Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

What will the arc smelter do in gameplay terms, anyway? And, follow-up, will we be able to dispose of assistants in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Well with a source of carbon, borax, and sulfuric acid you can make hard ceramic plates.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 21, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Anticheese posted:

What will the arc smelter do in gameplay terms, anyway? And, follow-up, will we be able to dispose of assistants in it?

More importantly, will it turn them into a shiny statue of their former selves?

lenin
Sep 11, 2001

dear leader

Gotta Wear Shades posted:

So fairly early in the round an emagged medbot loaded me with Pancuronium. There were traitors and at least one werewolf running around so for the most part I was on my back in medbay as different people tried to figure out what was going on. By the time someone identified the poison for what it was I was in crit and died before anything else could happen. I was a little put out that I could be gasping and paralyzed in the middle of medbay for so long and still die.

once I accidentally released a lovely disease on the station (I think I was trying to give people grognardism but they got beserker instead). I wanted to cure everyone but there's not a simple way of doing that, so I tried the "add reagent to all" command. I misread "pancuronium" as "panacea" and added it to everyone, hoping that would fix them. oops.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Unhappy Meal posted:

I got yelled at so so much when all I did for a round as security was sit at the office window, take complaints, and hand back tickets.

Although I've never had anyone disarm spam me either, but then the people I usually baton are often too busy trying to hide their traitor items, and/or had just shot me with a derringer and didn't expect me to get back up to baton them.

On the other hand, sitting at the office window, taking bribes (and advertising this fact over the radio), and telling AI/security to let the bribe givers get away with whatever they want always, always leads to hilarity. It's even better if the rest of the security staff is playing along, but it's still funny if they're not.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Neddy Seagoon posted:

More importantly, will it turn them into a shiny statue of their former selves?

Finally, I can roleplay Rugal Bernstein in every game I play.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I learned today the hard way that escape pods are very unreliable.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zeether posted:

I learned today the hard way that escape pods are very unreliable.

They're very reliable! They'll explode violently every time.

Matty
Oct 29, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

Idea: Making a flamethrower but instead of using rods use a hollowed pipe frame and fuel + oxygen to make a spud cannon.

Fits any item under a certain size, fires harder or weaker depending on fuel used with exploding chance because black powder cannons are fun and reliable, nice ammo things include rocks, foor tiles, sponges with chems on and drinking glasses full of nasty chems.

Rods glass and cutlery should stick in and cause bleed, heavy objects should knock people over / out.

Stuffing tons of stuff in the barrel should launch multiple projectiles... or explode your arms off.

That or you can just stuff a ton of banana peels in the barrel and gently caress poo poo up clown style.

I was thinking that a makeable blunderbuss would be a fun thing and would work in the same way! Essentially a dangerous, inaccurate and unreliable as heck gun that you could stuff cutlery/rods or whatever in and hope for the best when you fired it. Could make it require blackpowder or welding fuel top up with every shot.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Amatuertip: The Heavy Horseshoe can kill someone a lot more easily than you think.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
Am I crazy, or can traitors no longer fry people using the chef's deep fryer? I was trying to murder someone last night (and eat the corpse), and every time I tried to force her into the fryer, it just said that I was forcing their face into the fryer. Can you only deep fry a person if they climb in themselves now?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
As far as I'm aware it's always been that way.

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

Noose Induce posted:

Amatuertip: The Heavy Horseshoe can kill someone a lot more easily than you think.

What does it do? Does it stun if you throw it at someone?

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Not quite. You can combine it with another item to pack a mighty wallop though.

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as walls keep shifting
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

Shalhavet posted:

Not quite. You can combine it with another item to pack a mighty wallop though.

Rock-it-launcher?

CrowdControl
Aug 2, 2011

Uhh Tommy, I think I'm just gonna sleep at my house tonight...
Nope!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Unless it was changed recently or there's another item it can combine into it didn't do that much damage as a victim of it.

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

Combining a heavy horseshoe with boxing gloves will weight the gloves, making them do roughly twice as much damage on average and I think maybe making them stun more frequently.

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(

Clockwork Cupcake posted:

Combining a heavy horseshoe with boxing gloves will weight the gloves, making them do roughly twice as much damage on average and I think maybe making them stun more frequently.

They used to do a ton of brute damage and 100% knock down. Last Spacemas if you got them as a traitor you were going to be successful.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Clockwork Cupcake posted:

Oh, so boxing gloves stun for a more than a minute normally?

E: Also it hurts a lot when thrown too, please don't do that.

Unhappy Meal fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 21, 2013

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

neogeo0823 posted:

Why not just eject the whole southern half of the station? Saves a ton of people the headache. :colbert:

But seriously, if ejecting the engine gets implemented, the ejected engine needs to go somewhere hilarious before exploding magnificently. Like, just next to the mining outpost, or crash landing into one of the telescience expedition areas or something.

And possibly give you enough time to 'escape', which is a lot more fun and interesting , even if people would rarely survive it. Maybe have a set or two of emergency EVA gear that deploys after ejection (or if EMAGed). Ideally you'd have a chance at survival, but not a good one.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Safari outfit is amazing. I am never not getting that again if I roll traitor MD, the boomerang is a beautiful, beautiful thing of joy.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

quote:

Henry Lium says, "Due to the diligence of our research team"
Discount Dan [145.9] says, "hello medbay"
Discount Dan [145.9] says, "i need my arm re-attached"
Henry Lium [145.9] says, "The bar is now serving a David Ryder Sandwich"
Henry Lium says, "The bar is now serving a David Ryder Sandwich"
You take a bite of the lightly-fried David Ryder's right leg, lightly-fried David Ryder's left leg, lightly-fried David Ryder's left arm, and lightly-fried David Ryder's right arm sandwich on plain bread!
That tasted amazing!
Henry Lium says, "AMAZING"

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
So, what do people think of Cogwerk's change to the way tasers work?

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
We really need a notification for when the fuel tank of a flamethrower runs out so I don't end up spraying oxygen on everyone because I ran out on LSD with no way of knowing.

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as walls keep shifting
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

Captain Bravo posted:

So, what do people think of Cogwerk's change to the way tasers work?

It is a very good change, you must now take more risks to be a fightin' man.

Bachelor Numpad
Sep 16, 2001

All wreckin' and smashin' my junk on the crossbar
What's different about them?

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as walls keep shifting
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

Bachelor Numpad posted:

What's different about them?

They lose potency over distance, so being shot from far away doesn't stun you anymore, maybe just gives you a couple seconds worth of weird movement, like a flashbang would give you. Close up still stuns.

Getting tased by a bad man is no longer guaranteed death (barring you being pumped full of drugs)

Although I really think the amplified vuvuzela should have these new effects, like it now does.

Kayle7 fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 22, 2013

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I like the new robust-centric tasers.

Does the energy gun get the same problems?

Dr. Cogwerks
Oct 28, 2006

all I need is a grant and Project :roboluv: is go
It's the same projectile, so yes.

The change isn't anything to do with falloff over distance, I messed with that aspect of most projectiles like six months ago.
Taser bolt change: instead of the first bolt stunning you for a set (and fuckin' long) duration of time regardless of what you are wearing, tasers now take armor class into account.
Spacesuits, armor, command armor, industrial armor, etc will all give some degree of reduction.
The first bolt now causes confusion. Another bolt will slow you like you're freezing cold, the next stuns, the next floors you. Burst stun at close range will wreck your day, but an errant lucky shot flying down the hall is potentially survivable now. It will still definitely interfere with your ability to fight though.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

How about batons? Are they changed at all?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

0lives posted:

How about batons? Are they changed at all?

No. But I think it's better that way.

Security still needs to be at least somewhat robust compared to an assistant with a zipgun.

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.

Motherfucker posted:

No. But I think it's better that way.

Security still needs to be at least somewhat robust compared to an assistant with a zipgun.

In my experience zipguns have been kind of hilariously unreliable. Any time I want to test a bullet it fires fine but the instant I point it at someone, boom.

Which actually, as far as I can tell means it's working as intended.

Skwid fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Dec 22, 2013

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Skwid posted:

In my experience zipguns have been kind of hilariously unreliable. Any time I want to test a bullet it fires fine but the instant I point it at someone, boom.

Which actually, as far as I can tell means it's working as intended.

I like them, although I'd say they're a little OP they still seem fairly secret so far somehow (I figured out how to make them on my own the second I saw one get dropped by a guy I stungloved)

Also zipgun is actually better than riot launcher, even with the risk of explosion.

Prosthetic_Mind
Mar 1, 2007
Pillbug

Also I was going through some of my old files and found a couple pics of my exploits in times before supernorn's great spritework. For nostalgia's sake, here's one of genetics-

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
If security does get something new, I hope it's hard knuckle gloves or a wrist strap for their batons.
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum7085.php

amuayse fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 22, 2013

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

amuayse posted:

If security does get something new, I hope it's hard knuckle gloves or a wrist strap for their batons.
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum7085.php
Nah, it'll be grapple resistance and/or wedgie-proof undergarments.

...because after wrestling, clearly the next logical step is wedgies.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Dr Cheeto posted:

They're very reliable! They'll explode violently every time.

All the ones I get just end up stopping out in space. I have to get out and smash them into exploding myself :(

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Motherfucker posted:

I like them, although I'd say they're a little OP they still seem fairly secret so far somehow (I figured out how to make them on my own the second I saw one get dropped by a guy I stungloved)

Also zipgun is actually better than riot launcher, even with the risk of explosion.

There's a zipgun that's hidden on the station already pre-built! It's pretty amazing as a quick self-defense weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as walls keep shifting
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

It's the same projectile, so yes.

The change isn't anything to do with falloff over distance, I messed with that aspect of most projectiles like six months ago.
Taser bolt change: instead of the first bolt stunning you for a set (and fuckin' long) duration of time regardless of what you are wearing, tasers now take armor class into account.
Spacesuits, armor, command armor, industrial armor, etc will all give some degree of reduction.
The first bolt now causes confusion. Another bolt will slow you like you're freezing cold, the next stuns, the next floors you. Burst stun at close range will wreck your day, but an errant lucky shot flying down the hall is potentially survivable now. It will still definitely interfere with your ability to fight though.

Unfortunately this makes .38 revolvers MUCH more powerful since they still stun right on hit, if they have the stun round. And I guess you don't have to be in detective clothes to use em anymore?

• Locked thread