Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

StumblyWumbly posted:

Intrepid drowned halls is the New 10 person raid. It is a straight copy of one that used to be run at level 50. 4 bosses, pretty quick, but there are mechanics to know

Ah, no luck for me then. Still stuck in a more or less non-active EU guild where people only log on to do conquest.

Still waiting for enough EU goons to fire up ye old goon guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Datasmurf posted:

Ah, no luck for me then. Still stuck in a more or less non-active EU guild where people only log on to do conquest.

Still waiting for enough EU goons to fire up ye old goon guild.

Just fire it up anyway, I sure there is a bunch of EU goons waiting, I'm one of them.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Bonapartisan posted:

Someone in chat said sending gifts to your alt works towards this as well. I guess if anyone has an alt they want to kit out.

Just send your alt BoA items like costumes or planar essences and you can have them all on the one character.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
A few folks have been generous and have gifted holiday light dimension boxes and whatever other holiday dimension items they happen upon to me. (Amory)I have a bunch of lights to hang up as well as make the slide a bit more festive :haw:

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Decided to pick this up again after a long hiatus. Might play for a little while.

Character Name: Sekot

Svladcjelli
Apr 3, 2007

There's nothing that you offer but a dream of last years hero
Fun Shoe
I too picked this back up. Haven't played at all since launch.

Name: Cocacola

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Man it's been like 2 years since I played this dumb game, what the hell do i do at 50 now? I made a new alt just to see what's changed at the bottom at least. Is there anywhere I should be going to figure this poo poo out? :psyduck:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Phuzzy posted:

Man it's been like 2 years since I played this dumb game, what the hell do i do at 50 now? I made a new alt just to see what's changed at the bottom at least. Is there anywhere I should be going to figure this poo poo out? :psyduck:

Basically go hit up the Storm Legion zones (portals in capitals + IPP), there are two new continents full of content.

Once you hit 60... there's a post somewhere in here... but this is pretty accurate http://fextralife.com/rift-level-60-guide/

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

necrotic posted:

Basically go hit up the Storm Legion zones (portals in capitals + IPP), there are two new continents full of content.

Once you hit 60... there's a post somewhere in here... but this is pretty accurate http://fextralife.com/rift-level-60-guide/

"The One Level 60 Guide" - this one is quite thorough!

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/378262-one-level-60-guide-updated-2-3-a.html

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Anyone able to make any of the following on Deepwood? Have mats, but haven't been able to find a crafter.

Artificer:
Callous Chrysoprase Circle
Callous Madrosa Rod
Armorsmith:
Callous Rhenium Coif
Callous Rhenium Cord
Callous Rhenium Cape

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
I can make this on my alt. Either bother me on Killthehealerfirst or mail the mats to Nightelfrogue

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

we esports now :black101:

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

OneEightHundred posted:

I can make this on my alt. Either bother me on Killthehealerfirst or mail the mats to Nightelfrogue

Mailed. Thanks.

This'll put me over 400 hit.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

shut up gelly posted:

we esports now :black101:
Our of curiosity, what are the stats on that thing?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Daler Mehndi posted:

Our of curiosity, what are the stats on that thing?

wardrobe cape, no stats

MY RAZER CAPE MY RAZER SWORD

GUCCI GUCCI PRADA PRADA RAZER RAZER :getin:

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
Can I get an invite for Elapidus?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Ego Trip posted:

Anyone able to make any of the following on Deepwood? Have mats, but haven't been able to find a crafter.

Artificer:
Callous Rhenium Cord

I can make this on Bufus if you haven't found anyone yet.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I stopped in EQ2 today for the first time in about 3 years.

I'm sorry Trion, I'll never say anything bad about your FTP system ever again holy poo poo.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Query - what's the least played class in the guild? I know Rogues are everywhere, but what about Mages/Clerics/Warriors?

I love my 60 Rogue and have a 50 Cleric I'm planning to level next...once you're in Storm Legion zones, is still it just IA's all day, every day to quickly level?

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Query - what's the least played class in the guild? I know Rogues are everywhere, but what about Mages/Clerics/Warriors?

I love my 60 Rogue and have a 50 Cleric I'm planning to level next...once you're in Storm Legion zones, is still it just IA's all day, every day to quickly level?

Warriors are probably underrepresented, all other classes are in pretty good shape.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Oraculum Animi posted:

Warriors are probably underrepresented, all other classes are in pretty good shape.

Warriors > Rogues/Clerics > Mages.

More often than not (though lately this seems to be changing) we're pretty low on rogues and clerics, but we rarely have more than 2-3 warriors in a raid.

That said: play whatever the gently caress you want. We can use anything.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
oh yeah, I will not be on tonight (company holiday party), I should be on Sunday, and then I'm out of town until New Years. I'm honestly not expecting to miss much.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I have a question about general game performance. My system is an i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz, 760 GTX, 8 gigs of ram. I can usually leave it on Ultra when I'm out in the world, but when I get into a big fire rift, or I go back to a major city, I get some FPS loss. Is this normal? I'm trying to see if it's my system or this game.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Cacodad posted:

I have a question about general game performance. My system is an i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz, 760 GTX, 8 gigs of ram. I can usually leave it on Ultra when I'm out in the world, but when I get into a big fire rift, or I go back to a major city, I get some FPS loss. Is this normal? I'm trying to see if it's my system or this game.

I run at ultra and only see FPS loss if there are a lot of people around, or in areas with high model counts (larger cities). I've got basically the same setup as you, except I run an i7 @ 3.2ghz. Try turning off shadows and capes to start with and see if that helps, I've noticed they hurt things the most.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

necrotic posted:

I run at ultra and only see FPS loss if there are a lot of people around, or in areas with high model counts (larger cities). I've got basically the same setup as you, except I run an i7 @ 3.2ghz. Try turning off shadows and capes to start with and see if that helps, I've noticed they hurt things the most.

Shadows being on will also cause seemingly random fps drops in certain areas, like Emp Core or half of FT because they're drawing a poo poo ton of shadows that are being dynamically updated using light sources and surfaces that can barely be seen.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

For me, running an i3-3220 dual-core @3.3ghz and 8gb of ram and a radeon 7870 I can get mostly consistent FPS on ultra settings if I turn off anti-aliasing entirely and leave everything else alone. Maybe it's just me but that's the single largest drop in performance (if running the bottom option in the drop down box because the middle option makes NPC/PC names 'fuzzy')

That one setting is about a 20fps difference, even moreso in tempest bay.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Turning off Cloaks entirely gave me a 15 FPS bump in major cities. I'll try experimenting with turning shadows off and the AA stuff. Thanks all.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
The game is stupidly optimized to the point that any feature that says "CPU Intensive" is going to be your biggest culprit as long as you have a semi-modern GPU.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

The game is stupidly optimized to the point that any feature that says "CPU Intensive" is going to be your biggest culprit as long as you have a semi-modern GPU.

Yeah, the game runs most of the code on a single CPU core. Not much you can do about it, once that one core reaches 100% usage, you're going to see slowdown. This usually happens in cities around other players, in Rifts, and in fights with lots of players.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
That is really dumb. I was wondering why I was seeing performance hits with my pretty-drat-good setup.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I'm considering re-installing Rift for the PVP, since it was a blast last time I played it about a year ago. I haven't played since all the F2P stuff.

Are PVP sets (like Warlord's gear) still restricted by only obtaining the currency through dailies? Meaning is it a time-gated thing or can you just grind the gently caress out of it?

Has conquest improved? Last I played, it was kind of rough and unenjoyable, and people would rather play Warfronts.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Propagandist posted:

I'm considering re-installing Rift for the PVP, since it was a blast last time I played it about a year ago. I haven't played since all the F2P stuff.

Are PVP sets (like Warlord's gear) still restricted by only obtaining the currency through dailies? Meaning is it a time-gated thing or can you just grind the gently caress out of it?

Has conquest improved? Last I played, it was kind of rough and unenjoyable, and people would rather play Warfronts.

I can't really comment on this but they added "arena" PVP which puts you in r90 gear automatically.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
So I used up a bunch of leftover aligners on one of those Fae Yule gift boxes from an expert dungeon and got a lovely blue wand. If you're looking forward to a holiday full of gear upgrades from those things, don't.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

OneEightHundred posted:

So I used up a bunch of leftover aligners on one of those Fae Yule gift boxes from an expert dungeon and got a lovely blue wand. If you're looking forward to a holiday full of gear upgrades from those things, don't.

we all knew what they had. just get the neck.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug
Could I have an invite for my warrior, Vithya? :hist101:

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
I could also use an invite on my dwarf, Ptchoo!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Art.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
My Tempest Overlords box popped and I got the Tome of the Last Cyclone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
This is magical.
For New Year's there should be fireworks shooting out of it.

I can't raid tonight or for like the next 2 weeks. On the 6th, I'll be back or maybe dead, and I'll try to put together GA group 2 around then. So let me know if you 500+ hit and are 2 GA 2 play!

• Locked thread