Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rachel! That's it. Always forget that she's still a thing.

I wanted to say that the purple thing was Lockheed but there's obviously no Kitty.

I think the one on the left is definitely Emma. No idea who the machine one is though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

mind the walrus posted:

No idea who the machine one is though.
Danger?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is the kitten Molly? It looks like it could be a frog hat.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Couldn't he also be Deadpuss?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
He's the Merc with the Meow.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Did Superior not get an animal cover? I can't seem to find one in the article.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Of course not, he's a bug, not an animal!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I think the best part of that 'cat' picture is that Elektra's 'mounted' Frank, which just makes me recall this non-MAX Punisher story. In it, Elektra starts killing all of Frank's targets before he can get them, anticipating the next hit before Frank can even rack a round. This makes him think she's just loving with him before she kills *him*, since for some reason he confesses hearing a teasing feminine laugh each time after he realizes his prey's already dead.

On one last hit, right before he pulls the trigger, he realizes at the last second that the hooker with his target is Elektra in disguise. He confronts her before they kill all the guy's lackeys - she confesses that the only reason she killed his targets was "because she was bored," and then, no poo poo, he *asks her the gently caress out*.

Source: Punisher #27 (pre-2013)

Another panel in the same issue, where Frank's face is loving priceless:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Dec 23, 2013

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

SynthOrange posted:

Of course not, he's a bug, not an animal!

Cephalopods are totally animals dude.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Next panel is "Marry me." right?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That sounds like a fun story. What was the book/issue if you know?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The X-Cats are, in order from left to right: Karima "Omega Sentinel" Shapandar (cyborg kitty at the back), Monet "M" (the gloves are the giveaway), Psylocke, Storm, Rachel "90s Costume" Grey, Jubilee, and the tiny guy down below her is Shogo (Jubilee's adopted son).

Easy to figure out who's who when you're keeping up with the book and know the whole cast :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So Jubes is now an ex mutant vampire single mom sidekick?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fuego Fish posted:

The X-Cats are, in order from left to right: Karima "Omega Sentinel" Shapandar (cyborg kitty at the back), Monet "M" (the gloves are the giveaway), Psylocke, Storm, Rachel "90s Costume" Grey, Jubilee, and the tiny guy down below her is Shogo (Jubilee's adopted son).

Easy to figure out who's who when you're keeping up with the book and know the whole cast :v:

Here it is for anyone who can't be bothered going back for the link and then clicking until they find it:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

SynthOrange posted:

So Jubes is now an ex mutant vampire single mom sidekick?

Not sure about the sidekick part, honestly. It's more of a Lone Bat and Cub kind of vibe :drac:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love all those dumb animal covers. Except furry Carol.

Especially that giraffe Deadpool

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Did you guys know that Katie Cook, the artist on a bunch of those covers, actually has a whole lot of comics out you can buy? Worth checking out imho.

It feels like Dustin Nguyen is trying to tell us something in Li'l Gotham #9 but WHAT? I can't quite put my finger on it.

Mr Wind Up Bird fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 23, 2013

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It might not be the best of them (I like the Loki on is tops), but I have to appreciate the Silver Slother.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Did you guys know that Katie Cook, the artist on a bunch of those covers, actually has a whole lot of comics out you can buy? Worth checking out imho.

It feels like Dustin Nguyen is trying to tell us something in Li'l Gotham #9 but WHAT? I can't quite put my finger on it.

Batman gives a speech about how as long as you love a character, they will always exist. Even if they've been retconned away. Then Barbra Gordon, Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown all walk past in the background. That's the part that really makes me :)

Man between this and using the Batman/Tailia/Damian relationship as a stand in for divorced parents who have to put aside differences to show their children that they are loved, Lil' Gotham really is the best. It's what Grant Morrisons run on Batman should have built up to.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Why has no one posted the best one yet?

I'm going to buy myself the first Ghostrider thing ever soon.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Blah, I really should stop posting anything right after I wake up. It never ends well.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 23, 2013

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

thespaceinvader posted:

Bahahahaaaaa the Guardians of the Galaxy one with a very bored-looking Rocket Human.

Hi, I'm nobody, pleased to meet you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nobody has commented on the human Rocket Racoon? :swoon:

No one's read the thread either.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
The Captain Marvel one looks way too similar to Star Fox's Krystal.

From that Wired article:

I love Thor's :buddy: face.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gatts posted:

It's either from Punisher: Business as Usual or Punisher: Army of One

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Dare I hope those animal covers lead to a relaunch of Peter Porker: the Spectacular Spider-Ham?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think the best part of that 'cat' picture is that Elektra's 'mounted' Frank, which just makes me recall this non-MAX Punisher story. In it, Elektra starts killing all of Frank's targets before he can get them, anticipating the next hit before Frank can even rack a round. This makes him think she's just loving with him before she kills *him*, since for some reason he confesses hearing a teasing feminine laugh each time after he realizes his prey's already dead.

On one last hit, right before he pulls the trigger, he realizes at the last second that the hooker with his target is Elektra in disguise. He confronts her before they kill all the guy's lackeys - she confesses that the only reason she killed his targets was "because she was bored," and then, no poo poo, he *asks her the gently caress out*.

Source: Punisher #27 (pre-2013)

Reminds me of this Perry Bible Fellowship strip:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ManiacClown posted:

Dare I hope those animal covers lead to a relaunch of Peter Porker: the Spectacular Spider-Ham?

No, you'll have to read Otto Octopus: The Superior Spider-Ham!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

No, you'll have to read Otto Octopus: The Superior Spider-Ham!

All hams are equally superior. But some hams are more superior than others.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Action Tortoise posted:

Reminds me of this Perry Bible Fellowship strip:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Well, gently caress, now I don't know which tattoo I want to get now, hamster ghost rider or platypus Thor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can't stop laughing at the Flash's face here. He looks like he was drawn by Michael Kupperman.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

muscles like this? posted:

I can't stop laughing at the Flash's face here. He looks like he was drawn by Michael Kupperman.

As opposed to WW, who has clearly been hitting the Amazon-weed a bit too hard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

muscles like this? posted:

With their smiles it looks like they are taking the presents.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mister Roboto posted:

As opposed to WW, who has clearly been hitting the Amazon-weed a bit too hard.

She looks like she's stealing the present than laying it there thinking it'll be so hilarious later.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The perspective work is so bad on that cover. :psyduck:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Who gave the kid a ham?

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
Flash and WW are sharing a pair of tights

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gatts posted:

Punisher #27, Vol. 4. I have it because I bought myself the thick-rear end Punisher Omnibus as a Christmas present last year.

http://www.comicvine.com/the-punisher-27-elektra/4000-89994/

Another panel from the same issue:

DarkCrawler posted:

Next panel is "Marry me." right?

No, actually:

Then he asks her out.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Dec 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Wait, how old is Castle suppose to be now? Iraq war vet? Vietnam vet?

• Locked thread