humanizing factor at the very least because dat fukkin dragon. :3:

Cloche fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 20, 2013

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pesky Splinter posted:

It is done. :psyboom:

:siren:
HUGE loving SPOILERS!
VVV
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16820
^^^
HUGE loving SPOILERS!
:siren:

No words. No words.

It is everything I could possibly have hoped for, and in some ways I wish I hadn't clicked.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cloche posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking after watching that video Genocyber posted. Despite being a bloodthirsty mad dog Caim really worked because the antagonists and supporting cast alike were either disgusting monsters or frustrating incompetents. Most of Zero's sister's seem either pretty cool, or funny, or whatever. Definitely not hitting the same notes as Inuart/Verdelet/etc. I get the feeling that some of the violence against them is going to be hard for a weenie-baby like me to stomach.

I'm guessing her relationship with Mikhail is going to be a humanizing factor at the very least because dat fukkin dragon. :3:

Pretty much. When the sociopathy of someone like Caim no longer feels warranted, the game threatens to become just sort of unpleasant/revolting to play or even watch.

Hopefully that won't be the case!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cloche posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking after watching that video Genocyber posted. Despite being a bloodthirsty mad dog Caim really worked because the antagonists and supporting cast alike were either disgusting monsters or frustrating incompetents. Most of Zero's sisters seem either pretty cool, or funny, or whatever.

We can tell just from the supplementary materials released so far that this really isn't the case.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

We can tell just from the supplementary materials released so far that this really isn't the case.

Yeah the other Intoners clearly aren't good people (except for maybe One). The only reason killing them is a bad thing is because, despite being pretty hosed up, they're also the reason that the lands are at peace.

I'm also fine with Zero also just being evil and/or revenge driven. Playing as the villain of a story is pretty novel, especially since those kinds of games are usually black comedy.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, you're right. It just goes to show how pumped I am over this title, I guess. I'm trusting you guys with the spoiler tags!

In other news, the Anniversary Box is so heavy I had to pay an additional $15 shipping charge to cover it! That's on top of the initial $40-something, which makes the total I spent on it close to $300... which kind of makes me want to die. See, Drakengard inspires despair on multiple levels!

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Yeah the other Intoners clearly aren't good people (except for maybe One).

What's wrong with Two?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Wait, so I can only get the physical version of the game from Square-Enix's store? Is that like, just for pre-orders or straight up only ever from the store?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Wait, so I can only get the physical version of the game from Square-Enix's store? Is that like, just for pre-orders or straight up only ever from the store?

Sounds like that's it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

No.44 posted:

What's wrong with Two?

Oh right I forgot about her. She's okay, too. The other three are all pretty terrible and/or hosed up.

alcharagia posted:

The latter, AFAIK. Kinda like what happened with Xenoblade. They know interest is fairly limited and this way they don't produce more copies than they're going to sell.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Top Gym Pumper posted:

Sounds like that's it.

Genocyber posted:

The latter, AFAIK.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I wonder if this game will show up in Gamestops that often. It seems that it won't because if you want a physical copy you're gonna have to go out of your way to get it so no one is going to pick it up on a whim. Still I would expect some copies to appear in used game stores.

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Unless I've glossed over something major, (which is more than possible because i haven't been following this too closely) One and Two seem like perfectly fine people from the information we've been given so far? Four too sorta, she just has that overcompensating for her inferiority complex thing going on. Three and Five come across as being plenty unsettling, though. DOLLZ

I'm not saying it ruins the game for me or anything because it's waayy too early to say for sure what's even going on, just that it'll be a pretty different, and possibly much more unpleasant experience, if the targets of the psycho protagonist's bloodletting are by large sympathetic or likeable characters. They might not end up that way at all, or maybe that's the point of the whole game! This is Drakengard, so they're probably all horrible! Who knows.

Cloche fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 20, 2013

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Four is a complete ticking time bomb of pent-up OCD and self-loathing. She really isn't okay.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cloche posted:

Unless I've glossed over something major, (which is more than possible because i haven't been following this too closely) One and Two seem like perfectly fine people from the information we've been given so far? Four too sorta, she just has that overcompensating for her inferiority complex thing going on. Three and Five come across as being plenty unsettling, though. DOLLZ

I dunno if you're looking for spoilers, but there are some pretty major spoilers below (even if I dunno if they come from the game itself).

We know from the supplements so far that Two likes kids. She really, really likes kids. Except for when their tiny bones get caught between her teeth.

Between that, Three's probably human-dollmaking, and Five's blatant sociopathy, there's no reason to believe that any of the other Intoners except for maybe One are nice people.

God I wish this thing wasn't PS3-exclusive. Why is that happening, again?

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 20, 2013

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

God I wish this thing wasn't PS3-exclusive. Why is that happening, again?

Probably because at most 5 people in Japan own 360's.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Cloche posted:

I'm not saying it ruins the game for me or anything because it's waayy too early to say for sure what's even going on, just that it'll be a pretty different, and possibly much more unpleasant experience, if the targets of the psycho protagonist's bloodletting are by large sympathetic or likeable characters. They might not end up that way at all, or maybe that's the point of the whole game! This is Drakengard, so they're probably all horrible! Who knows.

Re: Four, I also think it bears keeping in mind that at the end of her short story, she said she'd be fine with all her other sisters dying if she could be with Zero, whom she idolizes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Came back hoping to see additional endings.

It was everything I could have dreamed :allears:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Genocyber posted:

Probably because at most 5 people in Japan own 360's.

Some of us own PS4s but not PS3s.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

The Dark Id posted:

gently caress the Year of Luigi.

The streamer gave up during his last stream because he wasn't able to beat the boss after three hours of attempts, hopefully he'll be back later.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Some real dire loading times

e: music owns though

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

Yeah it's a shame about the PS3 thing, but I was planning on getting or borrowing one for Persona 5 anyway, so I guess it's not a total loss.

:holymoley:

Okay yeah I obviously missed some stuff! Thanks for the clarification.

Especially Two. Hahahaha, what? WHAT

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
So do we know if this is getting a dub or a sub?

If it's a dub, do we have a known list of the VAs for it?
All I could think of when listening to Zero's dialog was "how would this impact me if I was listening to Laura Bailey's saint row voice?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Just beat Phanuel and oh man was the music good. The way it starts, the way it changes when you do the super mode thing. :allears: Too bad the soundtrack isn't out until around this time next month.

e: the way weapon switching works is great. Just tap L2 or R2 to bring up your 4 slots and then one of the face buttons to select a weapon. Really quick and easy, you can even do it mid-combo.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 20, 2013

• Locked thread