Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
I've always been a bit curious as to why Gimble is able to go toe to toe with a vampire. Does the game reveal that he is supernatural in any way other than just being a psychotic limb chopper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Well, he's crazy and you're just a fledgling, so... Magic?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Slashers like Gimble are crazy and usually stronger than they have any right to be, but he's still just human and gets creamed pretty quickly in game.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

gatz posted:

Yeah, the voice acting is pretty well done. Bloodlines has this weird thing where the voices are doubled - I mean, say if you have headphones on, the voice acting sounds like it's coming from both the left and the right channels equally instead of sitting somewhere in the middle. It sounds like there's two sources of the voice coming from both the left and the right. It's a really weird thing I've never heard in any other game.

If I remember right, you can fix this if you go to your audio options and disable "Environmental Effect."

I've had other games do this where I have to dig through the audio checkboxes and find whatever thing they call it. Surprisingly, nobody is honest about it and calls it "fake, also terrible, reverb effect."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Honestly? Gimble is pretty easy, because he's an ordinary human., and they all have one major weakness. If you get your teeth in them, they're paralysed until someone else attacks you.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

wiegieman posted:

Slashers like Gimble are crazy and usually stronger than they have any right to be, but he's still just human and gets creamed pretty quickly in game.

Slashers are a nWoD thing. Which is probably for the best, really. They can be more dangerous than many supernaturals. Gimble's just a lunatic.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Elfface posted:

Honestly? Gimble is pretty easy, because he's an ordinary human., and they all have one major weakness. If you get your teeth in them, they're paralysed until someone else attacks you.

in-lore maybe and certainly for random human npc #3647, but I've never been able to get my teeth in gimble's neck, not when using strength buffs or the stealth discipline. I guess it's a boss fight mechanic ...

(but yes, he's pretty easy)

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Gimble can be tough because he does a nice amount of Lethal damage and if you're not combat spec'd at all and/or haven't gotten the hang of Bloodlines' combat mechanics (which is entirely possible for this early in the game) he's the first unavoidable combat you can experience--the beach house has a number of stealth/persuade/etc options to do it blood-free. It's close quarters, a bit surprising, so by the time you get your bearings you could be down a good bit of health.

That said, if you have any combat skill at all (and aren't using the .38) he drops fast.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I think I read somewhere he got buffed quite a bit in the plus patch. Not enough to be a threat, but noticeable.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Oh gods, Jeanette. One of my first girl crushes long before I had figured out my sexuality. I hear her voice perfectly even reading her lines.

Also, she was my wallpaper for so very long.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Added Space posted:

I think I read somewhere he got buffed quite a bit in the plus patch. Not enough to be a threat, but noticeable.

I don't know about Gimble in particular, but the Plus patch indirectly buffs all of the early bosses by reducing the effectivness of Blood Buff. In the original game it set your physical attributes to five, drastically increasing the amount of damage you could dish out and soak. Here it only raises your stats by two.

Even so, Gimble never gave me any trouble. He's more of an introduction to the melee combat system than a geniune threat. There's another fight in Santa Monica that's a lot more dangerous for a non-combat character.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Samuel Clemens posted:

I don't know about Gimble in particular, but the Plus patch indirectly buffs all of the early bosses by reducing the effectivness of Blood Buff. In the original game it set your physical attributes to five, drastically increasing the amount of damage you could dish out and soak. Here it only raises your stats by two.

Even so, Gimble never gave me any trouble. He's more of an introduction to the melee combat system than a geniune threat. There's another fight in Santa Monica that's a lot more dangerous for a non-combat character.

That fight is the first boss fight in the main quest, right? Gimble was only part of a sidequest and is fairly easy, but the first boss you're required to go up against is one tough motherfucker. I think - it could have been the second one you fight, too.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

TheMcD posted:

That fight is the first boss fight in the main quest, right? Gimble was only part of a sidequest and is fairly easy, but the first boss you're required to go up against is one tough motherfucker. I think - it could have been the second one you fight, too.

I think he means the one in Knox's sidequest.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

wiegieman posted:

I think he means the one in Knox's sidequest.

Hm, that was the one I had less problems with. The one that wrecked my poo poo was the one in the art gallery. Probably because yours is more ranged focused and mine is more melee focused, and distance makes damage avoidance a bit easier.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

double nine posted:

in-lore maybe and certainly for random human npc #3647, but I've never been able to get my teeth in gimble's neck, not when using strength buffs or the stealth discipline. I guess it's a boss fight mechanic ...

(but yes, he's pretty easy)

I've been able to bite him as a Tremere, after disabling him with a power. I think with all combat situations, if the mortal is actively fighting you, you have to pass a grapple check (Unarmed Combat) in order to successfully sink your teeth in. And really, who puts any points into unarmed?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

TheMcD posted:

That fight is the first boss fight in the main quest, right?

That's the one, yeah. He comes as a pretty nasty surprise if you're used to solving problems non-violently. Especially since you might not be at full health when you face him.

insanityv2 posted:

And really, who puts any points into unarmed?

Looks like someone never played as a Gangrel. :)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Is there an easier/better way to cheat other than using the console? The LP is making me play it again, but I just wanna fool around with the story as a "sort-of-pseudo-antediluvian" PC for laughs :v:

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Whats wrong with using the console? I suppose you can try to find a trainer but I've never trusted those things.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

insanityv2 posted:

Whats wrong with using the console? I suppose you can try to find a trainer but I've never trusted those things.

Nothing, I was just wondering if there was a save file editor or something that made it quicker and more convenient. After 4+ years since the last time I played it, I thought there might be one around.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

TheMcD posted:

Hm, that was the one I had less problems with. The one that wrecked my poo poo was the one in the art gallery. Probably because yours is more ranged focused and mine is more melee focused, and distance makes damage avoidance a bit easier.

That's actually an avoidable fight too, you can refuse Jeanette's request to slash the paintings.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Dr. Abysmal posted:

That's actually an avoidable fight too, you can refuse Jeanette's request to slash the paintings.

...that never actually crossed my mind. I guess I was just so entranced by her I completely forgot saying "no" to her is an option whereas saying "no" to Therese isn't?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

TheMcD posted:

...that never actually crossed my mind. I guess I was just so entranced by her I completely forgot saying "no" to her is an option whereas saying "no" to Therese isn't?

Oh so agreed. Its embarassing looking back on it really.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Cythereal posted:

Slashers are a nWoD thing. Which is probably for the best, really. They can be more dangerous than many supernaturals. Gimble's just a lunatic.

More on this? What exactly are slashers, something akin to Freddy or what?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

KazigluBey posted:

More on this? What exactly are slashers, something akin to Freddy or what?

Slashers are a nHunter thing, serial killers and psychopaths so insane or twisted that they border on the supernatural, whether it's in the form of preternaturally charming young men planning to turn your face into a hat as soon as they lure you away from anyone who could help you or crazed madmen who just won't die when a normal person should. They're not, as a general rule, actually supernatural despite potentially being able to go toe to toe with much of the supernatural world, and have basically no interaction with the wider World of Darkness, but they're intended as villains for Hunter players who want to be more CSI or Criminal Minds than X-Files or X-COM.

So less Freddy, more Jason.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 23, 2013

Erebro
Apr 28, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Slashers are a nHunter thing, serial killers and psychopaths so insane or twisted that they border on the supernatural, whether it's in the form of preternaturally charming young men planning to turn your face into a hat as soon as they lure you away from anyone who could help you or crazed madmen who just won't die when a normal person should. They're not, as a general rule, actually supernatural despite potentially being able to go toe to toe with much of the supernatural world, and have basically no interaction with the wider World of Darkness, but they're intended as villains for Hunter players who want to be more CSI or Criminal Minds than X-Files or X-COM.

So less Freddy, more Jason.

With a pinch of Jigsaw and Candyman depending on the individual.

See, slashers are divided into two broad types; rippers, who are simply more badass than average serial killers, and scourges, who actually have some degree of preternatural and/or supernatural ability. Each is divided into five Undertakings, based on both motive and pathology, since the two are largely hand in hand, with the scourge Undertakings being upgrades to the ripper ones. To wit, they are:

* Avengers, slashers driven by revenge. They're not unlike hunters, but where hunters at least try to moderate themselves, an Avenger sees no problem with burning down a house full of people to get at someone who did something that reminded the slasher of what drove him to madness in the first place. This is often something very wrong, but when you're killing a dozen people to get one con man, something's gone wrong.

* Legends, upgraded Avengers, slashers defined by the stories about them. A Legend is, in a sense, the living embodiment of her own myth, and if people do actions that define you as one of her targets, she gains some pretty nice supernatural boons. However, these stories usually contain weaknesses that drives her away as well, and a Legend doesn't really have a choice in not killing anymore-it's part of the story.

* Brutes, spree slashers. They're big, strong, and tough, to the point of being highly resistant to pain and damage. They're also still people, unlike Masks, although the only real way they communicate is through violence. They also grow hyper-focused on death, so it's quite possible to hide right under their nose.

* Masks, upgraded Brutes, B-horror movie Slashers. This is your discount Jason clone, nearly invulnerable to damage, as strong as an elephant on steroids, and completely incapable of communication. There's nothing there except the humanoid with the big axe and the growling breath, and the homicidal hatred of everything not them.

* Charmers, sweet-talking slashers. This is the closest most Undertakings get to the typical "charismatic sociopath" most people associate with real life serial killers. A Charmer thrives on the betrayal of trust he engenders when he tricks people into falling under his knives, and keeps up a mundane life as long as possible to pursue his murderous interests. They're also like real sociopaths in that they're incredibly short-tempered, and will lose their poo poo long enough for people to see through their facade if people call them out or bring up a subject that upsets them.

* Psychos, upgraded Charmers, obsessive slashers. This is the second-closest thing to the charismatic sociopath, and honestly, probably closer to what most sociopaths are actually like. They kill because of some crazed moral code that implores them to do so (think Anton Chigurh and his ideas of "accountability"), and are such skilled manipulators that they're able to keep the game going just long enough to get away or ambush. They also can't let things go-if someone gets away, they have to stalk and eventually destroy them, no matter how self-destructive it is.

* Freaks, deformed slashers. These the similar to Avengers in that they feel they're striking back at people who hurt them, in this case mocked their ugliness. They're very territorial, and masters of using their home field advantage to trap their prey.

* Mutants, upgraded Freaks, superpowered hillbilly slashers. Remember the original The Hills Have Eyes, and the family of misanthropic, uh, mutants? Mutants are like those, with their hideous mutations giving them actual supernatural abilities (which is to say things like armored hides or claws, not X-Men bullshit psychics) to assist in their revenge against the normal. They also have a born aversion to something that really, really scares them, like dogs barking.

* Geniuses, death trap slashers. A Genius is basically an evil Sherlock Holmes, using her memorized profiles of other humans to figure out ways to kill them, and better yet, get away with it. The book says the average Genius is the kind of person who can take apart a car, examine the pieces, and then put it back together by memory, with the exception of the blades hidden in the steering wheel that impale the driver when the CD player is turned on. They're also obsessive-compulsive as all hell, and things going wrong at all will cause a Genius to completely lose her poo poo.

* Maniacs, upgraded Geniuses, mastermind slashers. Maniacs are more than just very smart killers, they're preternaturally good at explaining why they're very smart killers-and so turning vulnerable people into their agents. A Maniac is almost invariably the leader of his own assassin network, and knows exactly how to use that network to make it seem like there isn't one at all. The good news is, the people who aren't vulnerable can quickly tell the Maniac is bugfuck nuts, and thus they have to remain in the shadows or get dead.

So, knowing all that, I would say Gimble, in the nWoD, would be a Psycho. He's socially adept enough to con people into helping out with his prosthetics, but unlike a Charmer, there's obviously something wrong with him at first glance (which he tries to deflect interest from or portray as noble), and he doesn't keep the game going very long, only long enough to get people in the cells, and from there commence operations to "develop a better prosthetic." Also like a Psycho, his area of expertise is the social one-in the physical one, he's a chump, especially against a vampire.

Erebro fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 23, 2013

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tehan posted:

Ah, Jeanette, I can still hear her dialogue in my head. The voice-acting throughout the game is phenomenal but the Voerman sisters especially are fantastic.

Grey DeLisle has that effect :allears:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Josef bugman posted:

Oh so agreed. Its embarassing looking back on it really.

Of course, there's also the fact that if you don't do what she asks, she starts bawling her eyes out and guilt-tripping you.
I just cannot say no when I see something like that.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
In summary, Jeanette maxes out both axes of the hot-crazy scale.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Siegkrow posted:

Of course, there's also the fact that if you don't do what she asks, she starts bawling her eyes out and guilt-tripping you.
I just cannot say no when I see something like that.

And it's perfectly in keeping with Kindred nature for her to know that and use it against you.

That's the one thing that never really gets played up enough - vampires lie and manipulate all the time. You really can't trust what anyone with fangs say. Or, as an Anarch might say, don't trust anyone over three hundred.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah, basically everyone is manipulating or using you. Rosa wasn't making it up when she said there are two people you can trust.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

We need to find Therese. Chances are that she's on the top floor of the club. First, however, there's a familiar face to talk to:

It's Knox.

He's that ghoul we ran into outside of the medical clinic. The one who has that 'super secret mission' for his master.

Hey, Knox. What's going on?

Eh, not much. I'm just waitin' around for my master.

The master you couldn't talk about?

Okay, okay. I guess I can tell you about him.

Speak of the devil, just the nosferatu we need to find.

No kidding? Small world. I'm looking for him.

[Listen] Aw man, I wish I knew where he was. I'm getting antsy waitin' around for him. I need to tell him some stuff, ya know. I dunno where he is or stays or anything. Aw man I- Whenever he needs me he just... ya know... appears.

What do you mean "just appears"?

It's crazy, he just appears out of, like, thin air. The first time he appeared - bam! - like to give me a goddamn heart attack. Aw man! Especially how he looks, blech.

Knox must be referring to the Nosferatu's ability to obfuscate.

What do you do for Bertram?

Aw man! Well, Bertram had me keeping an eye on this guy, this Asian dude who's been pokin' around Santa Monica. Bertram thought he might be a vampire or... something like a vampire, I dunno.

"Asian dude"... Knox may be trailing a Kuei-Jin, a "Kindred of the east".

Tell me about this "Asian dude".

Aw man, this guy, this... this thing... got wise to me. Now instead of me watchin' him, he's watchin' me, you know. I see this guy appear around me all the time, like off in the distance watchin' me, he'll... warp up next to me... aw man... then "whoo" disappear.

If Knox knows more, he's not saying.

That must be unnerving.

It's freakin' me out! I know this thing is totally toying with me. I want to put a bullet in its head but who knows if that'll do anything. So I was waiting till I talked to Bertram but... well... hell if I know where he disappeared to. It's messed up!

It does appear to be that way, Knox.

Look, I didn't wanna ask you but since you're a kickass vampire and I'm just the lowly ghoul, would you mind getting rid of this thing?

Is there anyone in an RPG that confesses their troubles to you and doesn't ask you to solve them?

Care to make it worth my while?

Aw, c'mon girl! What could I possibly have that a frickin' vampire would want? When I hear from Bertram, I'll let him know you're lookin' for him, how's that? C'mon hun.

Well, it'll be an interesting diversion, at the very least.

I guess I can look into it.

Driver's license? Shouldn't that tell you who he is?

No... the picture on the license isn't him. I don't know why he had it, but... well it might help you find out where he is and what he's doing. Here, take it.

You already gave it to us, but okay.

Alright. I'll take care of it.

Right on! Just come back and let me know the job's done so I can stop freakin' out. Oh man. Maybe I'll see Bertram by then.

One more sidequest to do, then. We could use more information about Bertram, though, if we're going to be dealing with him.

Sounds good Knox. I have a couple of questions.

Aw man, yeah, sure! What do you want to know?

So what is Bertram like?

[Listen] Oh man! Well he's, like, the only vampire I know but, well, he seems pretty drat powerful. Aw man, w-when he's lookin' at you it's like he's really scanning your brain, you know, it's like trippy, it's crazy. Ho man! But I guess that's the Nosferatu's thing, yaknow. They like, know everything I-I guess.

Knox's voice actor does a good job, but listening to his lines over and over is a little grating. As they should be.

I've gotta get outta here. Later.

Let's check out this license Knox gave us.

Virgil Crumb? Now where can we go to search through a list of names in a database? Kilpatricks. We'll head there later.

Now, there's a woman standing near the bar.

[Seduction]Since I walked in here, I haven't been able to able to take my eyes off you.

No....

Yes!

Mmm...!

I have something I want to tell you, come closer....

Blood doll. Useful for filling our blood meter up, and that's it.

Anyway, we need to talk to the bartender next. He'll probably know how to find Therese.

I'm looking for Therese. Where can I find her?

Therese? She's upstairs. She said she had business to attend to, but I can hear her and Jeanette bickerin' from here. Why do you need to see her?

[Persuade]I called earlier. I have an interview for the part-time hostess position.

Thanks. Bye.

Into the elevator that Jeanette went into, and up to the second floor. It sure looked like there were more than two floors from the outside, but this is the highest we can go.

The door leading further in is locked, but we can hear some sort of argument going on:

quote:

J: Your city? Last time I looked it was called Santa Monica, not Stuck-up Bitch.

T: So vulgar. I can't even look at you sometimes, you jezebel.

J: Oh, Therese, you really do paint a flattering portrait of me with your turn-of-the-century barbs. I always assumed you could do nothing but look down on me.

T: Just the sight of you - the sight of that wicked, painted pout concealing that dirty, diseased mind. Sin! You have no shame.

J: laughs, Let she who is without sin, cast the fierce tone.

T: Go ahead and mock me. You pull your pranks, make fun of my ways. It suits you. You're just one big joke.

J: upset, Don't you call me that!

T: Should I start calling a duck a pig as well?

J: I'm your sister! How can you treat me like this?

sound of door closing

T: That's it, Jeanette. Run away from the truth. I'll take care of everything, as always.

The door unlocks, and we can go in.

That must be Therese.

If you say so. I guess that means you're Therese?

She's the prince of Santa Monica, the head honcho, the "queen bitch", if you will. Notice that we're given the option to dominate her. Let's see how that goes.

Not well. I just wanted to show that off, now I'm going to reload and choose another response. For reasons.

I need you to call off the feud with Bertram Tung.

Tung's exile is self-imposed, I assure you. But then, what reason would I have not to hate that loathsome Nosferatu scoundrel. Bloody Nosferatu. They're so... unclean.

That sounds like a phobia more than anything else.

Why do you hate him?

He meddles in my affairs. He's a bad influence on my sister, and she on him. If you were in my place, would you let him compromise your authority? You most certainly would not. I'd quite like it if I never had to hear that name again.

Then can you put out the word that you've got no feud with him?

Why would I do that? Let him think I mean to kill him - that way, I don't have to worry about him sabotaging everything. Do you realize how his subterfuge makes me look to the Camarilla?

That's unfortunate, but I do need to see him.

What co-conspirators? And what property? This dialogue seems like it's copy and pasted from another conversation.

Hmm... I'd be willing to put the word out that my grievances with Tung have been swept under the rug, but in return, you'll have to help me remove a particularly burdensome spirit from a property I'm looking to invest in.

A spirit? You mean a ghost?

Ah, I forgot, you're still new to this. Allow me to break you in - yes, ghosts exist. Werewolves, mummies, and I'd expect a whole lot of other things I've never seen share the night with us.

Sure, I'll do it. What do I have to do to get rid of the ghost?

I'm being all buddy-buddy with Therese for the same reasons I'm being buddy-buddy with Jeanette. You'll see.

Rumor is that a personal item of a ghost's may be used to draw it out or excise it from its haunt. While I don't put a lot of stock in hearsay, it's my last option. So I want you to go to the Ocean House hotel, find an item of the spirit's, and bring it back.

I'll do it if you promise to call off the feud.

Oh, I fully intend to do so. You'll find that dealing with me, on the whole, is appreciably more predictable than dealing with some of the egomaniacs that are my peers. So long as our business doesn't go sour, my word is gold.

I can respect that. And I appreciate it. Goodbye.

If that's what it takes to get this job done.

If you'll excuse me, I've got a situation to set straight.

We should see if she'll tell us any more information.

I had a few questions.

Tell me a little about your twin sister Jeanette.

I've got things to do. Later.

Sounds like there are some pretty serious family issues. I'm sure they won't come up again.

This giant painting dominates the room. Perhaps this is a portrait of Therese, Jeanette, and their father at an earlier time. Speaking of Jeanette, she must have run into the bathroom. She left her computer unguarded.

Which we can hack into. We can't do the same to Therese's computer since she's here.

We'll hack into her email first. The password is wishes.

1 posted:

<Subject> Taking it underground
<From> Bertram

I'll be hiding out until your sister calms down. Let her know I pose no threat, and have her contact me when all is well.

Therese must be on a power trip or something. Could Jeanette be part of Tung's "co-conspirators" that Therese was referring to?

2 posted:

<Subject> Friday Night
<From> Mikey

Hey, what are you doing Friday night? I was thinking about stopping by the club, maybe we can do some... heh... dancing?

Jeanette sure gets around.

3 posted:

<Subject> Santa Monica is MY city!!
<From> Therese Voerman

You dirty little slut! How DARE you meddle in the affairs of my city, and with that disgusting Nosferatu no less?

She sure is on a power trip.

Now we'll hack into her contacts. The password is callme.

mikey posted:

<310> 555-5337,
mikey@yahooligan.vtm - ****

bertie posted:

bertram@schrecknet.vtm - **

That must be Tung.

arthur posted:

<310> 555-9829 - *

jeff posted:

<310> 555-9006 - ****

sara posted:

<310> 555-2216 - ****

jack posted:

<310> 555-8181 - *****

Jeanette is rating these people on a 1-5 star scale. I'm sure you can think of what basis the rating is on.

TheMcD posted:

I never looked into Jeanette's contacts that much to notice the two familiar names in there - I'd wager that both Arthur and Jack are the same Arthur and Jack we've already met.

That's all we can do up here for now.

If you spend 5 or so minutes dancing on the dance floor, you'll gain a humanity boost. We're going to be heading back to our apartment.

We have two things to do here:

1. We left that pack of werewolf blood in our mailbox. The money should be here by now.
2. We need to find out where Muddy went. His girlfriend lives in this building.

Murrietta - that was the name. Muddy's girlfriend lives in the apartment directly across from ours.

Good, the money's here. Not as much as we should have got, having gone through all the trouble, but we shouldn't have expected anything else from LaCroix.

He must have sent us an email about it. Let's check.

Yep.

Now, apartment 507 is locked. However...

There's a spare key in the plant right next to the door. You can also lockpick your way in if your skill is high enough.

This apartment has no furniture! She must have skipped town, any clues she might have had she took with her. BUT!

There's a phone with an answering machine in the corner.

Hey, Marian, it's Mike. Look, I gotta head downtown for a few days, maybe longer. If Reno calls, tell him to meet me down there - we've got something to discuss, apparently. I'll be at Milton's place in the Skyline lofts, 2A. Sorry baby, I'll explain everything later.

Hmm... Well, better report this to Arthur.

We can also check the computer for Virgil Crumb while we're there.

Hey. I've got some info about Muddy.

So what'd ya find out about Muddy?

He fled someplace downtown.

Alright then. I'll have to call in some bounty hunters to help me find Muddy and a couple of other jumpers. Thanks for all your help.

You can thank me in American dollars.

Oh, right right right. Sorry about that. Here ya are.

Thanks.

I will. Later.

Well, if we ever head downtown, it might be worth pursuing Muddy.

Alright, now time to find this guy.

But first, here's Arthur's one and only email.

Crumb, v can be found under a-f in the "krimeputer".

Being held at the clinic? Interesting... if that's what we want to pursue, that will be our next stop. But we could also check out that hotel for Therese. I'll let the thread decide our next course of action. Which should we pursue first, the hotel for Therese or the clinic for Knox?

gatz fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Feb 17, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Might as well get that drat hotel over with.

Also, I never looked into Jeanette's contacts that much to notice the two familiar names in there - I'd wager that both Arthur and Jack are the same Arthur and Jack we've already met.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Yeah, hotel first, get it out of the way.

I still love how excitable Knox is. :allears:

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

The hotel. It's one of the more awesome places in the entire game.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
But of course Jack is five stars :allears:

Aw man, I really love Knox's goofy vampire jacket.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

TheMcD posted:

Might as well get that drat hotel over with.

Also, I never looked into Jeanette's contacts that much to notice the two familiar names in there - I'd wager that both Arthur and Jack are the same Arthur and Jack we've already met.

Good point. I'll add that in.

Tehan posted:

Aw man, I really love Knox's goofy vampire jacket.

Heh, I love clever little posts like that.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

gatz posted:

Anyway, we need to talk to the bartender next. He'll probably know how to find Therese.

I'm looking for Therese. Where can I find her?

Therese? She's upstairs. She said she had business to attend to, but I can hear her and Keanette bickerin' from here. Why do you need to see her?

[Persuade]I called earlier. I have an interview for the part-time hostess position.

Thanks. Bye.

If your character's a male I think you make a comment about applying for the bartender position, which leads to Fatty McGee there to get upset and start ranting. It's -hilarious-.

Also, help Knox. He's a fine upstanding young man that is quite obviously in over his head. You should help him out.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hotel.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

There are some hilariously cliché dialogues you can have with the bartender. I hope you show them at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
In all my playthroughs I don't think I've ever run into Knox! Clinic, please.

Tehan posted:

But of course Jack is five stars :allears:

He probably hacked and boosted his stats at character creation. :v:

• Locked thread