Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Agh, couldn't quite get there. The wickets with a few overs left to go killed all their momentum.

I'm extremely, extremely glad they're not going stupidly gung-ho and will still have a draw after being set that kind of target with time left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
South africa are going to get boo'd off and its going to be hilarious.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Does fear of choking count as choking?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Should at least have got Philander on strike for the last over so he could MAYBE go bananas right at the death.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Both sides choked.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

The Deadly Hume posted:

Both sides choked.

Yeah, this! I can't understand why India had such a defensive field set with bowlers on strike

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

That is possibly the most worthless six I have ever seen.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Steyn shows he could have put 3 balls into the stands so easily too.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

"Oh, is that what you wanted me to do?"

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should have done that 2 overs ago. I can't believe I stayed up for such an anti climax.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

gently caress the draw, it was their chance to make history. Bottle job cunts.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
South Africa loving bottled it again. Philander could have put 2 of those deliveries into the stands easily and Steyn could have loving spazzed out and hooked one for 4 as well.

I cant believe they blocked out 3 overs with 2 batsmen still to go, of which Morkel was one. He could have blocked it out if it went wrong.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

serious gaylord posted:

Steyn shows he could have put 3 balls into the stands so easily too.

Steyn was getting really really really pissed with Philander, because he knew that he could just launch a couple.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

gently caress India and gently caress South Africa.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Faf is gutted, you can just tell.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Vando posted:

Faf is gutted, you can just tell.

Batted for 7 hours to get his team 99% of the way to the world record run chase, then watches Philander, one of the most destructive Saffer batsmen block it out and leave garbage length balls and decline singles.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeah. OK, one bad judgement after seven hours, but he got them that far.

Philander was doing alright too until then but then he got blue balls and ended up giving them to everyone else watching as well.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Amoeba102 posted:

. I can't believe I stayed up for such an anti climax.

you didn't tell me your bird had an account bhyo

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Anticlimactic end to one if the great tests. Neither team deserved to lose so I suppose a draw is fair.

thehappyprince posted:

Great post bro! Truly searing comedy!

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

thanks mate

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thehappyprince posted:

Aha.

Faf and ABdV look so loving pissed.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Really enjoyed that game. Should have been a 3 match series at least. loving BCCI

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
For. gently caress's. Sake.

Good result though.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
I don't know what you guys are talking about, that was cricket at its finest. Hail the king format!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So much tension, so much excitement, then all the resolution of a wet fart.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Lionel Richie posted:

Does fear of choking count as choking?

Yes.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Michael Jordan

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
The perfect result IMO.

Southy
Nov 18, 2012
I was hoping Steyn and Philander would try and get the umpires to take them off for bad light.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
In news that will shock no-one, apparently Graeme Swann has slagged off a bunch of the England team for being up themselves.

The irony and lack of self-awareness is frankly glorious. He's practically a goon.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Just getting back to the earlier chat about what went wrong for England. Australia isn't an easy country to get series wins in. Even with us sucking in recent history it's only been South Africa (twice) and England to have beaten Australia at home.

It was a bit dumb to just expect to blow Australia off the park. Australia haven't lost at the gabba since the 80s. Especially after they played well in patches in England and it was only really lords where they played outright badly.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

tarbrush posted:

In news that will shock no-one, apparently Graeme Swann has slagged off a bunch of the England team KP for being up themselves himself.

The irony and lack of self-awareness is frankly glorious. He's practically a goon.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

tarbrush posted:

In news that will shock no-one, apparently Graeme Swann has slagged off a bunch of the England team for being up themselves.

Is there a link to this?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Shmoses posted:

Is there a link to this?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/dec/23/graeme-swann-swipe-lack-humility

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
When I read what he said I just assumed he was talking about some of the Australian players. Seems like the sort of comment that could easily apply to somebody like Watson.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I would assume he was talking about the 100 page menu full of dumb poo poo last seen at Bob Geldoff's summer pretension retreat.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

tarbrush posted:

How do you know he isn't? Maybe it's Lionel?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

quote:

In his autobiography The Breaks Are Off

It is an iron law of cricket that the title of all autobiographies of cricketers have to be a tortured cricket metaphor.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I am pretty sure it is one of the main rules of cricket that anything vaguely related has to use a tortured cricket metaphor somewhere.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Looking forward to the forthcoming best seller from everyone's favourite all-rounder, Leg Before Watson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

EMC posted:

Looking forward to the forthcoming best seller from everyone's favourite all-rounder, Leg Before Watson

Sounds like a good name for a band.

"one step forward and a long walk back back / nobody gets too far like that..."

• Locked thread