Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Pretty sure that has always been the consensus about XDG. Zuna plays bad way more than good and some of the games (vs C9) Zuna was the reason they lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Zuna is not good with lucian. Granted, the only carry I remember him being remotely good on is tristana. They should go grab robertxlee.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Gambit pretty sloppy overall so far, Darien proving that you need to camp him to keep him down yet again and Edward on point with ults + teamfight synergy more than making up for their early derpage.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Darien rocking the Deathcap.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Deathcap Gaming :allears:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Digital Jedi posted:

Pretty sure that has always been the consensus about XDG. Zuna plays bad way more than good and some of the games (vs C9) Zuna was the reason they lost.

I wonder why people talk about Vulcun throwing to C9 but not C9 throwing to Vulcun that one game.

Hell, if I remember correctly the throw was Sneaky arcane shifting forward randomly and just losing C9 the game.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Did anyone else see the second NLR AFTER the Deathcap on Shyv

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
I love Edward so much.

quote:

Gambit pretty sloppy overall so far, Darien proving that you need to camp him to keep him down yet again and Edward on point with ults + teamfight synergy more than making up for their early derpage.

Also pretty sure they didn't care much about early game because its snowball potential has been nerfed, they were just waiting for midgame power spikes and Amumu ult etc.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin
Very very convincing win, they hardly lost a single member in any teamfight. And they did it all with cool hats!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hypocrisy posted:

I wonder why people talk about Vulcun throwing to C9 but not C9 throwing to Vulcun that one game.

Hell, if I remember correctly the throw was Sneaky arcane shifting forward randomly and just losing C9 the game.
Because while C9 stayed on top of LCS the entire season, there were a lot of games where Vulcun was easily better than C9 but threw so hard because Zuna is an idiot. And he's an idiot in a lot of games.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
Have any teams even bothered taking traditional supports in S4? I can't remember. I know there's been a lot of Annie/Thresh/Taric because they're playing on 3.14, but I'm just wondering if the general consensus is "why do we want a squishy rear end Sona ult when instead we can get a tanky support or a mage with damage".

Actually I'm wondering why we haven't seen Zyra support more, since she obviously scales well with items too.

edit: and by traditional supports I mean like, sona/lulu/nami type champions who have utility on all their buttons but no damage or tankiness.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Vulcun clumped up like a bronze solo que team way too many times, darien was catching 3 of them with dragon descent and that+amumu is just...

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

mushi posted:

Actually I'm wondering why we haven't seen Zyra support more, since she obviously scales well with items too.

Because the side effect of giving everyone more damage is that squishy, less mobile champions are more likely to explode before dropping their whole damage.

mushi posted:

edit: and by traditional supports I mean like, sona/lulu/nami type champions who have utility on all their buttons but no damage or tankiness.

Nami and Lulu have more damage than you seem to think, when they get items.

curiousCat fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 21, 2013

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

mushi posted:

Have any teams even bothered taking traditional supports in S4? I can't remember. I know there's been a lot of Annie/Thresh/Taric because they're playing on 3.14, but I'm just wondering if the general consensus is "why do we want a squishy rear end Sona ult when instead we can get a tanky support or a mage with damage".

They poo poo on the base numbers of the traditional supports because riot wants them to have 100+ ap in midgame.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So I just got back and what is the first thing I hear? Amumu support.

Thanks Gambit, finally somebody with some imagination. Also thanks for ruining SoloQ for a week...

mushi posted:

Sona and Lulu are common picks. Utility is not something that should be unappreciated.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
The Warwick.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin
Haha and now loving Warwick, I love Gambit :v:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
And a Warwick pick! First Warwick in how long?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

THE WICK IS OUT

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
And the cancer.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flameingblack posted:

Because while C9 stayed on top of LCS the entire season, there were a lot of games where Vulcun was easily better than C9 but threw so hard because Zuna is an idiot. And he's an idiot in a lot of games.

I don't think you can really blame Vulcun throwing on one person. It's definitely a team effort.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
WOOF WOOF FUCKERS

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Holy poo poo Alex on Riven, I've never seen him play that before. I was sure the WW pick was his because he's been doing Warwick mid in solo queue lately (and owning)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't think you can really blame Vulcun throwing on one person. It's definitely a team effort.
Any game where Zuna wasn't on Tristana there was a 70% chance he was going to just walk straight into the enemy head first. He's got bad positioning, tunnel vision, and blood lust and has a terrible habit of dying first without his team ready to back him up. That's not a quality you need on an ADC.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
RIVEN 2 STRONG RIOT PLZ NERF

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
EDWARD :allears:

Edit: That chant, I am dying

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ahahahahahaha...Vulcun chants.

And...deep shame at the USA chants.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT DRAGON STEAL BY BENNY

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 21, 2013

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
Rofl, Gambit disrespect finally biting them in the rear end.

Edit: Haha, and now Gambit's long experience letting them easily win a fight they shouldn't.

nomadologique fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 21, 2013

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Xmithie and mancloud are so good, jesus.

Also why did they blow every bit of cc on Edward there? Jeez.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I love Gambit and the god called Darien.

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.
Remember that XDG is the same team that will build an incredible advantage and then throw everything away.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Flameingblack posted:

Any game where Zuna wasn't on Tristana there was a 70% chance he was going to just walk straight into the enemy head first. He's got bad positioning, tunnel vision, and blood lust and has a terrible habit of dying first without his team ready to back him up. That's not a quality you need on an ADC.

Even on Trist he was terrible. There was a game where he was level 18 trist standing in baron pit with W available, plenty of space to maneuver during a teamfight AAing a tank and he just let Ashe walk up from below and AA him to death, an incredible lack of situational awareness. Vulcun's performance last split is a testament to how good the rest of the team is, especially Xmithie and Bloodwater because they had to carry the poo poo out of Zuna.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Darien built Sorc Shoes on Warwick, I love Gambit.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why do they keep going in on Edward?

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

Slaapaav posted:

I love Gambit and the god called Darien.

This.

XDG pretty outclassed in teamfights.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Speaking of Zuna...

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Did Edward just get a 4 (or even 5) man stun off there? Really, XDG?

E: Also, lol Zuna positioning

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Oh is that Bloodwater initiating and wasting his ultimate on Annie causing them to get demolished in the teamfight for a second time in a row? Ah, yes. Smart!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
hmmmm actual chat, Riven might be kinda powerful and probably should be killed every fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin

Power of Pecota posted:

Darien built Sorc Shoes on Warwick, I love Gambit.

And Diamond has a large rod on Elise too now :v:

edit: oh god he's actually building a DFG on jungle Elise

• Locked thread