Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Doltos posted:

That was KJI who thought McCargo would be some sort of all world prospect. That D-line was sick though. McCargo anchoring the middle, Manny Lawson and Mario rushing the edges, and Stephen Tulloch cleaning everything up on the second level.

Not all world, I just didn't want Kiwi when we already had twenty thousand DEs and DT was a wasteland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If it weren't for NFL Films you could easily convince me that "Joe Montana" is not a real person.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Johnny Unitas would have been the greatest coach name sport had ever seen
Except it's not actually pronounced the way most people think it is.

Anyways back to the draft please.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The idea of my father mispronouncing a childhood idol's name for 50 years is... sobering.

Ozzie Newsome loves Alabama and the Ravens will need a Tackle come draft day so there has been talk of grabbing Cyrus Kouandjio in the 1st. He's mocked to the Ravens many times but it seems like writers are falling in love with the idea of an Ozzie Bama union so they're forcing the pick when it doesn't make sense. I think he has ideal size and arm length, with enough athleticism to play well in the NFL. Matthews is rightfully the number one guy, for me, Kouandjio is number two. The number two Tackle doesn't fall to the early 20s, where Baltimore will likely pick. So what's wrong with the guy that I'm missing?

Also, just because I like Kouandjio doesn't mean I want him. We need a RT. RT tackles can be found with a later pick. I want Mike Evans, Davante Adams, Jordan Matthews or whatever other fella looks like the best receiving threat by our pick.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Gendo posted:

Except it's not actually pronounced the way most people think it is.

Anyways back to the draft please.

What is his first name pronounced "Joanie" or something

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
He's not in the NFL yet (or probably ever) but Munchee LeGaux is the best QB name.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kim Jong Il posted:

Not all world, I just didn't want Kiwi when we already had twenty thousand DEs and DT was a wasteland.

I don't think anyone wanted Kiwi with Osi/Strahan and Tuck just being picked up the year before. But that was William Joseph's fault that they didn't address DT.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

TheChirurgeon posted:

What is his first name pronounced "Joanie" or something
Unah-Tahs. The pronunciation was anglicized.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Declan MacManus posted:

2014 NFL Draft: I seen tape, I stay noided

I considered setting a youtube video to this song consisting of every time Roethlisberger has been sacked, so I appreciate the reference.

I am too lazy to ever hunt down all that footage(pun!), but it would be awesome.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I've started paying attention to draft prospects, and as a Dolphins fan I'm obviously going to start with the offensive line and I've found Taylor Lewan to be very disturbing and I'm terrified the Dolphins are going to draft him.

It's almost like he's some sort of love-child genetic experiment crossing Jake Long and Richie Incognito. He's a big goofy looking white guy with tribal arm tattoos, he's wearing Long's number, at his school, in his position, and plays stylistically a bit like him. He also has a penchant for playing dirty, will break down into a conflagration of personal fouls in situations he's pissed off. There's also the bit about him making a phone call threatening to rape a woman whom reported his roommate for rape.

It's all very :tinfoil:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I've started paying attention to draft prospects, and as a Dolphins fan I'm obviously going to start with the offensive line and I've found Taylor Lewan to be very disturbing and I'm terrified the Dolphins are going to draft him.

It's almost like he's some sort of love-child genetic experiment crossing Jake Long and Richie Incognito. He's a big goofy looking white guy with tribal arm tattoos, he's wearing Long's number, at his school, in his position, and plays stylistically a bit like him. He also has a penchant for playing dirty, will break down into a conflagration of personal fouls in situations he's pissed off. There's also the bit about him making a phone call threatening to rape a woman whom reported his roommate for rape.

It's all very :tinfoil:

On the bright side though I think the Incognito situation will force the Dolphins (maybe some other teams but I doubt more than a handful) to more carefully look at that stuff. Hell, this will also be the first post-Hernandez draft so it will be interesting to see the weight placed upon these events.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami most certainly goes offensive linemen and secondary in the first three rounds. It's too early to give up on wheeler and Ellerbe.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gendo posted:

Unah-Tahs. The pronunciation was anglicized.

My polish grand dad used to freak out all the time when people pronounced it Unite Us. It's unah-tas, and the first name should also be pronounced like Jo-Nie

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Melvin Gordon is going back to school.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Teddy declaring

@teddyb_h2o: Sacrificed a lot of personal glory for the people around me because I I've always been apart of something bigger than me. It's my time now.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ehud posted:

Teddy declaring

@teddyb_h2o: Sacrificed a lot of personal glory for the people around me because I I've always been apart of something bigger than me. It's my time now.

It'd have been funny watching the draft community convulse if he said he was going back one more year

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Ehud posted:

Teddy declaring

It was inevitable since his stock could only go down at this point.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Ehud posted:

Teddy declaring

SO WHAT YOU THINK YOU'RE BIGGER THAN THE TEAM NOW? RED FLAG. TAKE HIM OFF THE BOARD. :bahgawd:

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Arschlochkind posted:

SO WHAT YOU THINK YOU'RE BIGGER THAN THE TEAM NOW? RED FLAG. TAKE HIM OFF THE BOARD. :bahgawd:

Clearly everyone in his entire life was just holding him back. You know McNair doesn't like character issues!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
here's part one of roasted donut's 100% correct every single year quarterback draft roundup for idiot nfl posters who never watch college football and don't know poo poo (which is like 98% of this dumb rear end thread)

teddy bridgewater is a dumb piece of crap who played for lovely loving HOUT rear end idiot louisville, whose toughest competition was Southern Idaho A&M, sucks really bad and will be a gigantic bust and only draft him if you hate your idiot rear end team and think blaine gabbert is real cool outside of the funny rear end blaine gabbert real american youtube video. he loving sucks. don't draft his dumb rear end.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roasted Donut posted:

here's part one of roasted donut's 100% correct every single year quarterback draft roundup for idiot nfl posters who never watch college football and don't know poo poo (which is like 98% of this dumb rear end thread)

teddy bridgewater is a dumb piece of crap who played for lovely loving HOUT rear end idiot louisville, whose toughest competition was Southern Idaho A&M, sucks really bad and will be a gigantic bust and only draft him if you hate your idiot rear end team and think blaine gabbert is real cool outside of the funny rear end blaine gabbert real american youtube video. he loving sucks. don't draft his dumb rear end.

Whoa there, motherfucker.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Well I can't argue with most of that

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

Roasted Donut posted:

Tell me what QB the Vikings should take in round 2, rD.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
it' hard to say, because the draft process is loving dumb as hell so who knows who will be there in round 2???? here's some potentials i guess though

blake bortles. this dude owns. he got a dumb loving name and a cute girlfriend with big pold fake noe and faker tits,. legit rear end program this year and he's cool

tajh boyd. lmao. you're a bigger loving dickhead than the the idiot retard who drafted bridgewater.

johnny football. 100% unironically the best QB this draft. he's gonna be lovely but his intangibles are off the chart and his fuckin' knows no bounds. he's brett farve with no bounds

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

That sounds about right.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
that should say fake nose for blake bortles large chested girlfriend.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
this qb class is like loving the trash next to kitty genovese

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I legit can't disagree with Roasted Donut on Manziel.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Manziel is going to be garbage to mediocre peppered with amazing TD throws

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Manziel is going to be garbage to mediocre peppered with amazing TD throws

A slower, shorter Pryor with maybe better instincts.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I do not think I would want my team to draft a guy described as 'Brett Favre but lovely,' personally

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grozz Nuy posted:

I do not think I would want my team to draft a guy described as 'Brett Favre but lovely,' personally

I bet he has a McFadden kind of career.

Sucks * * Sucks Sucks * Hey wait * he's pretty * gooMVP * HOLY SHI * * WHAT * do you seriously suck again? * Sucks * Sucks * just cut his rear end already

*injury

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I'm all for it. Sign me up. It'll be entertaining, at least.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Roasted Donut posted:

this qb class is like loving the trash next to kitty genovese

I feel like this might be an exaggeration.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Volkerball posted:

I bet he has a McFadden kind of career.

Sucks * * Sucks Sucks * Hey wait * he's pretty * gooMVP * HOLY SHI * * WHAT * do you seriously suck again? * Sucks * Sucks * just cut his rear end already

*injury

Are you able to make analogies without using Raiders players

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

What other players matter?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

I'd read a novel that substituted analogies and metaphors for the 2013 Oakland Raiders roster

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Roasted Donut posted:

it' hard to say, because the draft process is loving dumb as hell so who knows who will be there in round 2???? here's some potentials i guess though

blake bortles. this dude owns. he got a dumb loving name and a cute girlfriend with big pold fake noe and faker tits,. legit rear end program this year and he's cool

tajh boyd. lmao. you're a bigger loving dickhead than the the idiot retard who drafted bridgewater.

johnny football. 100% unironically the best QB this draft. he's gonna be lovely but his intangibles are off the chart and his fuckin' knows no bounds. he's brett farve with no bounds

what about derek carr

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what is an intangible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Ehud posted:

what is an intangible

not giving a gently caress and launching a pass into heavy coverage and getting that TD

• Locked thread