Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gammatron 64 posted:

That's the Gobots, I mean this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl4IqLfzHwg

And this is what we got:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ARpYKUoNB8

Also, I caught an episode of Ben 10 one morning and it has loving Crasher from the Gobots in it.

Speaking of Machine Robo go look up the opening for the second series Battle Hackers which has one of the catchiest opening songs ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Figure King magazine has a pic Wheeljack's silouhette - it's happening!!!11

Hopefully Bumblebee and Magnus won't be too far behind now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Honestly, I couldn't really care less about MP Sideswipe, Prowl (maybe a little), et al, but Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Magnus have me so excited.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I don't care about masterpiece guys because they're too expensive. I mean Soundwave is great and all but Generations Metroplex costs around the same and it's a few feet taller than any masterpiece.

I just want a good Generations Ultra Magnus. Like they're adding the leader class to generations and I want a good classics styled Magnus with Trailer.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
"I don't even have a mouth, you dumbshit!"

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't care about masterpiece guys because they're too expensive. I mean Soundwave is great and all but Generations Metroplex costs around the same and it's a few feet taller than any masterpiece.

And if the height of a Transformer was the sole mark of its quality, that would mean something. I would say with no reservations that you get more for your money with TRU Soundwave than Metroplex. Yeah, big robot is cool and all, but near-flawless representations of six of the most classic characters in the franchise are in another league. Maybe if Metroplex's alt modes weren't so bleh it would be a closer race.

quote:

I just want a good Generations Ultra Magnus. Like they're adding the leader class to generations and I want a good classics styled Magnus with Trailer.

I really feel like this is never, ever going to happen, but a couple years ago I probably would have said the same about the Voyager Rhinox that's currently shipping to stores, so who knows?

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 20, 2013

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen cost me £34 each, inc shipping. That's like not even twenty quid more than FoC Jazz or Prime costs round here.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That optimus prime has underboob. What.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Do not look directly at the Transformers GO! designs. It's not good for you.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sentinel Red posted:

Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen cost me £34 each, inc shipping. That's like not even twenty quid more than FoC Jazz or Prime costs round here.

Jeez, where from?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't care about masterpiece guys because they're too expensive.

I don't care about any of the Masterpiece guys coming out lately because they're all dumb boring cars. :argh:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
So, I've gotten a fuckton of deluxes lately.

I got the four pack for Dark Energon figures from Prime off BBTS for like $20 because for that price why not?
*Knock-Out: my favorite of the bunch. I've never had this mold before so it's a new experience, and I really, really dig the neon green and purple. He looks really sharp.
*Wheeljack: the clear slicer colors look awesome on him. This guy's my second favorite for sure. He has a couple really smooth red and black paint apps on his car mode that look nice.
*Bumblebee: Never had this mold before either, and I'm kinda glad I didn't as he sucks. He arms don't seem to lock in all the way so they're at a 45 degree angle.
*Starcream: He's the FE mold in Skywarp colors, not much else for me to say, it's the third time I've gotten this mold.

And the new wave of Generations:
*Dreadwing: I'm really glad this guy exists as I have a ton of nostalgia for the G2 toy. Sadly I'm just not a big fan of this mold, but I can kinda forgive it as it's G2 Dreadwing. I really wish he had a peg so I could shoulder mount his weapon like the original.
*Waspinator: He looks fantastic in robot mode and looks like he walked right off the show. Wasp mode is a little odd. I'm worried his back bug legs are going to break sometime as they're on a VERY tight ball-joint. Also, they didn't do enough coats of yellow so some green will show through the paint.
*Goldbu- erm, I mean Goldfire: He's a huge improvement over that Bumblebee, even with some nasty and potentially scary swirly gold plastic.
*Skids: I dunno, because I couldn't find this guy. It's a shame, he's the one I wanted the most.

Going through the store, I've noticed that the paint apps on Hasbro's Transformers have really gone down the toilet lately. I've been comparing multiple copies of the same figure in the store, trying to decide which has the least sloppy paint apps before I get them. I saw a Crock-Out where they missed a couple headlights and got it on the hood of the car. And they're really bad with yellow paint - check out Waspinator and ESPECIALLY the IDW Bumblebee. They're too cheap to do multiple coats so the plastic colors are always going to show through, and it looks horrible.

SpikeMcclane posted:

I figure someone's going to suggest that there be a show that's American written and japanese animated, but that's what we just had with Prime.

That was the case with G1 as well. Well, for the episodes made by Toei, anyway (mostly season 1 and the '86 movie.)A lot of it was also animated by Korean Studio AKOM, which did most of seasons 2-4), so in other words, if it's a G1 episode and the animation is really, really bad, it's probably an AKOM episode.

The_Doctor posted:

Honestly, I couldn't really care less about MP Sideswipe, Prowl (maybe a little), et al, but Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Magnus have me so excited.

Prowl and Sideswipe are really awesome, and are in fact my favorite Masterpieces. I like them even better than Optimus and Soundwave. If you get one figure out of the new Masterpiece line, get Prowl. He's pretty much perfect.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
My Smokescreen arrived yesterday too and he's a real blast. I'm getting the other two Datsun bros for Christmas so this is the first experience with the thing and it's real cool. The paint apps are sharp, he's got the big dummo head, he rolls and fits together well. Just everything about him is cool and I give him two thumbs would recommend.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Ha I told myself it was going to be a body pillow. Welp.

The cassette pillows from the same person are pretty neat though...

E:
Ungh dat arcee body pillow

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

tfwiki posted:

We learn from Nightbeat's deductions that Cyclonus belong to the religious order of the Clavis Aurea. "Clavis aurea" is a 16th century theological term that refers to the means by which hidden meanings in texts may be discovered; it means "golden key" in Latin. With this in mind, think back to the character-specific promotional images released for the launch of More than Meets the Eye #1... and recall that Cyclonus's read: "Cyclonus is key." Hmmmmm...

:stare: Holy poo poo

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Going through the store, I've noticed that the paint apps on Hasbro's Transformers have really gone down the toilet lately. I've been comparing multiple copies of the same figure in the store, trying to decide which has the least sloppy paint apps before I get them. I saw a Crock-Out where they missed a couple headlights and got it on the hood of the car. And they're really bad with yellow paint - check out Waspinator and ESPECIALLY the IDW Bumblebee. They're too cheap to do multiple coats so the plastic colors are always going to show through, and it looks horrible.

Yeah, as much as I defend a lot of the current toylines, it sucks to have to compare every figure in the store to get the one with decent paint apps. It's not even being overly nitpicky, It was tricky to actually find a Krock Out without an ugly red splotch in his face from lack of face paint.

Though apparently not even Takara masterpieces are safe from this.

Sadly a family member saw me comparing figures once so they think I'm super picky and are afraid to give me TFs as gifts. Like c'mon guys I'd never look down on a transformer present :haw:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, as much as I defend a lot of the current toylines, it sucks to have to compare every figure in the store to get the one with decent paint apps. It's not even being overly nitpicky, It was tricky to actually find a Krock Out without an ugly red splotch in his face from lack of face paint.

Though apparently not even Takara masterpieces are safe from this.

Sadly a family member saw me comparing figures once so they think I'm super picky and are afraid to give me TFs as gifts. Like c'mon guys I'd never look down on a transformer present :haw:

Yeah, we've been getting occasional toys with lovely paint apps since the 70s, but with these recent figures it's really, REALLY commonplace to have the paint all blotched or in the wrong place or going outside the lines like it was handpainted by a three year old. I have plenty of higher end stuff like Masterpieces, Bandai Tamashii nations stuff, and even regular old Transformers that you could find in Wal-Mart that have super crisp and clean paint apps. They gotta be skimping on something.

Heck, I can pretty much tell you they're skimping for a fact, because not just some of those Bumblebees and Waspinators have the plastic color showing through the yellow paint apps, all of them do. Would it really have killed them to do a couple more coats of yellow?

Pretty much every Transformer I see in the store has something wrong with their paintjob, and usually I have the pick the one that's the least hosed up.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I was looking at those V-tech dinosaurs (again) at Target, the basic ones are the same price point as deluxes. The Vtech toys weigh 4x more, have lights, sounds, and a display inside of them. I almost got "MC Roar the Giganotosaurus" because he reminded me of a vehicon.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I got Doubledealer yesterday. Mine had some chips in the light blue paint on his chest. I think I'm mostly posting in case anyone has any questions, but it is exactly what it looks like. No surprises at all.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

strangehamster posted:

I was looking at those V-tech dinosaurs (again) at Target, the basic ones are the same price point as deluxes. The Vtech toys weigh 4x more, have lights, sounds, and a display inside of them. I almost got "MC Roar the Giganotosaurus" because he reminded me of a vehicon.

That is a perfect example of a toy line your inner 5 year would kill to get

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Cosmooooooooos :dance:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
He's got big old thumpy meathands and a shuttlegun and a MODE OVNI

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Whelp, now I have to buy a globe.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I got lucky-- Rhinox came in today! I could do the "one new voyager a day" plan indefinitely.

Rhinox's loose knee issue is so severe it puts me off the whole thing, and it's apparently very widespread. Merry Christmas. :(

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A bit.. lanky? But not bad, actually. It's just a test shot btw, not the final colorscheme. It's voyager-sized.

What else are Unique Toys known for?

edit: also new Thew with a TWIST AT THE END

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 20, 2013

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Blackheart posted:

What else are Unique Toys known for?
They're rumored to be the same folks as CHMS, so knock-offs. Only thing they've released so far is that predaking that's a KO of a modified G1 Predaking.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

You weren't kidding!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm seriously bored with Dark Cybertron.

I already dislike big crossover events, but in this case it's actively screwing us out of character development on the Lost Light. Get it over with already.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

GD_American posted:

I'm seriously bored with Dark Cybertron.
That was basically my read of this week as well. I just don't care and resurrections piled on retcons is such lovely big two styling. The twist in the dead universe was dumb as gently caress too.

Also the strong implications members of the cast are going to die in this event is truly dismal. A good death is fine, and a tragic death is poignant (Pipes :(), but a death to 'up the ante' of a lame crossover is not. Especially when nothing, no matter what, is going to save the antagonists from the fact they're not threatening at all. They've died multiple times. We're pretty sure they can take them, they've done it before. Didn't one of them get pushed into what amounts to a waste processing pool?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I'm having such flashbacks to bad 90s Marvel crossovers guys, like Midknight Sons/X-Cutioners Song level flashbacks.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Big dumb crossover events are literally the big reason I don't read Marvel and DC comics these days.

Can't I just read a book about robots and their wacky adventures without them being interrupted by a big huge storyline that takes up all the comics and yet in the end, ultimately adds to neither?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Even worse is that some much of Dark Cybertron reminds me of Heart of Darkness and Chaos. They really should go out of their way to try and never remind anyone that those happened, except when necessary.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I tried re-reading Heart of Darkness to do a post in the "The Worst Runs" thread but just god drat it I couldn't do it.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Can't I just read a book about robots and their wacky adventures without them being interrupted by a big huge storyline that takes up all the comics and yet in the end, ultimately adds to neither?
On that note - who wants to bet the end of the Tyrest arc revealed more, hinted at more, felt like more in every way we'll be able to articulate when Dark Cybertron ends?

gently caress, the end game stuff in RID's first big arc was more exciting than this. Combiners tearing up the city is way cooler than "undead titan fart of ruination levels random buildings and knocks over people you don't care about".

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

And I could forgive the "need" to do a crossover if it wasn't for 2 things:

1. Isn't the idea of a crossover to get people that are only buying one book to buy two books? Who the gently caress is only buying ONE of the TF monthlies!?

2. This thing is just so LONG. If I'm doing the math right, we don't get a "real" issue of either series until May at the earliest.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

strangehamster posted:

I somehow managed to completely forget these existed and now all my christmas gifts have been bought and wrapped. :mad:

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

SpikeMcclane posted:

I figure someone's going to suggest that there be a show that's American written and japanese animated, but that's what we just had with Prime.

That would be Mighty Orbots, actually.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
:downs: Note to self:
get everyone the Unicron series for secret santa next year

e:
and a non-transforming Bumblebee... DAMNIT Doctor! I had full intentions to send you at least 3 Bumblebees and completely FORGOT! AAAgggghhh!

I am completely serious. Next year, then. :clint:

TheDK fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 21, 2013

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Got my secret santa box in the mail yesterday. Going to wait till Xmas to open it and then I'll post pictures.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

1. Isn't the idea of a crossover to get people that are only buying one book to buy two books? Who the gently caress is only buying ONE of the TF monthlies!?

This is probably the most salient point, in my opinion. It's interesting to me that I have turned several non-TF fans on to MTMTE, all of whom have not only fallen in love with the series but have started picking up RiD on their own volition just because they want to find out what else is happening in the universe with the characters they only saw a glimpse of in MTMTE like Prowl. Not one of them hasn't given RiD a shot after reading MTMTE. So yeah, I really don't know who they're trying to convince with a crossover. I suppose it's nice to be able to mix up the character interactions between the casts, but Roberts really seems to be doing fine with his bunch on their own.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bought a bunch of the dudes who come with comics included during the Amazon sale, and just read Trailcutter's. It's fantastic.

Do these only come with the figures, or were they able to be bought by themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
The comics included with the majority of figures currently available were one-shots created to be both sold alone and then later included with a figure but starting with the most recent wave the figure's comics are from the current two ongoing series