Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Looks like a proper stadium IMO. The only things I really dislike about the Amex are the single tiers behind the goals.

QPR will find 20,000 fans like Brighton found 15,000 fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Looks like a proper stadium IMO. The only things I really dislike about the Amex are the single tiers behind the goals.

My favourite thing about Old Trafford this year is how many tears are behind the goals.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I look forward to having an entire row of seats to myself.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Aitor Karanka's already kracking up.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Chris de Sperg posted:

Aitor Karanka's already kracking up.

Agreed best get rid I think, I'd rather have Steve Clarke anyway.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Leeds are a lock for the top 6 trophy

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Superb win for Wigan against Bolton, seems like Uwe Rosler knows his stuff.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Ilyich posted:

Superb win for Wigan against Bolton, seems like Uwe Rosler knows his stuff.

They out-played us completely in the first half, but the second was one-way traffic for the most part. They certainly like passing the ball, but there are defensive frailties there for sure, their heads dropped noticeably after the first Bolton goal. If they can get a good defender or two in Jan they'll make the play-offs for sure though, whilst I think mid-table's about as good as we're going to get.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Zola's resigned

Not a good day for managers of London(ish) teams

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

irlZaphod posted:

Zola's resigned

Not a good day for managers of London(ish) teams

3rd manager with Chelsea ties to quit/be sacked in as many dayes

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

His resignation letter is so heartfelt, he is obviously devastated by the poor performances recently. The directors were apparently reluctant to let him go. I hope he gets another managerial role and does well, he's had us playing some great football at times.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

:(

Zola posted:

From Gianfranco Zola to all Watford supporters:

I am writing this today with a very heavy heart and after a lot of consideration, to tell you that I have resigned from my Head Coach position at Watford.

First of all, this decision has not been made quickly. I mentioned after the game on Saturday that I wanted to think about things overnight and that is exactly what I have done.

I must place Watford Football Club first in my thoughts and it is for this reason that I have taken my action.

I feel that it is in the best interests of the team that somebody new is given the chance to bring the success which we have all hoped for and worked very hard for.

It is for a variety of reasons, and not just over one matter or one moment, that I feel this is the right decision for me, in the best interests of the club - and I know I can trust you, the supporters, to respect my decision fully.

Last season was such an amazing time, for the players, the staff and the supporters. And I loved that journey. Every minute of it brought a new challenge, different experiences and a lot of learning.

I have had supporters tell me that the Leicester game in May was the most amazing moment in their time supporting their club.

I will always remember having been welcomed so warmly to this wonderful football club, to have been supported so fully and to have been able to share moments of excitement and joy that will always live with me.

But this game does not wait and does not stop. There is always the next challenge and a new environment ahead which means nothing is ever the same.

For now, I want to wish the players, the staff, the fans and everyone else who has Watford Football Club at heart my best wishes for the future.

It has been a privilege and a pleasure to serve this club and I am sure we will see each other again one day.

Best wishes,

Gianfranco

Read more at http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/131216-zola-resignation-1240083.aspx#7D2QJ4jetL1cuE7Q.99

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Zola was one of my favourite managers due to that leicester game.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

QPR will find 20,000 fans like Brighton found 15,000 fans.

This. I remember going to the Withdean towards the end of Brighton's holiday there and it would only be 2/3rds full. It's not that people in the city didn't care, but they were just happier to go to a lovely new stadium and support a club that's moving forward. Nobody enjoys away trips to QPR's legoland arena currently.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I'm cautiously optimistic about mystery Italian manager Sannino, he seems to have lots of experience and if he can get our players, who tbh are actually pretty good, playing any sort of decent cohesive football then I think we still have a shot at making the playoffs.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

He has a decent record in Italy, he was just cut short by one of the mental chairmen, I think it was Zamparini. So more experience than Zola, however he probably doesn't speak english (Pochettino but this myth to bed though)

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
We've got a squirrel stoppage at Loftus Road.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Not as cool as the Venky's chicken at Ewood Park.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Oh Millwall-Boro is televised today that would explain why they were trying to flog tickets for a fiver

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

feeney starting lol we're hosed

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

someone tossed a second ball on the pitch, classic

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

we're good lads who mean well

some nice challenges in this game imo

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

this has been scrappy so far no wonder tbh it's been pissing it down all day around here

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

i really dont like scott malone

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

The Liam Feeney Experience this is probably gonna happen all night given we cant pass anything in the air given the wind also mustapha carayol is injured

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

yellow for ayala

what a thug imo

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

feeney skins two men and then puts in the weakest cross ever to kill the play

thanks feeney

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

nice bit of play there from boro

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

dire

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

loving argie oval office

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ledesma :swoon: He's usually either totally poo poo or mostly poo poo depending on his mood. Today it was mostly poo poo.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

having dinner gently caress this poo poo

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Adomah!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

complete loving garbage

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009