Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hodgepodge posted:

It's a little weird that he has both Beta and Mad Dog to showdown with. I kind of want someone else to take down Beta at this point. Although he's a prime candidate for a face turn.

The thing is that we haven't Mad Dog do anywhere near as much as Beta so far so he makes a pretty bad gauge, that's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm wondering what happened to that blonde bitch after she hosed up Dan's legs.

Since she sided with the FUG members that had infiltrated Koon's team, it seems to me like once this thorn plot fails, karaka or whatever his name is is going to try to use Rachel in some way against Baam.

When I first saw Beta, I was wondering if somehow Beta was Rachel - since she seemed to be jealous of him, if FUG actually offered her the opportunity to become as strong as Baam is then she probably would have jumped at it. But the whole 'must make Viole feel my despair' makes me think my original theory is wrong.

Also, I just caught up on this after not having read it in ages. That bit where Rak un-compresses to fight the two snake members was absolutely fantastic. As was his solution to mister-fire-eater. I was annoyed that one of the best characters in the series was gone during the whole 20th floor thing, but ever since he returned he's been better than ever.

khy fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 20, 2013

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/172

New chap, stuff sure is moving forward now.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Mangacow link

"Suicide again?" :v:

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Aw man, I hope Wangnan doesn't die.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

You have a better chance of seeing Rachel descending from the rafters with a steel chair than having Wangnan actually die here.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

rizzen posted:

Aw man, I hope Wangnan doesn't die.
I'd really prefer if he did.

Part of what made the manga interesting in the very beginning is how brutal it was - everything was life and death, more often death. The price for climbing the tower was extremely high, meaning anyone participating had to be at least a little demented or tormented in some way.

That stopped, and you can't really get that back at this point, but I do miss the tension. Read the first ten or so chapters again - they're really good.

To that end, if someone wildly reckless and pathetically weak like Wangnan doesn't die in the world of this manga, then who will?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The first ten or so chapters of season 2 were the same way, really, like akraptor's 'sshhh, there are children listening' or Nia's brutal death scene. I like that kind of thing too, but it's never been a consistent thing in the series. Going off the two seasons we have, the start and end of the seasons are generally the most brutal, so...

I think somebody is going to die by the end of this, but not wangnan and even if Wangnan, not from the panel we've seen. I mean, it looks like one of his lungs is punctured, but something tells me Beta is going to toy around with him a bit before doing anything instantly fatal. So either Rak and co. have time to get to his location and save him (they're in an item shop, gotta be healing items), Koon steps out of his lighthouse observer thing again (he did this several chapters ago) or Wangnan finally shows some skill.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

No Wave posted:

I'd really prefer if he did.
To that end, if someone wildly reckless and pathetically weak like Wangnan doesn't die in the world of this manga, then who will?

Wangnan is the protagonist of season 2

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I'm kind of wondering how the world of TOG at large let Baam slip through the cracks to FUG. Apparently there was some way for the information about an irregular showing up to get to the top with Yuri showing up before Baam even took his test. You'd think the families or zahards would've interfered with this giant FUG plot or would be more involved when an irregular just disappears from the major test level.

I guess it'd kind of spoil the story of the force of the major families came down on FUG and killed Baam before the story even started, I'm just wondering how Yuri and FUG were the first and only to know.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I'm kind of wondering how the world of TOG at large let Baam slip through the cracks to FUG. Apparently there was some way for the information about an irregular showing up to get to the top with Yuri showing up before Baam even took his test. You'd think the families or zahards would've interfered with this giant FUG plot or would be more involved when an irregular just disappears from the major test level.

I guess it'd kind of spoil the story of the force of the major families came down on FUG and killed Baam before the story even started, I'm just wondering how Yuri and FUG were the first and only to know.

I'm guessing Headon had something to do with letting Yuri (who's associated with Wing Tree) and FUG know.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Slime posted:

I'm guessing Headon had something to do with letting Yuri (who's associated with Wing Tree) and FUG know.

I'm not actually convinced of that. I would more likely to assume that Yuri knew because of Evan, her guide, and FUG knew because of Hwa Ryun. One of the author blogs mentioned that some guides have a sort of clairvoyance/future-sight, which would be plenty to let them know that an irregular was entering the tower. Which, consequently, is why I think this is the case - Evan had to have been leading Yuri to him before Baam even opened the door, or they would never have arrived in time.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Sarcophallus posted:

I'm not actually convinced of that. I would more likely to assume that Yuri knew because of Evan, her guide, and FUG knew because of Hwa Ryun. One of the author blogs mentioned that some guides have a sort of clairvoyance/future-sight, which would be plenty to let them know that an irregular was entering the tower. Which, consequently, is why I think this is the case - Evan had to have been leading Yuri to him before Baam even opened the door, or they would never have arrived in time.

Actually you can see that Evan didn't know why they were heading down to the 1st floor, he's being dragged along by Yuri.

E: The very start of http://www.batoto.net/read/_/8/tower-of-god_v1_ch2_by_the-company

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Hirethor posted:

Actually you can see that Evan didn't know why they were heading down to the 1st floor, he's being dragged along by Yuri.

E: The very start of http://www.batoto.net/read/_/8/tower-of-god_v1_ch2_by_the-company

Touché! So much for that idea.

Maybe it's an Opera thing? Repellista could've been watching as well.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Sarcophallus posted:

Touché! So much for that idea.

Maybe it's an Opera thing? Repellista could've been watching as well.

Repellista seemed pretty oblivious as to why Yuri was trying to find Baam though. If she was the one who knew he was an irregular and passed on that info to Yuri and no one else it'd be kind of weird. Maybe being oblivious is a character trait of hers or something, but it seems really odd she just keeps it a secret that an irregular showed up, considering one of the previous 3 irregulars ran up the tower and murdered a bunch of Zahard folks.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Dec 29: http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/173

And Mangacow for those who prefer it: http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-93/1/

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

So happy Laure is back. Probably my favorite side character.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Two Tone Shoes posted:

So happy Laure is back. Probably my favorite side character.

Hell yeah. Notice how he went back to sleep 5 seconds after doing his thing?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Rak, Laure and Yeon all together and kicking rear end in the same chapter. :allears: Red hat guy getting his poo poo thoroughly slapped. :allears:

It is a thing of perfect beauty, and next week there's nowhere to go but up. :allears:

All I need now is to see Baam go nuclear on FUG and this will be the perfect capstone for volume 2.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Oh man, Beta just got wrecked in like the few seconds Laure was awake, amazing. :allears:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Baam going mental hss been building up for like 2 years and it's gonna be great.

I'm sure the team at hand is probably gonna deal with Beta while Baam gets his FUG hate out on Senior Mad Dog, then it all gets wrapped up by Hwa Ryun going "Well if it wasn't for this part of FUG you'd be melted down and all your friends would be dead!" to keep him on the path. Also not like Koon and Co. can deal with a bunch of high rankers coming down on them, but it's gonna be nice to see Baam with his team again.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 29, 2013

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oh Laure. Maximizing his effectiveness while minimizing his effort :allears:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

To that end, if someone wildly reckless and pathetically weak like Wangnan doesn't die in the world of this manga, then who will?[/spoiler]

I'm under the impression that Wangnan isn't actually unusually weak; he just has had the misfortune of being pitted against abnormally strong people. With advice he was still capable of getting behind and beating those bee twins, and if you go back to the beginning of volume 2 he breaks Lurker's arm/knocks the shinsoo container out of his pocket despite Lurker trying to attack him. While he definitely had some sort of advantage in both situations and wouldn't have been able to win either on his own and without advice and/or the element of surprise, the enemies were both really strong and he wouldn't have been able to do even that much if he wasn't pretty competent.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Another great chapter. I do wonder if/how Wangnan's going to survive beyond this considering his heart was punched out.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
There's speculation that Wangnan will survive because if he is Zahard's son, he may be protected as well by the immortality contract that Zahard made with the guardians.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Where have the months series weapons gone? When was the last time we saw one of those?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Yeah, I don't think the soul inside Black March has made a single appearance since the first or second chapter.

Oh, she electrocuted Leesoo, if that counts.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 30, 2013

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

pinegala posted:

Where have the months series weapons gone? When was the last time we saw one of those?

The ranking Zahard Princesses own them and we're presumably a ways off from dealing with those people. MAybe when our intrepid FUGers start making waves on higher up floors, some of the Zahard and family affiliates will take notice.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Aw Yiss, http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-94/ :flashfap:

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

This should be fun :black101:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Bernardo Orel posted:

This should be fun :black101:

I feel bad for Beta. Baam has a lot of pent up anger about people threatening his friends at this point. Granted, scientist-lady seems to be there to redeem him (and probably herself given her role in all this).

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/02-95/

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
All that build-up and then Baam takes him down with a single punch.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Safe and Secure! posted:

All that build-up and then Baam takes him down with a single punch.

Oh, I really doubt that that's all there is to it.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

The little bit of teamwork we saw with Baam, Yihwa, and Aguero makes me really want the finals to happen like right now. Love how the thorn wasn't even a factor in the fight until the last hit.

bofa salesman fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 12, 2014

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Hell yeah, Baam dropping truth bombs. :c00l:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

It always gets me when we see how hosed up the people in the Tower are. Regardless, I'm glad to see Baam doing okay (for now).

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/02-96/?all

Have we ever seen teddy without his wing before? :ohdear:

e: Yes, the last time he was stabbed by cassano.

Sorced fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 19, 2014

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

We've beaten Beta!

...We have to save Beta!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?