Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Decision reinforced. This reminds me of the quality jump between 6 and 7, but it also comes with massive framerate improvements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

5er posted:

WELL gently caress
What kdrudy said, I just checked the thread again:

KungFu Grip posted:

It's tweeted multiple vines from him so he probably has someone just reading the trending topics to him and then tweeting his responses to them out for him because he's too old. Shiek is still definitely involved in it.

Chewy Bitems posted:

Isn't it meant to be his nephews(?) / agents running it, supposedly tweeting things he says?

RZApublican posted:

It's his agent, according to one of his YouShoot DVDs.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Schubalts posted:

Decision reinforced. This reminds me of the quality jump between 6 and 7, but it also comes with massive framerate improvements.

I watched a regular XL video and the game was running so smooth I thought it was a PC game. That reminds me, the stream that Policenaut was watching there were some Chinese fellows talking about a PC version. I forget if it was about wanting one or saying there would be one but yeah, it'd be nice if they made the ports.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Policenaut posted:

The Japanese version of DW8 apparently got a title update late November that enabled save data upload to "the cloud" that lets users transfer immediately into Xtreme Legends. We'll probably get that over here.
We never did get the DW7E patch though, iirc.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Tecmo Koei's head honcho talks about the future of the Warriors franchise and even hints at possible open world/open world RPG type settings

quote:

“On the subject of possibilities and new introductions, I believe that an open world Warriors game, or an RPG that utilizes a Warriors system would be quite interesting,” says Koinuma. “Also, we’ve acquired the knowhow of hunting-action games after developing Toukiden, so a Warriors game combined with elements of a hunting-action game would also be a possibility.”

quote:

He continues, “One more thing: while much remains unknown for the time being, by utilizing the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One’s next-generation specs, I believe that it might even be possible to come up with new game elements that have yet to be seen.”

quote:

“Up until now, the movements of troops in the background of the Warriors games have been simulated in a rather simple way,” says Koinuma. “However, if we could fully simulate it all together, I believe that the strategic elements would see a major improvement, and the fights would be much more fun on a whole other level.”

Yes please, please experiment more with this stuff :haw:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 20, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So out of 7, 8 and 7 Empires. What is the best one to grab. Last one I played was 3

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Croccers posted:

So out of 7, 8 and 7 Empires. What is the best one to grab. Last one I played was 3

If you have a PS4 I wholly recommend sitting tight until the DW8+XL pack. If you don't have a PS4 then, still, just play 8.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

I really need to get back to 8, but 7 is still the better game.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Do we know if the PS4 and Vita versions will be cross-save?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Lunethex posted:

If you have a PS4 I wholly recommend sitting tight until the DW8+XL pack. If you don't have a PS4 then, still, just play 8.
I don't have a PS4 but I have a PS3 and 360. It's kinda possible to get that Warriors Orchids 3 in Aus, takes a bit of effort though . Should I aim to get that?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Croccers posted:

I don't have a PS4 but I have a PS3 and 360. It's kinda possible to get that Warriors Orchids 3 in Aus, takes a bit of effort though . Should I aim to get that?

You mean 3-Ultimate? That one's up to you since it's not translated yet but the original Orochi 3 is. Fortunately Koei-wiki is a great source of information to get around the few requirements of Japanese.

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Chortles posted:

What kdrudy said, I just checked the thread again:

I'll take it!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Lunethex posted:

You mean 3-Ultimate? That one's up to you since it's not translated yet but the original Orochi 3 is. Fortunately Koei-wiki is a great source of information to get around the few requirements of Japanese.
Whatever the recommended one in the OP is.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Croccers posted:

Whatever the recommended one in the OP is.

Yeah that's Orochi 3 original, there's a Japanese version yet to be put in English called Orochi 3-Ultimate which is just an upgraded version of it.

If you're familiar with Koei's games at large and just want a game where the rosters of Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors are combined and have only a lot of fighting and combat to deal with then you could check it out.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Croccers posted:

Depends a bit on what you want, but I would say go with 7. The mechanics are a bit improved with 8 and unlike 7 there are no cloned move sets if that sort of thing bothers you but the whole presentation in 7 is just so much better, especially the campaigns.

LoudLoudNoise
Dec 29, 2008

Croccers posted:

Get DW7 for now and pick up DW8 when it's out on PS4.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I really, really love the fact that Tecmo Koei and Omega Force have completely disowned Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Policenaut posted:

I really, really love the fact that Tecmo Koei and Omega Force have completely disowned Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce.

Nobody talks about it so I assume that's for the best :tinfoil:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Strikeforce was actually pretty cool so I dunno. Nobody talks about it because it was a PSP game.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Top Gym Pumper posted:

Strikeforce was actually pretty cool so I dunno. Nobody talks about it because it was a PSP game.

I never looked much into it but wasn't it Dynasty Warriors except everyone could go super saiyan? And then there were some mythical creatures or something too?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Revitalized posted:

I never looked much into it but wasn't it Dynasty Warriors except everyone could go super saiyan? And then there were some mythical creatures or something too?

Yeah it had those but also the basic gameplay was pretty different, kind of like a fast Monster Hunter. It's been a while and I can't remember every little detail but it really didn't play very much like your typical Dynasty Warriors. Also it was totally multiplayer-focused and as a result tended to be crushingly hard to play single player. And the super modes were nuts. Fights with officers would turn into crazy high-speed flying clusterfucks.

e: also went back to that old "every character has a bow with them" thing, and you really needed it.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 20, 2013

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Revitalized posted:

The super-saiyan impression is helped a bit by starting out with a Ma Chao wearing some big lion's mane head gear.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If you missed the Chinese guy's stream a few days ago for DW8wXL on PS4, here's another guy playing it. Same as before, Lu Bu campaign. For some reason he seems to have sound disabled?

edit: Found the game channel page, nice to keep updated.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 22, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

PS4 version trailer for Asian/Japanese release of DW8wXL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E61MPwbzvWg

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Bought Gundam 4 but wasn't really jumping to play it. Finally did though and hey, turns out, still a fun game! Framerate isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, though maybe that's just because I'm coming off of Drakengard 3. Fun new feature: you can now charge your beam rifle or whatever projectile weapon you have before firing it by holding the triangle button. Any grunts hit by a charged shot will do the chain explosion thing if they die so you're basically firing your beam rifle into crowds and wiping them all out at once.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Did DWG4 get a digital release?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

iastudent posted:

Did DWG4 get a digital release?

Yeah, 7980 yen.

e: btw stages are more like they were in the second game also space is back. All of the suits I've used in the official mode so far seem to have had their movesets changed up.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 26, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

How many people in this thread own a PS4 and are going to buy DW8+XL?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Lunethex posted:

My path to this game on my PS4 is a story of perfect serendipity.

When DW8 initially launched, I was just too busy with work to bother. Then later on, I realized there would be a legends/empires/whatever, so I should wait. When empires, or whichever one it was, came out, I was once again, just too busy to think about grabbing it, and then I forgot all about it.

Now I'm loving ready to rip some ancient chinese people apart. This game can't come out soon enough.

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Lunethex posted:

I will be.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The reason I'm asking is simply for anyone wanting to get together on co-op and making use of that in the story mode and for the new free mode optionals. It would be fun to finally get in on that :D

Also for easier completion of the special objectives in one of the Wei and Shu missions. Definitely that Wei mission with having to chase the guy down across the map and the doors not opening because everyone's talking :mad:

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Lunethex posted:

The reason I'm asking is simply for anyone wanting to get together on co-op and making use of that in the story mode and for the new free mode optionals. It would be fun to finally get in on that :D

Also for easier completion of the special objectives in one of the Wei and Shu missions. Definitely that Wei mission with having to chase the guy down across the map and the doors not opening because everyone's talking :mad:

Yeah I'm definitely up for that. DW8 is a total mystery to me so I'll be going in blind.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I just got my PS4 for Christmas and I skipped DW8 on PS3 so I'm going in totally blind on the PS4 version. Spring is going to be so god drat crazy! Infamous, MGS5: Ground Zeroes, DW8wXL, I'm pumped.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Policenaut posted:

I just got my PS4 for Christmas and I skipped DW8 on PS3 so I'm going in totally blind on the PS4 version. Spring is going to be so god drat crazy! Infamous, MGS5: Ground Zeroes, DW8wXL, I'm pumped.

And even though I'm excited about all those great titles, the one I care most about involves Lu Bu and screaming charges.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Warriors 4 is coming overseas, probably in the summer.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You can PM me your PSN IDs or just add "Lunethex" (a few months in advance :v:) and we'll get together for DW8 Co-op on PS4. I'll do my best to get the 5th weapons on every stage I play with someone at least!

Unless you can't add friends between PS3 and PS4 (I don't have it yet, I'll get it next year).

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 28, 2013

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

Is Sengoku Basara still cared about here? There was a preview video of the next one posted on play-asia recently and it's apparently out in less than a month. No PS4 version though :(.

e: probably missed something in one of the recent pages, but haven't been paying attention lately...

Portable Staplefrog fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 28, 2013

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Portable Staplefrog posted:

Is Sengoku Basara still cared about here? There was a preview video of the next one posted on play-asia recently and it's apparently out in less than a month. No PS4 version though :(.

e: probably missed something in one of the recent pages, but haven't been paying attention lately...

More would if the drat things would come over to the US. I like them because there's a level of insanity to them that's really not in Dynasty Warriors that much. Things are just so over-the-top in the Sengoku Basara games. I'm still waiting for the day when these kind of games start playing like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta with combo systems and boss fights are like boss fights in those games. I think that's the next evolution of this genre.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Lunethex posted:

I will be. My PS3 died over the summer taking all of my DW saves burning into the abyss so I'm excited to have the chance to actually finish 8 this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I bought DW8 digital for the PS3, but will absolutely be getting 8+XL for the PS4... it would be nice if they have some sort of discount upgrade program, but that is probably just wishful thinking.

It better have local coop though!