Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
True, you think by now he'd know that it's a time to just relax a little and straight up roast a chicken's ding dong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
He's probably just worried he'd run into Trouble Man and No–No again, and who could blame him really? No–No murdered him when he was already dead. That's like, double death. Beef won't take well to that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MMAgCh posted:

He's probably just worried he'd run into Trouble Man and No–No again, and who could blame him really? No–No murdered him when he was already dead. That's like, double death. Beef won't take well to that.

To be fair, Beef commissioned that. Can't blame a weird spirit mouse dude for doing what's commissioned of him.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Daktar posted:

Worrying about sudden death from unexpected sources is Roast Beef's thing

Well, one can be either Prepared or Unprepared for death.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Pakled posted:

I wonder what it says about Roast Beef that all his poems are about weapons hidden in food killing the eater.

It's why he can see a rainbow turnin' out badly.

You know, the rainbow might refract the sunlight at him, burning him to ash.

ohhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

MMAgCh posted:

Roast Beef is keenly aware that we are never safe, anywhere.

This stip could only be more Philippe if the last panel was him in bed crying.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
http://www.antigravitypress.com/gothic.htm

I found this while I was reading some Achewoods. You might like it, if you like things sometimes.

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

http://www.antigravitypress.com/gothic.htm

I found this while I was reading some Achewoods. You might like it, if you like things sometimes.

I like many things, all the time.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12202013

New strip

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I can't wait to see how Teodor manages to completely gently caress this up.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Why can't people find happiness, you jerk.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pope Guilty posted:

I can't wait to see how Teodor manages to completely gently caress this up.

Sometimes love is those fleeting, wonderful highs

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

glug posted:

We been through this.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:siren: If you are going to post a new strip the you are supposed to use these. :siren:

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

withak posted:

:siren: If you are going to post a new strip the you are supposed to use these. :siren:

And here you are with sirens and no link to the new comic. Shame on you.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I didn't want to waste space with redundant links when it was already posted above (without :siren: s).

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Last night, I entered my room and found a bottle of Jameson and an attached card with my name on it. It took me 15 seconds to register how it got there (my room mate has a very thoughtful girlfriend), but all I could think for those 15 seconds "Bless the baby angel who is in charge of days like today."

EDIT: Regarding today's strip, it reminds me of when Cornelius met Polly. When two characters internally analyze each other in Achewood, are they ever wrong?
Ultra Edit: Yup. Never mind.

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 20, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Teodor really showed Charts something there today :shobon:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

glug posted:

Because they are Teodor.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Zereth posted:

Because they are Teodor.

He will never be in a band.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Zereth posted:

Because they are Teodor.

e: :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dodgeball posted:

Pope Guilty posted:

Always good to see Quote Brothers posting :)

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Always good to see Quote Brothers posting :)

Ain't nothin' more special...than...Quote...Brothers...

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Dodgeball posted:

Ain't nothin' more special...than...Quote...Brothers...
In for avatar :whatup:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

quote:

Philippe ‏@Philippe_Hugs 6m

Lyle stared right into my eyes while eating all my honey roast peanuts! He almost made it not a Love You Friday! (Don't worry, it still is).

Phillipe :allears:

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

withak posted:

No. gently caress you, buddy.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

It's been said many times before in this thread, but drat, Onstad was really hosed up seven ways to Sunday.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
On one hand, I like this new development. On the other hand, since this plot involves Teodor, I feel that when the other shoe drops it's going to leave behind a crater.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

MondayHotDog posted:

It's been said many times before in this thread, but drat, Onstad was really hosed up seven ways to Sunday.

"Sometimes love is wondering if you trapped an innocent person" is one of my favorite lines in the whole comic.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Tupperwarez posted:

On one hand, I like this new development. On the other hand, since this plot involves Teodor, I feel that when the other shoe drops it's going to leave behind a crater.

Within which, he will have to blow a guy.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

If you want a picture of the future of Achewood, imagine Teodor blowing a guy. Forever.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

ChairMaster posted:

"Sometimes love is wondering if you trapped an innocent person" is one of my favorite lines in the whole comic.

My favorite depressing Beef quote is "There ought to be a prison for dudes who think they can make some happiness in this life". http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05292008

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Dodgeball posted:

Within which, he will have to blow a guy.

Hey, Teodor chose to blow a guy. Don't be judge-y.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

BlueDestiny posted:

If you want a picture of the future of Achewood, imagine Teodor blowing a guy. Forever.

lowercase16 posted:

Hey, Teodor chose to blow a guy. Don't be judge-y.

Don't have judgment, lowercase16! You KNOW you don't drive a woman crazy enough to buck nasty!

delirious pancake
Dec 29, 2006
in your grocer's freezer

I haven't thought about this one for a while. I love the Philippe part - Philippe has adventures. Forever.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

delirious pancake posted:

I haven't thought about this one for a while. I love the Philippe part - Philippe has adventures. Forever.

I love that Philippe is always 5, which is why the going home arc depressed me. To me, it alludes to Philippe no longer maintaining that quality.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Even if he stays five, everything else still moves on.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
I choose to see that comic as what each character thinks their future will be like. It makes sense to me that way. Only Ray would envision a future where he gets bionic ears. Only Beef would envision a future where Molly leaves him and he dies horribly. Philippe just wants to be five. Even Teodor is self-aware of his tendency to do well for a little while, then have everything slip through his fingers.

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Tupperwarez posted:

I choose to see that comic as what each character thinks their future will be like. It makes sense to me that way. Only Ray would envision a future where he gets bionic ears. Only Beef would envision a future where Molly leaves him and he dies horribly. Philippe just wants to be five. Even Teodor is self-aware of his tendency to do well for a little while, then have everything slip through his fingers.

That's a refreshing take on it. I would say though, that Ray is the guy to make bionic ears happen, especially if he needed them.